[3.15] Earthbreaker EQ Totem Bleed Build- Not active

Hello there Exiles

A small introduction:

Im Joen, a huge fan of this amazing game, that so many of us has enjoyed for years.
I felt like it was time for me. to make my very own build. I dont think anybody else has designed something similar, as far as i know of. But in case i missed anything feel free to msg me, so i can give credit where credit is due.
I always had a thing for totem builds, and i've played melee bleed earthquake before, so i thought to myself: Why not just combine the two of them.

This buildguide is still a work in progress, it should be done in time for the new league (3.16), i will update the different sections based on the patchnotes, that GGG will disclose in a few weeks.

Pros & Cons
Spoiler
Pros:
-Defensive playstyle, Totems will take care of business
-You can warcry and dodge manually without losing out on dealing dmg
-The playstyle should be Newbie friendly

Cons:
-Totem playstyle is not for everyone, if you like to do the work yourself,then this isn't for you!
-The clear of maps aren't going to be fast, mainly because i decided not to use Less duration support in the main setup, because i wanted to focus on dealing more damage.
-Totems aren't leeching life to you, so you have to rely on your own life regen & warcry (Enduring cry)

Class choice
Spoiler
I decided to go with the Gladiator, primarily because it gives some much needed defence, in this case a ton of both block to attacks & spells.
Furthermore it gives us some physical damage over time, which helps us deliever more bleed damage.

Ascendancy
Spoiler
I picked these ascendancy nodes in the following order:
1. Blood in the eyes
2. Gratuitous Violence
3. Painforged
4. Versatile Combatent

Gems
Spoiler

Totem setup ,Socket in body armour
Gems in priority of importance:
1. Earthbreaker lvl 20
2. Earthquake lvl 20
3. chance to bleed lvl 20
4. melee physical damage support lvl 20
5. Unbound ailments lvl 20
6. Brutality or LifeTap lvl 20
Note: I have considered Cruelty support, i just don't have any way to correctly calculate the damage it adds, so using Cruelty support might be worth it. Some testing is needed to dertermine whether it's worth it, or not.

WHY not use LIFE TAP in the main setup?:
Its possible to swap brutality for Lifetap, by doing that all mana issues will be solved, and an enduring manaflask is no longer needed.
Furthermore, by using lifetap, makes it possible for us to reserve more mana% for 1 extra aura (WAR BANNER) & linking MAIM support to Herald of purity, monsters will be then be maimed. By making the swap our damage will increase, a little, and the playstyle will be more comfortable. You could afterall also swap in deadly ailments instead of Lifetap/brutality, but then again might feel worse than simply using lifetap -> A long rant about how lifetap rocks!

I want my totems to use EQ with less duration:
If you want the Earthquake to have less duration, then it's possible to swap Melee physical damage support for Less duration support. The result is several million dps loss, but it might make clearing smoother, quite alot. (even with less duration, each totem will still do 3.4mill dps, so all 3 totems combined will still deliever quite alot of damage.

Movement setup ,Socket in boots
1. Shield charge or Leap slam lvl 1
2. Faster attacks lvl 20
3. Fortify lvl 20
4. Lifetap lvl 20

Warcry & CWDT ,Socket in helmet
1. Enduring cry lvl 20
2. Cast when damage taken lvl 10
3. Steel skin lvl 15
4. Life tap lvl 20

Cwdt & Tempest shield ,Socket in weapon
1. Cwdt lvl 1
2. Tempest shield lvl 7
3. Life tap lvl 20

Auras & Buffs ,Socket in shield or gloves
1. Pride lvl 20
2. Herald of purity lvl 20
3. You can use War banner & link MAIM support to Herald of purity if you're using Lifetap instead of Brutality support in your main setup.

Note about ensnaring arrow: We are using ENSNARING ARROW on stationary bosses, because it will make them count as "moving" which makes them take additional bleed damage. So swap to the bow, shoot the boss before spamming your totems.
OFFHAND weapon slot socketed in your secondary weaponslot
1. Ensnaring arrow
2. Greater multiple projectile support
3. Increased duration support

Gear
Spoiler

Mandatory uniques:
Jack, the axe
https://pathofexile.fandom.com/wiki/Jack,_the_Axe
I went with that specific axe because it gives us a nice buff effect, for a low cost. It gives us life sustain (life regen), whenever we are near bleeding enemies - Which should be all the time.

Rare Items:
Shield:
Rare shield, priority of mods:
1. +1 to summoned totems
2. Life / resists if possible

Helmet:
Deidbell, the upgraded version or any
Rare helmet, priority of mods:
1. Nearby enemies takes increased physical damage (pricy - endgame mod)
2. Max Life
3. Fill in resists if youre missing any

Gloves:
Rare gloves priority of mods in the following order:
1. Physical damage over time %
2. Max life, resist
3. Attributes if youre lacking dex/int

Boots:
Rare boots, priority of mods:
1. Max life
2. Movement speed 20-30%
3. resists

Amulet:
Rare amulet, priority of mods:
1. Physical damage over time %
2. Physical damage to attack (flat phys)
3. Max life
4. Resists/ attributes

Ring(s):
Rare ring nr.1, priority of mods:
1. Vulnerability curse on hit
2. Max life
3. physical damage to attacks
4. Resists / attributes

Rare ring nr.2, priority of mods:
1. Max life
2. Atrributes / resists if youre missing any
3. physical damage to attacks or whatever you want.

Body armour:
Unique options:
Belly of the beast (offers high life / some resist)
https://pathofexile.fandom.com/wiki/Belly_of_the_Beast
or
Craiceann's Carapace (offers high life, bleed immunity and some resists)
https://pathofexile.fandom.com/wiki/Craiceann%27s_Carapace

Belt:
Rare belt (stygian, leather or rustic sash base), priority of mods:
1. Max life & % max life (if possible)
2. resists

Bow
Quillrain (for ensnaring arrow on stationary bosses)

Passive Tree and Path of building
Spoiler
Use the community Fork Version of Path of building, click the link:
https://pathofbuilding.community/#:~:text=Path%20of%20Building%20Community%20is%20a%20fork%20of,is%20integrated%20as%20well.%20Want%20to%20join%20us%3F

-Import the following pastebin, for the highest dps output version of the build: https://pastebin.com/XDBp3L0J

-Import the following pastebin, for the version of the build that allows a less duration of your EQ attacks:
https://pastebin.com/cSgErLTr

Ive created some custom gear on pob, just to give you guys an idea about possible gear choices. I've on purpose not added anything super empowered or hard to get items, so it should be beginner friendly.

Video
Spoiler
It's a work in progress, videoes will be posted here in the future

Question's you might have:
Spoiler

How do we avoid dying?:
- We have a decent life pool
- We have a semi high lvled Cast when damage taken setup with Steelskin, that will mitigate some of the damage we take, if we take a substantiel amount of damage
- We have the life regen from enduring cry, which we can spam quite often, because we got a bunch of warcry recovery nodes on the passive tree.
- Jack the Axe grants us a buff that gives us a ton of life regen pr enemy nearby, up to 5 enemies.
- The totems are doing all the heavy lifting, which means that we can take our sweet time and dodge stuff manually.
- We should be capped in both block to spells & attacks.

Will mapping be insanely fast?:
- The short answer is no. The totem playstyle isn't exactly known for being fast,and in this case we are using Earthquake, which is a skill with a delay. So no, mapping will be slow / average, at most.

Is this a boss killer?:
It could be considered a boss killer, mainly because the totem playstyle allows you to dodge boss mechanics, while the totems takes care of the boss. The damage should be decent, so as long as the boss isn't immune to damage over time effects / ailments, then we should be fairly good vs bosses.

Dernière édition par hyyyben, le 17 oct. 2021 19:02:07
Dernier bump le 17 oct. 2021 19:01:48
Reserved
Nice!
Will wait for an update :)
Holy Kuduku show me the way!
"
0xck a écrit :
Nice!
Will wait for an update :)

Hey man, ill work on it before the new league starts.
I need more info about the new league (manifesto/ patchnotes).
Its my first buildguide, and im not great with making videoes, but ill try.

Thanks for replying <3
Interesting build and I hope you keep at it. My only concern is the Jack Axe was 82c at league start last time.
Nice guide. I was thinking about trying to start the league with a glad totem bleed slam just yesterday xD.
The only thing I would like to point it out, is that your DPS is not 12-13mill as you said, it's actually 3mill, since you can only apply 1 bleed at time. I know that the ones who apply the bleeds are your totems, but the bleed is yours, so even if you have 3 totems applying bleeds, only one bleed will deal damage at time.
Having 2-4 totems applying bleed, I think I would run with crimson dance, as it would be easy to mantain the 8 stacks of bleed, and I wouldnt need to weapon swap for the ensnaring arrow, but for the crimson dance, I think I would need to test it to see if its good or not.
"
EsqueletoㆍAvulso a écrit :
Nice guide. I was thinking about trying to start the league with a glad totem bleed slam just yesterday xD.
The only thing I would like to point it out, is that your DPS is not 12-13mill as you said, it's actually 3mill, since you can only apply 1 bleed at time. I know that the ones who apply the bleeds are your totems, but the bleed is yours, so even if you have 3 totems applying bleeds, only one bleed will deal damage at time.
Having 2-4 totems applying bleed, I think I would run with crimson dance, as it would be easy to mantain the 8 stacks of bleed, and I wouldnt need to weapon swap for the ensnaring arrow, but for the crimson dance, I think I would need to test it to see if its good or not.

I didnt know, thanks man.
The guide isnt active, there are coming a bunch of changes to the glad and to the passive tree.

Atm my starter will be a gladiator with spectral shield throw bleed.

If youre interrested then my pob is here: https://pastebin.com/WAiZZeT9

The Spectral shield throw gem is lvl 12, which has the same stats as sst will have at lvl 20 in 3.16, due to the incomming nerfs.

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires