[3.1] toiletvape's Oro's Flicker Strike (WIP)

THIS IS SUPER WIP, WILL BE UPDATING CONSTANTLY
Got bored with my main build so I re-purposed my shit terrible bleed gladiator

Up to T10 with little issues.

changelog
Spoiler

1/19/18: added gif (neat), added video, added PoB link

Do you like setting shit on fire?

Do you like being rewarded for setting shit on fire instead of being scolded/arrested? Me too.

I've been a fan of Flicker Strike since I started playing PoE about 5 years ago, it was my first serious build I got to high tier mapping. Back then I did a pure phys build and relied on killing quickly to generate charges to clear/standing still spamming Frenzy like a jackass for bossing.

Which is why (after finally getting around to it) I picked Oro's to revive the legacy of teleport-murdering everything at light speed.

With Oro's you build a load of ignite chance, hold down a button, and watch enemies throw loot at you.

Pros/Cons
Spoiler

+Clear speed makes map farming easy
+Pseudo-infinite frenzy charges even when bossing
+Not being a static target makes spell caster firing squads cannon-fodder
+More than one way to build
+Sword looks badass
+GORE (Belly + Carnage Heart)

-Can't do no leech, Ele reflect without Sibyl's + Yugul
-Somewhat hard to control with Multistrike
-Kinda hard to scale Elemental damage
-Can maybe run into mana issues (not that bad tho)

Budget vs. Big Baller
Spoiler

If you wanna ball on a budget go Belly and Carnage.

If you wanna drop fat ex stacks go with Xoph's Blood and Shroud of the Lightless (gets expensive min/maxing life/resists on everything but the free 37% Elemental Pen lets you drop the Fire Penetration gem)

Uniques
Spoiler

Required/Recommended
Spoiler

Fireborn for a good chunk of fire damage (see tree for placement under Duelist start)

Oro's of course for the frenzy charge on ignite

A nicely rolled Carnage Heart for the leech speed/damage
-or-
Xoph's Blood

Belly of Das Beast for juicy life/resists
-or-
Shroud of the Lightless

Gang shit boots for gang shit (ignite/added damage to ignited targets)

Luxury/Upgrades
Spoiler

The big ticket items would be Kaom's Heart and The Taming

Flasks
Spoiler

1x Seething Divine Life Flask

1x The Writhing Jar (if you went the Carnage Heart route, use the worms to proc 'killed recently' from Headsman ascendancy for bosses)
or
1x Stibnite/whatever utility you feel you need (if you went the Xoph's Blood route)

1x Granite/Basalt Flask

1x Atziri's Promise

1x Overflowing Chalice

//Wise Oak once I get around to balancing resists//

Bandits
Spoiler

Kill all

Pantheon
Spoiler

Major:
If you go Carnage Heart; Arakali + Soul of Arachnoxia (re-trigger Blood Rage for recovery boost)

If you go Xoph's Blood; Solaris + All souls

Minor:
Tukohama + Soul of Tahsin, Warmaker

Since we're teleport-murdering things we're considered standing still as long as you're just holding down Flicker Strike

Ascendancy
Spoiler

Slayer:
If you go Carnage Heart; Impact -> Endless Hunger -> Bane of Legends -> Headsman
Carnage covers your leech needs pretty well so we can pick up extra damage to murder shit good.

If you go Xoph's Blood; Impact -> Endless Hunger -> Brutal Fervor -> Bane of Legends

Overwhelm is overwhelming garbage.

Tree

PoB pastebin
Spoiler

https://pastebin.com/G1t6ZsMx

Don't worry about current links so much, ideally chest will be replaced with Kaom's heart, in the meantime you can use Ancestral Warchief + Blind -or- CWDT (Lv1) + Blade Vortex + Blind

Gem Links
Spoiler

Flicker Strike -> Chance to Ignite -> Multistrike -> Elemental Damage With Attacks -> Fire Pen
6L add Faster Attacks if you aren't having mana issues
(switch Multistrike with Ancestral Call for clearing, although can cause mana issues, Mulistrike works just as well, leave it up to preference)

Blasphemy -> Enfeeble/Flammability -> Anger -> Enlighten

Leap Slam -> Faster Attacks -> Fortify

CWDT -> Immortal Call -> Inc. Duration -> Blood Rage

Videos
Spoiler

T9 Twinned Moon Temple (shit quality)

//Again, will be updating consistently; also I'm not a genius feedback is welcome//
Dernière édition par toiletvape, le 19 janv. 2018 16:48:09
Dernier bump le 29 mai 2018 19:30:16
This looks like the build for me...however you did speak on leveling wise throughout the game acts and what nodes to take first while you level. can you give some insight on that please??

and do you have a pob link as well
Dernière édition par Dontbejello, le 19 janv. 2018 01:32:11
"
Dontbejello a écrit :
This looks like the build for me...however you did speak on leveling wise throughout the game acts and what nodes to take first while you level. can you give some insight on that please??

and do you have a pob link as well

For leveling, first focus on life and some fire damage with the Fireborn jewel.

From Duelist start, going up towards Quick Recovery grabbing Resolute Tech and the jewel sockets is a solid beginning.

You'll wanna pick up Frenzy charges later when getting close to 67 for Oro's.

In other words; Fireborn cluster (don't drop in Fireborn right away) -> life -> Quick Recovery/Resolute Tech -> Frenzy charges + more life
Pick up the ele damage nodes when you feel you need them.

Sunder + Herald of Fire with any good 2H should do you fine as we don't focus on any specific type of 2H in the tree.

Will be uploading a PoB link in a few after a couple tweaks.
Dernière édition par toiletvape, le 19 janv. 2018 14:50:23
Hi im kinda new.
Cant seem to figure out how to get that mana reg going
- What lvl do you want all gems to get too?
"
Hi im kinda new.
Cant seem to figure out how to get that mana reg going
- What lvl do you want all gems to get too?

You can use Warlord's Mark for mana leech until you can either get 'mana gained on hit' on a jewel or (before you put your Fireborn jewel in) '% phys damage leeched as mana' on a ring. Make sure to be using Multistrike once you start Flicker Striking for the 2 free extra attacks, but use Sunder for leveling.

All gems should be leveled to 20 except for Cast When Damage Taken and Immortal Call, they stay at 1. Also keep an eye on the Intelligence required on blue gems as to not level them too high. I usually keep them around 20 points lower than my current Intelligence.
Dernière édition par toiletvape, le 21 janv. 2018 11:10:42
Why don't use Eye of innocence amulet?
"
pisoj1000 a écrit :
Why don't use Eye of innocence amulet?

You only get the damage buff while ignited, with Carnage Heart it's a constant % damage since we're always leeching with Slayer's overleech.

Also we're igniting a lot of targets at once, the 100 damage taken on ignite would hurt real bad.
Dernière édition par toiletvape, le 21 janv. 2018 12:23:10
How do you wonna advance further in the tree after 78 ? :)
love ur post
i start to play poe last year, and flicker strike is my favourate too.
Oro flicker is most convenient flicker build IMO.
because ignite is count independently within multistrike, not like crit chance.
which mean if ur ignite chance is above 50%, u will never out of charge, and the charge will smoothly stack up.

i think there are some better choice on ur gear.
darkray is better than gang, both with/without corrupt +1 frenzy charge, darkray is 2.2% more dps in my pob.
xoph's blood is far more better than carnage because of 10 pen & covered in ash(increase 20% fire damage taken)
i take ezomyte hold for stun immune.

this is my pob, i hope we can full utilise Oro flicker.

https://pastebin.com/dxKMH501
Why are you using Carnage Heart? You don't get any leech from it since it's physical only, already have a jacked up leech rate, you don't seem to need the stats, and you can get more damage from a cheap Nagahmu's amulet that can be corrupted for profit on average going after fire Leach, frenzy charge, or an extra curse.
Dernière édition par C0Y0T3_SLY, le 30 janv. 2018 12:37:24

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires