Solo Self-Found Support in 2.6.0

"
SpectraI a écrit :
i like that there is so many posts like "i will be playing this for sure!!11" but in the end you will get like maybe 7% or even less players there.

Just make a test run to see what actually players want more:
1)~1 week SSF as it is(void after)
2)~1 week SSF +additional currency drops for crafting(void after)

compare the results.

I am not wasting my time for 1 week ssf, hence your test run would be showing completely wrong results.
While we're at it, why not implement some sort of offline single player as well? It would be awesome for people with awful connection.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WX8ZeZJqOE0
I like this proposal. It's almost exactly the way I would want SSF to be implemented.
"
xxSerpentlordxx a écrit :
"
FrancescoV a écrit :
"
greatwhitepine a écrit :
Haven't read the 40+ pages of replies so this may have already been mentioned however... GGG why create more work for yourself? Wouldn't it be totally reasonable to be considered SSF right until you party or make a trade? So a simple flag and once you trade or party that flag gets unset. Complete waste of resources it seems to me.

Ehm.. no.
This way the moment you party or trade you would be doomed forever in that particular League, you couldn't have a SSF and a normal char at the same time during the same League... you need separated stashes... that's why SSF and normal leagues have to be separated.. so you can play in both if you want.

He mentioned flag removal upon partying. I made the same mistake. Personally, I prefer the self-found version with party enabled. Maybe I am too picky.

You are missing the point... you need separated stashes.. it can't be just a "flag", if it was a flag the moment you party in a particular League all the chars you have in the same League would lose the SSF flag (due to the compromised stash).
The PT lure is real ^^
Sound Great!
I tried playing SelfFound before but one problem I hab with it was, at one point (maybe LV 65 or something) I realized that crafting in SSF is pretty bad. When you find a decent Item for your Charater chances are that for a long time you wont find a better one just due to RNG. So the obvious answer to improve your Gear would be crafting.
Since crafting items with Exalted orbs is basically out in SSF you can only craft via Alteration Spam and Regal. But since your Alterations are very limited that option is not very good either.

I think what would SSF a lot more playable is better Vender trading rates for currency items, and especially the ability to downtrade rarer currency.
For example if you could downtrade Chaos orbs into alteration orbs at a resonable rate.

Just my two cents :).
"
FrancescoV a écrit :
"
greatwhitepine a écrit :
Haven't read the 40+ pages of replies so this may have already been mentioned however... GGG why create more work for yourself? Wouldn't it be totally reasonable to be considered SSF right until you party or make a trade? So a simple flag and once you trade or party that flag gets unset. Complete waste of resources it seems to me.

Ehm.. no.
This way the moment you party or trade you would be doomed forever in that particular League, you couldn't have a SSF and a normal char at the same time during the same League... you need separated stashes... that's why SSF and normal leagues have to be separated.. so you can play in both if you want.

The flag is set per character. Items are tied to a character. The second you use an item not found by your character SSF = false. Having items tied to a character would also enable them to more easily track RMT'rs. This would be less work than they plan on for sure.
Dernière édition par greatwhitepine, le 23 janv. 2017 13:51:38
"
KillerKrug a écrit :
well aslong it's optional its nice i guess o_O?

i will never understand gamer who play a MMORPG and ask for SSF, but that's just me and trading is the reason why i play PoE instead of DIII.

How about this? Poe is the best arpg around, lots of skills, items etc I want to play it, but I care 0 for mmo aspects of it. If anything, random strangers with names like xxxpussyslayerxxx annoy me. At least the areas are instanced and I don't see people camping for monster spawns.

Hope this answers and helps you understand that it is a game that people want to play, it just happens that ggg made it into an mmo.
This sounds amazing! Just my two cents:

1) There should be some additional rewards for choosing to play SSF. If you make them reasonable, it won't feel "mandatory" at all. Self-found adds an additional layer of difficulty, so some kind of reward (besides the, kinda silly if you ask me, 'bragging right') would be totally justified.

2) Regarding the overall topic of league options, I have to say Flashback should get more attention. That's by far (subjectivelly speaking...) the most enjoyable league. I know you probably want to keep it as a special event, but a permanent flashback option, or at least more frequent flashback leagues, would be really nice.
edit: Btw, Flashback self-found would be a thing :o
Dernière édition par pathfinding, le 24 janv. 2017 03:48:29
"
Chris a écrit :

No one knows if you completed the challenges in an SSF league or not
(...)
this mode will give you the ability to demonstrate your progress in an indisputable way.

Me no comprehend :'( I want it to show up to people that i'm SSFing everything i'm achieving in the game... but here you make contradictory statements about it HALP

But i'm loving the initiative.

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires