[3.22] 300% Progenesis indigon boneshatter pathfinder

Hello.

I wanted to post my take on the 300% flask effect pathfinder that has become playable thanks to the new tattoos.

PRO AND CONS
+ Can tank EXTREMELY large hits like maven brain blast/eater explosion without needing active mitigation (molten shell).
+ It's not mitigating damage so any mod that affect damage mitigation (like penetration/overwhelm/less armor/less evasion ecc) have basically no impact on the build.
+ Same for mods that make attacks harder to avoid (increased aoe/multiproj) because you are not dodging anyway.
+ can ignore detonate dead boxes/bearers/purple exploding crystals/other on death effects.
+ can become an effective ghost buster by swapping flasks (can easily reach 300%+ movement speed)/getting a watcher's eye with phasing.
+ can do no regen/leech thanks to soul taker

- no flasks? you die
- less recovery/no recovery(sirus puddles)? you die (can compensate less recovery with more recoup but it's a pain)
- it's an enkindling build so yo have to press 2 flasks
- very large degens can kill you if you have not attacked/been attacked in the last 4 seconds
- eater balls still drown you
- it's expensive
- the tormented spirit with "thief grip" will instantly kill you
- forgetting to press flask on zone change will kill you
- phys reflect will kill you mid ramp (atziri 2% is fine)
- melee
- clear is average
- ancestor totem

POB/POE NINJA/VIDEO LINKS

Pob: https://pobb.in/SEoUDHX91oJ0
Poe Ninja: https://poe.ninja/builds/ancestor/character/Mindchaox/SylaFlask
Uber Exarch: https://youtu.be/-TBZUjP2KWU
Uber Eater: https://youtu.be/WJGzx-DoaMc
Uber Uber Elder with maven: https://youtu.be/DvMDEx0EAQs
Uber Maven: https://youtu.be/ToTfwq8pDcg
Feared: https://youtu.be/7hgSH98n2pA
Uber Sirus: https://youtu.be/N4WMc3tm_XY

Badly cleared maze of the minotaur with harvest: https://youtu.be/4YbEfTWh1S8

THE CORE OF THE BUILD

The build is centered around scaling flask effect for progenesis

To allow us to recive 100% of the hit damage we take over 4 seconds instead of instantly. To do so we use a combination of 11 flask effect tattoos, warrior's tale/might of the meek and other gear (see pob or poe ninja for exact tattoo/jewels locations).

How to exactly reach 301% flask effect

Spoiler

-25% from tree
-38% from belt
-10% from alchemis genius (see the alchemist genius section to see how to achieve 100% uptime on it)
-70% from enkindling orbs
-30% from the pathfinder ascendancy minor nodes
-128% from tattoos

TOTAL - 301%

Now that we are taking 100% of hit damage over time we need a way to recoup it, the easiest way is using stasis prison

So with those items we are immune to hit damage right? well not really...[/spoiler]

THE DAMAGE TAKEN/RECOVERY PROBLEM

Unfortunately the damage we are taking every server "tick" is applied separately to the life we recover via recoup (not added toghether and then applied) so if the post mitigation damage we are taking per server tick surpasses our current avaible life we instantly die and while dead we can't recover life so recoup doesn't save us.

To solve this we need a decent life "buffer".

OK BUT WITH ALL THE PASSIVE POINTS WASTED ON FLASK EFFECT/LIFE HOW DO WE DEAL DAMAGE?

This was the hardest problem to solve, since we have a very low amount of avaible passive points i've come up with this solution:

This gem has no cap and can give us the damage we need if we can spend and generate extremely large amounts of mana constantly.

How do we spend enough mana

Indigon to increase mana costs

And soul taker to still be able to attack (and spend mana)

How do we generate the mana

Since we can take huge amounts of hit damage and not die we can use mana recoup to refill or mana pool after each attack.

Our source of recoup are mana mastery, gear and watcher's eye

And to be sure we are always taking damage our skill of choice is boneshatter.

WHAT ABOUT DAMAGE OVER TIME?

Since we are constantly hitting ourselves with boneshatter we can use the excess healing from recoup to counteract the damage of dots; to ensure we have enough recoup we use the new "tattoo of the bloodlines" (wich is affected by both warrior's tale and might of the meek) with ten tattoos of different tribes to gain 50% increased life/mana and es recovery rate.

This is enough to tank most dots as long as we attacked/were attacked in the last 4 seconds.

For small dots we are also using the flask craft 3% increased life regeneration rate on our bismuth.

HOW DOES SOMEONE MAP WITH THIS BUILD?

To map with this build we swap our bismuth flask with

this allows us to abuse our insane amount of flask effect to improve the usual lackluster clearspeed of a ramping build; we are also using
so our mobility via leap slam (265% increased attack speed) and "running" (around 100% increased movement speed) is acceptable.

OTHER SMALL BUILD DETAILS/QUESTION I'VE BEEN ASKED

How do you sustain alchemis genius?

Spoiler

To have 100% uptime on alchemist genius we need to generate enough charges to trigger a flask every 3 seconds (so every time we gain charges).

Why not 4 if the buff duration is 4? because the pathfinder ascendancy does not generate charges each second but every 3...this means that if we, for example, generate 2.5 charges per second and our bismuth needs 9 charges per use we will need 2 cycles of charges gained to regain the buff (so 6 seconds) giving us imperfect uptime.

To achieve the perfect 3 second buff refresh we need:
- Some nodes on the tree/ascendancy (see pob)
- A belt with 20% reduced charges used (19% is fine too)
- A bismuth flask with T1 increased charges gained/reduced effect
- The essence estraction anoint on our amulet (25%)

While mapping we don't need 100% uptime because we frequently gain charges by killing enemies so we can swap our bismuth for Oriath's end.

Why uul-netol vow?

Spoiler

This amulet

gives us another link increasing the base mana cost of our main skill (and by doing so lowering our ramp time) but it's by no means necessary

Why iron reflexes?

Spoiler
It's just to remove perfect agony, any keystone that doesn't brick the build will do and in particular unwavering stance and call to arms would be upgrades (i could drop stun avoidance tattoos for example)

Why all the accuracy?

Spoiler
Precise technique

How do you cast battlemage's cry after ramping?

Spoiler

I don't because it's not an attack (soul taker doesn't work), this is why it's not included in the dps calculations of pob, it's still useful to increase you early damage/while mapping.

Is all the ancestral totem stuff really usable? what if the totem dies?

Spoiler

I use
for this exact reason.

You can check my exarch/eater kills to see the uptime (and i'm not a good player)

What's the point of manabond?

Spoiler

To speed up the mana consumption/indigon ramp (manabond base cost in a % of my unreserved mana)

HOW DID YOU CRAFT SOME OF YOUR GEAR?

Belt

Spoiler

- buy base (ilvl 84 if you want the possibility of t1 % life from hunter otherwise the lower the item level the easier is to roll the suffixes)
- use 4 fertile catalysts
- spam essence of horror until "reduced flask charges used" and open prefix (if no open prefix either annul or use beast craft prefix to suffix if there is an empty suffix)
- suffix cannot be changed/wild bristle matron
- Aisling or veiled chaos (veiled can fill prefixes and brick)
- Block evasion and armor and unveil "increased flask effect/reduced flask charges gained"
- Use hunter exalt for % life (36% chance for any random tier)
- DIVINE SUFFIXES
- suffix cannot be changed
- DIVINE PREFIXES
- craft mana

Prefixes can be improved but it's expensive.

Gloves

Spoiler

- buy fractured base or farm it (drops only from delve mana nodes it's not super rare but it's useless for most people so no one is selling them)
- Spam essence of misery until t1 life and open prefix (or any amount of life you think is enough)
- can have 3 crafted modifiers,prefix cannot be changed, craft any prefix
- aisling
- block a suffix and unveil attack speed while focused (if you fail you can use eldricht currency do clear suffixes)
- craft +0.2m to strike range (QoL)
- slam the last mod
- do your eldricht implicits (you need 20% impale for 100% chance total and i also strongly recomend the +2 strike targets.

Shield

Spoiler

Get it from rog/trade (only evasion/es can roll both mana and accuracy/as), you don't care about evasion/block

Rings

Spoiler
Buy them from trade, you want mana/life/accuracy and to fix your attributes

That's it.

EDIT: Added uber sirus :)
EDIT 2: Added different pob with life flask to counteract ground degens/strong dots.
Dernière édition par Mindchaox, le 23 oct. 2023 19:45:12
Dernier bump le 16 nov. 2023 14:51:51
great writing and interesting mechanics!!
my builds:
- COLB (Cast On Last Breath) first ever build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1632595
- the Flash: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1367774
- the oro's bridle build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1409823
interesting build, i dont think i will do it but you gave me a new perspective, thanks.
Nice build my dude...hope you can find a way to get it working for Sirus too
https://pobb.in/L60JYUhu437H
Spent some time working on this, would this be ok for DEEP DEPP delve?
Was thinking about using the flask for dmg taken leeched + Vaal Pact for dots
Dernière édition par Nates_TraderOne, le 7 oct. 2023 15:00:31
"
Nates_TraderOne a écrit :
https://pobb.in/L60JYUhu437H
Spent some time working on this, would this be ok for DEEP DEPP delve?
Was thinking about using the flask for dmg taken leeched + Vaal Pact for dots

The problem is that you can't survive your own boneshatter damage without a way to mitigate it.

You can already see in my videos that when around 50 stacks most of my hp bar is depleted because the delayed damage i take every server tick from trauma is getting close to my max avaible hp.

This is why this build doesn't even use divergent boneshatter, because it's not made to sustain high trauma in the first place, trauma is used primary to generate mana and life recovery.

If you want to adapt the build to get large amounts of trauma i would try to swap the bismuth with a taste of hate and impale with cold conversion to have mitigation for the high boneshatter stacks. I would also have to rebalance resistances and ideally use a rare chest with flask effect and get recoup somewhere else (so you can get the essence mod phys taken as cold). I would also replace the pride with purity of elements to try to get as close as possible to 100% phys taken as cold.

This would also drastically slow down the ramp tho because the damage intake would be much much lower (with current flask effect taste of hate would give 66% less cold damage taken).
Dernière édition par Mindchaox, le 8 oct. 2023 11:20:44
I was wondering if the dmg taken leeched as life flask would do anything good with vaal pact for sustain but I do not understand how the "buffer" works, would need to greater understanding how that works in order to min max this and push the damage in order to take down deep delve.
"
Nates_TraderOne a écrit :
I was wondering if the dmg taken leeched as life flask would do anything good with vaal pact for sustain but I do not understand how the "buffer" works, would need to greater understanding how that works in order to min max this and push the damage in order to take down deep delve.

I'll try to explaing a bit better.

Usually when you get hit you take damage and your health goes down, with 300% progenesis when i take damage instead of losing life instantly i will lose it over 4 seconds.

The more i get hit the bigger the damage that is dealt over 4 seconds.

With 100%+ recoup an equal or higher amount of hp is recovered over those 4 seconds so, in theory i should be immortal right?

This is not the case becouse of how the game applies damage and recovery; i'll give you an example

Let's say that i have 4000 unreserved life and 100% recoup and i get hit by a 100000 damage hit, this is what happens every 33ms:

- recovery is applied (+825 hp, total hp still 4000)
- life status is checked (full life/low life)
- damage is applied (-825 hp, total hp 3175)

The next 33ms this will happen:

- recovery is applied (+825 hp, back to full 4000)
- damage is applied (-825 hp, total hp back to 3175)

But what happens if i get hit again while i'm already delaying damage? let's say that i get hit again by a massive 400000 damage hit now this is what happens each 33ms:

- recovery is applied (+825 hp from the previous hit, +3300 hp from the massive hit, back to full 4000)
- damage is applied (-825 hp from the previous hit, -3300 hp from the massive hit, total negative 125 hp)

And since i am now at zero (or less) hp i die and cannot recover life anymore.

This is why i mention an hp "buffer", if i had, for example, 5000 hp avaible (or damage reduction) i would have been able to survive the 400000 hit just fine.

What if, like you said, i also have a massive amount of leech? let's say an impossible 80000 healing per second, the following would happen:

- recovery is applied (+825 hp from the previous hit, +3300 hp from the massive hit,
+2640 hp from leech, back to full 4000)
- damage is applied (-825 hp from the previous hit, -3300 hp from the massive hit, total negative 125 hp)

Result? I still die and leech did nothing useful because it was applied during the recovery step.

What if instead of leech i had fortify the whole time? (a 20% damage reduction from hits)

- recovery is applied (+660 hp from the first hit (less than before because less damage is taken), +2640 hp from the massive hit, back to full 4000)
- damage is applied (-660 hp from the first hit, -2640 hp from the massive hit, total 700 hp)

Now i'm alive and can keep recovering the life i lose via recoup.

This is why if you want to survive higher boneshatter stack/damge taken you need damage reduction OR higher hp and not recovery.

I hope this explains a bit better.
Dernière édition par Mindchaox, le 9 oct. 2023 12:49:44
So what I got from that is that that the amount you can tank is [Hp x (1/% of unmitigated damage to mitigated x tickrate 30.3]
I did some pob'ing and its is possible to get 100% phys taken as elemental 49% from taste of hate if you use 2 flask and 70% effect it would be 60% but would make the build very hard to res cap, 28% from corrupted dawnbreaker, and a 2 mod purity of elements watchers eye for last 23%.

With a basic 4000 life that would come out to 2m worth of hits over the 4 seconds which is an improvement but will not allow for 1,000 trauma stacks with divergent boneshatter attacking at 90.9 attacks per second like I was originally thinking.
Dernière édition par Nates_TraderOne, le 9 oct. 2023 19:31:09

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires