Pack download resets after closing client

I'm having a problem where I'm trying to download the game data, all 3.5 gigs of it, to play. Unfortunately my internet connection isn't the fastest and I have limited time as well, so I downloaded part of it and then closed the client. When I started the client back up again, it started from 0% again.

Is this working as intended, or is there a way to pause and then resume the download so that I can download it in installments instead of all at once?
I just had the same problem. There's no pause option in the download and no speed controls, so the download is sucking up my entire connection. I closed it (thinking it would automatically resume when I re-opened it later - because you know, there's actual shit I need to do), only to re-open it later and have it start to download the entire thing again. And I was about 1 GB in to it too...

Seriously, this is 2012 - at least provide an alternative download option or torrent somewhere, so I can use the basic download functionality that's been around since 1998. You better fix this before you launch this month, otherwise this is going to be complaint No #1 and it doesn't leave a good first impression.

Impressions so far: poorly coded with basic features missing.
RPGCodex.net | We're a bunch of angry cunts.
TacticularCancer.com # We'll have your balls #
Terra-Arcanum.com >> the World of Troika Games

Complexity is only simplicity multiplied.
Dernière édition par Chris, le 31 déc. 2012 16:00:02
It always says it starts at 0% because it's downloading the remainder (and starting at the beginning of that). It does keep progress from last time.

Darkunderlord: I removed your image because Chrome's malware detection hated it.
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
Chrome's Malware detection is evil and wrong.

That's seriously odd to me. I decided to wait until it was open BETA and am starting again. And yes, I see now that the 0% resets itself based on whatever's left during that particular session.

I don't think it did the first time, the error I encountered seemed to have it insist on re-downloading the entire 2 - 3 GB again but for now, it does seem to be resuming.

And really, that percentage should be based on the total file size, not that particular session. The only way I mentally use to know "how much is left" is to use the percentage. And seeing 0% every-time I restart it (and with no pause button or speed control features for the download) makes me immediately think "Ok, this thing just restarts all the time". Who ever notes the "of X GB figure", seriously, who does that? Some kind of weirdo, that's who.
RPGCodex.net | We're a bunch of angry cunts.
TacticularCancer.com # We'll have your balls #
Terra-Arcanum.com >> the World of Troika Games

Complexity is only simplicity multiplied.
Dernière édition par DarkUnderlord, le 24 janv. 2013 06:07:13

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires