[Not quite 3.7] A Simple Cleaver (Beginner friendly, SSF-viable, Much Explanation)

"
Scythless a écrit :
"
mode_ia a écrit :

Yeah I guess I was looking too hard at those perfect stats. Haha yeah I just realised that there's different stuff that's cheaper too.

For the build, do you really need the balance of evasion + armor, I'm thinking about skipping the extra evasion on gear because of the evasion aura, is that a bad idea?

You don't really need to balance armour and evasion.
I just took whatever had the better stats for life and resistances.
It's nice to have a decent amount in one or both of evasion and armour, but life and resistances is more preferred.
So if you have the choice of more HP and less Evasion/Armour take the HP.
Except when you get only single digit health over triple digit evasion/armour.

What's the ideal HP I should be looking for at level ~70-80? I just did a T5 Yellow map and I got completely destroyed by the map boss haha.
"
mode_ia a écrit :
What's the ideal HP I should be looking for at level ~70-80? I just did a T5 Yellow map and I got completely destroyed by the map boss haha.

For Level 80 you should probably aim above 5000 HP.
At Level 90 I ended at about 5,6k HP.
It's not a super high amount of life, but most of the time it works.

And generally, on bosses, you should be careful and learn what the boss does.
You're not on a timer (normally), so you can take a while to study the boss.
Avoid his attacks and spells with whirling blades if they do to much damage.
Keep him blinded with your totem if he's attack based, run around some more when he's spell based. (Spells always have 100% Hit Chance, so until you have spell block they will always hit you)
Hi,

New to POE, but having lots of fun. I really like this build. In my 20s so it's just now starting to come together with access to more gems, but wondered how you think it would work with Lacerate instead of Cleave? Just curious as I like both skills.

Thanks!
"
Zazyl a écrit :
Hi,

New to POE, but having lots of fun. I really like this build. In my 20s so it's just now starting to come together with access to more gems, but wondered how you think it would work with Lacerate instead of Cleave? Just curious as I like both skills.

Thanks!

Lacerate instead of Cleave...
I think it can work, but there is one thing to keep in mind.
The Threshold-Jewel for Cleave gives you free Fortify, which reduced damage taken from Hits (not Damage over time) by 20%.
While Lacerate would give a bigger Attack Range and would clear faster it would be squishier, unless you remove damage from your main link and use fortify instead.
Or, if you aren't lazy you can put Fortify on your another skill (mostly movement) and use it every 4 seconds. I myself am too lazy for that, though.

So, a quick summary:
Lacerate: More Attack Range, probably faster Clear Speed, less survivability without additional investment.
Just came back and enjoying this. Will dual-wielding cleave be hit by this?

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2255049/page/1
Dernière édition par gluttons, le 4 déc. 2018 03:33:55
"
gluttons a écrit :
Just came back and enjoying this. Will dual-wielding cleave be hit by this?

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2255049/page/1

This build has always been build around real Dual-Wielding, a.k.a. using and attacking with both weapons.
So no, it will not be affected in the least by this change.
I wanted to share how this build worked for me in Delve. After a couple of not-great characters, I ended up completely restarting and rerolling to this and having a blast. It's a great build-guide and I love how in-depth and clear it is :D

Final Gear

Much like you, I was able to complete up to T15 but I couldn't do Shaper Guardians (which I suspect is more a function of my ability to play the game than your build guide). I had ~6k life by the end, and I think I could get more with better items.

I did do some tweaking that I thought I'd share though, firstly I set up my CWDT setup as:
CWDT - Warlord's Mark - Immortal Call - Phase Run

I switched out Poacher's Mark for Warlord's Mark, as I found that with Blood Rage I didn't really need another source of Frenzy charges and that I benefited from the Endurance Charges more.

Initially, I picked up Enduring Cry as a quick way to gain Endurance Charges, but with Wyrmsign I found that proccing Rampage made Delves a bit easier. Having Endurance Charges also helped with Immortal Call and just general survivability.

I haven't fully optimised all my items (I'd like to get a Warlord's Mark on hit curse ring and replace Warlord's Mark in the cwdt setup with Increased Duration support), and I'd like to upgrade the belt to a decent Stygian Vise + Abyss Jewel for extra life/other stats. I'll also likely change the Jewels for better ones.

It's a really solid build and I had a lot of fun playing it in Delve :D
It's always nice to hear from someone how his experience went. :D

And I just updated to 3.5
Which basically means, I updated the thread title, because nothing about the build has changed according to the patch notes :3

EDIT: I just noticed one thing, that MIGHT change something about the build, but nothing major.
You might not be able to use Whirling Blades anymore if one of your weapons is an axe. If that happens, just use Leap Slam instead.
Dernière édition par Scythless, le 5 déc. 2018 13:57:07
"
Scythless a écrit :

You might not be able to use Whirling Blades anymore if one of your weapons is an axe. If that happens, just use Leap Slam instead.

Haha, you called it.
Will miss WB :(
Very insane build i'm not that begginer but i've learn lot of things in your build; im actually doing it and i like to have a goal, like a FINAL build to have however expensiv he is. Will you had a final build ? Also you can do your build more friendly to see, like adding gem pictures.

Thanks for your build <3

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires