[3.11] Shaper = Stunned, Tidebreaker Heavy Strike Stunner Build

"
Xaithai a écrit :
Yeah, that might be the best thing. Guess I was just being stubborn about this for no good reason lol

Shaper 2 handed maces can roll 30% reduces enemy stun duration (check may char. Also, I think 45% is possible too). So far I am stunning all bosses (atleast I think I am, cant recall a non stun situation).

I am getting into red maps mainly now, and so far all bosses get stun with the mace Im using. I do, however, question if it can compete with Tidebreaker. I hope I wont run into issues on my way to shaper. Am hoping to get my first kill this awesome, awesome league, with this awesome, awesome build.
Dernière édition par H3avyM3tal, le 26 juin 2019 16:09:42
Hey bright, dope build.
Running 2 6L Belly and Tidebreaker with Slayer tree. Funny Story after being 3 ex down on 6L Tidebreaker, spent 2ex on fuse, linked Tidebreaker in 4 fuse, belly in the next 300.
After Impact ramps up ground slam doesn't need the jewel anymore, replaced jewel with kaom lethal pride that gives me about 200 life in jewel slot near Skull Cracking.
Shaper and Red Elder down.
Rings and ammy are still super cheap and from week 1. Total life at 6000~. Using Hemophilia gloves for clear with Ground Slam is actually pretty crazy, jumping into a pack and 1 tapping, a lot of the times rares will get 1 shot from the explosions.
Didn't vibe well with the Sunder setup from Slayer PoB feels too slow and clunky while outputting about the same damage as Ground Slam with less of an AoE.

Gear:
Spoiler

(Forgot to drop war banner lol)
I made a couple changes in the recommended tree recently, due to the realization that we have excess stun capability and at the same time great access to a new layer of damage mitigation.

Now I believe Bloodletting and the 2 Fortify clusters are great choices for the additive nature of their damage mitigation. For my math, check out More Info - Damage Mitigation section.

Below is what really surprised me during a recent Uber Elder fight - I took less than 2000 damage from a Shaper slam.

Also, as a side note, try Cyclone out if you haven't, it's super good.
"
Kapitolist a écrit :
"
Xaithai a écrit :
"
Kapitolist a écrit :
I don't think it's necessary to farm cards at this point in the league. Tidebreakers are floating around 10c on poe.trade. Probably more efficient to just buy?

You're right of course, but I'm talking about SSF :) I am thinking maybe chancing imperial mauls might be the best bet at this point.

Bah sorry I keep forgetting SSF is a thing. Must be tough getting the stuff you want in SSF. I mean you can also craft a decent 2H hammer with 15% rEST and get more rEST in your passive tree? I don't think damage is a huge issue this season.

They made my card a T1 drop, aka similar to Atziri axe drop, starforge drop, voidforge etc

it is not really SSF farmable, but it drops on reef tileset and from reef bosses (brine king)
"
brightwaha a écrit :
I made a couple changes in the recommended tree recently, due to the realization that we have excess stun capability and at the same time great access to a new layer of damage mitigation.

Now I believe Bloodletting and the 2 Fortify clusters are great choices for the additive nature of their damage mitigation. For my math, check out More Info - Damage Mitigation section.

Below is what really surprised me during a recent Uber Elder fight - I took less than 2000 damage from a Shaper slam.

Also, as a side note, try Cyclone out if you haven't, it's super good.

Not using HS anymore? Is cyclone enough for stuns?
"
H3avyM3tal a écrit :
Not using HS anymore? Is cyclone enough for stuns?

It's still better to use Heavy Strike in single target scenarios. Heavy Strike is a magnitude better for stunning and has a much higher DPS.

What I am suggesting is that Cyclone is a really good AoE skill. It's possible to stun with Cyclone, but because Ruthless Support doesn't work with Cyclone, the stunning is not too consistent against bosses.

In the gif I was using Cyclone in Uber Elder fight because Cyclone makes it easier to dodge all the stuff while DPSing. For the same reason, I also recommend Cyclone in Trio fight or Pheonix fight.
After testing, abyssal warcry is in fact really pleasant with battle cry, not mandatory but surely more useful than the leech node on berserker.

A bit disappointed with cyclone in my build, I prefer the jumping ground slam style.

But I understand why a mono touch can be more attractive.

5 flask + warcry + molten shell + focus is a bit tedious on every pack...

For focus, I got a free affix on ring for shock on focus, it's really powerful, just have to wait for ggg to had 2 more skill slot bars ahah...
Does flesh and stone need to be in blood stance when linked with maim?
"
Kirbynou a écrit :
After testing, abyssal warcry is in fact really pleasant with battle cry, not mandatory but surely more useful than the leech node on berserker.

A bit disappointed with cyclone in my build, I prefer the jumping ground slam style.

But I understand why a mono touch can be more attractive.

5 flask + warcry + molten shell + focus is a bit tedious on every pack...

For focus, I got a free affix on ring for shock on focus, it's really powerful, just have to wait for ggg to had 2 more skill slot bars ahah...

One trick regarding skillbar, is that you can use weapon swap to get access to a 2nd skillbar. For example, you can have Heavy Strike and Frenzy in your skillbar with your primary weapon, and Ground Slam and Portal in your secondary weapon.

Well, this still sucks but that's an option you have.

"
H3avyM3tal a écrit :
Does flesh and stone need to be in blood stance when linked with maim?

You can still choose between the two. It's just, if you're at Sand Stance, your Maim Support is doing absolutely nothing besides reserving your mana.

I usually just stick with Blood Stance. I did use Sand Stance when I was like 95% exp and wanted to reduce my risk of dying as much as possible.
Would Vigilant Strike be an option? Hits can't be evaded may open up critical variation plus free fortify. Tidebreaker plus Jugg probably offer enough Endurance Charge to sustain VS. Thoughts?

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires