Glad Lacerate(breachlords, guardians down)

Hi everyone and welcome to my first guide ever. First i want to mention that this build is not my idea. This is a standard Lacerate build that i saw online using Bringer of rain and modified with help from my friends. I was able to kill 4 of the 5 breachlords(only chayula not down) without too much difficulty, kill all 4 guardians and clear all the atlas except for 2 maps( vaal temple and Hall of Grandmasters). This isn't the cheapest build either but it is a really fun build to play nevertheless. Special shoutout to Steam User Vanetrik for helping me with the theory crafting.

Ascendancy/Passive Tree
Since we are dual wielding, Gladiator is our best option as a duelist. The 4 nodes I used are Painforged, Outmatch and Outlast, Versatile Combatant and Gratuitous Violence. These passives give you both some DPS and some survivabilty.

For the passive tree, you should try to get the dps nodes early and bulk up your life for the later part of the game. Nodes like ambidexterity and Hatchet Master are super important early to increase your clear speed, while Golem's blood, Warrior's blood and Juggernaut are the type of nodes you're gonna go get for the end game. You're also gonna want to get Resolute Technique to increase some more dps and Amplify as it buffs your AOE. Here is my skill tree at lvl 92.

Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAQCAASzBS0GiwlYCbsKJgthC8EOPA5DE0wTyRQgFE0UcRXsF-EYkRjbGlUg4yFgJvgoKi5TMHc1kjXvNug6UjrtPAU8LT38QKBDMUZpR35J1U4yUEdXl1hjWf5fP1_aYEFhIWNwZFJlTWWnZfBnm2hlaPJs2HTtdPF1Tnaseu982YFBggeDX4PMhO-FUoZgivCLT4zPl3mZK5tqogCmja2Nrj6uUK9ssKu3PrkdvJ-9Nr2Bvni-p7_VwGbBi8GjxILGrs1fz37Tb9P82L3ZYdl82sHbp-Jh5FHqGO8O73zwH_JB82_z3fZI9zL46_xL_gr-aw==

Bandits

There might be some better bandits choices, but the ones i got are:
-Normal: help Oak (40 life)
-Cruel: Help Kraityn(8% AS)
-Merciless: Help Kraityn(+1 Max Frenzy Charges)

Gear and Skill Gems

I know that my gear isn't the best(my lab enchants suck), but the idea is to stack life, res and either physical damage or elemental weapon damage as much as possible. 40% increased Lacerate Damage on the helmet is a huge upgrade to dps.

Helmet
Spoiler

I'm still trying to get a 40% increased Lacerate on this helmet, and i know it could be a better one too, but basically, stack armour, life and at least 70% res.

Gems: Ancestral Warchief adds so much DPS that i just couldn't not use it. I did some calculations on Path of Building, and the best setup for maximum damage i could come up with was this one:
AW + Added Fire Damage + Melee Physical Damage + Physical to Lightning

Gloves
Spoiler

Once again, your gloves should have some decent armour, life and at least 70% res. Spiked gloves are a good base since they come with melee damage as implicit. Adds X to X damage to attacks is also a good mod you include to your gloves. Good gloves enchants include Commandment of Fury, Force, War and Inferno.

Gems: Hatred + Herald of Ashe + Arctic Armour will reserve 100% of your mana, but Soul Taker lets us use this to our advantage as it makes us able to attack without mana. These 3 auras will give you a lot of DPS and survivability. My 4th link is Teleport, but Vaal Haste could very well be used here with the right color setup.

Boots
Spoiler

Movement speed on boots is always a good thing to have, other than that, try to go, again, for armour, life and res. Good lab enchants for boots include Adds X to X 'elemental damage(mostly fire and cold)' if you've killed recently, Damage penetrates 10% of enemy elemental resistences if you haven't killed recently(mostly for bosses), 8% chance to Dodge Spell Damage if you've
taken Spell Damage Recently, 10% chance to Freeze, Shock and Ignite if you haven't Crit Recently.

Gems:
Blood Magic makes us able to cast Blood Rage and Summon Flame Golem while having 100% mana reserved. 4th socket i use is for Vaal Grace for more survivability. Again, Vaal Haste might be better than Vaal Grace, totally up to you.

Body Armor
Spoiler

I'm still not a 100% sure that Daresso's Defiance was the best chest choice, but it's definitely not the worst either(pls feel free to leave suggestions in the comment section if you have better choices). This is a good chest piece for its armour value, the dodge, the onslaught/endurance charge mod. Life is pretty low on this piece and it doesnt have any res tho, so make sure you're stacked on other gear pieces.

Gems:
Lacerate + Melee Physical Damage + Multistrike + Added Fire Damage + Faster Attacks + Concentrated Effect
This is basically Bringer of Rain without the Blind. Great DPS with this setup...Be careful with multistrike as it leaves you immobile for a few seconds, which can cost your life.

Belt
Spoiler

Rustic Sash is probably the best option since it comes with Physical Damage as an implicit. Like on previous gear, Life, Armour, at least 70% res and Elemental Weapon Damage/Adds X to X damage to attacks are the mods you want to get on your belt. **note that increased flask duration could be a good one too**

Rings and Amulets

Spoiler

Steel rings have the Adds X to X damage to attacks mod in implicit so even though they are quite expensive, they are your best option. Life, Res and an additionnal Adds X to X damage to attacks mod on these rings will make them extremely good.

Spoiler

I am currently using a Turquoise Amulet since i was lacking INT and DEX and didn't wanna get them from my passive tree. Again, you should get an amulet that provides Life, 70% res and some Elemental Weapon Damage.

Weapons
Spoiler

This build doesn't work without Soul Taker, as it is a 100% mana reserved build, and only Soul Taker(as a 1h axe) lets us attack without mana. It also gives us some decent base damage and attack speed. The Cold resist and Chill mod are not to be neglected too.

Gems
I am using Leap Slam + Fortify Support + Faster Attacks, which makes us able to move fairly rapidly on the maps, and each time I hit enemies, Fortify procs, which makes me more tankier and deal a bit more damage.

Spoiler

Usually the build was using Jack The Axe as a secondary weapon, but i found Rigwald's savagery to be better since it doesn't cut our life leech in half, causes bleed and buffs damage while dual wielding.

Gems
Immortal Call + Enfeeble + CWDT
This is our survivability gem setup as Enfeeble lowers cursed enemies dps and IC increases our chances to stay alive.

Flasks
Spoiler

I don't think this one needs any explanations, as it is by far one of the best flasks in the game.

Spoiler

Lion's roar is great cause it helps you survive with the 3000 armour and knockback, but it also increases your dps a bit.

Spoiler

Some people might argue with me on this one, as we are not chaos damage based, but it still good to get through ES enemies and it also gives you a bit of life leech, so I really like it.

Spoiler

The main reason I'm using a Sulphur Flask is for the 40% increased damage. I'm also using an 'anti-freeze' mod on this flask cause Taste of Hate doesn't make you immune to freeze, which can be deadly.

Spoiler

Finally, I'm using a single life flask, and the bleed removal mod is on this one, since bleed is, in my opinion, the worst status ailment of all.

Videos
The videos are in french, but even if you don't understand it, you can see how good(or bad, especially vs minotaur) this build does.

Hydra kill: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMCz4kMYkWs&t=112s
Phoenix kill: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0FzguqZp-zg&t=5s
Minotaur kill: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VUYfFhxyQAM
Chimera kill: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGZ9uApxiYI&t=160s
Esh + Tul + Xoph kills: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-jsA2qMmi0&t=18s
Uul Netol kill : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0P2XisDvgQ

Conclusion
This build is definitely not shaper viable, but it can do a lot of the end game content. It is very weak against reflect mods, but other than that, it can witstand enfeeble, elemental weakness and in some cases temporal chains too. It is really fun to play since it has a lot of clear speed, decent survivability and it doesnt require too much skills to play it. The major downside to this build is that for its overall price(about 10 ex) you can probably build something that kills the shaper easily. I do recommend it for people who want to try fun builds or who never tried Lacerate, as it is a decent skill that i think might become more and more powerful with the changes to life builds coming up in 3.0. Thanks everyone for reading and feel free to write suggestions in the comment seciton. GLHF

Dernier bump le 21 mai 2017 12:42:57

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires