[3.11] Shaper = Stunned, Tidebreaker Heavy Strike Stunner Build

"
Lenaric a écrit :
What about Perseverance Belt? Thoughts on it? I was thinking of going for it over a Studded Belt

It's a good choice for mapping but it greatly limits stun capability. It would be a good choice if you have a rare belt as well - a rare belt with cold resistance. I am saying so because you will definitely want a rare belt against some end game bosses, and you don't want to have resistance problems after switching.
You can link endu charge on melee stun to leap slam. It's enought to keep endurance charges up.
Thanks, I'll definatly get a belt swap setup then.

:D
Dernière édition par Lenaric, le 7 mars 2018 19:54:54
Currently trying something new on a diff build idea, but Juggernaut can be used as a crit variant for this build. Will have to test it out to make a better judgement. And can someone explain the ECoMS? What is that and why its buff has driven prices up? As for levelling maces Brain Rattler is better and relatively easier to use than Kongor's
How do certain mods and party members affect stun chance?

- Mob HP increases for each party member.
- Map mods like Enfeeble and such kinda kill us in high-end maps at boss fights right?
- After flasks are empty, stunning bosses would be quite a lot harder right?

I can't stun quite a lot of T14+ rare corrupted map bosses. Up to T13 they can mostly be stunned but I have problems with T14+.
"
BeoWulf981 a écrit :
Currently trying something new on a diff build idea, but Juggernaut can be used as a crit variant for this build. Will have to test it out to make a better judgement. And can someone explain the ECoMS? What is that and why its buff has driven prices up? As for levelling maces Brain Rattler is better and relatively easier to use than Kongor's

Jugg can be used as a crit variant, but I am not confident that it will work well; I think a crit version with Champion may be better. Jugg's Unflinching and Unyielding are just 4 ascendancy points for 1 endurance charges and some stun duration - which is just bad in my opinion. Undeniable is what makes crit Jugg viable, but it's just strictly worse than Champion's taunt (with 100% chance to hit). Overall, a crit version definitely requires much higher end gears to work, and we will have to make a lot of sacrifices to life, attack speed and resistances in order to get crit chances and crit multiplier. In the end, I worry that it may end up having bad defense (not enough life nodes and Abyssus), trouble capping resists, low attack speed (everything feels clunky) and mediocre DPS (hard to build crit on a 5% crit chance weapon with no crit mace wheel).

ECoMS is the gem Endurance Charge on Melee Stun Support that Tidebreaker offers. It has been buffed so that we get 3% more damage per endurance charge (with 6 endurance charges it's 18% more damage). This buff made Tidebreaker receive more attention than it originally had.
"
silverdash a écrit :
How do certain mods and party members affect stun chance?

- Mob HP increases for each party member.
- Map mods like Enfeeble and such kinda kill us in high-end maps at boss fights right?
- After flasks are empty, stunning bosses would be quite a lot harder right?

I can't stun quite a lot of T14+ rare corrupted map bosses. Up to T13 they can mostly be stunned but I have problems with T14+.

Mob HP increase for each party member does not affect stun chances.

Enfeeble, physical damage reduction and mobs have more life mods, etc. will affect our stun chances, but won't really matter if you have the correct setup and good gears. Shaper has 20 million life and this build can stun-lock him just fine; t15 bosses have 3 million - we can certainly stun-lock them even if there's a combination of bad map mods.

Without flasks, it is a bit harder to stun bosses, but besides the Uber Elder fight that I have not had a chance to experience, there are not any fights that last longer than our flask duration while not spawning trash mobs for flask recharge.
Hoping you can give me some advice. I'm having difficulty with being oneshot/dying a lot to bosses, Izaro literately oneshots me with his leap in Merc lab.
I'm playing your Ascendant variant, Managed to pick up a Tidebreaker for 99c, but it litterally broke the bank. got about 4c to spend fixing...
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/DeathSabre/characters

Do i just need to grind out more levels? or is my passive tree order totaly wack. got about 5 free respecs left. but i could pick up/afford a few more if needed.
Or is there some massive hole in my gear that i'm just not spotting.

Thanks in advance for any help/advise.
"
DeathSabre a écrit :
Hoping you can give me some advice. I'm having difficulty with being oneshot/dying a lot to bosses, Izaro literately oneshots me with his leap in Merc lab.
I'm playing your Ascendant variant, Managed to pick up a Tidebreaker for 99c, but it litterally broke the bank. got about 4c to spend fixing...
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/DeathSabre/characters

Do i just need to grind out more levels? or is my passive tree order totaly wack. got about 5 free respecs left. but i could pick up/afford a few more if needed.
Or is there some massive hole in my gear that i'm just not spotting.

Thanks in advance for any help/advise.

I think the major problem here is that your rares are pretty bad... I think those are your own loots and quest rewards while leveling, right? At least you have your resists capped, that's good.

There are some problems with the passive tree, not too problematic but I will spot them out: 1. you should connect to Duelist only after picking Path of the Duelist, and refund the unnecessary nodes near Scion start immediately; 2. you're picking jewel sockets a bit too early (look at how bad your jewels are...), it's usually better if you pick up the life nodes near Templar start instead. Because you don't have many refund points left I think you should keep those refund points and just level up a bit.

You will get a lot more hp when you eventually get a Kaom's Heart, but I think that's pretty distant - you need to upgrade your other item pieces first. (Like, why are you using a Cleave threshold jewel...)

I am not sure why you died to Merciless Izaro with 4100 life and 3800 armour, but maybe multiple attacks got stacked over there. Anyway, things will get better after you gradually pick up more life nodes and items. Only level 71 right now and even some 1 chaos rares can be upgrades to your current ones.

Also, keep in mind that better offense also means better defense for us (stunning, and enemies die faster). Rolling a 5-link on your Tidebreaker can also be a significant boost to this build's performance.
Dernière édition par brightwaha, le 9 mars 2018 02:36:04
Thanks for the feedback. I know my jewels are bad. (Jewels are still pretty expensive and hard to find) The cleave jewel is self-found and i'm using it for the phys till i swap to heavy strike.

I'll try refund some of those duelist starter nodes and grab more life nodes with them if i can.
I don't have the fusings to try 5-link. but its on my list of things to do.

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires