[3.13] 1H Impale Cyclone Slayer | Destroy Bosses in Seconds | BUDGET Version Included | Spin to Win

Note: I don't claim that this build is original. This is my first build guide so if you have any suggestions on how to improve this build/guide please reply to this thread or send me a private message.

Make sure to look under the guide for updates!

Changes in 3.13:

- (Rework) Masterful Form - Now grants +1 Frenzy instead of Charge Duration.

- (Rework) Overwhelm - Unnerfed weapon base crit override to 8% (from 7.5%)

- (Rework) Impact now grants +4 to melee strike range (was +2)

- (Rework) Endless Hunger and Brutal Fervour have swapped places, making it easier to access Slayer's class-defining leech mechanic.

- (Rework) Brutal Fervour - buffed to 10% reduced damage taken while leeching (from 6%); now grants 100% increased maximum recovery per life leech. No longer grants increased attack speed or damage while leeching.

- (Rework) Endless Hunger - now grants 20% increased attack speed while leeching.

- (Rework) Headsman - now deals more damage with Hits and Ailments against Unique Enemies.

Taken from reddit.

Pros:
+ can achieve immense amount of damage
+ not too many keys to press
+ can do phys reflect maps
+ fast clearing speed
+ fair amount of movement speed
+ spin to win
+ bleed immunity
+ overleech
+ impale still OP

Cons:
- it's a melee skill so we are vulnerable
- very annoying to be slowed
- very expensive to min/max

LEVELING GUIDE
HELMET
Goldrim is the best choice for most leveling builds, providing a large amount of all elemental resistances. Goldrim can be used until mapping if necessary.

BODY ARMOUR
Tabula Rasa is the best leveling item in the game. It's a 6 link chest piece with white sockets, which means you can put any skill gem in it's sockets.
If you can't find Tabula or you are on a very low budget use any 3 or 4-link chest piece.

GLOVES
Lochtonial Caress Iron Gauntlets is only unique pair of gloves I ever used for early leveling is Lochtonial Caress. You can use any gloves that give life, attack speed, maximum life, phys damage etc.

BOOTS
Wanderlust Wool Shoes
Seven-League Step Rawhide Boots

Wanderlust are best for a start but later upgrade to better rare boots with life, res and movement speed.

BELT
Meginord's Girdle Heavy Belt
Belt of the Deceiver Heavy Belt
Wurm's Molt Leather Belt

All these belts are very good for leveling but try to get Belt of the Deceiver as fast as possible.

AMULET
Karui Ward Jade Amulet
Daresso's Salute Citrine Amulet
Carnage Heart Onyx Amulet
Astramentis Onyx Amulet

Best unique amulets would be Daresso's Salute and Carnage Heart. Alternative is any rare amulet with life and elemental resists.

RING
Perandus Signet Paua Ring
Le Heup of All Iron Ring
Thief's Torment

Any one of these rings is good for leveling,but I would recommend Le Heup of All when you get to level 24. It gives increased damage, added phys to attacks, + to all attributes, and all elemental resistances. What more do you need?

WEAPON
Redbeak Rusted Sword
Aurumvorax Basket Rapier
Ephemeral Edge Dusk Blade

These are the weapons I used for leveling with cyclone until I find better rare weapons. If you can't acquire any good unique weapon try to find rares with #% increased physical damage and #% increased attack speed.

FLASKS
Use 2 life flasks, 1 mana flask, Quicksilver flask for movement speed and freeze and chill immunity, and Silver flask with Onslaught.

BANDITS
Kill all

PANTHEON
Lunaris and Shakari for mapping
Solaris and Shakari for bosses

PATH OF BUILDING

ASCENDANCY

GEAR
BUDGET GEAR
HELMET
Devoto's Devotion is amazing for our build as it provides movement speed, dexterity, attack speed and increased armour and evasion.
This helmet costs only a couple of chaos so you should be able to afford this by the time you get to level 67.

BODY ARMOUR
Belly of the Beast is very good as it gives us all resistances, very big boost in life and increased armour.
Carcass Jack is, at least in my opinion, way better than Belly of the Beast. It also gives all reistances, not as good life amount but it's decent, increased evasion and the most importantly it gives us big boost to area damage and area of effect, which is amazing for cyclone.
Alternative for both is Bronn's Lithe.
You should get 6 link body armour, but if you are on really low budget get 5 linked armour. Carcass Jack 6 link costs 1-2 ex more than 6 link Belly of the Beast but it's definitely worth it.

GLOVES
Spiked Gloves are best here. Try to get #% increased damage while leeching. It would cost you a couple of ex for that together with life, resists and attack speed.

BOOTS
Two-Toned Boots are your best choice. Get ones with fire, cold and lightning resistances, movement speed and life.

BELT
Rare belt with life and all resistances.

AMULET
Rare amulet with life, intelligence, and accurcy rating. These are main stats to look for. You can try to find one with res but it will be more expensive.

RING
Rare ring 1 has res, life and inteligence.
Rare ring 2 needs to have atleast -7 to total mana cost of skills and all resistances.

WEAPONS
2 Rare one-handed swords with at least 150% increased damage, added # to # phys damage, crit chance and attack speed. You can add accuracy if you have more currency.
You can go with Paradoxica or Ahn's Might. Look for good stats on this weapons.

JEWELS
Rare jewel for capping resists and increased life. You can squeeze in attack speed if you are not low on currency.

FLASKS
Blood of the Karui Sanctified Life Flask
Quicksilver flask of Heat for movement speed and immunity to freeze and chill.
Diamond flask of warding for lucky crit chance and curse immunity.
Lion's Roar for increased survivability and more damage

These are must have flasks. 5th flask is your flask of choice.

MY CURRENT GEAR
HELMET

Abyssus is really nice for damage boost but with a downside, we take increased physical damage. That's not a huge deal if you have good amount of armor + lion's roar.
Please do not use Abyssus in budget build. You will die often.
Another great helmet is Devoto's Devotion with "#% increased Cyclone attack speed" enchant. It gives us increased movement speed, great defensive boost and attack speed. I recommend this over Abyssus for greater survivability.

BODY ARMOUR

Astral Plate is an amazing chest piece with an amazing mods. I would recommend this to anyone who has a lot of currency to spare.
Try to get "Enemies you Kill Explode, dealing 3% of their Life as Physical Damage" instead of "You can apply an additional curse". I don't use any curse because my damage is already insane. Rings with good stats, resists and attributes together with a curse are very, very expensive.

GLOVES

Spiked Gloves
You don't have to go with +1 to melee range and +1 to socketed melee gems. Get one or two more resists instead or added phys damage as it will probably be cheaper.

BOOTS

Two-Toned Boots
Try to get same res, life and tailwind. Elusive is also important for survivability but it's expensive in this case.

BELT

Rare Belt
This belt isn't anything special but it has very good life and all ele resist.

AMULET

Rare Amulet is quite expensive.
Try to get one with intelligence or dexterity instead of strength.

RINGS

Dexterity is needed, as well as -9 to total mana cost of skill. Ofcourse, you want ele resist, life and accuracy on at least one of them.

WEAPONS

Jeweled Foil
You don't need to buy one with "#% physical attack damage leeched as life", it will be a lot cheaper.

JEWELS

1st Large Cluster Jewel

Adds 8 Passive Skills
2 Added Passive Skills are Jewel Sockets
Added Small Passive Skills grant: Axe Attacks Deal #% increased Damage with Hits and Ailments
Added Small Passive Skills grant: Sword Attacks Deal #% increased Damage with Hits and Ailments
Drive the Destruction
Fuel the Fight
Smite the Weak

2nd Large Cluster Jewel

Adds 8 Passive Skills
Added Small Passive Skills grant: Axe Attacks Deal #% increased Damage with Hits and Ailments
Added Small Passive Skills grant: Sword Attacks Deal #% increased Damage with Hits and Ailments
Bloodscent (Bloodscent gives huge damage boost, it generates rage as we hit enemies and we need rage for Berserk)
Run Through
Martial Prowess

3rd Large Cluster Jewel

Adds 8 Passive Skills
Added Small Passive Skills grant: #% increased Attack Damage while Dual Wielding
Deadly Repartee
Insatiable Killer
Martial Prowess

1st Medium Cluster Jewel

Adds 4 Passive Skills
1 Added Passive Skill is a Jewel Socket
Added Small Passive Skills grant: #% increased Critical Strike Chance
Magnifier (needed on all 4 medium clusters)
Pressure Points

2ns Medium Cluster Jewel
Adds 4 Passive Skills
Basics of Pain
Magnifier

3rd Medium Cluster Jewel
Adds 4 Passive Skills
Basics of Pain
Magnifier

4th Medium Cluster Jewel
Adds 4 Passive Skills
Added Small Passive Skills grant: #% increased Area Damage
Magnifier
Powerful Assault

FLASKS

If you have the money for this gear you have the money for Bottled Faith.

GEM LINKS
BODY ARMOUR

MAIN HAND

In Budget build swap Berserk for Ancestral Protector or Ancestral Warchief.

OFF HAND

HELMET

BOOTS

GLOVES

GAMEPLAY MECHANICS
1. Save your Vaal Ancestral Warchief for bosses.

2. Before starting boss fight activate Vaal Ancestral Warchief and Ancestral Protector. If you don't have Vaal skill charged then activate both Ancestral Warchief and Ancestral Protector. Always keep your totems up during boss fights, unless it is dangerous to stop moving (you can't activate totems while moving).

3. While mapping remember to always have flasks up and don't forget that we use Enduring Cry for even more damage reduction. Enduring Cry is activated while near a group of enemies. It also triggers life regeneration which can save us sometimes.

4. Keep Blood Rage up for more attack speed and life leech. It can also grant you frenzy charges on kill.

5. Don't forget to choose Lunaris (major) and Shakari (minor) for mapping then swap to Solaris (major) for bosses.

6. Don't forget to use Cyclone.

Dernière édition par BubbaGTX, le 31 janv. 2021 08:09:26
Dernier bump le 26 avr. 2021 01:31:22
UPDATE
29.1.2021. - Updated "MY CURRENT GEAR" section under "GEAR" section. Added links to some gear and mentioned some alternatives, if someone wants to copy my current build.
27.1.2021. - Updated a Budget PoB, added gameplay mechanics section.
Dernière édition par BubbaGTX, le 28 janv. 2021 18:14:00
Thank you for your hard work! Could this be used with a shield in the offhand?
Really appreciate the work on this guide. I like alot, that you included links to budget options of your recommended items. Atm leveling my duelist as a second char, probably will try this build!

(1 or 2 videos would be really really nice and upgrade the guide even more:) )
Dernière édition par Larokan, le 26 janv. 2021 18:11:58
"
tntpop a écrit :
Thank you for your hard work! Could this be used with a shield in the offhand?

Thank you!
If you want to use a shield it would be better to go for Facebreaker Cyclone build. Your dps will be very low if you use one handed sword and a shield.
"
Larokan a écrit :
Really appreciate the work on this guide. I like alot, that you included links to budget options of your recommended items. Atm leveling my duelist as a second char, probably will try this build!

(1 or 2 videos would be really really nice and upgrade the guide even more:) )

Thank you!
I tried making it as simple as possible to copy this build. I know how annoying it can be when there is no links included. Clicking on a link and seeing item prices immediately is better than manually doing it for a bunch of items.
Also, I will update this build if I find better items for a similar price, or maybe even make 3rd version of the build from 10 to 30 ex.
Dernière édition par BubbaGTX, le 27 janv. 2021 07:24:06
"
BubbaGTX a écrit :
UPDATE

So i was trying to view the budget passive tree on POB but im new to it and an error came up? i dont know what might be the issue my friend had me try restarting pob as well as checking for updates to it but im on the latest version
"
Tatsuyaist a écrit :
"
BubbaGTX a écrit :
UPDATE

So i was trying to view the budget passive tree on POB but im new to it and an error came up? i dont know what might be the issue my friend had me try restarting pob as well as checking for updates to it but im on the latest version

I guess you are using the regular version of PoB.
You need to use the Path of Building Community Fork instead.

https://github.com/PathOfBuildingCommunity/PathOfBuilding/releases

Main website: PoB Community
Dernière édition par BubbaGTX, le 28 janv. 2021 17:30:05
This build seems really fun and awesome, and as a noob I'm gonna give it a shot.

I don't seem to see any Chaos Res in any of the gear or PoB? Is this res not important?

Also, any suggestion for a more budget friendly body armour? Unfortunately the Carcass Jack and Belly are at least 3.5ex in Ritual. I've currently got a savings of around 1.5ex.

For reference I'm lvl 75 just starting mapping and all that fun stuff :).

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires