[3.17] For Slayer / Champion - Ngamahu Cyclone / Consecrated Path / Tectonic Slam

Just a quick question. Lion's Roar has a greater DPS increase in PoB than The Wise Oak.
BUT Lion's Roar has the knockback which, I guess, pushes the Enemies out of the Molten Blast, doesnt it?
So IF my Fire Resistance is highest The Wise Oak would be better for sure or not?

There is a second questions that comes to my mind... is it worth it to try and get both cold and lightning to the same low value? Could get a bit challenging because of Taste of Hate but would it be worth it?
If not would lowest lightning or cold be better in general?
Hi, just wanted to say I love the idea of your build, I've never focused as much on a single character as this and never got this far with a build. I've played around with it a lot and made my own adjustments which I would be glad to share if you're interested.

I have recently gone for molten strike as my boss killer and have changed the helmet enchant to add 3 additional projectiles to it, but I'm about to attempt another major overhaul for elemental overload, and I was considering using either acuity or vaal pact. My main interest in these are upgrading my leech (btw I believe without vaal pact or acuity, hematophagy is worth taking for the 5% max leech per second, even if the phys leech is useless).

I saw you took out acuity in your EO version of the build, but I was thinking it would be interesting to have both leech per second and instant leech because of endless hunger. Even with simply 10%chance to crit, with molten strike I can throw over 100 fireballs per second, not counting the 10 attacks I also do per second (multistrike). With that many "attacks" per second, I would end up insta leeching to full AND having a combined leech over time (granting immunity to stun/bleed when running from one mob pack to another)/ life regen of about 3500 hp/s. That is if it works that way. I was hoping for your thoughts on the matter.

Here is my pastebin for reference :
https://pastebin.com/fY4PNzux
Dernière édition par Sleepyashell, le 9 sept. 2017 21:55:05
Just a quick question guys. Is it necessary to switch to a Bronn's end game? I have a belly that I like and 6.6k life right now. About to purchase a Xoph's amulet so I was wondering what would be next? 6 link belly or 6 link bronn's?

Thanks again for the fun build!
Dernière édition par Valant, le 10 sept. 2017 02:36:43
"
EpsilonJackal a écrit :
Is it worth upgrading to 6L Bronn's if I can't afford to make it 3R 1G 2B? According to PoB it is a 50k+ DPS loss for Cyclone if I go 3R 2G 1B and use Faster Attacks, but PoB won't show Molten Burst's true DPS based on the increased attack speed (because if Cyclone hits more times per second, it triggers Molten Burst more often, so more damage), and I'm really bad at trying to calculate it myself.

I'll have about 80c left over after buying the 6L. I can either do that or upgrade my rings, belt, gloves and boots first.

Spoiler

It will always be worth it to go for 6L even if you can't get 3R2B1G.

On gear upgrades, you can upgrade belt and boots first.

"
acceleeerate a écrit :
Spoiler

Currently Running this build ( except for the belt and the opal Ring) + planning on getting Xoph's Later but I noticed that My INT would be too low for the blue Gems later on after I Switch to Xoph's so maybe help on where to get my Int ? Thanks

Ring and jewels will help you get the much needed int.

"
yury00 a écrit :
I know this is a Marauder but I am kind of having fun with this build. What do you think?

Skill Tree

You will definitely want Vaal Pact on Marauder if you want to do end game maps.

"
Valant a écrit :
Are most people using Carcass to clear maps ? Or Bronn with aoe gem works fine too ?

Anyone looked into Arakaali Pantheon ?

Carcass and Bronn are both great chest pieces for map clearing. And both chests have cleared Shaper.

From that reddit post, Soul of Arakaali indeed looks good on the healing side.

"
Mayapo a écrit :

Thx for the answers i got, i guess i understood a bit more, but maybe someone can "confirm" the assumptions i make:

ToH is jsut the best way to increase our dmg through flask, but unless u run into some cold dmg mod maps or stuff the defensive part isnt really important ?

And on Wise Oak, it also works when u are already capped ? i guess that was the part i didn't get. i thought the whole flask bcomes useless once u are capped out on ur 75% resist

Edit: oh, one thing i forgot and couldnt really find, when do u use enfeeble and when flammability? I guess one makes u more tanky, the other makes u deal more dmg, but is there a general guideline when to sue which or is it just preference ?

Taste of Hate is not just for damage increase. It is used mainly because it convert 20% of the incoming physical damage to cold, and with capped cold resistance, that damage is further reduced, making this flask a very good damage mitigation flask.

For Wise Oak, it takes the overcapped resistance for calculation. For example, if you are able to get all resistance to 130%, you will get 5% reduction from all 3 elements. You will also get the extra penetration for all 3 elements.

Enfeeble is preferred when you are focusing on leveling.

"
mmatesli a écrit :
Thank you for such a good guide.

i have an issue with mana regeneration rate. do i need to use mana flask while farming maps? i use blashemy support with warlords how u advice. you mentioned after ngamahu there should not mana problem. is there something which i miss ?

Your character profile is hidden so I do not know if you have taken up the mana leech node next to Vitality Void. But in general, you don't use cyclone when there are no monsters around you. This way you will run out of mana.

"
invoker232 a écrit :
Wait I dont understand?? You take Avatar of Fire at lvl 90?? is that too late??

You take Avatar of Fire as soon as you can, right after level 75 (or even before 75 is fine).

"
Sept3var a écrit :
Would le heup of all rings be a decent cheaper alternative until I can get good roll opal rings?

Also where do you recommend to put the last 7 passive points (for those of us going to 100)?

Le Heup is good except for the missing life roll. You will want to have life roll rings because of the high life % nodes in the skill tree.

The last few points you can either go for executioner, cleaving or more life % nodes.

"
Tadian a écrit :
Just a quick question. Lion's Roar has a greater DPS increase in PoB than The Wise Oak.
BUT Lion's Roar has the knockback which, I guess, pushes the Enemies out of the Molten Blast, doesnt it?
So IF my Fire Resistance is highest The Wise Oak would be better for sure or not?

There is a second questions that comes to my mind... is it worth it to try and get both cold and lightning to the same low value? Could get a bit challenging because of Taste of Hate but would it be worth it?
If not would lowest lightning or cold be better in general?

Lion's Roar is great for Uber Lab and bosses that do not get knocked back. Otherwise a blue granite flask is fine for mapping.

Wise Oak provide more fire penetration as long as you have fire resistance as the highest uncapped resistance.

The best scenario will always be getting all 3 resistance to be of the same value. With Wise Oak + Ruby + Taste of Hate popped at the same time, Fire and Cold will have the highest uncapped resistance and thus gain more penetration, whereas lightning will have more damage reduction. If you pop only Wise Oak + Ruby, then cold and lightning will have more reduction.

Most importantly, you have to keep fire as the highest uncapped resistance.

"
Sleepyashell a écrit :
Hi, just wanted to say I love the idea of your build, I've never focused as much on a single character as this and never got this far with a build. I've played around with it a lot and made my own adjustments which I would be glad to share if you're interested.

I have recently gone for molten strike as my boss killer and have changed the helmet enchant to add 3 additional projectiles to it, but I'm about to attempt another major overhaul for elemental overload, and I was considering using either acuity or vaal pact. My main interest in these are upgrading my leech (btw I believe without vaal pact or acuity, hematophagy is worth taking for the 5% max leech per second, even if the phys leech is useless).

I saw you took out acuity in your EO version of the build, but I was thinking it would be interesting to have both leech per second and instant leech because of endless hunger. Even with simply 10%chance to crit, with molten strike I can throw over 100 fireballs per second, not counting the 10 attacks I also do per second (multistrike). With that many "attacks" per second, I would end up insta leeching to full AND having a combined leech over time (granting immunity to stun/bleed when running from one mob pack to another)/ life regen of about 3500 hp/s. That is if it works that way. I was hoping for your thoughts on the matter.

Here is my pastebin for reference :
https://pastebin.com/fY4PNzux

I would say Molten Strike as main attack skill will definitely need instant leech because you pretty much just stay at the same spot so Acuity is definitely still a good pair of gloves for EO (if you can get your chance to hit to 90%). Otherwise, a rare pair of gloves with high accuracy will be better off.

As to Vaal Pact, it is not a good skill node for Slayer because of Brutal Fervor and Endless Hunger. With Vaal Pact, you get instant leech and you lose leech over time effect.

"
jim_Bonks a écrit :
Just a quick question guys. Is it necessary to switch to a Bronn's end game? I have a belly that I like and 6.6k life right now. About to purchase a Xoph's amulet so I was wondering what would be next? 6 link belly or 6 link bronn's?

Thanks again for the fun build!

Xoph's Blood will definitely be the next big upgrade. Bronn provide more damage but Belly is fine too. All recommended chest pieces in the guide has taken out Shaper so don't worry too much on it.

However, if DPS chasing is a thing for you, you can certainly push for it after obtaining Xoph's Blood. :)
Hey again,

I'm running now with: 95% fire / 82% cold / 108% lightning
With flask popped: 180% fire / 167% cold / 143% lightning

Is it worth changing this up?
A mouse!
~(,,_,;>
Which one of the gem setups in the axe do i use if i follow the non-xophs version of the build? Dont see that mentioned anywhere.
Thank you for the build!!! I did my first shaper with it and its really strong even without spending a lot of currency. I recommend it.
"
Kimba a écrit :
Hey again,

I'm running now with: 95% fire / 82% cold / 108% lightning
With flask popped: 180% fire / 167% cold / 143% lightning

Is it worth changing this up?

The above figures look okay but you have to ensure Wise Oak + Dying Sun + Taste of Hate are all popped at the same time.

Note that Wise Oak last 6 seconds while the other 2 flasks last 4.8 seconds. So there will be 1.2 seconds of down time without that extra fire penetration.

I would still recommend you to get fire to be the highest uncapped resistance.

"
Tomgathericon a écrit :
Which one of the gem setups in the axe do i use if i follow the non-xophs version of the build? Dont see that mentioned anywhere.

Either setup will work for both Xoph and without Xoph. That includes Avatar of Fire skill tree.

"
Sa6oV0lta a écrit :
Thank you for the build!!! I did my first shaper with it and its really strong even without spending a lot of currency. I recommend it.

Grats on the Shaper kill!

You are the first person that I know of to achieve this great feat of killing Shaper without Xoph's Blood!

Do you mind if I include your POB Pastebin into the guide on your gears so that other players can reference it?
"
Grats on the Shaper kill!

You are the first person that I know of to achieve this great feat of killing Shaper without Xoph's Blood!

Do you mind if I include your POB Pastebin into the guide on your gears so that other players can reference it?

Yes sure but i didnt do it deathless but it might be because im not very good at the game

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires