[3.3] Ice Golem/Skeleton or SRS Champion Build Guide.

Yes, the Pob link is pure fantasy right now.
Yes, the final form is ridiculously expensive. But the build synergises well and can be modified easily.
No I have not gotten anywhere near endgame, or anywhere near the final items in the PoB link.
Yes it's still fun with cheaper items.
Yes to get full DPS you'll have low defences, but you can easily customise and sacrifice some damage for some defences.

General Overview
3 Ice golems
Vaal Summon Skellies as an active skill (skeletons are very OP atm)
SRS is an option instead of skeletons (if you want to try using a really underpowered skill this meta, instead of an overpowered one)

Lots of conditions need to be met to reach maximum DPS, but none of them are unrealistic. You mainly just have to hit monsters with your lightning balls, then cast vaal skills for bosses.

Path of Building Links
Spoiler

https://pastebin.com/Ff27N5aL

Key Concept - Champion summoner
Spoiler
- We get so many buffs for our minions from champion ascendency.
: Worthy foe means melee minions cannot miss - A huge dps boost
: Worthy foe is a flat 20% damage multiplier for all minions
: Inspirational is 12% move speed and extra damage for you and minions
: first to strike, last to fall is flat 10% damage multiplier for all minions

- Our minions get buffed by generosity hatred/haste
- Enemies can be cursed by CWDT setup (elemental weakness, frostbite if you like chill. Vulnerability if you like bleed. Enfeeble or temporal chains if you like staying alive)
- Grip of the council for extra cold damage
- Flesh offering for minion speed
- Vaal haste for bosses
- Vaal lightning trap for applying shock to bosses, and for bosses to take increased damage from ground effect

The net result is a huge boost to minion damage, and all via only casting one main active spell (ball lightning) that applies massive aoe taunt, elemental equilibrium, blind and intimidate.

Items
Spoiler

Ideal choices

Weapon 2 X 1 handed: 90-100% minion damage incursion rares

Helmet: Elder Bone helmet with as many good mods as you can get. (Minion Damage, Concentrated effect and + 2 to socketed minion gems)

Armour: The covenant

Boots: Elder rare with fortify and increased duration

Gloves: grip of the council

Belt: stygian vise with good ghastly eye jewels

Rings: 1 X hungry loop, 1 X rare with good stats

Amulet: Astramentis

Gem Setup
Spoiler

Vaal Summon Skeleton (in body) > Minion Damage > Melee Physical Damage > Maim > Ruthless > Hypothermia

or

Summon Raging Spirit (in body) > Minion Damage > Melee Physical Damage > Maim > Ruthless > Hypothermia

Summon Ice Golem (in helm) > Melee Physical Damage > Multistrike > Hypothermia

hatred, haste, generosity in weapon 1

ball lightning, greater multiple projectiles, blind, blood magic (in glove)

leap slam, vaal haste, blood magic, flesh offering (in boots)

Raise Spectre + Minion Life + blood magic + increased duration + Minion and totem resistances (in hungry loop)

Vaal Lightning trap (in weapon 2)

Cast when damage taken + elemental weakness (in weapon 2)

Jewels

Spoiler

1 X anima Stone
1 X Primordial Might
1 X Primordial Eminence
1 X Primordial Harmony

The rest are ghastly eye jewels with life, minion speed and minion damage if used a minion skill recently.

Optional - Use from dust if you are mapping with skeletons instead of SRS

Pantheons

Spoiler
Whatever you want

Enchants

Spoiler

Gloves - 'of the grave' is best.
Boots - 'Life and mana regen after being hit' is my favourite, but any defensive option is good
Helmet - 'Ice golems deal increase damage.'

Spectres
Spoiler
For spectres my favourite combo is 2 X carnage chieftan. These spectres give your golems and skellies the best stats via frenzy charges.

To raise these:
For Carnage Chieftans (Frenzy Charges), go to the Riverways in Act 2.

Raise one. Now go your hideout and open the highest level map you can. Enter the map and cast your high level desecrate. Raise the corpse you want with raise spectre, using the A key to help targeting. It may take many casts, but eventually you will get 2 carnage chieftans.

Leveling
Spoiler

Honestly, I cannot really help you here. I tried levelling with SRS, but that skill is so crappy. At level 18, 6 linked I finally felt like I got some sort of value out of the time taken to cast one srs. Before that levelling was a pain.

Your best bet is to use Vaal Summon skeletons to level with, and stack defences.
Aim for a Tabula Rasa, or some minion damage incursion weapons.
You can also go for a wyrmscale, ahns heritage, 2X fragility combo. The rampage is great while you level your gems and get some life from the tree. You can put your ice golems or some zombies in the gloves until you get a sweet helm.

Leveling Ascendencies
Spoiler

Conquereor > Worthy Foe > Inspirational > First to Strike, Last to fall

Leveling tree

Spoiler
rush to minion nodes, then take as much life as you can get your hands on!

Bandits

Kill all

Viability and Cost
Spoiler

The cost is ridiculously high. Not only do you require lots of expensive jewels, and good stats on all gear, but the desired helmet will be only available to the rich players. The 6 link Covenant will also cost you a lot.

I have not taken it to end game yet.
For reflect maps, you'll rely on skellies or SRS. Golems will probably die real fast.

Videos

None available
Dernière édition par grimlock9999, le 23 juil. 2018 22:25:46
Dernier bump le 11 août 2018 07:31:31
looks sick
"
grimlock9999 a écrit :

Lots of conditions need to be met to reach maximum DPS, but none of them are unrealistic.

well, you can't have a lvl 4 empower in a "hungry loop". its not only unrealistic, it is downright impossible.

but I really like the idea of using "worthy foe" from champion to get "enemies cannot evade" for your minions. nice idea!
Cool concept, but try to make your Pob realistic.

level 99, 21/20 on every jewel, "enemy is shocked" box in PoB assumes a full effect - you do not get anywhere near this with your setup. Completely unrealistic mods / mirror quality rare items. The list goes on. This build still has loads of dps and can be very good, but don't tout about unrealistic numbers in your guide / title just to draw attention.
"
Cool concept, but try to make your Pob realistic.

level 99, 21/20 on every jewel, "enemy is shocked" box in PoB assumes a full effect - you do not get anywhere near this with your setup. Completely unrealistic mods / mirror quality rare items. The list goes on. This build still has loads of dps and can be very good, but don't tout about unrealistic numbers in your guide / title just to draw attention.

All true. I just has so much fun ... I sort of wanted the clickbaityness and fantasy because I knew I wouldn't get much time this league to do much in reality. Also, I was pretty excited about the potential. But you are right, so Title changed now and realistic pob link on the way.

If you have a real life character that has reached lategame, share the Pob link and I'll gladly change all the numbers to match that one. I don't know how to put only a small shock into Pob - can this be done?

If you want a build that has been thoroughly tested, try necromancer skellies and zombies:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2114607

Dernière édition par grimlock9999, le 12 juil. 2018 10:05:54
"
well, you can't have a lvl 4 empower in a "hungry loop". its not only unrealistic, it is downright impossible.

but I really like the idea of using "worthy foe" from champion to get "enemies cannot evade" for your minions. nice idea!

Well spotted, I'll fix that when I change the guide to more realistic stuff.

For a realistic and really creative idea using champion, check out 'stone cold steve austin' build by clooney is best batman - it has neat synergy on damage conversion to cold.
Why not zombie or spectre ?
"
Why not zombie or spectre ?

Both are possible. The main reason not to use them for champion is that zombies/ spectres get life, damage and great utility from the necromancer tree. Since its super hard to make a melee spectre build, the champion ascendencies dont get much leverage.

On the flip side, srs sucks no matter who you use, but they suck the least with champion. Also golems get little enough help from ascendencies, so champion universal 20% damage increase suits them nicely.

Also, with this new golem amulet, this build could get close to 100% more dps with very little sacrifice. Stay tuned!
well i'm trying with fire golem and SRS like u, but it very hard for lvling i recommend lvling with FB bester it ez go to act 4, when lv 42 we can use golem mace and zombie or lv 26 use SRS helmet ( bc we have suck cast speed ) + zombie
keep gems skill for lv up them
tks! waiting for next update, see ya xD

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires