EK Nova Totems Pathfinder. CI. Poison. Fast.

Sort of like a brief..ish guide. I have no idea how to link gear or use this forum like fancy people. But my build is not very gear-specific, so feel free to use any dagger & shield, or 2 daggers if you feel crazy.

The build is safe and quite powerful. I killed Abaxoth without much fuss, all the bosses from Beyond are no problemo, Atziri fairly easy, all maps up to T15, Uber Lab. Because it's a pretty decent boss killer I think the 2 guardians which are not poison immune should be easily doable, but I didn't try, I have almost 0 experience killing guardians. Also I don't have crazy gear nor crazy skills. And I never play HC. So no idea.. how it would work on HC, but.. Totems! : D

I wanted a safe build that can clear fast and do bosses well, for general mapping. So I invested in a decent initial hit and a lot of poison to double dip and accelerate death.. for bosses. Poison means it's going to be a very dead build very soon tho. RIP.

Pros
Spoiler
Totems. Safe. Cuz u can move fast with Fortify while they do the dirty work. No need to get up close and personal with Abaxoth.
Unlike other builds, EK Nova Totems are also fast, almost immediate. It feels almost like playing a normal attack build. You can spam them a lot, just place totems with a vengeance, everywhere.
Flexible gear. Use your favorite CI gear. Can work with various weapons. No required anything.
Not exceptional but pretty damn good damage. Better than almost everything I've tried in PoE so far. Scales really well for bosses due to fast poison stacking.
EK Nova AoE is amazing, without having to invest in AoE.
CI. With lots of ES [10k+ with decent gear, 8-9k with meh gear]
Always Poison on Hit while using a Flask. Thx Pathfinder!
Immune to status Ailments while using a Flask. Thx Pathfinder!
Great movement speed with daggers and Whirling Blades. Try 2 daggers with +26..27ish attack speed and Haste for pure madness!
Of course, Fortify connected to Whirling Blades.
Can do all map mods.

Cons
Spoiler
Totems. Some people jus' don't like 'em.
Mana flask is kinda needed. Which is in fact a Pro, because you need a highly spammable flask to apply poison with.
No leech.. duh.
Mods: Reflect is annoying, you have to keep place lots of totems, they die after pretty much every hit. So.. a problem with bosses, hard to stack a lot of poison. No Regen.. a minor annoyance, you have to spam the mana pot anyway. Not sure if I'm missing any crazy map mod here.. but it's safe to say that you can easily just jump into a map and don't care about mods.]

This build is based on other EK Nova Pathfinder builds, especially this one:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1840289
..which has in-depth information about the pretty much same thing. The difference in my build is that I focus on the initial hit, meaning physical damage + crit. Maybe I'm getting less poison effectiveness because of that, but it's great for clearing speed.

Gear
Spoiler
I'm not going to go in depth, it's a very generic CI build, use your favorite ES gear. I suggest an Eye of Chayula for stun, at least a Kiara flask or a Voidheart. It's almost upsetting how effective that Chayula amulet is though.. so to flow smoothly from pack to pack, it's really recommended.

Use 1 or 2 crit daggers. Crit is more important than physical or chaos damage, as far as I can tell. You can get a lot of Crit Strike Chance, Increased Crit Strike Chance for Spells, Increased Spell Damage, Global Crit Strike Multiplier.

A good dagger is expensive, but you can craft a decent one fairly easy. I bought a 1-2 ex dagger a while ago.. turns out it was quite 'meh' compared to what I was able to craft fairly cheaply [20-50 chaos, but yea.. u never know with RNG] and simply after watching Mathil's video about crafting daggers here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUZclEcMGHY

Expensive daggers are expensive for a reason, and an exceptional roll is unlikely. But a good roll, hopefully with some attack speed for fun, is pretty easy to get. I alt-regal, not chaos spam.

Ming's Heart is a great idea if you can sustain resists with the other ring and gear.

Get +8 Cast Speed and some damage on Shield.

Gems
Spoiler
Spell Totem + Ethereal Knives + Pierce + Spell Echo + Faster Casting + Controlled Destruction/Empower 3+
Whirling Blades + Faster Attacks + Fortify
Hatred + Discipline + Enlighten [+ Clarity if you have Enlighten 3+]

also.. up to you but you can go with something like..

Cast on Damage Taken + Blade Vortex + Bladefall + Phase Run.. or whatever you want
Orb of Storms + Power Charge on Crit + Curse on Hit + Temporal Chains.... or whatever you want

and maybe a Lightning Warp + Portal + faster casting.. or some vaal gems?

Haste [instead of Hatred] and Vaal Haste are great, for fun, speedy mapping, but dexterity can be an issue. Also.. Hatred gives us a lot more damage. Just get more attack speed on dagger.

Auras
Spoiler
So.. again.. Hatred + Discipline.
If you have Enlighten lvl 3 you can easily add lvl 9-10ish Clarity for better mana regen. I still need the mana flask because Poison needs a spammable flask]

Flasks
Spoiler
Atziri's Promise, a Mana pot that kills bleeding, Diamond, Silver.. up to you what else. A Taste of Hate would be great I guess but I don't have one.

Damage
Spoiler
50-80kish unbuffed, 90-120kish tooltip buffed, per totem, depending on gear [and I have fairly mediocre gear]. That doesn't include poison and Diamond flask. The real damage of this build is much higher, but I don't know how calculate that. Most bosses are dead in seconds anyway, I love watching their life go down superfast once poison reaches full stack..

Bandits
Spoiler
Kill All/Cast Speed from Alira/Kill All.. or Power Charge from Alira

Tree

This is my first guide, I don't have immense amounts of PoE experience.. only 4 or 5 months, mostly copying other people's builds, so pls take it with a grain of salt, and if you have suggestions for improving it, or taking it apart and destroying it and putting it back together.. pls let me know.

Cheers!
Monkey
Dernière édition par monkeyonyourtonsils, le 6 mai 2017 18:42:18
Dernier bump le 6 mai 2017 11:39:05

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires