[3.21] Tainted Pact Self-Poison Molten Strike Slayer / 10M+ HEAL PER SEC and 30M+ DPS

Greetings, Exiles! This is the first guide I've written. And I am not an English speaker so there may be some unnatural expressions in the text.

Okay, this build is a Showcase for becoming an immortal monster using Tainted Pact, the new Unique Amulet in 3.21. In a word, this build converts The Golden Rule's massive amount of self-poisoning into Heal.
To take on the massive amount of poison, we use the combo of Pneumatic Dagger + Molten Strike + Vengeant Cascade. (Thanks Goratha!)
Then we use Slayer and The Writhing Jar to gain overleech and maximize leech duration, and run Parma Utility Flasks in combination with The Traitor to invest in flask nodes for Worms. Later, stack Phys dmg taken as ele for mitigation.
And you have an immortal monster! All your wounds will be healed in the next server tick. Let's run every content.

This guide does not go into detail on end game builds. Scale the mitigation and DPS cap as you wish.

pros
-Insane Heal Per Sec! (Over 10M)
-Excellent damage in early game, scaling well afterwards
-Simple combat. Press worm button, and srtike with no moving (except for like Maven and Atziri)
-Fast movement with AS + Whirling Blade
-Easy Bossing
-All content can be played

cons
-FUCKING SPAM FLASK BUTTONS or DIE
-Mapping speed is not good / We don't use Plague Bearer
-dot dps caps will FRUSTRATE you
-Harbinger is not viable (not sure why, maybe problems with life leech)
-Not the best efficiency for any content. Bossing is not fast due to the DPS cap, and the melee and attack range is not wide enough for Legion or Breach.

PoB and Video

https://pobb.in/HYhylLtqEv12
PoB was incorrect. With this setup, it is one-shotted by Shaper Ball.
The fix is easy, just equip Icefang Orbit and transfer PP to Life to Poison chanse and Life to 3800+.
Here is the correct POB.
And here is the Uber Elder showcase.
https://youtu.be/HCC4ZhQRj9Y

The Magma ball hit count is set at 20 hits (2 hits since the melee hit is twice the damage of the proj hit, 7 hits assuming the balls hit 2/3 of the total number, 11 hits for the returned balls, 20 hits total).
Probably more, almost maximum hits.

Core Systems

Why Slayer? Why Wormblast? Why use Parma Flasks? Why stacking damage convert?

The combo of Tainted Pact and The Golden Rule is cool at first sight. Over 10M HPS!
(Look at the DPS with Temporal Chains disabled in the POB, I don't see the need for that!)
However, there is one serious defect in Tainted Pact - the difficulty in ensuring leech duration. Poison builds generally do not scale hit damage. Therefore, the resulting life leech instance will always be small, and the poison duration will exceed the leech duration.
In other words? The Rule stated in the Pact is "you die at the end of the combat".

We need to get big Life leech instances from small hit damage. This is why Slayer & Worm-strike.
By combining Slayer ascendancy passive's Endless Hunger (which leech 20% of Overkill Damage) with the Worm called by The Writhing Jar, You will gain a large life leech instance and poison for each Worm hit! If your minimum hit damage is greater than your maximum Life, it means you will keep your 5 seconds of Life leech.
Now all you have to do is re-use The Writhing Jar within 5 seconds. So we take advantage of the fact that The Writhing Jar is a Hybrid Flask - simply put, with the Replenishing Remedies node and its Flask Mastery, The Writhing Jar gains 8 charge every 3 seconds. After that increase the "Flask charge gain" and "Reduce charge per use" enough, and the Worm Jar can be used every 3 seconds - an invulnerable monster is born! Grrrrrrrr!

Oops, we also need a way to inflict poison.
In dealing with poison, I was referring to Goratha's build of poison Molten Strike, where the Pneumatic Dagger gives you a lot of poison damage from ele damage.
This build type is really good, you don't need a specialized poison build like Assassin to get enough DPS, and the growth for the investment is great. Thanks Goratha!
There is also an excellent build guide for the Pathfinder type on Reddit. Search for it if you are interested.

Now, your investment in the Flask node to produce the Worm you eat will also enhance your Utility Flasks. But you are not a Pathfinder, so you have no Utility Flasks charge gain. The solution to this is Red Implicit in Body armour or The Traitor in Timeless jewel Keystone.
BTW, you got the insane HPS. But it is useless if your Life is reduced to 0 with a single blow. You need a little more reinforcement on defense. You need Mitigation to protect being Oneshot. But since you have invested in a poison build, the passive tree necessarily extends to the right half of the tree. This means that it is difficult to get Armour.
So you get mitigation, converting Phy dmg to Ele dmg with Lightning Coil + Dawnbreaker + Tate of Hate + Influenced Helmet and using tri color less Ele dmg taken Flasks.
Body armor was filled with unique so we had to use The Traitor for Flask charger, Brutal Restraint has Onslaught on kill so it works well with Wormstrike as well.
In addition, we are freed from the constraints of Determination and Grace by not using AR/EV and can stack a lot of Offensive Aura from early game. Also, since we get our resistance from Flask, we can use a lot of unique equipment. This makes early game easier because you can get enough DPS at a lower cost.

Passives and Ascendancy

We will pick up only the important parts.
Brutal Fervour - Bane of Legend - Endless Hunger - Headsman
Endless Hunger is important but don't rush to take it, you need roughly 70+ levels to be able to perform Pact-Rule. Headsman gives you the best Culling strike.
Attack Mastery - add 1 target
*** Without this, Wormblast will be extremely difficult! *** It is effectively an attack length extension and auto-aim.
Projectile Mastery - less proj speed
Slowing down the proj speed makes Molten Strike much easier to overlap.
Whispers of Doom
Temporal Chain and Despair are both very powerful and must be acquired. In the end game, use Impossible Escape to take it.

Gear

Pneumatic Dagger
Ele dmg can be used to inflict poison. Core of Poison Molten Strike.
In early game, it is enough to craft with Essence of Anger. Roughly 15-20 essences is all you need. look for T3 AS and flat dmg. At first, put on "Hits can't be Evaded" to save investment in Accuracy.
Crucible mod is not necessary to reach DPS cap. But if you want to reach the dot cap in Uber Pinnacle Bosses, you need to make it strictly. What you need is Elemental Overload, AS, flat ele dmg, empower Wither, dot, add cold per dex, and anything else that improves DPS.

Lightning Coil + Dawnbreaker + Tate of Hate + Helmet
Ignore Phys dmg setup.
Blizzard Crown is best for Helmet, but since you can't use EoW Implicit in BC, you need Crusader Influence. Additionally, I would like to have the Hunter mod -9% chaos resi. To begin with, we need the "Molten Strike add 2 projectiles" enchantment. So this is an end game crafting item. Until then, I will use a Helmet with enchant and damage convert with the veiled mod added.
If you can't prepare this setup, you should invest enough in AR or EV to change your Flask to a setup accordingly.
For end game you can change to rare armour. Get a damage convert such as a shield Corrupt Implicit or Watchers' Eye jewel.

Abhorrent Interrogation
AS & Wither & reduce ele resi, best match.
This build cannot inflict Wither on its own like Pathfinder, so you need some way to do it. In end game, aim for Double Corrupt, including Temporal Chains on hit.

Annihilation's Approach
Parma Adrenaline, be chad.
If you do not have enough poison damage it will kill you. Use as temporary buff for Bossing until you can sustain it with the 2 poison stacks you get from Wormsrtike, and make Corrupt a suppression.

Icefang Orbit ( and Rare Ring )
Chill, Shatter, inc poison damage. and chance to poison gives you more room for your passive points. It is a cheap ring, so be selective about Corrupt mods. It is better in DPS than most rare rings, but you can substitute Yellow to compensate for resi. Try Hunter ring crafting with a large amount of Delirium Essence in the end game.
There is no need to craft minus mana cost for Rare Ring - Mana gain on hit and Life Mastery's skill cost life instead mana is sufficient.

Stygian Vise & Abyss jewel
Bread and Butter for all Exiles. Wormblast allows you to use the killed recently mod on bosses. Naturally, I will change it when I get Mageblood.

Tainted Pact
The core of this build and my toy in 3.21.
Modifier doesn't matter, pick a good corrupt mod. Plus max resi is better. And anoint Vengeant cascade.

The Golden Rule
Self-poison. Plus there is 100% chaos resist. However, you have to give poison to your opponent, so if the resi is too low, you will be oneshot immediately after the start of the battle. You should ensure 20-40% by other means.

Brutal Restraint (The Traitor)
Onslaught on kill is an absolute must. it is better to go for max hit taken rather than DPS. It shouldn't be too expensive.

Flasks
Taste of Hate and Ruby & Topaz Flasks. Prefix should be "Alchemist's" type. Parma Flasks should be available for T2 (Dabber's) and above if you have enough investment. Remember that the tier of this mod only affects duration.
Suffix requires T1 AS and the other can be anything. I have put in all ele resi.

Gems

"
Phantasmal Molten Strike - Multistrike - GMP - Unbound Ailments - Vicious Projectiles - Awakened Add Chaos / Add Lightning or Elemental Focus

Awakened Add Chaos is cheaper and more powerful for the Sixth Gem, while Awakened Ele Focus is slightly better in DPS but loses elemental Ailment.
Priority to replace Awakened gem is UA>VP>Multi>GMP.
***DON'T USE DEADLY AILMENT!*** You lose a lot of Hit Damage, which causes major problems with Life Leech duration. Only switch to it if you have enough Hit Damage in the end game.
"
Temporal Chains Lv13 - CWDT Lv10 - Lifetap - Immortal Call Lv12

TC's "effect expire 40% slower" does not change with level, so it does not affect DPS if cast in CWDT. In the future, it will be used with glove's corrupt mod.
Immortal Call is better than other guard skills. It can be used as an emergency defense without automation.
I do not know the optimal level of CWDT. I would appreciate your input. I am currently trying to run it at Lv 20.
"
Despair - Blood Rage - Increase duration - Ancestral Protector

Despair can be automated. Blood Rage's Frenzy Charge on kill is also good.
If you can't use Despair due to lack of unreserved mana, move Totem to another socket and put in Lifetap.
"
Whirling Blade - Faster Attack - Lifetap

Great Movement skill for Dagger users, also good for Shield Charge.
"
Divergent Malevolence - Anger - (Divergent) Herald of Agony - Enlighten Lv3

Does not need defensive aura! Excellent.
Divergent Herald gives you an additional 20% Chance to poison. This saves Passive points and allows time to remove Icefang Orbit. As a prep for using the Endgame Ring.
"
Vaal Arctic Armour or Blood and Sand or War Banner

Use Vaal Arctic Armour as a way to get around Dodge Phases like Memory game.
If you have a Lv4 Enlighten + Reservation eff mod helmet, you can also use regular Arctic Armour. Otherwise, use Blood and Sand if you don't need Accuracy, otherwise Banner.
Add Purity of Elements in end game.
"
Frostblink

For movement during combat, Flamedash is also ok.

Others

-Plague Bearer issue / need mapping skills
PB is a good mapping skill for a poison build. However, this build does not use it - while it is active, the invoked Worm will die before it can hit you.
It is also quite dangerous if you are attacked while infesting. Since this build depends on the Tainted pact's excessive resilience for its healing ability, there is no means of emergency recovery.
If you must use PB, you must quickly press PB>Flask>Molten Strike at the moment your health decreases. I decided not to use it because I don't want to play League of Legends during Farming.
You can use Anomalous Lighrning Strike instead, which is good enough for mapping, although the DPS is much lower. The problem is that it is a Green Gem and cannot be replaced with Molten Strike, so you will have to prepare a White Socket or replace it with Vicious Projectiles and use it as a 5L.

-Poison duration and Leech
When I said "SPAM FLASK" earlier, this is not correct. The correct term was " if your poison duration is longer than the Life Leech duration, SPAM FLASK".
Normally the Leech duration from Wormblast is 5s. Check the PoB for the Poison duration not including Temporal Chain. If it is less than 5s, then spamming is enough only during the battle. Once you eat the Worm after the battle, the Tainted Pact will protect you until the poison is gone.
Another case is when your Hit Damage is too low and your Life Leech duration falls below your poison duration. In that case, enhance your weapons and aura to make your minimum Hit Damage higher than your Life. You can lower Max Life, but it is not recommended.
(More precisely, you get 1s Leech duration for every 20% of your Life you have in Hit Damage. If you set it too close to the limit, there is a possibility that the system will fail due to some debuff, so I recommend you to extend Hit Damage honestly.)
There is more! When you hit an enemy with the Whirling Blade, it will inflict poison on the enemy. This is a small amount of damage, but enough to kill you. Eat the Worm once if you cross a crowd of enemies.
...Need Parma Adrenaline? SPAM FLASK.

-Unworkable Map Mods?
Reduce gain flask charge, can't Leech, and Reflect ele damage.
-x max resi mod sometimes kills you, but you are getting less ele damage from the flask, its no problem for a Map boss or so.
Also Temporal Chain will punish your laziness, so SPAM with caution.
For low budgets, some mods that reduce damage can also screw up the system.
-I don't know why it died, it was not suicide.
If you are killed by an enemy that can't take you down in one hit, the most likely scenario is that you are attacked by multiple powerful enemies at the same time. You will recover all of your Life for each server-tick, but if the enemy attacks overlap in the same server-tick, your recovery will not be able to keep up. This can happen if you are fighting an excessive amount of monsters - yes, I mean 100% Crucible Enemy!
The solution is simple - More Power! Otherwise, once you are kiting a small distance, try to shift the number of times your opponent attacks.
-Tank potential
Almost face tankable except Atziri's Flameblast, Memory game, and Sirus's Meteor.
I am not good at resistance penetration. This is also true in Endgame.
A very cheap badget can easily kill Pinnacle Boss if it avoids dangerous attacks, but it will be easier if it is durable enough not to die from Shaper Ball.
Can Ubers?
Difficult. But it is a problem that can be solved with investment.
Ubers can be problematic: if you lose a lot of damage due to the Uber Map Mod, you lose Life Leech Instance as well. So if you don't have enough hit damage you will be killing yourself all over again. I managed to clear the game when I tested it on Exarch, but it will be difficult with the level of equipment in the guide. You need a good weapon, Jewelry, and a good Crucible Passive.
It still has a DPS of about 10M against Uber Bosses, so as soon as the Leech Duration problem is solved, it is ready to go.
The current build is not perfect in durability as well, as you need to avoid Shaper ball, Maven Fireball, etc.
However, it also means that if we avoid the attacks as we do in other builds, we should be fine.
-League Starter?
Maybe. but not a great starter. Clear Act-run with poisonous concussion, buy Pneumatic Dagger and build poison Molten Strike. You can do the rest in reverse order as long as you build PMS.
-Mana issue
Get the Primal Spirit node, which gives you 4 mana gain on hit. And you can hit more than 60 times in one skill activation.
If you don't have enough unreserved mana, use Lifetap.
-Life is not restored to maximum!
The game apparently resolves recovery first and damage later when recovery and damage occur in the same server tick. So if you are taking dot damage from Annihilation's approach or something and you are offsetting it with recovery, your health will always be reduced by the dot damage per server tick.
-other build type
As you may have noticed, Independing Doom Poison Occ can run Pact-Rule in the same way using Crucible passive. It will probably have better mapping but wrong bossing.
-End game gear setup
Here is what I am working towards now. I will add that when I reach the finished product.
Better dagger, better DPS, of course. Get Accuracy for that.
On the defensive side, you get Spell Suppression first. Actually, since Unique Armour is all DEX type armor, you get +15% suppression from Evasion Mastery.
Then change the lightning coil for mitigation. First get a Watcher with 20%+ damage convert. Then craft a dex type body armor with Onslaught on hit or Mana Reservation from Essence, damage convert, and "Flask charge gain" red implicit. (You will probably rely on Aisling many times, so use your Eldrich currency well!)
Then, change Timeless jewel to Lethal Pride to get damage convert and Strength of blood. Then increase jewel slots with cluster jewel and get Fortification with Forbidden Flame/Flesh. Then Progenesis.
Finally, I would change the Body armor again along with getting Mageblood.
Then we will readjust the Aura.

Thanks for reading! This is one of the best builds I have developed myself.
I started with 3.20 , and this game is really great. It is so complicated that I can't see the bottom of it. The game has tons of synergies and I can build incredibly powerful characters. It seems like I can play as much as I want.
If I come up with another fun build, I will post it!

Cheers From Japan,
Dernière édition par parlnet, le 24 mai 2023 10:15:50
Dernier bump le 24 mai 2023 10:04:34
Do you happen to have a video of the build? :)
"
GravitIce a écrit :
Do you happen to have a video of the build? :)

I am editing the video now! Wait a few days.
Mapping and kill videos of the Pinnacle Bosses.
Sorry, it took me a while to make this video.
This is a showcase video for Uber Elder!
https://youtu.be/HCC4ZhQRj9Y

Now I am updating my build to be able to clear Uber bosses as well as the video.
Dernière édition par parlnet, le 24 mai 2023 10:04:48

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires