Unable to connect to login server? SOLUTION! (--nopreload)

If you're having the common problem that's cropped up since Perandus launched where you're unable to connect to the login server, but WinMTR shows that everything is fine, try the following.

Right click PoE shortcut on desktop/start menu or wherever you have the shortcut, and type after everything else in the target field:

--nopreload

Doesn't affect sound like the previously suggest --ns or --nosound workarounds did.

I thought I'd post it on its own thread to make it more visible, but credit goes to Yldegray who posted it here:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1599132/page/2

Dernière édition par matt0027, le 7 mars 2016 01:18:19
Dernier bump le 26 mars 2016 20:51:51
Thanks a lot!
How did you found it out?

Pure trial&error...

i tried to get in by using --login-port
and tried some portnumbers,
and to speed up testing i included
the --nopreload. Then i noticed that
this one worked^^

edit:
However, sometimes the game freezes shortly
due to load content, hence this solution
is suboptimal.
Dernière édition par Yldegray, le 7 mars 2016 05:58:41
Yeah, I did notice the freezing. Still, I can put up with it given that little trick seems to fix some other problems I had before like slow loading times getting to the login screen after opening the game.
Dernière édition par Vacasama, le 7 mars 2016 22:33:09
Yeah. Now we get freezing problem at each location.
I hope devs gonna fix it properly some day.
"
Vacasama a écrit :
Yeah, I did notice the freezing. Still, I can put up with it given that little trick seems to fix some other problems I had before like slow loading times getting to the login screen after opening the game.
That slow loading time before the menu was the preload where they load up all of the graphics and sound files for the game before you play. It's just now moved on to a as needed basis which like has been said before is suboptimal.
Any normal fix yet?
"
Yldegray a écrit :
However, sometimes the game freezes shortly
due to load content, hence this solution
is suboptimal.

It's not even sometimes, it's every single time you encounter something new, looking at strong box like freezing everytime you enounter a new monster and every time it use it's skill for the first time.

Also this shouldn't even work to fix a loading problem, the game only loads around 2 gig of data to ram at launch, it should take around 2 minutes with a normal HDD longer is something on your PC's end slowing it down, either something utilizing the HDD and/or the ram, possibly heavily fragmented HDD's as well

All noprelaod dose is stop the initial loading of assets and shifts it into the game, it should have zero effect on your ability to connect
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
"
lagwin1980 a écrit :
it should have zero effect on your ability to connect

Weird, isn't it?

I hope some day GGG gona visit any of these treads (unable to connect) and will post real fix.
Not just "powercycle your modem" stuff.
+rep for that, it helped me too :)

Im going to post this thread in few other topicks about this problem for people who wait for answer and dont read other posts :)

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires