[3.23] Icarus' Ignite Slam Witch - Massive AOE (6.3 Million ++ DPS)

Icarus' Ignite Slam Witch - Tectonic Slam of Cataclysm Elementalist

Melee ignite is real.
This build's philosophy is simple,
find the largest hammer that you can,
find the largest skill you can,
then watch the fireworks.

Tectonic Slam of Cataclysm is a new transfigured gem with powerful upside at the cost of consuming all endurance charges when it is used.
The more endurance charges we consume with an attack the more damage the skill will do and the greater its area of effect will be.

Path of building:

Pros:

- 6.3 million (+) bossing ignite DPS
(this is before adding flask buffs of any other temporary buffs which can account for up to 95% more damage)
- 100% spell suppression with 56 spell reduction
- 45k armour & 40% additional physical damage reduction
- 34 fortification
- Cannot be stunned
- Cannot be frozen (pantheon)
- 100% reduced chill effect (pantheon + jewel implicit)
- Corrupted blood immunity (jewel implicit)
- 75% chaos resistance
- Elemental reflect immunity (awakened ele damage with attacks support)
- Effective 7.8x area of effect (290% increased & 100% more)
- Great map clear due to AOE
- 70% base movement speed

Decent:

- A modest (4.7k life)
- Juiced life flasks for recovery

Cons:

- Relies heavily on flasks for recovery (this can be manageable since we have a lot initial damage mitigation)
- Low life regen ~ 250
- High socket pressure for gems, need to make cuts to fit everything
- Low flexibility and strict gearing requirements.
- Relatively expensive (this can vary between when its put together and the level of investment)
- This cost me around 25 divines, but it could be anywhere up to 100 div. I'll try my best to highlight which items are mandatory and highlight some more budget friendly alternatives
- There's a lot of buttons to press. Seriously I'm not joking. Between all the warcries, flasks, guard skills and movement, the amount of buttons used in regular gameplay can be quite cumbersome. Its a good thing we have downtime between attacks but it can be a lot to remember.

Lets get into the main core of the build

Core:
Spoiler
Marohi erqi

This hammer has the highest single hit base damage out of any weapon in the game and we will be using that hit to scale ignite.

Olesya's Delight, Replica Badge of the Brotherhood & Ralakesh's impatience

Oh? You though we were stacking endurance charges, well guess again we are actually going to be stacking frenzy charges and then triple dipping by using Olesya's Delight to set our max frenzy charges as affliction charges and replica badge of the brotherhood to then also set our maximum endurance charges.
While we can no longer gain frenzy charges, we can still gain their maximum benefit using Ralakesh's impatience. I'm sure you might know what these boots do by now because their very popular and very powerful but they are core to this builds function. If you don't know, they make it so your character is always receiving buffs as if they had their maximum amount of power, frenzy and endurance charges regardless of their actual current amount.
This allows us to utilize maximum frenzy charges despite no longer gaining any and also guarantee maximum endurance charges, which will be important as we spend these whenever we attack.

Each affliction charge we gain grants a 8% more damage with ailments, buffing our ignites and 8% more effect of non damaging ailments, buffing our shock effect.

The replica badge of the brotherhood grants an increased cooldown recovery of movement skills per frenzy charge which is a nice quality of life and increases our maximum fortification per endurance charge, which is adds a strong defensive layer to this build.

In this build we will be utilizing a grand total of:

- 10 Frenzy Charges
- 10 Affliction Charges
- 10 Endurance Charges

Replica Farrul's Fur

This item here is how we will be gaining the endurance charges that we'll be spending to attack with tectonic slam. It is also how we gain our affliction charges as we have no other sources of frenzy/affliction charge gain.
When affected by aspect of the cat (a skill provided by beasts that we will be crafting onto our gloves) it cycles between 2 buffs, cat's stealth and cat's agility.
Whenever the buff changes to cat's agility the character will gain their maximum endurance charges and frenzy charges (which in our case gives affliction charges). By default this full cycle takes 12 seconds but we are able to lower this to 3.6 seconds by linking support gems to aspect of the cat (more on this later).
As an additional note, due to the prevalence of Rakesh's impatience, the very same boots we are using, this chest piece has greatly decreased in its cost compared to previous leagues.

Echoes of Creation

Want 45% more damage? just Warcry 3 times and this helmet provides what you need.

Sublime Vision

This sublime vision limits us to only using grace as our only aura. In exchange, sublime vision greatly increases the effectiveness of that single aura and grants an additional maximum frenzy charge. This is one of the ways we'll be reaching 10 max charges.

Circle of Anguish

This ring is one of the other ways we will be reaching our 10 max charges.
We only use 1 max charge ring as we want the other slot for flexibility, life, filling out resistances etc.
At the time of purchase this ring cost me 8 divines, however after searching for a similar ring prices are around 50-100 divines so could be pricy. The build can be operated without a +1 ring, it will just lower the effectiveness a bit. It is also quite nice for comfort to reach 100% fissure branching chance on tectonic slam, which requires 10 consumed endurance charges.
A circle of guilt (herald of purity) ring will also fit the same purpose as the build utilizes both herald of ash and herald of purity.

Note that herald's are not auras and can still be used alongside a grace aura that is affected by sublime vision.

The Adorned

Last item in the core of the build is another flavor of the month and very strong item, The Adorned. This unique jewel allows for highly customizable corrupted magic jewels in all other slots by greatly increasing the effectiveness of those jewels. My variant is not even close to the strongest available so the builds effectiveness can be further increased with a greater level of investment. The Stats we'll be focusing on are maximum life and damage over time multiplier.
Since our main weapon is only base damage and does not have any damage over time multiplier like other ignite builds would, we need to try make up as much of that as we can using these adorned magic jewels. While this stat can be found on the passive tree it is rather difficult to travel to given our pathing but it can be very effectively be added in via these jewels.

I can whole wholeheartedly say playing this build is very fun and it's especially satisfying to clear more than entire screen of enemies in one hit.

I have cleared the games entire base content comfortably with this character and even completed an uber shaper boss, albeit it took 4 portals so i don't think this is going to be the go to uber killer or should be anyone's hardcore character but its a solid and fun build. Also the "melee" in melee ignite should have a lot of quotations as the area of effect is big it can reach off screen with ease.

I'll let the area speak for itself, i had to run offscreen to see the edge of the skill.

This build has a relatively slow attack time, but we only need to attack at most every 3.6 seconds to ignite our targets. This is because we get maximum charges every 3.6 seconds but our ignites will last longer at 5.6s. It also means our fist of war support will always be available when attacking like this as it has a cooldown of 1.8s.

There's not too much flexibility in the remaining gear slots, only gloves and one ring slot have left to customize and all that your really looking for is:
- Maximum life
- Resistance, specifically lightning resist as we already a lot of gain fire and cold on our other gear slots
- Spell suppression (on gloves) - at least 7% should help the character reach the cap of 100% (It will take an additional 2 passive points to reach cap without this mod)
- An open suffix on gloves (this is so you can use beast crafting to add the aspect of the cat skill to this item)

Remaining Gear Slots:
Spoiler

We are using a pair of synthesis implicit gloves to provide another maximum frenzy charge. The mid-tier energy shield/evasion base is not ideal but they were the cheapest available evasion base (3 divines). To reach spell suppression cap we need these glove to able to roll a spell suppression modifier, otherwise it will cost an additional 2 passive points to reach 100%.

We are using a vermillion ring for more max life, with a crafted mana cost reduction. This particular ring was crafted using corrupted essence of delirium to provide some extra damage over time multiplier.

We also use a herald medium cluster jewel with the passive Heraldry so that we are always exposing nearby enemies to fire. As an Elementalist our exposure's will lower resistances by an additional 25% so automating this exposure is important. This can also be done with a burning damage medium cluster and the 'master of fire node' but this mod is more rare than heraldry is.

As mentioned in the core of the build we are looking primarily maximum life and damage over time as the mods on our corrupted jewels.
Here is my selection:

These have some additional affixes like reduced mana cost of skills and damaging ailments deal damage faster. Each of the implicits such as "reduced effect of chill & curses" all scale with the increased effect from the adorned.
These jewels aren't perfect by any means but they can get very expensive to buy/make.
I crafted all of these myself by buying the fractured jewel for around 1 divine and then alt rolling until i found the other mod i wanted and then corrupting.

Charms:
Indisponible
Indisponible
Indisponible

We are taking the primalist as our wildwood ascendancy class and using the above charms to to scale our area of affect and area chaos resistance with our maximum endurance charges. We can reach 60% chaos resist with just 2 of these charms and a well rolled Ralakesh's impatience could bringing this to 65%. 65% is plenty of chaos resist for most content and if you comfortable with this you could find a charm with a different suffix.

This build truly is just a witch cosplaying as a juggernaut.

Flasks:

I'm using 2 life flasks with instant recovery. Here I'm using one flask with half recovery as instant and the other is instant recovery on low life. This is personal preference you could use a pure instant flask as well. All life flask should be divine flask as these have more total life recovery than eternal flasks do.

The other 2 important flasks I'm using are Sin's Rebirth and Taste of Hate.
Sins Rebirth will increase our armour slightly while active since we convert evasion to armour but most importantly give the unholy might buff.
Unholy might grants 30% of physical damage as extra chaos damage, since we scale our physical damage before converting to fire we can utilize this to its full extent. Additionally because of the shaper of flames ascendancy this added chaos damage can contribute to our single hit ignite damage. Similarly Taste of Hate grants us 15% of physical damage dealt as extra cold damage. While both of these flasks are active they account for 36% more damage (since we have multiple sources of phys as extra).
Taste of Hate also allows our hits to chill enemies, for which we have large amounts of increased effect of non damaging ailments to reach high chill effect. Lastly the phys taken as cold effect provided by taste of hate is a powerful defensive tool for taking larger physical damaging hits.

The Last flask slot is a flex slot, you could use a jade flask, quicksliver flask, another life flask or even ruby & topaz flasks for specific bosses. Here I've chosen an overflowing chalice Sulphur flask. The slight damage buff increase is welcome and so is the life regen provided by the consecrated ground. Most importantly this flask helps our uptime on our other flasks, since our other 2 utility flasks provide such high damage boost keeping these full is important.

Skills Gems:
Spoiler

Attack Skills:
Spoiler

Main skill is Tectonic Slam of Cataclysm:

Support Gems in order of importance:

- Fist of war support
- Cruelty support
- Endurance charge on melee stun
- Awakened Unbound Ailments
- Awakened Elemental damage with attacks

Fist of war provides both 70% increased area of effect and 69% more ignite damage with boosted slams. It is our strongest support.

Cruelty provides a modest 24% increased damage with hits (only hits, not ignites) and provides the cruelty buff based on damage dealt with the hit. At maximum this buff provides 40% more damage with our ignites.
Our hits should always be giving the maximum 40% buff as we have many forms of generic scaling that increase both hit damage and ignite damage.

Endurance charge on Melee Stun provides 40% more damage as we have 10 endurance charges. It also lowers enemy stun threshold for more consistent stunning hits.

Awakened Unbound Ailments provides 22% more ignite damage at max level and 69% ignite duration. The ailment duration is important so that we wave 100% uptime on our ignites. Additionally the 56% increased effect of non damaging ailments helps guarantee a maximum 50% shock effect via the shaper of storms ascendancy and increased chill effect whenever our taste of hate flask is providing cold damage. This theoretically could be substituted for awakened burning damage for slightly higher DPS but would leave our ignite duration at only 3.5s. I believe the longer duration of ignites helps the comfort of the build and the effect of non damaging helps the builds consistency.

Awakened Elemental damage with attacks provides 39% more elemental damage at max level and immunity to reflected elemental damage. Again awakened burning damage would slightly edge out one ignite DPS due to the +1 level to fire skills the gem provides, but i prefer elemental damage with attacks. The generic scaling provided allows increases to both hit damage and ignite damage. Also The immunity to elemental reflect is a nice piece of quality of life (although my current gem isn't leveled to 5 yet).

To roundup we utilize the hit damage for stunning hits, shocking enemies and gaining the cruelty buff.

Lastly we have our weapon with a corruption that provides a 7th support link. This support is a lvl 10 fortify support, which provides 14% more damage with hits and ailments as well as providing the fortify buff on hit.

Auras & Utility:
Spoiler

Our only aura:

- Grace

Other reservation skills:

- Herald of Ash
- Herald of Purity
-> All linked with enlighten

Without enlighten you'll need to allocate 3 passive points for the mana mastery that grants reservation efficiency

The buff from herald of ash gives 15% extra physical damage as fire, which for us is equivalent to 15% more damage. This is further increased by the increased HOA buff effect on our ring.

The buff from herald of purity gives 12% more physical damage. We are converting all of our damage to fire but this buff is applied first meaning it is just a 12% more damage multiplier. It also will summon herald minions on kill which last 12 seconds. When we using rallying cry it will count the number of nearby allies and grant an additional 5% more damage on the next 5 attacks based on how many allies were nearby. HOP can summon up to 4 minions, so it can provide up to an additional 20% more damage. The uptime on these minions is only consistent while mapping but while bossing it is less likely to sustain this.

Movement:

- Frostblink -> lifetap (lvl 1)

Frostblink is a strong movement skill with an instant cast time and a low cooldown thanks to replica badge of the brotherhood. you could also use flame dash here but I prefer the instant mobility of frostblink. You don't want to use and attack based movement like leap slam due to our slow attack time.

While we can sustain frostblink's mana cost the buff provided from lifetap is a nice addition to further boost our flask healing. We don't rely on this skill for damage so the lifetap can be left at lvl 1 for lower buff threshold.

Defence:

- Vaal Molten Shell -> Increased duration

We bind our regular molten shell to left click, its easy and we have pretty good uptime on the skill while mapping, and we have Vaal Molten Shell as the emergency panic button if we need it.

Aspect of the cat:

Aspect of the cat is buff that is provided by a modifier we crafted onto our gloves. Aspect of the cat cycles between two buffs Cat's Stealth & Cat's Agility. While wearing the chest piece replica farrul's fur, the buff has no mana reservation cost. With this chest cat's stealth last 4s and cats agility last 8s. Upon switching to cat's agility the character gains up to their maximum endurance charges and frenzy charges. This is how we gain the endurance charges that well will be spending with our main attack. 12 seconds to complete a full cycle between the buffs is too slow for our purposes, but we can lower the skill's duration by linking supports to the skill.

Specifically swift affliction & less duration.
These skill gems provide 60% less & 25% less duration duration modifiers for a total of 70% less duration. When socketed in our gloves with the aspect of the cat modifier it will lower the total cycle from 12 seconds to 3.6 seconds.
Any support gem socketed into the gloves that can support aspect of the cat will support it regardless of links between those gems. For this reason molten shell with increased duration cannot be also socketed into the gloves and must instead go in the body armour.

Warcrys:
Spoiler

- Rallying Cry
- Infernal Cry
- Seismic Cry
-> All linked with Urgent Orders

We use these 3 warcries as when exerting any attack they each provide 15% more damage. We don't necessarily care about all the buffs these warcries provide, only that they can exert an attack to give us this damage buff.

Rallying cry however can grant up to an additional 20% more damage on use provided that we have minions from herald of purity active. Each nearby minion will grant 5 more damage on the next 5 exerted attacks.

Infernal cry's buff covers nearby enemies in ash and triggers the combust skill the first time an enemy is hit. This combust attack is a separate hit to our main attack and will not contribute to our largest ignite so it is not a reliable source of damage. The covered in ash debuff against a single unique will provide 12% increased fire damage taken and movement slow, up to 20% if the are more nearby enemies. The increased taken is nice to have but it is not imperative to have as it only stacks additively with the 50% increased damage taken provided a max effect shock.

Seismic Cry does not have any damage mods other than the one provided by echoes of creation. This buff does however lower enemy stun threshold, and our stunning hits deal more 20% ignite damage. Seismic cry also provides an additional 30% area of effect per attack it has already exerted, which is very fun for super massive AOE.

We link all 3 of these warcries with urgent orders for faster warcries.

We do not use Intimidating cry as the "deals double damage with exerted attacks" it provides only applies to hits, as does the enemies are intimidated effect it applies.

Arcanist brand:
Spoiler

We are using the spell arcanist brand to cast a series of debuffs on the enemy. We only need to use this when we are attacking tanky rare mobs or unique bosses.

Arcanist brand attaches to an enemy and periodically cast all spells that are linked to it on that enemy. We are linking to this the flammability curse, flame surge and wave of conviction.

Flammability will lower the targets fire resistance by 36%.
Wave of conviction will apply a 15% fire exposure to the enemy, again lowering their fire resistance. This exposure is then further amplified by our ascendancy by another 25%.
While we are already applying exposure to nearby enemies through the heraldry cluster passive, the default exposure value is only 10% while wave of conviction is 15%.

Lastly flame surge will create burning ground burning underneath the enemy, dealing damage per second equivalent to 25% of the strongest ignite currently affecting that enemy. This provides 25% more damage while that enemy remains on that burning ground. A new burning ground will be created on subsequent flame surge triggers no more than every 2 seconds.

Note that both flame surge and wave of conviction are level 1 skills gems. This because the effects we care about here don't scale with gem level but the mana cost will increase. Arcanist brand can consume a lot of mana so its best to keep these at low level.

Ascendancy & leveling:

Spoiler
Elementalist - Burn baby burn.

Why Elementalist? At first glance it seems very far away from the things we want to be doing on the passive tree, but the travel points aren't too bad as we did need the intelligence they provide somewhere in the build and the pathing takes us past a lot of jewel sockets. Put simply, for an ignite build Elementalist offers damage that no other ascendancy could.

Ascendancy order:
Shaper of storms -> Shaper of Flame -> Mastermind of Discord -> Heart of Destruction

Order can change based on personal preference and Mastermind of discord can be taken earlier if you have the heraldry cluster jewel and have 100% fire conversion.

The Shaper of Storms node should provide the best early damage while leveling and in the builds completed form it provides 50% more damage. We are able to achieve these maximum effect shocks as our base single hit damage is very large, we have 69% increased effect of non damaging ailments from awakened unbound ailments and 80% more effect of non-damaging ailments provided by our affliction charges from Olesya's Delight.

The Shaper of flames node is both a great quality of life such that we don't need to invest in any ignite chance and provides 25% more ignite damage. The effect of all damage types can ignite also enables us to use flasks that grant damage as extra cold and chaos and have those damage sources contribute to our ignite damage.

Mastermind of discord node increases our applied exposures by and additional 25% which is very potent and we do also utilize the mana extra mana regen it provides.

Heart of destruction gives us 60% area of effect while clearing maps which is very nice and gives 30% more damage against unique bosses. Convergence lasts 4 seconds and can be activated every 8 seconds. We can attack for full damage once every 3.6 seconds and our ignites last 5.6 seconds. If timed correctly we can have 100% uptime of this buff while fighting bosses. We can attack twice for full damage during the first 4 seconds of the buff and the next ignite will last the remaining duration until convergence can be activated again.

Leveling for this build is a little bit awkward, since the build doesn't really function until all the gear is together.
You'll probably have to start off hit based and eventually pivot ignite.
You can level with any skill you choose, I choose ground slam and then regular tectonic slam at lvl 28. You can change to tectonic slam of cataclysm whenever you have both replica farrul's fur and the aspect of the cat gloves.

Skill Tree:

Spoiler
Full details of the skill tree can be found in the POB but we are focusing on Jewel sockets, maximum life, spell suppression, armour/evasion & life flask recovery.

Importantly we are converting all of our evasion into armour using the Iron reflexes keystone as well as getting stun immunity from the unwavering stance keystone. The 48k armour in conjunction with 40% additional phys DR should consistently provide close to maximum damage reduction of 90% . We also convert some of this physical damage to cold while taste of hate is active.

Since we no longer receive dexterity's benefit to evasion due to iron reflexes, we can also pickup the magebane keystone for 15% spell suppression with no extra penalty.

Our last keystone we are taking is the resolute technique keystone to solve our accuracy problems. Marohi Erqi has an inherent -500 accuracy rating mod, and attempting to fix our accuracy would be quite costly so precise technique proves to be the most efficient option.

Lastly I should mention an important passive skill that has been mentioned a couple times in the build, concussive force. This skill allows hits to stun as though we were dealing 50% more fire damage and any hits that do stun will inflict 20% more ignite damage. This stunning hit is consistent against regular enemies, rares and map bosses.

- Anoint Frenetic on amulet to grant last frenzy charge on the passive tree. this saves around 7 travel passive points.

How much damage?:
Spoiler

Well its a bit of difficult question, but put simply without any flasks or multiplies that aren't always consistent the answer is 6.3 million ignite DPS.
This is with the arcanist brand applied and they are taking burning ground damage.
This DPS is 5.8 million against pinnacle bosses as they have slightly higher resistance.

For regular enemy that is not a boss and also does not have arcanist brand applied they would take 4.9 million DPS base line.
That same enemy with the arcanist brand active would take 7.8 million DPS

There are 2 damage increases that we have that are not always guaranteed,
the first being that stunning hits deal 20% more ignite damage and the second being that when we use rallying cry with maximum herald of purity minions we also gain 20% more damage with the next 5 exerted attacks.

While we are mapping we should receive both of these benefits as we will have killed a pack of enemies with the past 12 seconds to grant the herald minions and we enough reduced stun threshold against regular enemies.

This gives a total of 7.1 million DPS without arcanist brand or any flasks.

From her I'm only going to talk about about DPS regarding pinnacle bosses as all the other targets will probably already die before then.

DPS is 5.8 million against pinnacle bosses.

The extra damage as chaos & cold provided by our flask gives 36% more damage. the increased damage from the overflowing chalice sulphur flask gives ~ another 10% more.
This raises the Pinnacle bossing DPS to 8.9 million DPS.

We have 35% reduced enemy stun threshold and gain at least additional 20% when using seismic cry against a boss for 55% total. this result in a average of 4.44 stuns per lifetime, increased to 6.66 because of concussive force inflicting stuns as though we are dealing 50% more damage.
This means you need to 15% of a targets life as a hit to guarantee a stunning hit. A hit can stun at a lower threshold but it is a chance and subsequent hits build towards this 15% threshold. Our average single hit damage against pinnacle bosses is 900K with flasks is 1050K.

A target such shaper has 75 million HP so only around 10% of our hits will stun. We will also probably not have our herald minions up a lot of the time while bossing but some bosses do spawn ads that we can kill to get them. So the 20% buff effect is not consistent while bossing.

We do have a decent uptime on flasks during a boss fight so these are much more consistent than stunning hits or rallying cry but it is possible to have all of these active at once.

So the Theoretical maximum ignite DPS under ideal circumstances against pinnacle bosses is 12.8 million DPS.
But this much more likely be around 8.9 million DPS with active flask buffs. But the true DPS could be anywhere between in range of 5.8 - 12.8 million DPS.

Final notes:
Spoiler

For a much more budget friendly version you can choose to drop the +1 frenzy charge circle of anguish for a rare ring.
For a Marohi Erqi without the fortify corrupt you can instead take the "Melee hits fortify, -3 maximum fortification" mastery on the fortification wheel.

The implicit on Olesya's delight is of no use to use to us so a corrupted implicit is always preferred. I am using an all elemental resistance implicit to help with capping our lightning resistance but with a better rolled ring that gives lighting resist this implicit could instead be substituted out for "grace has increased aura effect"

Mapping footage:
Spoiler
https://youtu.be/VQj-wBjsWsw

Mapping footage of a wildwood juiced T16 map and empower Conqueror boss kill.

Good luck and stay sane exile.

Dernière édition par Icarusbound, le 17 févr. 2024 16:24:09
Dernier bump le 30 mars 2024 10:49:04
Ce post contient des objets qui sont actuellement indisponibles.
That's hell of a guide !
Will start any ignite, maybe normal tectonic slam ignite to farm heist for uniques, then transfer into some form of this build, make some pob calcs, with heavy investmnets in frenzy charges gear, +1 curses and craft 2h weapon with 70+ fractured fire overtime + t1 essence add lightning dmg + t1 fire dmg + hits cant be evaded + 5-6% dmg per frenzy charge form bench we can get cap dot dps and 75k+ ehp for phys/elem/chaos
Hopefully its 3.24 viable!
Hopefully this will be updated :)

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires