On Balance Feedback and Charge Changes

"
shinigamiscall a écrit :
"
Nephalim a écrit :
I find it remarkable changes to charges and ailments would cause such a unified protest from the community but the 2.6 aoe changes which once and for all made sure melee and some spell builds would never be able to compete in end game clear speed scenarios.

How has the community turned a blind eye to far worse offenses but will take arms against something arguably far less damaging to build diversity?

This thread is proof that GGG will listen to community but only if there is unified disapproval and their income is at stake.

The community didn't just "turn a blind eye to it". We just accepted it because we know we can't do anything to change it.

This thread is clearly proof that is not the case. GGG will listen if there is unified disapproval.
It looks like most of the player base was playing projectile rather than aoe builds and did not give a shit if the players that did play aoe got butchered over night.

The player base has forgotten GGG makes the game for them and is paid by them.

"
Wilde79 a écrit :
"
There's a common misconception in the community that our balance team doesn't play Path of Exile.

No there is not, there is just a small bunch of noisy idiots who don't even read about the changes, they just see a topic on reddit or on forums and start posting sh*it.

I bet the majority us think you are doing a good job, and we actually have the patience to wait until all the changes are in place.

It really pisses me off that you have to post things like this because people are such *****.

I love the game, and I love what you are doing with it, and I believe everyone in your team is talented as hell.

And I'll keep putting my money where my mouth is in the future as well.

-- Wilde

"
lagwin1980 a écrit :
"
Chris a écrit :
There's a common misconception in the community that our balance team doesn't play Path of Exile. They actually do play it, a whole lot. We have people with level 100 hardcore characters, multiple famous community members who have come to work for us and you may not even know it. The minimum requirement to join our QA team is 1000 hours of PoE experience, and we still turn people with that prerequisite away if they're not good enough at the game. Our design, balance and QA team are experts at Path of Exile. I would not accept any less. They put substantial work into each change, planning out not only what it affects now, but what it affects in the future. These changes are all considered in the big picture of the other planned changes.

Thank you for your time, support and occasional overreactions. We expect nothing less <3

you shouldn't apologize to the vocal knee jerk portion of the community, nerf what you need to if it makes the game over all better, those vocal about it will get over it once people smarter than them come up with the next meta must build.

This is party of the reason why GGG has been allowed to implement so many poor balance choices. A small subset of players willing to accept any change coming their way and pray GGG knows best and a larger subset of players who feel their voice does not matter.

What was the goal of 3.0? To slow down the clear speed meta? To bring about build diversity by nerfing the strongest builds? Where do these changes to aoe, ailment duration, charges fit in that picture?
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
Dernière édition par Nephalim, le 28 juil. 2017 12:48:35
"
Dukajarim a écrit :
It would be very useful to hear your explanation of why certain builds or items have been damaged (or improved too much) by the [power/frenzy charges] change, with specifics and explanations.

Certain items have been negatively affected. Hegemony's Era provides a way for melee staff builds, a criminially neglected subset of melee builds, to generate power charges on knockback, which can be on any crit with the Blunt Trauma notable. These builds lost crit chance going into 3.0 anyways with the bandits change, but will lose at least another 80% crit chance (3 base charges, 1 from staff). I don't think Hegemony's Era, nor the build it supports, is too strong or dominating the meta.

Surgebinders, already a very niche item, are pushed further into obscurity. This item saw very little play to begin with and now with Frenzy charges providing less benefit to casters it's further pushed aside. Specifically, with double dipping gone and frenzy charges not providing a more multiplier, the main reason to equip them is gone.

Tinkerskin, an item you just teased as a way to generate Frenzy charges for Trappers, loses a lot of allure when you'd have to be a attack-based trapper (a niche within already niche trapping) to benefit from it. The unique has other problems already, like the life/ES recovery not being terribly high and hinging on traps being triggered, so losing an edge on already flawed item makes it much less exciting of a prospect to build around.

Victario's Acuity was a decent, if niche, amulet that was only used by builds that needed projectile speed. Due to the more multiplier from Frenzy being split to Spells on Power and Attacks on Frenzy, the more multiplier effectively stays the same if you could kill fast enough to generate both charges, so it just loses 20% crit chance per power charge. Unneeded nerf.

There are others that are negatively affected like Tulfall, The Red Trail, Essence of Horror weapon crafts, etc. that were bad before, and will now be even more garbage now that Frenzy/Power charges are less globally useful.

The one item that might possibly become too good (unlikely) is The Aylardex for noncrit builds, which now would provide powerful defensive bonuses along with the 4% more spell damage multiplier. This is unlikely to break the game, just raise the cap on how high you can bring your mana:life ratio in MoM builds. Considering this item saw almost no use previously, this is very minor.

Builds that have been negatively affected by these changes are ones that have easy access to Frenzy or Power Charges but don't do an overbearing amount of damage even with them. Caustic Arrow and Explosive Arrow both don't have fantastic ways to scale their base damage, but can easily find the time to occasionally shoot a GMP+Frenzy to stay capped on frenzy charges. Losing at least 16% of their damage (because even the new more spell damage from Power charges doesn't apply to their damage sources) from 4 base frenzy charges in 2.6 is a big blow to builds that aren't so hot to begin with.

DoT ailment builds lost the 4% more damage on frenzy charges, which is not made up by either of the new Power/Frenzy charge bonuses. DoT ailment builds are not in a great place in 3.0, with nerfs raining down every single beta patch. This is further accentuated by the one ascendancy that could make one DoT ailment work, Assassin with Poison, getting heavy nerfs from multiple sources at the same time. The power charge changes to crit nerfs Assassin as well, where spellcasters are certainly going to migrate to different ascendancies now (Inquisitor, Trickster, Elementalist, Berserker, etc.)

On the topic of nerfing Assassin being too easy to crit cap, it's really the only thing the ascendancy had going for it along with Poison (also being heavily nerfed). Inquisitor enjoys relatively easy crit capping and doesn't rely as much on Power Charges, while mostly using spells, and still having some minor (or major if you can get your hands on a Gifts from Above) defensive bonuses. What is the Assassin meant to be good at if he can't focus on high, reliable crit damage w/ a side or focus on poison? That's all he had going for him in 2.6.

I can answer this in a short few lines:
It's GGG being GGG. They nerf a wide area to hit "OP builds" but kill niche builds at the same time. Always have. Always will.
I almost never post in these forums but I these changes really do feel rushed. There are so many items, class, tree, interactions that remained unchanged which feels like a real disconnect to what GGG is trying to test in this beta.

I don't mind change... this is the reason why I love POE since the beta as it constantly changes. We as a player need to adapt and change the way to play the game. The thing I wouldn't be happy about is half baked implementation of great ideas as it can ruin the entire player experience and may turn new players off the game. These changes may be warranted and are getting rush for the 3.0 release as it would be harder to changed them after the actual game comes out... To be honest, I'm sure people will be happier to see 3.0 as a change in content and have 3.1 be a mechanic balance changes.

I wish GGG luck... you got 1 week left.
Keep up the good work GGG devs, it's appreciated!

The reason why people go crazy on limited info is because they love the game that much. Comes with the territory when you are making a classic <3
IGN: EMIRINE
First of all I didnt have time to play the beta so I haven't tried any of the changes that are coming with 3.0 expansion. Iam not a super skilled Poe player but I have played the game for around 3000 hours.

My understanding is that some people there at GGG are working to make the game better for the company and for the community as well, so I am not so sure why i shouldnt trust their efforts. Mistakes and bad balance are part of most games but i think these people have gained my trust and if they players feel the game is too hard or unplayable or without build diversity they will try to improve it.

In terms of gameplay I found that poe require time investment to really understand the game but I enjoyed playing it from the first hour till now. Even when i had no good gear and good knowledge the gameplay was pleasant. But my understanding is that it depends on what someone seeks to get from PoE.

I personally loved the item system and the unique items. Other might enjoy the lore and others the trading... In terms of powerful builds and build diversity i think the game is in a good condition right now but again I trust that these guys will make a good work...

It also depends on people's way of thinking but my understanding is that if GGG had announced that we are changing Vinktar to it legacy OP version everyone would have been hyped which i really dont get. Game should be challenging and rewarding and i think that many builds right now can do all content.

Sorry for the long text but I need someone to explain me why i shouldnt trust the people who are actually working for the best of the game..
If you need to deal 50% of a monsters health with pure lightning damage in order to get a 50% shock, why do you even need the 50% shock to begin with?

If you deal 50% life in 1 hit, the monster will die in the next hit. The 50% shock becomes irrelevant.

GGG needs more maths.
Never underestimate what the mod community can do for PoE if you sell an offline client.
delete this
Dernière édition par nil4t, le 28 juil. 2017 19:29:50
Here's an idea I had for charges. Prevents RF/DD/Poison Spells/Secondary Damage from taking the hits they would currently. Also splits charge identity but makes it so you build different ways for different charges, or take both. But they don't stack directly.

Power Charge

* 3% more Damage with Critical Strikes
* 30% increased Critical Strike chance

Frenzy Charge

* 4% increased Attack and Cast speed
* 4% more Damage with Non-Critical Strikes
* 4% more Damage Over Time
While I understand your intention behind Charge changes, if you are not gonna change some uniques (tullfall for example, increased cold damage per frenzy charges LOL) then you are outright trashing them.
That and you better give Discharge specific bonuses for each type of charge, I know it was a minor build, but some did like to try single-element discharge.There's probably more stuff like ascendancies, tree nodes, etc.
I dont mind the charge changes, just dont forget everything that you are affecting with it. You cant just mention it as a sidenote.
Oblivious
Dernière édition par Disrupted, le 28 juil. 2017 13:00:40
"
nil4t a écrit :
Ignore the whiners! Changes like this keep the game fresh and keeps me coming back to it.

That's why you've only ever completed 12 challenges? Yup, you really are one of those hardcore players that has a deep understanding of the game.

But you're right "Everyone I don't agree with is just a whiner despite literally pages of data, logic, reasoning with extensive math. I am the only one who knows anything, and am so obviously right I don't even need to make a sentence long argument" Sound about right?

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires