Flicker / Cyclone Hybrid. Seems Super efficient and safe! Hardcore build.

Hello.
This is my first build thread, so plz be nice! :D
Yeah, so I've tried to merge 2 of my favorite builds together, and it seems to work wonderfully. I really think Im on to something here! (that's why Im now trying to tell the world :D)
Flickerstrike is awesome for fast map clear, but it is really slow vs tanky bosses and even rare bosses at times. So when I face bosses (Mainly map bosses, yellow beast rares and especially Red beast rares), I switch weapon and use Ngamahu's Flame axe, and watch them melt like butter. Once this is operated in under your skin, you will clear maps sooo soo easily with every content.
I should problaly mention, that I am only currently lvl 80, but have never ever met anything, I would considder a threat at all, thus far. I keep this posted, as I progress into higher maps.
And a very important notion: Flicker strikers, face real danger when they run out of frenzy charges in a crowd of mobs. Well, here you just cyclone out, leeching life and generate them back.

Pros:
Get the best of 2 worlds. Fast clear and good boss DPS.
With Kaoms Boots, you are immune to freeze, bleed & reflect.
Super tanky. I'm only lvl 80 and I have 6400 life. Lot of life nodes ahead of me :)

Cons:
Might be a bit expensive, with a 6L Belly and a 6L Kitava. but its not that bad really.
Other players in maps, might not like you

Right the knitty Gritty:

Levelling
Spoiler
The usualy way you like it, really. Personally i hate sunder, but people seems to love it. If that's the case, thats the thing the you wanna do. Sweep, Cleave, Frost blades, etc etc, could also be a happy alternative. But wait with flicker strike till you are like at least lvl 60.

Skilltree
Spoiler

I've went for Slayer, for the super life leech, I feel I need for this. This is also the way you wanna go, if you would make a clean Cycloner anyway. The two builds are actually very close to one another, which was one of the factors that gave me this idea. I've picked some elemental nodes too, which the Flickerstrike part doesn't bennefit too much of, but it would be overkill anyway, as I easily oneshot every normal mob with FS anyhow.
Here is what I picked so far: Im still messing about with some nodes.
Skill Tree

Gear
Spoiler

Boots: Either Kaoms for flat life and Unweavering Stance or just 30% ms rares with high life & res. I use both in time to time. If you wanna go Kaoms, be sure to get some with +1 frenzy on.

Helm: Only 1 real pick here. Devoto's Devotion. I still havn't managed to enchant my right, but I'd settle with either cyclone damage, or flicker damage on it.

Gloves: I've picked my with attack speed (for cyclone) and then just life & res.

Body Armor: Belly of the Beast, hands down. I got myself a 6L wellrolled one. 5L is easily good enough for the maps im currently doing.

Belt: Try to get a good Stygian Vise with high life and res and elemental damage.

Weapons: Here is the kicker: I use 2 weapons for 2 different jobs:
1: Flicker and map cleaning: I use Kitava's Feast. Unfortunatly I havn't been able to 6L it yet.
2: Bosses and tough rares: I use Ngamahu's Flame with 6S (No links of course)

Rings: Nothing fancy, really. Just the basics: high life and high res. Maybe try go get attack speed and elemental damage to attacks or flat phys/ele, but again: this far for me, it would be totally overkill.

Amulet: You might want to go Xophs here for the cyclone, but I think it would be a bad idea in this case, when you also use flicker. So I went for a Talisman with damage, res and life. Works fine!

My current gear:
Spoiler

Gems

Spoiler

Chest: Here is your cyclone setup:
Cyclone -> Elemental Damage with Attacks -> Fortify -> Elemental Focus -> Added Fire -> Faster Attacks. ( You could go for a Conc effect instead as it is only bosses u will fight with this, Increased Area of Effect is not a good idea)

Ngamahu's Flame: GMP -> PPAD -> Elemental Damage with attacks -> Added Fire -> Conc Effect -> Fire Pen

Kitava's Feast: Flicker Strike -> Melee Phys -> Damage on full Life -> Multistrike -> Ruthless/fortify

Special thanks to mertcan258 who made a Flickerstrike thread, which gave me the idea of going flickerstrike in the first place, and making a great guide, which I used alot! :)
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2063802

Ill update this guide as I go, and input are very welcome.

Kind Regards hEiNeR
Dernière édition par heiner79, le 27 avr. 2018 04:55:30
Dernier bump le 27 avr. 2018 04:22:56

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires