Performance Improvements

This is why I feel pleased supporting you guys. Never heard of a gaming company explaining themselves and their changes.
"
TylerKinkade a écrit :
"
VarthDaver a écrit :
Any chance you can let the client actually load the whole amount into RAM? Those of us with 16/32/64GB ram would likely trade initial load for removing lag.

Otherwise, glad to have the update!

You can't on x86 / x64 Clients. Programs have memory usage limits.

You definitely can on x64. You can't on x32.
"
VarthDaver a écrit :
Any chance you can let the client actually load the whole amount into RAM? Those of us with 16/32/64GB ram would likely trade initial load for removing lag.

this is a limitation of DX9. the maximum addressable memory allocation is 4GB.
Rad! Thank you!

2 things on RAM, I'm not an expert, but I feel like it could be beneficial to load your party member's effects even if they're not on an area with you. So that when they enter the area with you, there's no lag there. (You may have done this when you changed the RAM management recently, but I know it used to be a problem). Also I think it would be very good if you guys could have a adjustment setting that would allow the player to set how many assets that should be stored. (like from 1 being very few to 100 being "Fill 'er up!") So for players with 16+ GB RAM could store more than someone with 8 or less. And maybe have it have recommended settings for each GB amount and check the computer to see what it has and have the default be that amount.

Hope my ideas aren't silly, again, not an expert, just know a little bit.

But thank you for this post, I enjoyed reading and love knowing what you're working on and whatnot XD
I am a shadow. I was born the youngest daughter of a respected family, raised to fight, weep and bleed for God and the Order. I would have died to keep my mouth shut. Professional integrity, it's called. That lord sang a different tune once I had taken their children.
I'm working on upgrading my computer, but for now what I have will have to do.
I play hardcore and my biggest problems I've had lately have been lag in 3 scenarios.

Dominus - Phase 2 (rain specifically)
As soon as it starts raining my game freezes.
I've learned that if I have enough leech I can leech my way through rain and hope that I'm still alive after the rain.

Malachai - Phase 2 (When all hearts are popped)
There is so much going on that my comp freezes often here.
Without latency it'd be a much easier fight.

#1 on my list are Parandus chests.
I cannot even see the first mob without losing frames.
Makes it hard to run away when you have no control for an unknown duration.

If you could look into these three specific scenarios I'd appreciate it greatly!

Dominus - Make rain animation optional
Malachai - Let the hearts flow blood for 5 seconds after kill instead of entire fight.
Not sure how to fix Perandus chests. Maybe instead of reviving where they start despawn them and respawn them at the chest location. No point in having corpses that can't be consumed.

Thank you for your many updates :D Perandus has been fun so far!
GG...GGG! ;D
"
Cornholius79 a écrit :
"
VarthDaver a écrit :

this is a limitation of DX9. the maximum addressable memory allocation is 4GB.

That's not the memory pool where their limitation exists, though.
"
Meridin a écrit :
What I wanna know is why the game will render skills and play audio sounds that are no longer there.

Like say I'm in Sarn arena, and there's this guy offscreen chain-casting some laggy skill like Ice Storm over and over again. I never see/hear it yet because I'm not near him, but if I revive over there, the game will suddenly try to load EVERYTHING that has happened in that area since I entered the instance. Sometimes it's tried to load so many things at once my game crashed.

Another example is in maps, if I'm following someone far ahead of me, I can still hear the leap slams/bladefall sounds as I walk through the area, even though those skills happened long ago. It's really wierd.

Probably something to do with how the engine is coded. As far as we know sound is loaded AFTER the graphics.
Just another Forum Signature in a Sea of Signatures.
You're the best development team I've ever encountered. Your honesty is very much appreciated. Thank you for everything.
"64-bit DirectX 11 Client
In the future we plan to release an alternate Path of Exile client that is compiled as a 64-bit executable and will use DirectX 11 rather than DirectX9. This client will require Windows Vista or above (and a 64-bit CPU). The old client will still work for Windows XP or 32 bit machines, but won't have the performance improvements that come with DirectX 11. This release is planned for 2017."

I have 64 bit processor from 2006, I have Windows 7 from 2009, I have DirectX 11 video card from 2011 and you gonna release 64-bit DX11 client in 2017?
I don't know if that's sad or very slow developement... in any case will be welcome.
"This Is A Buff" (Bex_GGG august 30, 2016)

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires