[3.7] Slayer Bladestorm theory crafting build ver 1.0

thanks to the inputs, suggestions & the new gem data

version 1.0

so the new skill combo is gonna be:

Bladestorm - Pulverize - Brutality - Damage on Full Life - Faster Attack - Concentrated Effect (for boss) / Increase AoE (for mapping)

"
- Multistrike might be bad for mapping (or agile boss) since the maximum lingering Bladestorm is 3 & also we probably dont want to increase the duration of the lingering effect for the same reason

- Switching around with Concentrated Effect (for boss) / Increase AoE (for mapping) might be complicated, so you might just want to stick with Increase AoE

aura setup:

Pride + Blood & Sand

if you're feeling greedy you might want to add Herald of Purity, if mana is not a problem (i think it shouldn't be a problem if you choose Alira)

"
- Flesh and Stone for the maim status is good on boss, but since we've already taken the Dismembering node from skill tree for 20% Maim chance on Critical Strikes with Attacks (i'm assuming this works because the Attack tag on Bladestorm)

the skill tree is picked to use with 1h sword and a shield and picking Iron Reflexes, and using the new Molten Shell gem should provide us with a lot more survivability (along with leeching). The rest of the skill points you can grab any life nodes and/or jewel slot(s)

if you want to switch it to 2h sword (or dual sword?) make sure you grab Vaal Pact and more life nodes on the tree

Shield Charge as movement skill?

Possible problems

"
- Bladestorm deals 50% less damage with hits and ailments (bleeding might lower your dps, but maim/impale is not ailment so it might be better?)

- Strictly deals physical damage with Brutality (might have a problem with high armor/evasion boss)

- Pretty sure this build is not a good league starter/beginner friendly (if this build is your league starter pls share your experience)

version 0
Main skill is probably gonna be:

Bladestorm - Melee Physical Damage - Damage on Full Life - Multistrike - Rage (new support gem) - Intensify (for mapping) / Concentrated Effect (for boss)

if Multistrike cant support Bladestorm, maybe we can replace it with Faster Attack or the new Close Combat

Combine these with the new aura Blood and Sand and (if possible depend on the mana reserved) Flesh and Stone

And you can add the other defensive skill and movement skill to your liking

Skill tree: poeurl.com/coIh

Thoughts??
Dernière édition par ID0x0, le 7 juin 2019 06:07:17
Dernier bump le 7 juil. 2019 09:12:09
I dont think multistrike will be actually good because you want to use this skill once and then move to the next pack because the dot aoe's you create should clear the left over mobs.
Dernière édition par tayra15, le 5 juin 2019 13:46:44
Just a few critiques/suggestions.

Vaal Pact with Slayer is really good.

Disembowling and Fatal Blade nodes are really strong.

You might want a bit more life on the tree as a melee build.

Intensify is a spell support, just use Inc. AoE.

And IMO Flesh and Stone isn't the best use of mana, it grants 2% increased damage taken more than maim support at level 20, and since they probably won't stack I think its better to run maim support on a totem and reserve Herald of Purity instead.
"
And IMO Flesh and Stone isn't the best use of mana, it grants 2% increased damage taken more than maim support at level 20, and since they probably won't stack I think its better to run maim support on a totem and reserve Herald of Purity instead.

Bex posted on reddit that you can support Flesh and Stone with maim to make it stronger. Not sure if that makes it more worth the mana reservation because it would cost more in that case

"
That depends on what you mean by that. If you have Flesh and Stone in Blood Stance, and Maim support on a different skill, and use that skill to hit something within the Flesh and Stone maiming aura, then only one maim, and only one "takes increased physical damage" will apply (the strongest one).

If you support Flesh and Stone itself with Maim support, then you're inflicting a single maim, and you have two modifiers that both stack additively to increase the physical damage taken by things suffering that maim.

Basically, don't split your extra Maim bonuses over different Maims. Put them all on one.
I am thinking to do something like this:

poeurl.com/cqku - Starforge
poeurl.com/cqkF - Disfavour

Pros:
More life (140% ->200%). More crit chance. Juicy Fortify nodes. VP as it should be good on slayer.
Cons:
Only 2 jewel nodes available in this build. Less life leech. And looks like less Attack speed.

Any thoughts?
"
serhiusoff a écrit :
I am thinking to do something like this:

poeurl.com/cqku - Starforge
poeurl.com/cqkF - Disfavour

Pros:
More life (140% ->200%). More crit chance. Juicy Fortify nodes. VP as it should be good on slayer.
Cons:
Only 2 jewel nodes available in this build. Less life leech. And looks like less Attack speed.

Any thoughts?

you might want to think about the bleeding ailments, as it will decrease bladestorm damage (even further?)

i like the fortify nodes on non shield build <3
Dernière édition par ID0x0, le 7 juin 2019 06:10:29
"
you might want to think about the bleeding ailments, as it will decrease bladestorm damage (even further?)

How bleeding damage will decrease bladestorm damage? Do you mean that bleeding caused by bladestorm will overwrite the bleeding from initial hit?
This was my league starter. It's not really good with clear speed (that's just me) but with movement skill like leap, dash, etc... it's okay. Other players I see on Twitch uses sand but I use blood. Tanked most of the boss in acts except for act10 Kitava (did not try). I have Vaal pact with leech continues on full life.

Mine is not a problem, what I did was to move-skill-move-skill trick and mobs go down one by one. So yeah, I think that's the only downside with this skill gem. This is still a little messy but here's my PoB if you're interested: https://pastebin.com/Qtd3LcaR. I'm also quite new to the game and this build definitely has room for improvement.

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires