How does Slayer's Endless Hunger work exactly?

It says "Life leech effects are not removed at full life".

How long does this last? How much of leech can you store up?
Dernier bump le 21 juin 2016 08:40:50
"
boof a écrit :

It's not "storing anything". It does exactly what it says:

"Life leech effects are not removed" = Effects which affect your character while you are leeching.

Check this item for the example:

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/The_Retch

... or this passive:

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Hematophagy
Depends on your damage, maximum life/ES, and leech stats.

Heavy hits (higher damage per hit) and %life leeched make your leech effects last longer.

Maximum life leech rate, and higher max life/ES increase the cap of the amount you can possibly leech a second.

Attack/cast speed and the %life leeched per second stat let you reach this cap faster.

Dernière édition par Zed_, le 20 juin 2016 09:02:03
"
Alex_Lied a écrit :
"
boof a écrit :

It definitely stores up leech. I can fight for a bit, wait like 5+ seconds, get hit and my health is being filled up fast. I'm just curious whether this has a time limit before it expires, what that time limit is, or if it just stores up all the damage you've leeched and expires when you run out of that pool (which would be too OP).
"
Zed_ a écrit :

Heavy hits (higher damage per hit) and %life leeched make your leech effects last longer.

Maximum life leech rate, and higher max life/ES increase the cap of the amount you can possibly leech a second.

Attack/cast speed and the %life leeched per second stat let you reach this cap faster.

Err, I think you're just explaining how leech works in general, and not really how the slayer notable works?
"
boof a écrit :
"
Zed_ a écrit :

Err, I think you're just explaining how leech works in general, and not really how the slayer notable works?

Exactly, normally the leech instances are removed when you reach full life. With the Slayer node the instances do not.
Ordinarily, by default, i.e. without the Slayer passive, leech effects are removed when you reach full Life.

So, supposing your maximum Life were 6000, you could deal 999,999,999 damage, with 200% of damage leeched as life, and only end up leeching 5999 or less Life, reach 6000/6000, and stop Leeching.

With the Slayer passive, if you deal 999,999,999 damage with 200% of damage leeched as life, you'd essentially gain 2-4% of your maximum Life recovery for the rest of the time that you're in the instance, regardless of whether or not you hit 6000/6000.

tl;dr without passive, reaching full life ends leech effects. with passive, it doesn't
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
"
boof a écrit :
Spoiler
"
Alex_Lied a écrit :
"
boof a écrit :

It definitely stores up leech. I can fight for a bit, wait like 5+ seconds, get hit and my health is being filled up fast. I'm just curious whether this has a time limit before it expires, what that time limit is, or if it just stores up all the damage you've leeched and expires when you run out of that pool (which would be too OP).

Really? When I was watching streamers they were only talking about bonuses from items and stuff like that. I was sure that's the case. But if it's like you are saying, the duration is probably still dependand on this formula:

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Leech#Leech_duration

... so the higher is dmg, the longer it should last. Someone would need to test it but going by poe logic, it should be it
"
Alex_Lied a écrit :

... so the higher is dmg, the longer it should last. Someone would need to test it but going by poe logic, it should be it

If we go by that formula, then you can basically build an enormous pool of life waiting to be leeched by speed clearing through a map. There's gotta be some sort of time limit or or amount limit, but who knows.
Dernière édition par boof, le 20 juin 2016 13:07:12
It doesn't just stack up, it is still applied to you as healing.
Just doesn't do anything during that period.
So unless you manage to consistently leech more than your cap, creating a pool is a short-lived affair.
Zaanus:
Global chat: Mechanics for A work one way, B for another, C for a third but also with A, B uses C but not A, and D uses A&B but not C

___
Isn't a "no" better than an ignore?

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires