[3.17] For Slayer / Champion - Ngamahu Cyclone / Consecrated Path / Tectonic Slam

"
kira1414 a écrit :
"
Dragon_Bukid a écrit :

yeah cospri's might be necessary for some mobs and map mods, although would we also have to drop HoA for it? all three would reserve 95% of the mana unfortunately.

With Enlighten 4, you will be able to run HoA + 2 curses. :)

The other option is to take the 14% reduced mana reservation nodes in the top left, which is an alternative tree when using EO.
can someone take a peek at my build and give maybe a bit of critique?

is my gear and passives taking advantage of the ignite? or do i need the 3 rl carcass?

do i need xophs?

im a tad confused at how it all works together, how does DoT help this?
Dernière édition par Planisphaerium, le 11 mars 2017 16:55:50
For the Elemental Overload version, I am trying to decide whether to take the 4 melee crit chance nodes on the tree (125% crit chance) or just to gem an Increased Crit Chance gem into cyclone (probably at the expense of either Faster Attacks or Added Fire Damage - I want to keep Added accuracy).

The way I think about the tradeoff of using Inc Crit Chance in your Cyclone gem setup (to help proc EO) is this:

- It gives you 2% crit chance and 110% increased crit chance - which would raise your crit chance from 5% (base) to (I think?) 14.7% ((5+2)*2.1). So it's about a 195% increased crit chance gem.
- The 4 melee crit chance nodes give you 125% crit chance
- So the gem is worth <about> 6 passive nodes (6 passive nodes at about 30% crit chance on avg per node)

I also think its worth looking out for boots that have the "120% crit chance if you havent crit recently" mod on them.

I guess it comes down to whether or not Cyclone provides a big dps chunk itself or not really. Any guidance appreciated!

P.
Dernière édition par mrpetrov, le 11 mars 2017 18:24:36
Im thinking of essence crafting some rings for the crit version(with acuity), trying to figure should i go Opal base and use crit essences or crit base and roll fire dmg essences or are the resists tight enough to need to run resistance based rings? Thoughts?
Trying to get 3r 1g 1b on a carcass jack 5l is .. tough. I should of went belly I think.
"
DeuceDragon a écrit :
Im thinking of essence crafting some rings for the crit version(with acuity), trying to figure should i go Opal base and use crit essences or crit base and roll fire dmg essences or are the resists tight enough to need to run resistance based rings? Thoughts?

Could I just ask - why do you feel the need to use acuity for the crit/EO version? You can use the crit nodes from the tree or get boots with the 120% crit chance mod on them...? A lot cheaper than spending 11ex on gloves that you don't use for their main benefit (we dont crit enough for the crit leech to be reliable)..!
Dernière édition par mrpetrov, le 11 mars 2017 19:50:17
"
mrpetrov a écrit :
"
DeuceDragon a écrit :

Could I just ask - why do you feel the need to use acuity for the crit/EO version? You can use the crit nodes from the tree or get boots with the 120% crit chance mod on them...? A lot cheaper than spending 11ex on gloves that you don't use for their main benefit (we dont crit enough for the crit leech to be reliable)..!

I currently have mana/life leech boots which i dont want to give up
Acuity's even without the leech have 4 really relevant stats for the build with the sometimes bonus of the instant leech.
"
kira1414 a écrit :

May i know what is the total mana % reserved?
"
OneUnited a écrit :
"
kira1414 a écrit :

Enlighten 4 reduced mana reserved by 12%, so your total mana reserved would be 0.88*(25+35+35) = 83.6%

So say your mana pool is about 700, you should have about 115 mana free - which is certainly enough.

P.
"
snwkill a écrit :
Was having a real hard time with my survivability using my old chest for now but I am having a great time using

Cast when damage taken - level 2 ilvl 40
molten shell - level 11
Blood rage - level 8
Frost Wall - level 11

Frost wall is what is fun. You can still cyclone through frost wall but mobs can't reach you. Blood rage is really nice too... Not sure if I will like it when I am really low life and it is taking 4% of my life per second, but I am hoping my leech will more than make up for it.

I don't usually go Blood rage path because vulnerability maps is a pain. Traps in Uber lab too.

"
Lunartuna a écrit :
51K DPS wooow. im only at 25k.. how much dps does xophs add?

Xoph's Blood provide approximately 30% more damage.

"
ultra_super_hyper a écrit :
Any alternatives to xoph's blood? As I'm kind of a bad player I don't think I can really farm the breaches effectively (get swarmed in no time xD)
Got a ngamahu as a drop so I thought I'd try it. Solid build though.

As said by @snwkill, you can also use Carnage Heart. You can refer to the gems section for playing the build without Xoph's Blood.

Daresso's Salute - If your resist is not capped
Carnage Heart - If your resist is capped

"
Andehhhhh a écrit :
What changes to the passive tree should I make, if any, if I plan to use The Taming + Emberwake? Also, should I take the Elemental Focus Support out so I can ignite?

I'm relatively new with builds because I've only played 2 leagues.

You will have to remove Elemental Focus from Ngamahu's Flame. Removing the gem from chest piece is optional.

And you will also choose the Ignite skill trees to benefit from the 2 rings.

"
Planisphaerium a écrit :
can someone take a peek at my build and give maybe a bit of critique?

is my gear and passives taking advantage of the ignite? or do i need the 3 rl carcass?

do i need xophs?

im a tad confused at how it all works together, how does DoT help this?

Your gears are pretty much in place. You will want to replace your Granite flask since you are using Lion's Roar. You can only have 1 granite flask effect at a time.

You will also want to roll anti freeze in your Quick Silver flask.

And get a divine life flask.

Something like this works great:

"
mrpetrov a écrit :
For the Elemental Overload version, I am trying to decide whether to take the 4 melee crit chance nodes on the tree (125% crit chance) or just to gem an Increased Crit Chance gem into cyclone (probably at the expense of either Faster Attacks or Added Fire Damage - I want to keep Added accuracy).

The way I think about the tradeoff of using Inc Crit Chance in your Cyclone gem setup (to help proc EO) is this:

- It gives you 2% crit chance and 110% increased crit chance - which would raise your crit chance from 5% (base) to (I think?) 14.7% ((5+2)*2.1). So it's about a 195% increased crit chance gem.
- The 4 melee crit chance nodes give you 125% crit chance
- So the gem is worth <about> 6 passive nodes (6 passive nodes at about 30% crit chance on avg per node)

I also think its worth looking out for boots that have the "120% crit chance if you havent crit recently" mod on them.

I guess it comes down to whether or not Cyclone provides a big dps chunk itself or not really. Any guidance appreciated!

P.

Been playing without Ngamahu's Flame in SSF league and I would say Cyclone is only a fraction of Ngamahu's damage. You will gain more overall damage by boosting Molten Burst.

Besides the 120% crit chance enchantment, you can also go for the attack speed enchantment on boots.

Example:

"
DeuceDragon a écrit :

A few choices for crafting rings if you are going for Elemental Overload tree:

- Diamond ring
- Steel ring
- Opal ring
- Two stone ring (for capping resist)

Pretty much boils down to what you are missing.

"
evenson a écrit :
Trying to get 3r 1g 1b on a carcass jack 5l is .. tough. I should of went belly I think.

Yes. Coloring Carcass sometimes makes me feel like a jackass. I guess it says it in the name of the item (carcASS JACK).

"
OneUnited a écrit :
"
kira1414 a écrit :

Enlighten 4 is a 88% multiplier. So you will have 95 * 0.88 = ~84% reserved.

EDIT: @mrpetrov beat me to it while I was crafting the reply. ;)
Dernière édition par kira1414, le 11 mars 2017 21:03:10

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires