First time slayer... isnt this supposed to be a crit ascendency?

Hello!

Background: im a casual who regularly skips leagues and dont have massive game knowledge, this is the first time i tried slayer so i was confused why it "didnt click".

I went through the game like normal and picked up Overwhelm as 3rd ascendancy. Ended up super underwhelmed.

I picked up crit chance passives as would make sense for an up-and-coming crit build. Ended up at like 25-ish% crit chance before picking up Ovewhelm for a whopping 36% after getting Overwhelm. After googling what is an acceptable % for crit rate even with diamond flask and it was nowhere close.

I spent all my respecs and a handful of respec orbs to remove all the crit, just kept the ones with some accuracy since RT is super far from my tree.

I thought Overwhelm would just click like when i ran assassin back in the day, but it very much didnt.

Did i do something wrong or is crit just not a "spec into" mechanic for slayers and is rather an "invest in gear" thing?
IGN:
Gabotheplaya
(or gabotheplaya since i'm not sure if caps count)
Dernière édition par gabotheplaya, le 27 janv. 2021 01:25:12
Dernier bump le 27 janv. 2021 22:25:14
It is a crit ascendancy, but not for every build. The classic "click it and be strong" crit slayers are ones who run ele hit, because 8% crit thicket bows are strong, and dual ahn's might with pacifism for big crit multi.
"
nightrazr a écrit :
It is a crit ascendancy, but not for every build. The classic "click it and be strong" crit slayers are ones who run ele hit, because 8% crit thicket bows are strong, and dual ahn's might with pacifism for big crit multi.

I see. That reply got confusing fast. Seems Im too meathead for crit slayer.

IGN:
Gabotheplaya
Ah sorry man.

So, assassin gets flat crit like slayer does, but they also get tons of power charges, crit chance everywhere on the ascendancy, and there's crit all over the tree, not to mention that any weapons with int requirements tend to have good base crit and shadow is a hybrid int class.

Slayer gets flat crit, but nowhere near as much crit around him and has some trouble with power charges. There's some good sword and bow crit stuff very nearby at ranger, and good mace and staff crit stuff up toward templar, both of which require you to do some travelling, but can be worth it.

Elemental hit is popular because all the damage comes from the gem, not your weapon. Creating a perfect "elemental hit" bow leaves VERY little room for getting decent crit chance on the weapon itself, so slayer shines.

Ahn's might is a heavy crit multiplier weapon with decent dps, but suffers from 5% base crit which slayer can rectify. As a sword, there are crit options available nearby.

Hope this helps some.
Dernière édition par nightrazr, le 27 janv. 2021 22:09:43
"
nightrazr a écrit :

Hope this helps some.

Got it. In short, i gotta have both itemization and intentiinally travel to support it.

Seems i made a poor choice of starter going for cyclone slayer. Hope i can still reasonably scale it in normal ways... the leeching is fun.
IGN:
Gabotheplaya

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires