Shattering Steel/Lancing Steel

https://pastebin.com/dA16iuwK

So ive been messing around with Shattering Steel/Lancing Steel
and ive been trying out different stuff but im also trying to make it a bit better, is there anyone that could maybe give me pointers on it and help me to make it alot better then it already is, maybe suggestions of Rings or Amulet maybe some skills to try out i definitely want to make this work as im already spec'd into it
Dernier bump le 6 janv. 2019 07:18:30
At work so I can't look at your PoB, but I'm duel wielding Beltimber blades which makes both shattering and lancing steel feel much better. I'd consider shattering a much better skill than lancing because of how the projectiles work and how clunky lancing feels no matter what.

I have a physical impresence for the free vulnerability aura. Seems to work so far. I'll check out your build when I get the chance.
I don't know why Shattering Steel is so little used / there are no big guides on.

I'm playing SSF, therefore still in map tier 5.

So far it's running good, even the unpatched syndicate members are no problem at this tier.

Clear speed is very good in combination with movement skills at high attackspeed level.

I'm still playing non-crit because I lack equipment to really profit from crit. As an addition, I use warchief totems as damage support for bosses / syndicate / tanking fortress encounters. With the new additional totems sill, a whopping +120% more damage gem, the totems are a solid damage support.

You can look at my delve character - most equipment is choosen because of availibility.

For healing I use

at the moment - it has something of the old vaal pact at 4-5 attacks with multiple hits/second.
Here is what I did. Currently doing Guardians with a tabula and mostly crappy gear:

- You need 2 Beltimbers. All your Projectiles shotgun, so 7 vs 3 projectiles is a huge more multiplier that nearly no other weapon can beat.

- You invested into Impale but you are using War Banner. Switch to 20% Dread Banner and get the helmet enchant for it. Get rid of the Banner Ascendancy and the perma Fortify and take the Taunt path. This grants you a lot more damage and you can sell the Lyco to finance the rest.

- Put fortify into your Leap Slam. You want to use it every 4s anyway for the beltimbers.

- Impresence for Vulnerability is cheap. And about 15% more against shaper and a ton more against everything else.

- For everything that is holy don't take Pierce. It has a weird interaction with Shattering. Take Fork for clear and Slower for hard bosses (no need for normal bosses, if you follow my guidance you'll melt everything up to T15). Also with beltimbers get rid of GMP. I took brutality instead, since we want to Impale as hard as possible anyway.

Now some math to explain why everyone is sleeping on this skill.
The following multipliers are not in PoB:

x2 more because without Pierce, the projectile and the explosion hit the initial target.

x7 (for Beltimbers, no Dying Sun and no helmet enchant) because up close every projectile can shotgun

x2.16 because thats what full investment Impale does to enemies. (Full investment: Champion node, 20% Banner, 20% shattering, 40% Dread Banner helmet enchant, planted Banner)

x~1.15 for the Champion node that grants added damage for impale stacks. Depends on build.

So yeah. A total of x30 damage vs whats stated in PoB.

I saw that you get pierce from the armor. You'd probably be better of with a tabula since that pierce halves your damage.
Dernière édition par cybertier, le 19 déc. 2018 06:41:59
I forgot: Haemophilia for bleed splosions help with clear.
yeah the only reason i have the gear that i have was that i didnt know how i was going with the build and this was basically what i had, and for the ascendancy i didnt have a guide to go on, so i literally went into this skill gem blind
"
cybertier a écrit :
Here is what I did. Currently doing Guardians with a tabula and mostly crappy gear:

- You need 2 Beltimbers. All your Projectiles shotgun, so 7 vs 3 projectiles is a huge more multiplier that nearly no other weapon can beat.

- You invested into Impale but you are using War Banner. Switch to 20% Dread Banner and get the helmet enchant for it. Get rid of the Banner Ascendancy and the perma Fortify and take the Taunt path. This grants you a lot more damage and you can sell the Lyco to finance the rest.

- Put fortify into your Leap Slam. You want to use it every 4s anyway for the beltimbers.

- Impresence for Vulnerability is cheap. And about 15% more against shaper and a ton more against everything else.

- For everything that is holy don't take Pierce. It has a weird interaction with Shattering. Take Fork for clear and Slower for hard bosses (no need for normal bosses, if you follow my guidance you'll melt everything up to T15). Also with beltimbers get rid of GMP. I took brutality instead, since we want to Impale as hard as possible anyway.

Now some math to explain why everyone is sleeping on this skill.
The following multipliers are not in PoB:

x2 more because without Pierce, the projectile and the explosion hit the initial target.

x7 (for Beltimbers, no Dying Sun and no helmet enchant) because up close every projectile can shotgun

x2.16 because thats what full investment Impale does to enemies. (Full investment: Champion node, 20% Banner, 20% shattering, 40% Dread Banner helmet enchant, planted Banner)

x~1.15 for the Champion node that grants added damage for impale stacks. Depends on build.

So yeah. A total of x30 damage vs whats stated in PoB.

I saw that you get pierce from the armor. You'd probably be better of with a tabula since that pierce halves your damage.

Hey mate, thanks for the advice. Though I was wondering, would you happen to know what Point Blank does for Shattering Steel? Would Grelwood be an upgrade over Beltimbers?

I realize with Beltimbers, you get clearspeed, but with Grelwoods you get Point Blank. What are your thoughts on that?

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires