[Not quite 3.7] A Simple Cleaver (Beginner friendly, SSF-viable, Much Explanation)

hi good day i really want to min max this build any suggestions on what to do thanks or uniques i can incorporate with this build
I started using again an Ahn Sword and a scaeva, and i must admit that it seems a good solutions - two ahn, if i have understood, means -2 charges, so one ahn look a good compromise
Dernière édition par Attilio73, le 28 janv. 2019 04:02:01
Hey,

Firstly thank you for this awesome build, I've started playing PoE when it came out and I did bounce off due to me not understanding the basic mechanics (like with skill gems :D) and now I;ve just made to act 6.
Secondly what would you recomend instead of charged dash (basically cleave does the job good enough, i.e. Whirling Blades into the middle of the pack and Cleave all of them) Aura? Or another skill i.e. Double Strike? Or something else for survival/ressists boost?

Anyway, Thank you for this guide :)
"
Dealish_Teppes a écrit :
Hey,

Firstly thank you for this awesome build, I've started playing PoE when it came out and I did bounce off due to me not understanding the basic mechanics (like with skill gems :D) and now I;ve just made to act 6.
Secondly what would you recomend instead of charged dash (basically cleave does the job good enough, i.e. Whirling Blades into the middle of the pack and Cleave all of them) Aura? Or another skill i.e. Double Strike? Or something else for survival/ressists boost?

Anyway, Thank you for this guide :)

If you're content with Cleave and nothing else, I have 4 things for you to try:
1. Defensive 1
Cast When Damage taken (cwdt) lvl 1, Immortal Call (lvl 1-3), Increased Duration (level as high as possible)
Reason: Immortal Call makes you invulnerable to physical damage. Triggered by cwdt it does not help against the first hit (oneshot), but it helps against every other hit afterwards. For example the spike monsters in the imperial gardens explode on death. Those can hit you a dozen or more times in less than a second. Immortal Call helps greatly here. Cwdt lvl 1 to trigger it as often as possible.
2. Defensive 2
Enduring Cry, Increased Duration, Blood Magic, (maybe Increased Area of Effect)
Reason: If you like more active defense you can use enduring cry to generate Endurance Charges. Every Charges gives you 4% ELemental Resistance (not relevant) and reduces physical damage by a flat 4%. So 3 Endurance Charges mean 12% reduced physical damage taken.
Increased Duration means, that the regeneration effect of Enduring cry lasts longer (it does not help with duration of endurance charges, only the hp regeneration of enduring cry itself)
3. Offensive
Vaal Double Strike (+ Damage Multipliers)
Reason: If you are comfortable with the defense, you can use this more burst damage against bosses. The clones from Vaal Double Strike can be really brutal in terms of dealing damage. But you have to charge them first.
4. Offense-Defense-Mix:
Cast when damage taken (a level you prefer) + Your Golem
Reason: The golem dies rather easly later. If you link it to cast when damage taken you can't cast it yourself, but it will be resummoned in the thick of battle without you having to lift a finger.
This might be a dumb question but what are your placements for the jewels?

I am very impressed with this build.
"
CrackStar123 a écrit :
This might be a dumb question but what are your placements for the jewels?

I am very impressed with this build.

The only relevant placement of this build would be for Overwhelming Odds, because that needs a certain amount of strength to work.
Overwhelming Odds works in 3 Sockets:
- The one in the middle of the tree, near "Sentinel"
- The one below "Berserking"
- The one left of "Golem's Blood"

The 2 right-most sockets don't support Overwhelming Odds.
Hey :)

I am trying Vaal Double Strike and it's doing great, just kinda still testing the support gems. Anyway I have a question, I'm still dying fairly easy on t3 yellow maps (MAINLY due to the 3x syndicate member spawning in on me), could you point me to right direction? Because i know I am doing something wrong, just I am not good enough to catch it d; Anyway on T4 maps I mainly survive but still there are some situations (i.e. on ice maps) that I'm killed in few seconds even with all my buffs and flasks started. And yes, I did not yet do the 3rd lab (waiting for a lvl up because I know I will die faster than on the 2nd, the latter took me 5 tries to actually get my ascendacy points) & I have 3,9k HP. Or coudl you point me to some videos that explain a few things?

Anyway still loving this build :)
"
Dealish_Teppes a écrit :
Hey :)

I am trying Vaal Double Strike and it's doing great, just kinda still testing the support gems. Anyway I have a question, I'm still dying fairly easy on t3 yellow maps (MAINLY due to the 3x syndicate member spawning in on me), could you point me to right direction? Because i know I am doing something wrong, just I am not good enough to catch it d; Anyway on T4 maps I mainly survive but still there are some situations (i.e. on ice maps) that I'm killed in few seconds even with all my buffs and flasks started. And yes, I did not yet do the 3rd lab (waiting for a lvl up because I know I will die faster than on the 2nd, the latter took me 5 tries to actually get my ascendacy points) & I have 3,9k HP. Or coudl you point me to some videos that explain a few things?

Anyway still loving this build :)

T3 Yellow, you mean T3 Rare Maps? (T6-10 are called Yellow Maps, because the map icon is yellow, T1-5 are white and T11-15 are red)

A general thing I could point you to, if you do not have done so already:
You need to have 2 things on easy and quick to access buttons:
(Instant) Health Potion and Movement Skill. (Another really good quick button would be a bleed removal flask)
I think it should speak for itself, but if not, ask again :)

Another thing you can look out for is the mods on the map you run.
Damage Mods can easily turn easy monsters into one hit killers. Reduced Regeneration is always a hassle, as well as temporal chains curse.
There are so many map mods, that can get really brutal, especially if you combine them with other mods. You should figure out what mods you can and can't really play around. (e.g. Elemental Weakness can be deadly if you do not have overcapped resistances. If you have too much resistances on the other hand Elemental Weakness is not even something you'll notice)
You don't really need to play "Alch & Go" (meaning just using an alchemy orb on the map and then without consideration put it into your map device)
If you think you die too often, you can always try to do the maps less dangerous, for example blue (magic) instead of yellow (rare).
It's somewhat less rewarding, but also less deadly in general.

In combat situations you should probably stop walking normally and instead try to use your movement skill instead, at least if the encounter is at least somewhat dangerous. (the attack speed should be fast enough)
If the enemy has extreme damage spikes, you should not stay at one spot for long and be constantly on the move.

I have not tried this build in Betrayal, but I could at least try to give some tips for Interventions:
If you see the portal open, dash away immediately. Try to get 1 or 2 hits on a member and dash away again. You can always try to let them bleed out instead of trying to take them head on.
Don't get impatient. Even if the fight might take a while.

Your HP should be ok at the moment.

As for videos... well... I don't really watch PoE Videos, so I can't help you much there. You would probably need a video about general mapping tips, which I don't know any.
In general people call "Engineering Eternity"'s Videos a good thing, so you can try them out, although, as stated, I don't know how much that would help you.
Thanks for the awesome guide and great build, might not be the current meta but us a wonderful league starter.
Hey, just wanna let you know your build looks great! I'm going to be using it for this league. I have one question though. Which currencies should I be using and not using throughout the acts and out? Sorry if it's too specific.
Dernière édition par gravela8b, le 10 mars 2019 04:45:35

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires