[3.11] Shaper = Stunned, Tidebreaker Heavy Strike Stunner Build

Really loving all the creative ideas to push this build to it's limits. Finally got enough currency to afford a tidebreaker so I'll finally push into higher tier red maps. I'll record some footage soon when I go after some more difficult content. I really don't mind clearing with heavy strike but I'll give flicker a try.

Edit : Tidebreaker dropped in price significantly, going to be able to get some really sick upgrades with all that saved currency.

Double Edit : Flicker kinda sucks for non crit slayer compared to just leap slamming around. 5 link warchief really helps keep bosses stunned even while i smack em a few times with frenzy to keep my charges and fortify up. Quite enjoying the build without Kaoms it really gives you more options.
Dernière édition par Lenaric, le 23 mars 2018 15:09:20
Can you tell me why you take "Fortitude" rather than "First to Strike, Last to fall" as champion? With a blasphemy+ BM+ curse then potion you got 20 sec boost for bosses. Or is it really needed for sruvivability ?
"
bisore a écrit :
Can you tell me why you take "Fortitude" rather than "First to Strike, Last to fall" as champion? With a blasphemy+ BM+ curse then potion you got 20 sec boost for bosses. Or is it really needed for sruvivability ?

In my opinion it’s only mandatory to pick the taunt notable, which is the right side branch. The permanent fortify is good, adrenaline also isn’t bad; its a decision to be made.

If you will be using flicker to clear, it will be pretty difficult to keep Fortify up, and it’s a huge loss of survivability. If not, then permanent fortify is pretty useless.

If you’re looking at the Starforge variant, it’s also worth noting that this version is a bit rippy. Having fortify up 100% of the time helps quite a bit. This version also has a pretty insane DPS - we will kill fast enough that it will be a waste of time to actually use the blood magic trick to trigger adrenaline.

"
brightwaha a écrit :

In my opinion it’s only mandatory to pick the taunt notable, which is the right side branch. The permanent fortify is good, adrenaline also isn’t bad; its a decision to be made.

If you will be using flicker to clear, it will be pretty difficult to keep Fortify up, and it’s a huge loss of survivability. If not, then permanent fortify is pretty useless.

If you’re looking at the Starforge variant, it’s also worth noting that this version is a bit rippy. Having fortify up 100% of the time helps quite a bit. This version also has a pretty insane DPS - we will kill fast enough that it will be a waste of time to actually use the blood magic trick to trigger adrenaline.

I was kinda interested in the crit version, that is why I asked. So it seems starforge has an insane dps and doesn't need that adrenaline. Gonna try it on my own, but thanks for the reply ! I'm so happy to play the stun build, because I'm not a fast player and I just want to do the challenges so I think it will be worth it !

Thanks a lot guys !
Hey all stun locking addicts!

I wanted to update you regarding the crit version after spending some time with it!

Here is my current pastebin: https://pastebin.com/MPgatkyE
(please note that the number 4 million u see is not 100% accurate as shock is not calculated correctly in path of building and you need some hits to apply shock,but you get the idea of DPS output)

I found that i can do every bit of the game except uber elder,this build is not made for that fight.

The damage output is crazy and the stun is more than enough to nuke the boss while still stunned.
For the bosses that are stun immune i swap stun with multistrike and melt them away.

Vaal haste is used on bosses and shaper as well it is very useful.

I did not include arctic armor because it only works while standing and when u are still u stun everything so not needed for me,haste did a good work replacing that but its up to you.

I did include vengence for some random counterhits -not needed- can be replaced with CWDT combo i just liked it.

at lvl 92 we can skip the 1 crit multi node to swap from passives to alira or oak after lvl92 i believe passives are more useful.

regarding mapping i found cyclone to be the safest of all with the lowest random deaths ( did include Ecoms in the 6link setup so i run with 3 charges of everything all the time) it goes very smooth and i love it.

Mana leech and Life leech is mandatory either on rings/amu or jewels.

Abyssus can be replaced with starkoja if needed while mapping even on bosses if someone feels much threatened but in my opinion the bosses evaporate so no need to swap it - only while mapping with hard modes might be useful but int investment will be needed (or simply get a rare helm)

I found multistrike link with frenzy/power charge/ power charge on crit to be a charm as i go full charges almost instant.

Blood rage is an option but with this life regen even with the pantheon we degen life and i found loosing dps while i was not on full life very often sth i did not like at all so i removed it (want to test if this will change if i swap to oak,if it does then it will be awesome)A good option is to link CWDT - Phase run - Blood rage so u get that 30% more dps increase for 0.2 secs every time CWDT procs plus the pantheon life regen as it will renew the bloodrage, for mapping this will be quite useful.

After many shaper/guardian/elder maps i have to say that i die more often while mapping than in bosses(if i mess up sth) So a safer method would be to change abyssus while mapping and u can maintain the exp for leveling - dont have time to lvl up so i wont be doing that.

Overall i found this variant to be an excellent bosskiller and i think this is its specialty nothing else. If someone loves to evaporate bosses safely he will love it.

Similar results can be achieved without spending a fortune on Starforge i did kill shaper with terminus as well(had 6 link on belly).

Again I would like to thank OP brightwaha for his in depth guide and his lovely build that gave us an awesome time in the game these last 2 leagues inspiring us to tweak the main idea to whatever we feel more comfortable with.
Always polite,fast and accurate to all our questions!
"
Cloud_69 a écrit :
Spoiler

I wanted to update you regarding the crit version after spending some time with it!

(please note that the number 4 million u see is not 100% accurate as shock is not calculated correctly in path of building and you need some hits to apply shock,but you get the idea of DPS output)

I found that i can do every bit of the game except uber elder,this build is not made for that fight.

The damage output is crazy and the stun is more than enough to nuke the boss while still stunned.
For the bosses that are stun immune i swap stun with multistrike and melt them away.

I did not include arctic armor because it only works while standing and when u are still u stun everything so not needed for me,haste did a good work replacing that but its up to you.

I did include vengence for some random counterhits -not needed- can be replaced with CWDT combo i just liked it.

at lvl 92 we can skip the 1 crit multi node to swap from passives to alira or oak after lvl92 i believe passives are more useful.

regarding mapping i found cyclone to be the safest of all with the lowest random deaths ( did include Ecoms in the 6link setup so i run with 3 charges of everything all the time) it goes very smooth and i love it.

Abyssus can be replaced with starkoja if needed while mapping even on bosses if someone feels much threatened but in my opinion the bosses evaporate so no need to swap it - only while mapping with hard modes might be useful but int investment will be needed (or simply get a rare helm)

I found multistrike link with frenzy/power charge/ power charge on crit to be a charm as i go full charges almost instant.

Blood rage is an option but with this life regen even with the pantheon we degen life and i found loosing dps while i was not on full life very often sth i did not like at all so i removed it (want to test if this will change if i swap to oak,if it does then it will be awesome)A good option is to link CWDT - Phase run - Blood rage so u get that 30% more dps increase for 0.2 secs every time CWDT procs plus the pantheon life regen as it will renew the bloodrage, for mapping this will be quite useful.

After many shaper/guardian/elder maps i have to say that i die more often while mapping than in bosses(if i mess up sth) So a safer method would be to change abyssus while mapping and u can maintain the exp for leveling - dont have time to lvl up so i wont be doing that.

Overall i found this variant to be an excellent bosskiller and i think this is its specialty nothing else. If someone loves to evaporate bosses safely he will love it.

Similar results can be achieved without spending a fortune on Starforge i did kill shaper with terminus as well(had 6 link on belly).

Again I would like to thank OP brightwaha for his in depth guide and his lovely build that gave us an awesome time in the game these last 2 leagues inspiring us to tweak the main idea to whatever we feel more comfortable with.

I’m traveling and don’t have a chance to take a deeper look at your changes for now, but will do so later.

I do want to make a few comments:

1. Blood Rage is the only source of frenzy charges, so losing Blood Rage is a huge cut to our damage and mobility. I don’t see it being a good idea to not run Blood Rage.

2. Bandit choices like Oak seems pretty bad for this crust version; crust builds usually rave edit heavily from additional passive points due to excellent returns of additional crust passive nodes. So I doubt if it’s a good idea to not pick the 2 passive points for Oak.

3. As you also stated, Phase Run only offers 0.2 seconds of damage bonus. This is in most scenarios not going to help at all. Losing the frenzy charges can be pretty bad tbh. I feel if you really feel you have more sockets than you need, you should consider Kaom’s Heart. Vengeance is also pretty useless, as you have also stated.

4. Uber Elder is a very poorly designed boss and this build and the idea of stunning doesn’t fit this fight at all. It requires much more survival than any other content - and that’s why most people play RF to do this fight.

GGG has been doing a very bad job recently at their balancing designs. Removing spell oriented Berserker, overbuffing totem Hierophant, putting CI into oblivion, designing 3 aura mod Watcher’s Eye jewels that are completely insanely and pricey, letting one hand statsticks dominate the meta; their idea of letting insane uniques remain overpowered but rare just heavily limits build variance - good high end builds all use these chase items, budget builds have to avoid these. Same story with Uber Elder, this fight is almost just RF and minion build exclusive.

Ok, that might have been too long of a rant. Back to the topic, those are some points I want to make for now, I will take a deeper look later and maybe I will then have some other comments to make.
"
brightwaha a écrit :
"
Cloud_69 a écrit :
Spoiler

I’m traveling and don’t have a chance to take a deeper look at your changes for now, but will do so later.

I do want to make a few comments:

1. Blood Rage is the only source of frenzy charges, so losing Blood Rage is a huge cut to our damage and mobility. I don’t see it being a good idea to not run Blood Rage.

2. Bandit choices like Oak seems pretty bad for this crust version; crust builds usually rave edit heavily from additional passive points due to excellent returns of additional crust passive nodes. So I doubt if it’s a good idea to not pick the 2 passive points for Oak.

3. As you also stated, Phase Run only offers 0.2 seconds of damage bonus. This is in most scenarios not going to help at all. Losing the frenzy charges can be pretty bad tbh. I feel if you really feel you have more sockets than you need, you should consider Kaom’s Heart. Vengeance is also pretty useless, as you have also stated.

4. Uber Elder is a very poorly designed boss and this build and the idea of stunning doesn’t fit this fight at all. It requires much more survival than any other content - and that’s why most people play RF to do this fight.

GGG has been doing a very bad job recently at their balancing designs. Removing spell oriented Berserker, overbuffing totem Hierophant, putting CI into oblivion, designing 3 aura mod Watcher’s Eye jewels that are completely insanely and pricey, letting one hand statsticks dominate the meta; their idea of letting insane uniques remain overpowered but rare just heavily limits build variance - good high end builds all use these chase items, budget builds have to avoid these. Same story with Uber Elder, this fight is almost just RF and minion build exclusive.

Ok, that might have been too long of a rant. Back to the topic, those are some points I want to make for now, I will take a deeper look later and maybe I will then have some other comments to make.

Frenzy generation comes from terminus u always have 3 frenzy/power/endurance charges like this.
On bosses u generate frenzy/power charges almost instantly with the multistrike link.
Atm having 1 more passive will not benefit as there are no notable passives to take at the current 91 lvl tree that will boost more that removing the 15% crit multi and take it back via alira lets say,u can take 15% to all res as well with her along with the crit multi and which will help min max some of your items.

Vengence yes i had 1 slot available only with the setup i choose so i think it was the only fit for me as i dont use blood rage,its usefull while cycloning in maps some extra random hits that stun the packs almost useless but did not find anything else that could benefit me more in 1 slot.

Edit: I did test to swap to oak for the 1% life regen and with soul of tukohama works if stationary you maintain full hp so ill be using oak and blood rage instead of passives and vengence.

I ll be waiting for you to check it and have your comments! have a nice trip m8
Dernière édition par Cloud_69, le 29 mars 2018 09:50:30
"
Cloud_69 a écrit :
Frenzy generation comes from terminus u always have 3 frenzy/power/endurance charges like this.
On bosses u generate frenzy/power charges almost instantly with the multistrike link.
Atm having 1 more passive will not benefit as there are no notable passives to take at the current 91 lvl tree that will boost more that removing the 15% crit multi and take it back via alira lets say,u can take 15% to all res as well with her along with the crit multi and which will help min max some of your items.

Vengence yes i had 1 slot available only with the setup i choose so i think it was the only fit for me as i dont use blood rage,its usefull while cycloning in maps some extra random hits that stun the packs almost useless but did not find anything else that could benefit me more in 1 slot.

Edit: I did test to swap to oak for the 1% life regen and with soul of tukohama works if stationary you maintain full hp so ill be using oak and blood rage instead of passives and vengence.

I ll be waiting for you to check it and have your comments! have a nice trip m8

Finished travelling and here are some thoughts:

I would say linking Faster Attacks to Leap Slam helps more than a 1-link Vengeance; linking increased Area of Effect Support on Cyclone 6-link also seems like a good choice to me. For the passive tree,
I think picking the whole Scion life wheel can be a good idea. 6.1k life with Abyssus isn't really enough for most content.

I believe you have also noticed that extra offense doesn't really help much at the current stage, and there are a couple things that are more important: mobility and survival, so basically life and attack speed. Attack speed is crucial to our mobility, map clearing performance as well as stun capability. I think another topic to bring up is crit chance. It also significantly affects stun reliability and it helps clear speed (much less chance of getting no crits when diamond flask is not in effect).

As for PoB pastebin, there are several settings to change. 1. Vaal Haste should be unselected; 2. selecting Shock is very debatable but alright; 3. "Have you crit recently" should be selected to disable your current boots enchant (I am not sure why're you using this enchant, this is only good for PoB DPS number); 4. Better use all 20/20 gems but it's alright.

As GGG has been raising builds' power levels over the previous patches, I feel this build no longer needs to try so hard to be able to stun Shaper and Guardians. This brings the question that "why would I need that much DPS / stun capability?" This is why I said mobility and survival are more important. With the original Tidebreaker build, I am also planning to find ways to achieve a much better map clearing experience rather than over investing into stunning.
I know this might sound dumb, but late one night I had the idea that this build might work for a Raider.
The tree would be a bit more awkward because of the distance between the ranger start and the relevant nodes, but Onslaught and Frenzy charges might boost your damage and especially your attack speed to the point where it would be worthwhile. Do you think I should give it a shot, and how would you go about doing it?
"
nidhogg101 a écrit :
I know this might sound dumb, but late one night I had the idea that this build might work for a Raider.
The tree would be a bit more awkward because of the distance between the ranger start and the relevant nodes, but Onslaught and Frenzy charges might boost your damage and especially your attack speed to the point where it would be worthwhile. Do you think I should give it a shot, and how would you go about doing it?

There are several reasons making Raider a less appealing choice:

1. Passive tree pathing (as you have mentioned). It is not efficient to travel from the Ranger side to the Marauder side for the mace nodes.

2. Low power level. Raider is not good when it comes to DPS. The double effect Onslaught is good; the frenzy branch is very mediocre as this build doesn't have many frenzy charges. A big reason to play Raider is for the mobility, but I strongly doubt if it's worth it to sacrifice so much DPS. (Also the Berserker or Scion versions have good mobility as well.)

3. Stunning relies on high damage per hit while Raider offers mostly just attack speed. This means that Raider will have lower stun capability, which may be very problematic as we rely pretty heavily on stunning enemies.

Overall, I think Berserker, Slayer, Champion and Scion are going to have better performances than Raider. If you're thinking about a different build variant maybe with a different weapon, it is possible that Raider can be a good choice (for the clear speed). However, if you're thinking about a crit variant, Champion is just way better than any other choices.

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires