1.1M SHAPER DPS, 140% MS, 7K LIFE CYCLONE SLAYER! SHAPER + GUARDIANS DEATHLESS!

A few key notes
Can reach upwards of 140% movement speed with just onslaught and an adrenaline quicksilver flask

Has 1.1M DPS(Can reach higher, can go lower on a lower budget)

Not THE most expensive cyclone build out there, but if you're looking for a budget option, go Ngamahu's instead. It has lower DPS, but is equally fast, and equally good for mapping, excluding bosses)

Pretty much cannot die unless you try, excluding shaper and friends, and Uber atziri, making it extremely easy to level for even the most braindead, one-click player out there

No pesky auras in case you DO die

Cyclone allows you to phase through things, and allows you to move while doing damage

Never dies to phys reflect mobs(However, don't run phys reflect maps)

Can run every map mod except phys reflect comfortably

Blood magic, so mana is never an issue, but this can be changed if you'd rather have a little bit of extra damage, and a little less life for auras. Because of starforge and brutality, the options are very limited though, hence why I chose not to. If you do choose to go for a non-blood magic version, Haste and blasphemy assassins mark is probably your best bet. There may be other options I have not considered, so feel free to experiment with this idea

I have completed shaper, as well as his four guardians deathless multiple times, but I have also died multiple times, as I am not particularly good at either of these fights. A better player would undoubtedly handle these situations a million times better than me

With all that out of the way, let's talk about the build
It's a fast paced, simple build with a ton of damage, even for bosses. This was my goal when making this build, and it has succeeded past my expectations. With nearly 2k 'regen'(Whenever you leech up, this is essentialy how much you gain per second with enough damage and life), your HP will nearly ping-pong from bottom to full like vaal pact, without the drawback of VP.

90% area of effect with 5+ to weapon range(4+ if your cyclone is not level 21). This translates to a rather massive area coverage, and even with conc. effect, you can clear comfortably, though I'd still recommend inc. AoE as the difference is noticable

Pros
High damage
High clear
Fast
Won't die to reflect mobs
No vaal pact
No auras to pay attention to
High survivability

Cons
Not cheap. Budget option is worse than Ngamahu's
No vaal pact
Less regen maps makes the leech feel a lot worse
Can't run phys reflect and no leech maps

Gear
Spoiler

My gear for a reference of pretty good, yet not perfect gear

Mandatory uniques:

This is the only unique that is 100% mandatory for the build. Again, if you want a budget option, go for Ngamahus. You could use a Terminus Est, but I don't think it's worth it as you lose a lot of life, AoE and about 40% damage

Helmet
Spoiler

Outside of the enchant, which is BiS, you have a few options here.

Personally, I've stuck with Devoto's without ever changing it out, because movement speed is extremely useful for cyclone to help it feel good. The slower you are, the longer you will spin before it ends, as cyclone seems to have a minimum travel distance before it ends. This, combined with 20% movement speed as well as some free chaos resistance is a great reason to use this helmet

Outside of this, you have Starkonjas head. This is the best DEFENSIVE option, as it offers a lot of extra life, and will bump your life to 7'300-7'400 with no drawback. It also adds more damage to the build(Very little, though), so the only drawback to this is that you lose a slight bit of leap slam attack speed, and a decent bit of movement speed. However, you'll still run around at 120% movement speed, which is plenty, so it's not a major loss. This is entirely taste and preference though.
Damage and survivability versus utility. At 7K life, I don't feel I need a lot more

Finally, Abyssus. This is not a helmet I'd recommend on anything except shaper. Even the lowest roll will drop your EHP dramatically against physical damage. Shaper, however, does primarily elemental damage, and as a result, is safe to use abyssus against, bumping your damage to 1.4M or so about.
I've yet to try this, as I don't really feel like helmet swapping as I don't actively farm shaper,
but it IS an option for the most damage possible

Chest
Spoiler

Kaom's heart. This is simply the BiS unique for the build. No other chest can compete in terms of life, and a second 6L is completely wasted in my opinion. The only argument to be made is if you want to use either a carcass jack for even more clear(I don't think it's worth it) or Bronn's lithe for more damage and more zoomzoom, though you'll drop down to 5.5K life, which is a massive drawback in my opinion. Additionaly, if you want more damage, a different skill tree than mine gets around 6.5K life while outdamaging a carcass jack. There's really no chest that can justify this, unless you want to run vaal haste and lightning trap, which I currently cannot fit into the build

Belt
Spoiler

While this isn't mandatory, I wouldn't recommend any other belt. You are always close to the enemies,
so they will always be intimidated. Physical damage, a little bit of extra life and 30% reduced critical strike damage taken are just lovely bonuses. The ONLY argument that can be made against this, is if you're really starved for resistance or want a lot more life, though honestly, this is just a dirt cheap, BiS belt in terms of damage, while still offering a lot of additional benefits.
Also, you can start leveling with it early, so that helps!

Gloves
Spoiler

This will undoubtedly be the hardest to obtain/price item in the build. I had to craft this myself,
because I needed intelligence. It's the one attribute that will bother anyone trying to make this build. You could get intelligence on the amulet if you're really lucky. I wasn't, and had to make do with the gloves. I grabbed a pair of spiked gauntlets, because they are the best base for this,
as lab enchants really don't do much for us.

The only way to obtain intelligence on this base is to essence craft it with an essence of spite.
The higher, the better, though the more expensive each try wil be. For me, it took me around 20 tries to get a really decent pair of gloves. They are far from amazing, but I only wanted life as a secondary stat to intelligence, as well as an open slot for attack speed crafting. If this seems like too much of a pain in the ass though, and you don't think the tiny 20% melee damage bonus is worth it, just pick up a pair of gloves that already has intelligence on them.

Alternatively, if you can somehow fit it in, Maligaro's virtuosity will be the best option for highest damage output

Boots
Spoiler

Life, resistance and movement speed. Simplest item in the build in terms of what you want/need.
16% increased Attack and Cast speed if you've killed recently enchant is BiS, as writhing jar will give you the effect, and no other enchant is really worth much to anything. This is by no means necessary, and is actually really expensive. I personally just ran lab on my lab farmer until I got it, but this enchant is just if you really want to push your damage.

Rings
Spoiler

Resistance, life, #-# physical damage, accuracy, attack speed from left to right, important to not as important. You could also try to craft a good critical strike multiplier steel ring, as this is definitely an option, though since I bought mine, and didn't want to gamble with resistances,
these were what I ended up with. There are definitely better rings out there which could increase the damage of the build dramatically, but I don't need that boost for the multi-exalts it would cost

Amulet
Spoiler

As mentioned with the gloves, intelligence is hard to come by, and this is a good way to do it.
For the amulet, you want life, critical strike multiplier, physical damage and resistance in order of importance. Intelligence is the most important of all, but if you can get enough on gloves,
then this becomes a second thought that you don't have to care about, and vice versa. If you get enough here, you can get gloves without intelligence on them.

Jewels
Spoiler
These are first and foremost used to cap resistances. Other than that, the importance of jewel modes are, from left to right, most important to least important, as follows
Critical strike multiplier with two handed weapons
Melee critical strike multiplier
Global critical strike multiplier
Physical damage with two handed melee weapons
Physical damage with swords
Attack speed with swords
Attack speed with two handed weapons
Physical damage
Area damage/Attack speed/Attack and cast speed

If you feel it needed, you could use '% increased maximum life' as well, though this makes jewels dramatically more expensive, and you lose out on a potential fourth damage slot. At 7K life,
I don't think it's worth it, honestly

With all the gear covered, the playstyle of the build comes next. Spam flasks whenever you see a pack, steamroll through them and continue moving while the flasks still last. Don't use them before seeing a pack, as you will run out. For bosses, be mindful of heavy hits that can oneshot(Especially in harder rolled maps). You are extremely durable, but not immortal, so things that look dangerous, probably are. Bosses usually drop in a few seconds at best, though occasionaly might last longer, so again, be at least a little mindful of exactly what you do, and don't leap slam into palace Dominus' touch of god like I have

Passive tree
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/3.0.0/AAAABAQBANlh7g6FUsAaAdx0oBuqhrONfdRShO85DmhlLOkwfDfU73o1kgYg_o9fOW87ZU2bLedU2XyCB21seHp34yaVo4qYbxa_BbUFLfVhhaf464rw7w6ygF8_idPcvVBHYxdNklFHFCDfvyef2L1674w2qW507SP2D6t2rA481347tr6n2sEVIMv1R37BB3BS6NaGtIE6xIKSfRm0vTbtP89-LlPgw6U1LYO1SKknVUvBBHlosKsxsLXy208lvITZ5c9h4vJa5w-plORR028X3AmWFHF4DdQjJP3ndIdq6wnqGAairY3_3gxw9qPz3RDwl3n3Mo2_3CM=

For higher levels than 93, finish the scion life cluster. If you still have points to spare, the life nodes at the start of the marauder pathing are also options to consider.

For the more damage oriented variant
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/3.0.0/AAAABAQBANlhQKDcI14Tjb-FUsAaB3V0oPcyG6qNfdRSl3k5DmhlLOllTfPdNZIGIPajXzkFLYnTmy1jF02SwKZtbHh6IVUmlaOKmG_qGOsJh2r1Yed0eu-K8KlusoBfP-dU3L3cPXTt7w4Uce4O378JllFHF9yMNtNvUEcj9oa0dqwOPKmUO7a-p9rBFSDnD0d-vTZh4ujWMHyBOsSC5c8ZtITZ-OvPfuDDLlOlNS2DtfKpJ7CrwQR5aFVLMbC1SNtPJbxwUm878lrXfpJ95FHBByefy_UPq3gN1CMk_YWn2L0FtRQgBqKtjf_eDHAWv3fjEPDveoTvhrMB3A==

Pantheon
Use Soul of Arakalii with 'Captured herald of thunder'. Blood rage + CWDT Immortal call will procc this consistently, and will give you a ton of regen bonus for 4 seconds, which does work with leech

Soul of Yugul is the minor pantheon, as it reduces reflected damage taken. Without this, you will likely kill yourself to reflect, so this is not optional

Skill gems

Cyclone:

If you have a 6th link,

Ancestral protector:

Fourth link is whatever you prefer. I went with faster attacks, as it helps procc bleeding more consistently to utilize bloodlust

Again, fourth link is more up to you. I personally use enhance to boost bloodrage, but you can fit in vaal haste or vaal lightning trap here without it being a wrong choice

I will say that there are potential room for improvements, and this might not be the final product that a build like this can be, but I personally don't feel it's needed, and that this will be MY final take on the build, at the very least. I will also answer questions that are sent in PM's, as I might not check this thread, but the notifications of messages will follow me around on the forums, making them much easier to spot
Dernière édition par RainbroDasher, le 5 oct. 2017 03:28:04
Dernier bump le 19 juin 2018 17:28:29
"
RainbroDasher a écrit :

Not THE most expensive cyclone build out there, but if you're looking for a budget option, go Ngamahu's instead. It has lower DPS, but is equally fast, and equally good for mapping, excluding bosses)

i'm at 2.5m shaper dps with ngamahus, so that is far from correct
IGN: Kitaen
Yeah I thought the reason why people play Ngamahu Cyclone is because of the insane single target damage compared to other cyclone builds? Mapping looks a little weird though, because your cyclone isn't the thing that kills enemies and you have to wait for the meatballs to land.
"
zuckerjoe a écrit :
Yeah I thought the reason why people play Ngamahu Cyclone is because of the insane single target damage compared to other cyclone builds? Mapping looks a little weird though, because your cyclone isn't the thing that kills enemies and you have to wait for the meatballs to land.

i can run cyclone with increased aoe and fortify and it will still oneshot everything in t15
"
Kitaen a écrit :
"
RainbroDasher a écrit :

People fail to take into account that less than half the balls will hit, and they won't always procc. I've ran Ngamahu's and the damage is really inconsistent, which was my issue with it. Sometimes you'd get balls 4 times in one second, and other times go completely starved. That RNG barrier was what steered me clear of it, due to lack of consistency. On a 5L with Ngamahu's and fortify, I can reach 1M DPS all things included, but this is only if all balls actually hit, which they rarely, if ever do

The damage calculation of molten burst will always be inconsistent due to hit rate and procc rate. You'd have to halve the damage to get a reliable amount due to the fluxuation. On shaper, despite the builds having similar damage output, Ngamahu's was a lot slower because of the issues mentioned previously. Ngamahu's is by no means weak, but the constant RNG is again what made it a deal breaker for me, when this build has pretty much 100% uptime on the DPS stated without any compromises.
"
RainbroDasher a écrit :
"
Kitaen a écrit :
"
RainbroDasher a écrit :

People fail to take into account that less than half the balls will hit, and they won't always procc. I've ran Ngamahu's and the damage is really inconsistent, which was my issue with it. Sometimes you'd get balls 4 times in one second, and other times go completely starved. That RNG barrier was what steered me clear of it, due to lack of consistency. On a 5L with Ngamahu's and fortify, I can reach 1M DPS all things included, but this is only if all balls actually hit, which they rarely, if ever do

The damage calculation of molten burst will always be inconsistent due to hit rate and procc rate. You'd have to halve the damage to get a reliable amount due to the fluxuation. On shaper, despite the builds having similar damage output, Ngamahu's was a lot slower because of the issues mentioned previously. Ngamahu's is by no means weak, but the constant RNG is again what made it a deal breaker for me, when this build has pretty much 100% uptime on the DPS stated without any compromises.

that is false information, the procc rate is super consistent with 20% procc chance and 7 to 8 attacks per second

they will all hit the shaper, there is no RNG involved at all. the dps is calculated with "rng" thats why it is called dps and not maximum possible damage. your ngamahus shaper clear might have been a lot slower because ngamahus has a gigantic metric ton of scaling on a lot of things. but since you don't even use a 6 link warchief (which is half of your dmg on a starforge build) i can only assume that you are not very keen on min maxing.
"
that is false information, the procc rate is super consistent with 20% procc chance and 7 to 8 attacks per second

they will all hit the shaper, there is no RNG involved at all. the dps is calculated with "rng" thats why it is called dps and not maximum possible damage. your ngamahus shaper clear might have been a lot slower because ngamahus has a gigantic metric ton of scaling on a lot of things. but since you don't even use a 6 link warchief (which is half of your dmg on a starforge build) i can only assume that you are not very keen on min maxing.

The reason I don't use a 6L is because 1M DPS is plenty, and having 7K life is more important to me at this point than having a little extra damage. I do have an ancestral protector(This buffs my damage more than a warchief would, so there's some loss in terms of damage there). It's all about opportunity cost, and I won't trade away 1.3K life for a 6L, as that is a trade off, and not a direct upgrade. In terms of damage, nothing survives particularly long, and I evaluate survivability as more worthwhile than two additional links on a warchief totem. Do keep in mind that if I do go for a 6L Warchief, I lose damage on cyclone because I no longer use maim, or if I do, the AW is not particularly much stronger than my current 4L setup with Ancestral protector. And yes, Ancestral protector does do damage, so we're not talking anywhere near double the damage from AW.

Finally, I would love to see the path of building setup for your 2.5M DPS(On shaper, mind you, not on some random white mob which has no curse reduction effectiveness)

Edit: I checked out the page. On shaper, you won't have frenzy charges or onslaught(Because there's nowhere to get them from, so), so an attack rate of 5.7 on average(Minus the 91% hit chance, so 9% will miss, or about 5.13). At around 20% chance to procc, that means one in every 5 hits on average is going to hit, or once per second. That brings the total average DPS of the build to 700K(350K if all balls hit, 350-370K on cyclone itself). Of course, this fluxuates heavily, and you can get anywhere from 1 to 5 proccs in a single second, based on luck alone. The same goes for crit though. I can completely steamroll a boss because of a huge lucky crit streak, or do far less damage if no crits appear at all. The average is 1.1M DPS though, whereas the Ngamahu's with a legitimate setup on shaper or his merry friends is 700K(On a 5 off colour chest no less)

I should add that there's also 1k life less on your build

On a seperate note, no, all the balls will not hit unless you are directly on top of shaper, and if you are that during the beam(The time where you can dish out the most damage), it will hit you will have to either entirely stop damaging or reposition to a lower damage output. The balls spread out, they don't home in. It's a sprinkler effect, and they have practically no area coverage due to conc. effect, meaning they have to hit more or less pinpoint accurate
Dernière édition par RainbroDasher, le 5 oct. 2017 09:33:16
Hi, Im thinking about making this build. I made a cyclone phys juggernaut this season but I found it to be under performing when I got to guardians. I always wanted to try a slayer for higher damage output compared to my jug cyclone and the leech.

I saw your build and I thought it looked really good. I like the use of blood magic high life pool and high shaper dps without having to use curses etc.

I have a few questions.
Can you post a path of building link of your gear?

I had a look at your tree and compared it to a few others slayer cyclone trees. One of the main things I noticed was that most other slayer cyclones use haematophagy and or vitality void. How do you find the leech without this?

Which bandits do you take?

Is the belt of the deceiver 30% reduced damage from critical strikes really important?
At the moment I'm planning the build on pob and am trying to decide between two setups.
setup 1 is tombstone one socket with a murderour eye jewel for intimidae + a stygian vise.
(with this setup I am under capped on fire res so will need to buy a new amulet but will have roughly 7200hp.

The second option uses rare gloves with 15 attack speed 60 resistance and belt of the deciever for the intimidate. This option I have 30k less shaper dps and 6900 hp but gain the 30% reduced damage from crit strikes. I will also be short on cold res so will need to buy a new amulet with that.

I have never played slayer class so far so don't have a strong understanding of the mechanics.
Dernière édition par scandip, le 7 févr. 2018 17:17:03
Ok this is mybe just me but could you sugets alternative for gloves i have int from my amulet and some alternatives for rings something that would boost dmg and be honest and imagine you would have 500 spare exalted orbs to spend on all this. Will be waiting for answer

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires