Versatile Combatant or Violent Retaliation?

I'm doing a 1H sword/shield Lacerate Gladiator. I'm thinking about what my final ascendancy passive should be, torn between Violent Retaliation and Versatile Combatant. Over 50% chance to block spells is a very nice buff, but so is the greatly increased damage output against bosses.

I am using Daresso's Courage, but its spell block buff only works on low health - and seeing as how I'm not planning to exceed 5k hp here, it's not really enough. My evasion and armor stats give around 40% defenses each, and I've pumped quite a lot into leech, so my survivability is passable. I'm also going to be taking the Graceful Assault and Celerity circles, both for more evasion and to strengthen the damage of my Dreamfeather.

So, which should it be? I'm leaning towards VC, as defenses are more important IMO.
Dernier bump le 16 avr. 2018 00:06:55
I'd also go with Versatile Combatant as 50% chance to block spells is quite nice, namely because, most of the time, spell damage is the type that kills me. Furthermore, chance to block spells is harder to come across than increases to damage. Other than already having 100% block chance applied to spells (i.e. with multiple Reckless Defense jewels), the only situation I can see where Violent Retaliation would be better is if your build is using Acrobatics/Phase Acrobatics. However, I don't believe that's the case since I'm presuming you're stacking block chance.
Yep, stacking block chance alright. I'm at 49% at the moment, still got 2 passives to get from the Testudo wheel and 1 from the ascendancy tree. I'll try the merc lab at level 80 just to be safe, but I don't think it should pose any problems, my gear is decent. I'll go for Verstatile then.

I gotta say the clear speed of Lacerate with Gratuitous Violence is really insane, I'm really glad someone recommended this build to me.
This is exactly the build I'm enjoying right now...

Here's my stats. VERY tanky.

@lev 92 :

life : 6092
armor : 10366 (46% phys dmg reduction) combined with The Surrender buff + 3 endurance charges + arctic armor ---> 78% phys dmg reduction!!!! I know, it caps @ 75%

add to this I get Fortify every time I leap on mobs for

chance to block : 75% / 75% (with versatile combatant)

I took RT to hit all the time.

Lacerate DPS with 6 frenzy charges + Atziri Promise + Lion's Roar + Overflowing Chalice = 46k (it's decent for a max block build)

If you can get a Voidheart ring like I did, you will inflict poison + bleed ALL the time.

My 2 cents, get versatile AND Violent Retaliation. lets face it, you need DPS for bosses since everyone is clering trash mobs quite fast, and 80% inc phys dmg when you block against unique is useful.

At lv 87
I have 5.2k hp
Armour 2.5k
Evasion 12.5k

45% chance to block attacks and spells (going versatile combatant here)

It is not tanky but he has a decent damage...
It seems quite important VC since I'm runnign smoothly with Cleave, which has 82k DPS without flasks and 142k DPS with ancestral + blood rage+ silver flasks + sulphur's flask. (5 frenzy + 3 endurance).

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires