[3.23] Rage Vortex of Berserking Slayer | Shackles and Chains combo for Rage - Fast Mapper

Welcome!

I've been playing around with the new transfigured Rage Vortex of Berserking since the start of Affliction League, in Ancestor League I played a Rakiata's Dance Slayer with Rage Vortex that I also made a guide for which was a great bosser, but seeing this new transfigured version of Rage Vortex I wanted to make a mapping focused version instead!

So instead of Rakiata's Dance I went for the legendary Starforge, which plays well into the big AoE theme of a mapping focused RV.

Video Guide
https://youtu.be/B3-h3EB6Mrs?si=uK8IdGw7844oTccr

PoB
https://pobb.in/q3GAX6nK3p5l

But this version of the gem works a bit differently, instead of sacrificing rage with every cast, there is a cumulative rage loss per second like Berserk, but the rage storm sticks to your character.

So in order to deal with this rage loss, I had the idea of using Chains of Emancipation together with Shackles of the Wretched to curse myself with Temporal Chains on hit, and immediately override it with Vulnerability on hit to lose Temp chains, and gain max rage through Chains of Emancipation.

I guess I call it the Shackles and Chains combo, pretty flavourful I think!

This setup of gems in Shackles of the Wretched,

Hextouch - Temporal Chains - Vulnerability - Cyclone

gives me maximum rage anytime I hit a monster with Cyclone while i'm under 25 rage, then I become curse immune until I drop to 25 again and can curse myself again and repeat. You also get to keep the Vulnerability curse on the monster as long as you put it after temp chains in the links, so its a free curse too!

This rage sustain is so good I can keep up both Rage Vortex and Berserk as long as there are monsters to hit.

Just like the old version of RV, this version snapshots things like Intimidating Cry, i'm not absolutely confident exactly what buffs are snapshotted, but try to have as many buffs as possible when starting your Rage Vortex. AoE from the Impact ascendancy snapshots as far as I can tell so refreshing when you have on kill buffs is a good idea. Totems appear not to be snapshotting from my own testing so keep in mind to place your Ancestral Protector every now and then, and having Dawnstrider's really helps with uptime.

This is a smooth mapper and I've really enjoyed playing it so far, I've done a lot of Maven Invitations, Expedition farming and some speedy map farming too and I think its versatile enough to do most different styles of content, but I cannot recommend it for Uber Bossing because the damage is not super high and the playstyle feels very melee when it comes to hitting your cyclone on bosses, though the RV AoE is huge in mapping.

I should note I did try the more established combo of chains + rotblood promise, but that is not able to sustain the massive rage loss from both RV and Berserk, due to the 1.2 second cooldown of activating blasphemy, it also just felt abit clunkier and makes it harder to get your own curse on the target due to blasphemy always having priority over curse on hit.

Keep in mind, it doesn't have to be cyclone to trigger the shackle and chains combo if you want to get creative and try another skill, or maybe apply it to another build!

Oh and don't roll Temporal Chains or Vulnerability on your maps, otherwise it can do pretty much any map mods.

Required Uniques
Spoiler

All these uniques serve a pretty unique and important role, although only the gloves and belt are required for the build to function mechanically.

Defiance of Destiny is a hugely important defensive layer for the build against smaller hits since we don't have any evasion because we are using Iron Reflexes.

Starforge gives AoE and the ability to shock as long as we have some source of %chance to shock which we do on a flask. Also the DPS is pretty hard to beat for a similar price.

Dawnstriders double the effect of Ancestral Protector and the lingering effect is a very nice QoL to help with nailing the correct snapshots on RV

Shackles and Chains are explained above, but that's how we sustain rage.

Rares
Spoiler

For most of the rares you want to focus on getting life, capping resists, capping spell suppression and getting enough attributes to use your gems.
For the helm and chest, getting physical damage taken as elemental is very useful crafts which you get from unveiling. On the helm you can also get this as an Eater of Worlds implicit, and for the body armour you can get fortify through Eater Implicit. The searing exarch implicits are less important, but make sure to get something useful atleast! Getting as much chaos resistance as possible while still meeting the other stat requirements is also very important.

On one ring you will want -3 mana cost to channeled skills to make Cyclone free.

Flasks
Spoiler

Get bleed removal on an instant life flask, Jade and Granite both just increase your armour because of Iron Reflexes, and phasing from Quartz is just a little QoL, Quartz could be replaced with a Sulphur flask or Amethyst flask aswell. Getting % chance to freeze, shock and ignite on one flask is very important to make sure the shock from Starforge is applied!

Jewels and charms
Spoiler

Inspired Learning is put at the Duelist jewel socket to get 4 notables in range and gives you headhunter buffs.

Ancestral Vision paired with ailment avoidance on the tree gives us ailment immunity as long as we get 100% spell suppression.

For the Watchers Eye you can get Determination, pride and Precision mods, but keep in mind we don't use crit or Impale.

That Which Was Taken can help round out what you are missing on charms.
Charms are a great source of Spell Suppression, Attributes, Maximum Rage, there are also mods like Cannot be stunned while leeching which I would say is mandatory. You can get exploding corpses on warcry which is nice for some extra clean up. Im using Inspirational from Champion as my forbidden jewels, but if you want to use something else you can get Banners have no reservation on a charm too.

I'm also using Cluster jewels, mainly for Devastator for explosions to help clear, and to getting more jewel slots is really nice since there are so many great jewels for us to use. Any 2 or 3 mod Clusters with Devastator will do!

Gem Links
Spoiler

The glove curse setup is explained at the top of the page, keep in mind the order of the gems there.

For the supports to Rage Vortex, I think Close Combat and Rage Support are replaceable if you wan't to try other stuff. Close Combat is a nice way to get some single target for tanky Wildwood Empowered rares and bosses, also works well with the Impact ascendancy node anyways. And Rage Support doesn't give a whole lot of damage but helps with the rage sustain abit for when you are not able to hit stuff with cyclone to replenish your rage. It's kind of insignificant when you have Berserk and RV going and making the rage loss really high, but sometimes you're just strolling around with RV in the Wildwood or an easy map and the rage on hit helps.

Im using Inspirational forbidden jewels to make War Banner free of reservation, but this mod is also available on Charms if you can't afford Inspirational or want to go with another pair of forbidden jewels.

If you can't afford enlighten level 3, you can use an Arrogance setup for Precision, and drop another gem, like maim support from Ancestral Protector links.

Lifetap in Molten Shell links makes sure it goes off since our mana is quite low.

Passive Tree
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABgQNegHnA4cFLQd1CbsKmwxwDHMNjRCVEjAS4RRNFHUVIBiRGO8ZtBv6IVUkLiXfJwsnnyfcKaUqOCzpLlMx4TndOlI7tj3dQzFD50SeRg5GjEnVSn1M_04qUdpTu1aeVslXVFoaWjJbr14TXzlfjmFSZU1nZ2egcq9yw3TadO167311g7aE74ZghrOG0Yd2iS6Ks4rwjBOSgJOolSSbLZzEnMefJ6QZpTWmJaqWqwuwq7KAtyK8n702vqe-28CmwzPEgswG02_Te9N-1ETYNNrB3D3dDeOf5ebp2u9O73rzb_R89WH2Ofaj-IT4h_jv-oD8S_5F_roOACoAKwAsAC0ALgAwADIAdgB6AHsAfAB9AH4AgAm6GvR8adeJLm_e-oD9a77bJhumJR9SJ9wIyYwTG-HURPv_2DQ=?accountName=Frost666&characterName=TaakiRage

I recommend viewing this in the PoB at the top, but incase you are oldschool heres the website tree.

Keep in mind this is a Precise Technique build so keep your accuracy higher than your Life. For keystones we also take Vaal Pact for double leech, Iron Reflexes for more armour and Call to Arms for instant warcries so you can easily put Intimidating Cry on left click.

The tree also uses clusters, mainly to get access to Devastator for explosions.

Pantheons, Ascendancy, Bandits and Leveling
Spoiler
The major pantheon i'm using is mostly Soul of Arakaali since we have elemental ailment immunity from Ancestral Vision + nodes on the tree, and stun immunity while leeching on a charm so Brine King isn't needed, Solaris is a good option for bossing.

For minor i'm usually running Soul of Shakari for poison and chaos mitigation, but the minor is more situational

Kill all bandits

There are leveling trees and gem setup in the PoB, but you can use Splitting Steel and then Bladestorm at 28, and use Bladestorm for a very long time, on league launch I used Bladestorm all the way into red maps and got my first 2 Voidstones with it.

The Ascendancy order while leveling should be
Impact > Bane of Legends > Headsman > Brutal Fervour

Pick Primalist as your Wildwood Ascendancy, get all the charm slots.

If I missed anything please let me know, and ask away if you have questions.
Dernière édition par Frost666, le 27 déc. 2023 12:07:13
Dernier bump le 4 janv. 2024 01:52:15
Cool build, that shackles and chains combo is awesome.
Are you considering changing this to a non precise technique build?
"
araticise a écrit :
Are you considering changing this to a non precise technique build?
Yeah going crit and even elemental with Rakiata's would certainly increase the damage, but also the budget by quite abit if you want to keep the solid defenses, its also a lot more passive point heavy to go crit so I would likely drop atleast one cluster and get explosions from Oriath's End instead for a Rakiata's crit version.

PT and phys was just the best way to keep the cost low and damage just good enough for non-uber or very juiced content pretty much.
Would you have a guide on how to transition to that version?

Having a bigger budget gives motivation to play! Thanks alot for the reply.
Hello, quick fyi but you can update your POB to directly include Rage Vortex of Berserking! Transfig gems are now supported :)
Cheers!
"
dreais a écrit :
Hello, quick fyi but you can update your POB to directly include Rage Vortex of Berserking! Transfig gems are now supported :)
Cheers!
Good call, fixed it! :D
With it being a rage build woudn't it be better with Berserker?
Very cool build, I've been playing around with some of the rage generation methods.

I've been trying to make a Rakiata version with crit work, and I even tried swapping out the cyclone with the Herald of thunder curse set up with storm's secret ring which had great uptime except on bosses/tanky set up.

I pivoted toward a chainbreaker set up to open up my rares though. It feels pretty good, just need to figure out how to pimp more dmg or possibly maybe just a weapon swap to regular rage vortex for tangier mobs.

PoB: https://pobb.in/RW_5DhhkAbz0

Thanks for the inspiration!
Dernière édition par eyeyue, le 4 janv. 2024 01:53:13

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires