[3.1] Max block, max spell block, bleed-tank, budget, league starter

Build guide for a couple friends. No genius mechanics that I thought of on my own, this is pretty much a basic build that didn't require brain power to make. Looks similar to other builds and nothing new or genius about the build. This build is easy to make. The uniques required are cheap. It's straight forward. It's not an endgame boss destroyer but it will carry you to level 90 easily.

Required Uniques:
Spoiler

We are trying to get max block with little investment from the tree. 6% block from Bringer of Rain, and 8% block from the anvil give us a solid start. Bringer of rain provides high life, as well as flat physical damage. We want the scaeva sword with 2 blue color sockets in order to get high mana leech, and that takes care of 100% of our mana problems so we don't have to invest any on the passive tree.

Passive tree: Level 86
http://poeurl.com/bJ8D

For ascendancy we rush to get versatile combatant, in order to get 100% of block chance also applies to spell block. I go for blood in the eyes next in order to get 50% bleed chance and reduced damage taken from bleeding enemies. Combined with Razor's edge node on the tree, and chance to bleed support gem (adds 25% chance to bleed and flat physical), you can get 100% bleed chance on melee attacks. I don't use chance to bleed support gem but it is viable.

Links
Spoiler

Bringer of Rain
Spoiler
I like having fortify in my main attack so it is always up,
you can drop fortify and add weapon elemental damage or chance to bleed for more damage and link fortify to whirling blades, really doesn't matter. These are just the gems I use, but it's really hard to mess up the gems, so you can use whatever gems you want. There might be better choices out there.

3 links
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Low level cast when damage taken so tempest shield (+3% block chance) gets activated asap.

4 links
Spoiler

Spoiler
warchief for extra damage, can use bloodlust in there too because enemies will be bleeding

Spoiler
I use leapslam for movement to get over cliffs, and quicksilver flask for when i'm not jumping over cliffs

My gear.

Gear:
Spoiler
My gloves have mana leech on them but you do not need that since scaeva provides adequate mana leech.

Instead of cyclone, you can use cleave and the overwhelming odds threshhold jewel to get fortify on hit with cleave. A good setup for that is in your bringer of rain linked with multistrike + (pick 2:chance to bleed, added fire damage, maim, weapon elemental damage). You can also modify the gem setups to fit a flame, stone, or chaos golem to self cast or cast on damage taken, and whatever curse you want. Could also do a reckoning+curse on hit setup. The build is flexible.

POB: https://pastebin.com/1fY9Zt97
Dernière édition par PritzlPoppers, le 16 janv. 2018 11:06:31
Dernier bump le 23 févr. 2018 11:19:09
link flasks please
You need a bleeding flask and a freeze flask. I use 3 life flasks, a quicksilver, and an atziri's promise but really anything works. Granite, taste of hate, lion's roar, whatever you want it's flexible.
i dont understand why u recommend using scaeva when later on you use shield? isnt scaeva supposed to be in off hand for the block chance?
"
slipknotianos a écrit :
i dont understand why u recommend using scaeva when later on you use shield? isnt scaeva supposed to be in off hand for the block chance?

"We want the scaeva sword with 2 blue color sockets in order to get high mana leech, and that takes care of 100% of our mana problems so we don't have to invest any on the passive tree."
"
PritzlPoppers a écrit :
"
slipknotianos a écrit :

"We want the scaeva sword with 2 blue color sockets in order to get high mana leech, and that takes care of 100% of our mana problems so we don't have to invest any on the passive tree."

But that's a poor excuse to use it. One jewel with mana leech (viridian ones can have this as mod, not sure about others) can do the trick. Or one prefix slot on rare gloves, already two better options imo. Choosing your main weapon for mana leech is.... weird to say the least.
"
Wasylus a écrit :
"
PritzlPoppers a écrit :
"
slipknotianos a écrit :

But that's a poor excuse to use it. One jewel with mana leech (viridian ones can have this as mod, not sure about others) can do the trick. Or one prefix slot on rare gloves, already two better options imo. Choosing your main weapon for mana leech is.... weird to say the least.

It isn't a poor excuse to use it. It gives you mana leech and life leech, it's cheap, easy to buy, decent dps, and a starter weapon. You then don't have to limit your gloves and jewel sockets on which items have mana leech so you have more availability and choices for gloves and jewels.

Feel free to use your own gloves or jewels that have mana leech and use a different weapon. In the meantime you can use this starter item to solve those problems easily and get into mapping.

Sorry if this doesn't meet your criteria for a good reason to use the weapon.

Again, I made this guide for a couple noob friends of mine, so limiting the amount of time they have to spend on poe.trade getting the right stats for them is a bonus, and these uniques solve the problems in the most simple way.

Dernière édition par PritzlPoppers, le 23 févr. 2018 11:24:58

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires