[3.3] [VIDEO] Elemental Hit Melee Champion Cold/Lightning

[3.3] Elemental Hit Melee Champion

My first guide and build that I theorycrafted myself (then checked with more experienced friends) and actually finished so there will be mistakes and optimizations I have not thought about. This build is heavily influenced by Mathils Double Strike Build Gameplay and that is also the character I started the league with.

With that said I started looking into guides on a character to play this league. I did not find anything fun until I saw Mathils Double Strike Build. I wanted to make a melee character since I have only played bow characters in the other leagues. I always felt slow and weak with bow characters and was wondering if I could play something more tanky and be able to kill UberLab, Atziri, UberAtziri, Shaper and perhaps UberElder.

When I saw the changes to Elemental Hit I was intrigued and started looking for a Melee build guide or some mentioning about it. I did not find anything. There were alot of build with full conversion to fire and bow characters but no melee at all what I could find.
So the evening of the league start came and I started with the Double Strike Champion but something wasn’t feeling right. I was on par with Mathil in leveling and progress but there was always this Melee Elemental Hit build I wanted to do.

So during these days I was still looking for a guide on a build for Elemental Hit Melee. Still none was there to be found. So I started to build my own. On the third day of the league it was in rough theorycrafting and I started to level my character. I took the Double Strike Build and changed it to fit with Elemental Hit instead still going with the Champion for all the defensive and offensive abilities. I looked into other classes and ascendancies but none of them offered the same things. If I chose another class I would have to go with Lycosidae which I did not want to. I wanted to dual wield.

The Tree and gear have changed a lot during the League and it has been fun. I did not know if this build was viable or could have any high damage but playing it and developing it during this League has been amazing. I have finished Atziri, UberLab, Red Elder, T16 Shaper Guardians Deathless/Fast and now Shaper as well with 2 portals left. I had never attempted Shaper before this so taking him down was a great confirmation that I really done something good here with this character.

Playstyle
Spoiler
The playstyle is a fast attacking melee character wielding two weapons/weapon and shield. Leap slam is used as a movement skill and you jump from one pack to another, explode them with your built in AoE from Elemental Hit and Ancestral Call. Bosses you shift out Ancestral Call for Ruthless and melt them with the damage increase it gives.

Gameplay (Videos) T15 Carcass, T16 Phoenix, T16 Hydra
Spoiler
TAKE CARE ! Gamevolume low but Lootfilter very loud !!

T15 Carcass
https://youtu.be/zsySr0jCgqM

T16 Phoenix 1 death
https://youtu.be/_GL-7nT-wFA

T16 Hydra 1 death
https://youtu.be/gSC9L3RLFD0

Character Link
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Chiga/characters?characterName=ChigEleHit

Gear
Spoiler

Gear turned out the be really simple and actually cheap to get to this character.
What I am wearing now is a month of hard work to find good gear. What I started out with was much more modest.
What you need is a weapon that is fast. Not much more is needed in the beginning since I was running Elemental Over Load while leveling. Survival and a fast sword did the trick for me. After a while you want to transition into Crit and Crit Multi to get the most out of the character.
It was a breeze leveling this char. I did have a Tabula so that is also a lot thanks to that.

Basically what you need is a HighCrit, Fast weapon with Elemental damage to attacks and CritMulti. The one I have down here which is the best one I have found for my build was 10 Chaos. I then Exalted on the Lightning Damage and crafted the CritMulti.

Other gear should have defensives so that you max your resist and get a lot of health.
Attackspeed on Gloves helpes alot. Not necessary I believe.

Rings and Amu is nice with Crit, CritMulti and Elemental Damage.

My Current Gear and probably final. I went with shield now anyway because I wanted to try it out and I felt a little squishy with dual wield. Playing Champion made the choice much more fun since I could get a real life shield and not just Lycosidae.
Spoiler

Jewels
Spoiler
Jewels can be anything you need. I have 2 defensive and 2 offensive Jewels as you can see below. What is good is that we can use Crit Multi from very many different sources. Global, Melee, Cold-, Lightning- and Fire-skills so the Jewels become somewhat cheap since there are very many out there and not many use them.
We also use one Combat Focus to remove the Fire Element from Elemental Hit. It is not needed. It is mostly because I wanted some reliable change of element and that I freeze and shock as much as possible.

Defenses
Spoiler

There isn’t very much to say about the defenses. Armor is low, Evasion is low and life should be pretty high. That is about it.
The things that make us survive comes mostly from Champion.

Unstoppable Hero
10% increased Attack Speed while you have Fortify
30% increased Armour and Evasion while you have Fortify
+1000 to Armour and Evasion while you have Fortify
Cannot be Stunned while you have Fortify

And

Conqueror
100% chance to Taunt on Hit
6% reduced Damage taken if you've Taunted an Enemy Recently
2% of Life Regenerated per second if you've Taunted an Enemy Recently
Enemies Taunted by you deal 10% less Damage with Hits and Ailments against other targets

We get Fortitude with Leap slam so it is not necessary to take the permanent Fortitude.

There is also some Life Regen and Life Leech in the tree.

Skills
Spoiler

Elemental Hit
Linked this with Multistrike, Increased Critical Damage, Elemental Damage with Attacks, Hypothermia and Ancestral Call/Ruthless.
Five link would be without Hypothermia.
This skill can use all weapons so a statstick is not available for this.
So if going dual wield the weapons should be equal in strength.
I was using these two until I found the weapon I have now. They were also very cheap. 5 Chaos and 7 Chaos.

Blood Rage
Gives increased attack speed and Frenzy Charges on kill. Unfortunately the life leech is not used since Elemental Hit removes all damage except the chosen Element so no Physical damage to leech from.

Ancestral Protector
Used on bosses and linked with Culling Strike, Blind and Faster Attack to keep it hitting regularly.

Immortal call linked with Cast when Damage taken to take away some of that burst damage.

Leap Slam linked with Faster Attacks, Fortify and Blood Magic.
Can go anywhere with this skill and when you have enough attack speed it become really nice to use. Fortify to get the bonuses from Champion and Blood Magic to keep the Mana pool up. We also regenerate the life as soon as we leap so it is infinite leaping.

Elemental Weakness linked with Blasphemy to lower the resist of the enemy even more.

Herald of Ice and Herald of Thunder to get som flat damage and clear. Ice blowing up for massive damage and Thunder for lightning taking down stragglers.

Projectile weakness linked with Blasphemy and Blood magic.
This is only to trigger the Champion “Ultimate” before bosses (First to Strike, Last ot Fall). Hit that and have 20 seconds of 100% increased damage, 25% attack speed and 10% phys.dmg reduction.

Tree / PoE Planner / Path of Building
Spoiler
Not much to say here. I tried to get as much life, crit, crit multi and elemental damage as possible.

Tree
https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/3.3.1/AAAABAQDAQHcBLMFLQYgBqINjRfcGbQaOBtGHNwj0yP2JP0nLyj6LlMwfDIJMoky0TWSN9Q62DrhPT5Bh0MxRUdG10d-Sn1M_02STeNOKlFHVylX4lnzW69fOWVNZlRo8mqTa9RsRm8nbztxhXIPcmxyqXSgdO1343fleA1674DhgpuCx4SUhNmHdorwi6aNfY8aj2CQVZJ9lG-Yb5itmmqa4JstogCjiqZXqW6qzayqsKuxQrXytxe3PriTvTa-p8AawGbEgtNv1FLYvdrB3CPeh-Fz4l7lz-dU6-7sXO0g7T_uDvAf8CbyRfMR9zL56PzF_gr-j__e?accountName=Chiga&characterName=ChigeEleHit

PoE-Planner
https://poeplanner.com/AA0AAPkADTQBAHkB3ASzBS0GIAaiDY0X3Bm0Gjgc3CPTI_Yk_ScvKPouUzB8MgkyiTLRNZI31DrYOuE9PkGHQzFFR0bXR35KfUz_TZJN404qUUdXKVfiWfNbr185ZU1mVGjyapNsRm8nbztxhXIPcmxyqXSgdO1343fleA1674DhgpuCx4TZh3aK8I19jxqPYJBVkn2Ub5hvmK2aaprgmy2iAKOKplepbqyqsKuxQrXytxe3PriTvTa-p8AawGbEgtNv1FLYvdrB3CPhc-Je5c_nVOvu7SDtP-4O8B_yRfMR9zL56PzF_gr-j__e7FyElKrNa9QbRoum8CbehwAAAANxXQISAxQBAQH7____CgEGAAAAAgYAAAARAAAAARMAAAABGgAAAAEbAAAAATEAAAABMQAAAAEHAAAAASYAAAABUAAAAAYfP90AFBTGABQU9AAUF7IAFAItABUU6wAUAzwC9QEUAAcBMgAAAAE3AAAAAQoAAAABGQAAAAF4AAAAAVYAAAABlgAAAAQHDxEAFBSbAAEAngABAHAAAQA_ADQDAAEBAQEAAAAGAREAAQgAAAABCQABHgAAAAEKAAFWAAAAAQcAASsAAAABBgABCwAAAAESAAEsAAAAAQAAOQBvAhQABAEEAAEQAAAAAQoAAVgAAAABEQABIQAAAAEFAAEbAAAABAcPsAAUEpwAFAC5ABQU-gAUAFMARgEUAQEBGQAAAAYBAAACKAAAAEgAAAABAgACBgAAAEwAAAABBAABFAAAAAEIAAEmAAAAARoAASYAAAAEDAABGwAAAAMDBy4AFBSbABQUVAAUFEsAlgIUAQEB_f___wYBAwABCwAAAAEOAAFaAAAAAYUAAQQAAAABEAABAQAAAAERAAEAAAAABCgAAQoAAAADAweiAAQAWwAGAFUAFBQ_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

Path of Building
https://pastebin.com/9hBYjJ0b

Bandits
Spoiler
As most crit builds I went with helping Alira.

I am happy to answer any questions and if you have tips/comments please leave them below since I am not a very seasoned player I probably have missed a lot that can be better.

Dernière édition par Chiga, le 5 juil. 2018 02:13:18
Dernier bump le 1 août 2018 20:26:42
what about cold elemental hit with convert lightning to cold version should it work ?
Yes, that is possible. Can put in another Jewel to remove the Lightning damage as well.
Not sure if that would be very beneficial since you will lose the Damage from Lightning and Shock chance which also ups your damage more.

Not sure if the Cold to Lightning conversion would make up for the damage lost. But sure possible.
Dernière édition par Chiga, le 7 juil. 2018 19:15:45
Gotta be honest with you. Considering how broken Elemental Hit is and how super melee range your character is - It's too weak with nothing else going for it. I suggest you improve the build a lot more and maybe rework it.

Also you NEVER shock for 50%, not even 5%. So that configuration is wrong.
You don't do fire damage for EE, so that configuration is wrong.
Removing these 2 already drop your DPS from 1.3 mil to 500K.

How about starting from somewhere here + swap to claws so you will have 2x more damage from passive tree options and insane sustain from on hit implicit.
https://pastebin.com/zVv90CxQ
Uploaded an awesome Exsanguinate Freeze Explosion build on the forums - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3508506
Hey, thanks for the feedback.
Not sure what you mean by "super melee". For maping there is Ancestral Call and the EleHit have build in AoE so things just blow up everywhere on the screen. Ruthless is for bosses and then you don't really need AoE.

Hmm, not sure how the Shock works in the PoB but since I do a lot of Lightning damage and have some where around 50% Shock chance and a lot of Crit Chance/Crit Multi I put it there.

Since I am running only one Gem that removes Fire and it alternates between Cold and Lightning I chose Fire so it was easier to see what happens when my hits are alternating Cold and Lightning damage. So its not really wrong just an easier way to see what is happening with EE as well.

I do see the benefit of running one element but I didn't want to abuse that stupid game mechanic and see if it was viable to do a character with how I interpret EleHit and EE was supposed to be played.

I will have a look at the Claw suggestion though. Not sure how to get the points for it though.
Some good nodes have to go.
i agree with you, elehit doesn't need that boring meta to have awesome damage, i played a bow cold/lightning version that i worked out myself and managed to do all content with it except uberelder and that is only because of lack of experience

I will be trying it again as a champion like you, i crafted the build yesterday, with Frostbreath and a shield

Cold has so many good defensive mecanics that are more fun to play than avatar of fire. The tooltip is way lower but i found that with a Taming and all the elemental ailments, the boss kill time is the same.

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires