[3.22] Call an ambulance frenzy slayer build guide - High speed meme/dream SC build

Intro
Do you miss the days of dark pact berserker builds that are always an inch from death? Do you prefer to fill most slots with unique items? Do you wish backtracking didn't take so long? Have you ever wondered what the attack speed cap looks like?

With the new trauma support gem, and tattoos to enable absurd charge stacking you'll soon be ready to call an ambulance (but not for me (probably)).

Pros
-Absurd clear speed regardless of map density (over +300% move speed)
-Very safe most at the time, you can tank almost anything that doesn't oneshot you
-Massive DPS potential with a reasonable level of investment
-Straightforward to gear, most slots are uniques so very little crafting required

Cons
-Dies horribly to charge removal mobs (they don't actually kill you, you kill yourself)
-Struggles when you have to stop hitting things for a bit e.g. phased bosses
-Useless at sideshow content e.g. Sanctum, Heist
-Struggles with a quite a few map mods

POB link
https://pastebin.com/wYzyHtA7 - current build (see final thoughts - things to improve below)

How it works
Spoiler

Charge stacking
The build revolves around stacking frenzy and endurance charges to the max. We do this by starting with the Badge of the Brotherhood unique amulet:

And the slayer ascendancy notable "Masterful form" to set our maximum frenzy and endurance charges equal to the number of power charges. We then commence power charge stacking with the following:

as well as +3 from the passive tree (1 from anointment), and 1 from the new "Honoured tattoo of the storm" for a total of 12 charges. Note that Graven's secret avoids the downside of Malachai's loop, and we don't want power charges anyway. The choice of helm is irrelevant, any corrupted unique or crafted warlord influenced helm will do the job.

Using charges
The power charge stacking allows us to make incredible use of:

with no downsides. The massive life regen fuels:

Which allows for high uptime of berserk (15 seconds at least before rage even degens vs 5 second cooldown).

This all works with the gems:

to stack our attack speed and damage to the moon. The aim is to reach the attack speed cap while layering enough physical reduction that the keystone "Divine Shield" turns the trauma downside into an upside.

Good old brightbeak is the fastest attacking weapon available and is therefore perfect for the build:

Passive tree and tattoos
If the stat requirements so far look steep, then don't worry we use the following:

The keystone allows to ignore stat requirements and frees up the tree for tattoo usage. The notables rolled here provide +440% increased damage which we reach efficiently with an impossible escape jewel.

The main tattoos we use are:
-Tattoo of the Hinekora Storyteller (blue, +3% skill effect duration)
-Tattoo of the Tukohama Warcaller (red, +10% increased warcry cooldown recovery rate)
-Ancestral tattoo of bloodlines (any, 2% increased Recovery Rate of Life, Mana and Energy Shield per Tribe for which you have an allocated Tattoo)
-Tattoo of the Kitava Makanga (red, 7 adjacent, 80% increased Maximum total Life Recovery per second from Leech)

The first two work together to allow us to chain the buff of enduring cry to keep it permanent. We use the divergent version:

and some points on the tree to gain +3% to PDR per endurance charge. Note that 9% quality is ideal, any extra buff effect is wasted.

The increased duration also buffs trauma stacks, we also get duration from the belt and a timeclasp ring:

Ancestral Tattoo of Bloodlines helps our divine shield, leech, and mana sustain to work better. We need basic (coloured, replace small passive) tattoos of 10 different tribes (e.g. Hinekora) on our tree, we have 3 covered above so we just need 7 more on the tree somewhere. See the POB for one suggested setup.

We have a nice spot for Tattoo of the Kitava Makanga next to call to arms which makes our leech much more potent for only one semi-wasted point.

Build levelling
Spoiler

The build is easy enough to level with whatever you prefer (I used splitting steel).

For the campaign, follow the normal tree except:
-Ignore the diversion for the elegant hubris jewel
-Pick up more of the life nodes along the way (take the whole cluster)
-Pick up an extra damage cluster or two e.g. aggressive bastion
-Pick up the +1 frenzy notable
-Stop at resolute technique, the nodes beyond here are useless for now

For early mapping add the badge of the brotherhood, malachai's loop, graven's secret and replica restless ward. This alone is a strong enough combo to run yellow tier maps pretty comfortably with the main gem setup. Resist requirements are covered nicely by the endurance charge stack

How to play the build and nitty gritty points
Spoiler

Getting going
Ralakesh impatience boots can be swapped on and off to get your charges going:

Make sure the enduring cry button is held down at all times or will lose the buff. You can add more effect duration or cooldown recovery than is technically required if you want some leeway.

Charge removal monsters
If you hit them fast enough then you can stunlock them to death. This won't always work and they will take all your charges instantly and you will die in one (self) hit. I have no idea how to mitigate this, arguably ralakesh's impatience would work but this would spoil the build.

Phased bosses
These are awkward because you maintain trauma stacks while the divine shield effect runs off, I have fortification duration on the tree for this very reason. Hit them carefully a few times to get divine shield working again (you are going to DPS very very slowly) and the beating can resume.

Trauma self damage reduction
The build stacks PDR from:
-Endurance charges (84%)
-Gruthkul pantheon (5%)
-Precursor ring (12%)
The ring is optional, but we need to overstack PDR a bit somehow to deal with various reduction/overwhelm effects e.g. vulnerability curse. Some curse effect reduction helps here, I use a flask that loops with 65% reduced curse effect for example

We also stack (multiplicatively):
-Fortification (24%-26%)
-Arctic armour (21%-23%)
-Bereserk (20%-27%)
-10% reduced damage taken from slayer

Increased ES recovery from the ancestral tattoo and a watcher eye are very helpful too in terms of overcoming the self damage:

We need to avoid shock at all costs, we can do this with a flask that triggers when shocked (poor man option) or a jewel/boot setup (example jewel setup below):

Mana sustain
Once we get going the mana recoup on timeclasp does the job, prior to this we need a combo of:
-Flat mana cost reduction on rings
-% Mana cost reduction on boot enchant
-% Mana cost reduction on flask craft
-% Of mana cost as life from mastery
-Mana leech from somewhere (jewel, ring)
4 of the 5 should do the job, or just use lifetap support

Map mods to avoid
We need to avoid:
-Buffs expire faster
-Cannot leech
-Monsters steal charges
-Cannot regen
-Less cooldown recovery
-Less life/es recovery
This is roughly 1 in 3 rare map rolls

Final thoughts
Spoiler

Things to improve
The build I linked is my current build, and is by no means complete. I would like to add:
-Berserk effect enchant on helm
-Cap chaos resistance
-Better influence on boots
-Forbidden flame/flesh jewels
-Phantasmal protector, divergent arctic armour, lvl 21 trauma gem

Build variations
-Drop Iron Reflexes and build a useful amount of evasion. This needs a a tighter setup and the armour evasion cluster next to iron reflexes to meet the armour > ES requirement of divine shield

Lots of choices for forbidden flame/flesh
-Unstoppable hero - %IAS, armour + evasion helps with the no iron relexes build
-First to strike, last to fall - PDR, %IAS with a petrified blood setup. You could even go champion with this and pick up masterful form from the jewels
-Conqueror - 10% reduced damage is very nice (11.1% stacked with slayer)
-Outmatch and outlast - PDR and more damage, frees up the ring slot
-Arena challeger - Masive attack speed boost, needs enlighten setup. Could even go with frostbreath and hit the attack speed cap while dealing double damage.

-Harcore variation with Nebuloch, there are some people running this setup. More life, less ES and a lot more restraint required.

Outstanding issues
Chaos damage is a real crack in the armour. It doesn't trigger any sort of ES regen so we have to rely on our strong leech and capped res to survive. I also chose the 30% chaos from ES mastery over the 10% less PD taken at max shield

Charge removal seems almost absurdly unfair, I have no solution. It feels like there is a missing mastery (e.g. effect of charges linger for 4 seconds) to help us work around the problem by spending a few points.

Let me know if you try the build how you get on. I'd love to hear any suggestions or ideas for variations.

Credit to OverlordCharlie who I nicked a lot of ideas from through poe.ninja
Dernière édition par Planktonboy, le 21 sept. 2023 08:02:34
Dernier bump le 22 sept. 2023 13:12:36
ty for sharing the build
Dernière édition par goldengoblin, le 22 sept. 2023 14:51:38

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires