On Balance Feedback and Charge Changes

please change flicker strike so if you name lock, it stays on that target. even with linked multistrike
"
Chris a écrit :

We recently made these charge changes in the beta, and received an immediate negative reaction from a vocal portion of the community.

We make this game for you guys, so if you don't want the change, we aren't going to force it in purely to solve long-term problems.

I would just like to comment on those 2 things.

The first happens because of players cracking your game and spreading false information's based on whatever they find. What happened to the mentioning of changing the TOS months ago on reddit after those breach/prophecy exploits. You could make a very clean stance against all sorts of players abusing your product.

Second one you make this game because you enjoy doing and you make a decent amount of money with it. In the end it's a business at this point.

For the actual changes i don't care, you need to do what you have to do and you have the bigger picture of the game development cycle. A shift towards strong unique items/mechanics wouldn't be a bad thing in my eyes.

Dernière édition par Lothrik, le 25 mai 2018 23:35:44
The problem with the constant nerfs, especially in regard to charges, is that it's aimed at the top end builds but affecting every other build on the way.

While you are attempting to bring the top end-build in line with everyone else, the way you're going about the nerfs and bringing everyone down a few steps.

Here is a shitty paint drawing that I did quickly, where area represents the build diversity:

You had quite a few broken builds before, but you probably had the best diversity of skills that could clear T15 and a few bosses. With the constant nerfs, you're basically pigeonholing everyone, not just at the top end, but in the mid-end as well, and it's leaving so many builds that just don't scale well or at all in the end-game, because you keep removing mechanics.

Yes, frenzy charge was an issue to top end builds that could afford them on top of everything else, but now every mid-tier build that used frenzy charges and still managed to get to t12-t15 gets fucked.

tl;dr; your nerfs to top end is having massive collateral damage on lower end builds, in your goal to increase build diversity, you're decreasing it.
Frankly, none of the changes affect me or my builds. I never liked the idea of power/frenzy/endurance charges so i don't use them. The chill/shock change however does. I know what you guys are trying to do with it, so im fine with the changes.

The fact that they responded so quickly to the community uproar over these changes, and the fact that they even considered changing it based off that feedback, speaks VOLUMES for this gaming company. Its a rare thing in this money hungry gaming environment we live in to have a company make a game for the players, and not their wallets.

Bravo guys, you have my support!

PS (loved beta!)
F*ck your longterm plan, theses changes are shit, and will always be shit, and will always narrow down possibilities!!

Don't you see, whenever you simplify mechanics, the "pro" players get bored, and the "pro" players are the ones who animate the masses!

In the past 1.5 years you killed so so so many builds, i am so sad, I loved this game :8

Heartbound loop, gone

Wormblaster, gone

CoC, gone (now even worse then 2.6)

Burning Discharge

AoE changes

Support gem choices are more boring then ever, because the calculation is boring, you cannot combine stuff anymore, there is only 1 damage % increase type per mechanic working, its the most dull shit ever. FUCK THE ENTIRE 3.0 CHANGES !!!

Soso much fun and diversity gone !!

Don't you see, whenever you simplify mechanics, the "pro" players get bored, and the "pro" players are the ones who animate the masses!
"
Mobsy a écrit :
I guess people can go play D3 instead of PoE since you're turning into the obedient sheep in the herd, like all other games out there...
Path of exile was all about the crazy stuff and fun...
Not a pidgeonhole - for what was a pretty awesome game ... at least for a while.
Slippery slope GGG... you might enjoy a 3.0 launch that will resemble D3 launch, a deserted game very soon...
Sad changes overall.

If you think that this change is bad then maybe you should? Sometimes changes like this are needed. Right now pretty much every build on right side of the tree takes frenzy charges if it's possible to include frenzy generator in build. The way they changed it power charges now have more uses (with the added bonus of not giving so much crit), while frenzy charges have less uses. Overall it's a good change. Also it never made much sense that frenzy increases damage from spells.
With regards to the Frenzy Charge change, I would like to bring up traps. There is even a node that grands frenzy charges when traps are triggered. With the current change, frenzy charges would only apply to maybe 1 trap, though very likely they would not have any effect on any traps.
IGN: Noshei or Silvannn
I guess you guys that founded GGG are rich now so you can afford the gamble to make the game less diverse and more streamlined and pigeonholed, making it easy so people on xbox can pick it up easily. A "get richer fast" scheme and if it fails, you guys made enough already?
Dumbest fucking changes I've ever seen regarding shock/chill and power/frenzy charges.

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires