[3.10] Hobo with shotgun - Shrapnel Ballista impale - 16m DPS | All content

Hello. I want to share my actual build. It isn't new or something, you definitly can find few similar builds.
I made all content with this build and really enjoed it. Very nice dps and clear speed.

Pros/Cons
Spoiler

Pros
- High DPS. In vacuum 16 mil DPS.
- Decent clear speed.
- All map mods and bosses. Phys reflect and no regen isnt comfortable but still doable.
- No core unique itmes.
- Budget version ~3ex.
- Totem playstyle

Cons
- Poor sustain. No life and mana leech. With right items you will drop mana flask.
- Not good tank. I have 5600 hp ~70% phys reduction and cap resists but this isn't enough.
- Totem playstyle

Some explanation
Spoiler

So. Fun begins when you read shrapnel ballista tooltip:

"
Summons a ballista totem that fires multiple arrows with extreme force, breaking them apart into shrapnel. Enemies can be hit by multiple arrows from the same attack.

Usualy when you have more than 1 projectile from single attack, you can only hit target once. Even if other projectile visualy "hits" a target only 1 projectile will do damage and effects.
But shrapnel ballista actualy can hits 1 target with multiple projectiles.

This allow impale to be VERY deadly in this build. With each hit your small turrets will melt bosses into crying pool.
I have 6 ballistas, each fires up to 11 arrows, each deal ~240k dps. 6 * 11 * 240k = ~16 mil dps.
On practice it's hard to achive. Because boss model could be small (Sirus isnt very big) and some of arrows wont hit same target.
But still dps will be very nice.

PoB
Spoiler

Dont forget to apply cluster jewels skill points and make sure that your PoB is community branch because of impale dps.

My current items and tree - https://pastebin.com/avh330UG

More tanky variant - https://pastebin.com/hKdMaKXt

Items
Spoiler

My current items:

Arborix is very good and pretty cheap (~2 ex). You will have Point Blank for sure.

You can use good rare armor or kaom for more hp. But this will give you a pretty nice utility (cat stealth) and free power charges. If you use Farrul's Fur dont forget to get Aspect of the Cat on belt or rings.

Old good friend. But again - you can change it for good rare.

Dont look on Skirmish corruption it should be +1 arrow ofc.
Drillneck better. 50% increase damage if projectile pierce target. Very good.
But you can use Skrimish for +1 totem (and skirmish very cheap)

Main thing you want is mana cost reduction. You can drop your ballista cost to 1 (ONE) mana. After that throw away mana flask.
Shaman's Dominion on amulet is also nice.

Just some good rares. Or you can use Emperor's Grasp as well. I dont like this variant because i use Assassin's Mark curse.

PS:
If you can afford watcher's eye with double Pride and Precision (double damage + impale additional hits) then potential dps will be 27mil. But its around 170ex...

Gems and links
Spoiler

Shrapnel ballista:
Shrapnel Ballista -> (Awakened) Vicious Projectile Support -> Impale -> Pierce Support -> (Awakened) Brutality Support -> Maim Support

Frenzy/Ensnaring Arrow:
Frenzy/Ensnaring Arrow -> Mirrage Archer -> Pierce Support -> Curse On Hit Support -> Assassin's Mark -> Increased Critical Strikes Support

I use Frenzy because of attack speed and movement speed, Ensnaring Arrow will increase clear speed if your ballistas do not oneshot mobs for some reason (T16 x5 Delirim orbs i am looking at you)
You also can use Projectile Weakness. In terms of dps its all the same.

Auras:
Pride -> Dread Banner -> Precision -> Enlighten
Crits and raw damage - thats what you want. Dread Banner here for 100% impale chance.

Utility:
Dash -> Second Wind Support -> Vaal Molten Shell -> Enhance Support

Immortal Call -> Cast When Damage Taken Support -> Increased Duration Support -> Summon Ice Golem

I like Molten Shell as manual use and Dashfor movement. But use what you want.

If you want Adrenalin as much as possible you can use second set of weapon with Blood Magic and any aura (just be sure you can cast it). Press X -> press aura -> Press X again. Congratz! You on low life with 20 second Adrenalin.

Video:
Spoiler

Sirus (6). I killed Sirus (8) today but no video :( After few days i will try again, with video

Uber Elder (2 shame death)

Shaper

T16 Overgrowen Shrine

Dernier bump le 5 oct. 2020 07:07:42
Built this and it is awesome!

https://youtu.be/orprzSbRYIU

getting 12-15Mil sirus dps!
Dernière édition par linear092, le 10 juin 2020 12:52:07
Hey this build looks really cool and i wanna try league starting 3.11 with it. Do you have any recommendation for which skill to use while leveling?
Can we just drop ALL arrows straight on their heads with Arrow Nova?
Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way.
"

It's actually not a good choice because arrow nova needs to support a skill if I remember correctly so it doesn't work with shrapnel ballista.
"
Cybersergent a écrit :
"

It's actually not a good choice because arrow nova needs to support a skill if I remember correctly so it doesn't work with shrapnel ballista.

It works. I've tested it. Shrapnel Ballista is a skill.

Damage goes down, reach goes up. So IDK if it's worth it in the end.
Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way.
I loved your idea. I took it and made a 3.12 hardcore version that has been doing great. Lvl 96, Third on the HC delve ladder atm, solid bosser. Plays much tankier than it's life total looks due to lvl 20 Steelskin on CWDT + First to strike/last to fall never intentionally procced. In case it entertains you, here's the POB and current gear:

https://pastebin.com/JQ9icj8x

Rain of splinters and 2 rare jewels covering life/res/totem res and no Cb not pictured

Anyway, much appreciation for the inspiration!

-Orion

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires