Cyclone Slayer barely dealing any damage despite 4Div sank into the build

Hi everyone, i've recently decided that i was tired of my Boneshatter Slayer and decided to swap to a Cyclone build following this build:
https://www.poebuilds.net/builds-novo-1/cyclone-of-tumult
https://pobb.in/eGmdlnnrstyZ

i followed the guide as closely as possible (although i can't afford Cyclone of Tumult just yet) and my damage is still laughably low (currently sitting at 55k DPS which is quite far from the 15 million promised). like, you could drop me in Wraeclast barehanded and i might just do a better job at clearing the maps than my current build.

here's my PoB: https://pobb.in/8NBZUGo_zXSa

what should i work on improving? i did my best to cram damage anywhere i could (jewellery, gloves, and annoints) so i genuinely don't see how i could improve my DPS any further.

many thanks for the time spent reading!
Dernier bump le 9 janv. 2024 04:46:53
"
ArntorHanma a écrit :
Hi everyone, i've recently decided that i was tired of my Boneshatter Slayer and decided to swap to a Cyclone build following this build:
https://www.poebuilds.net/builds-novo-1/cyclone-of-tumult
https://pobb.in/eGmdlnnrstyZ

i followed the guide as closely as possible (although i can't afford Cyclone of Tumult just yet) and my damage is still laughably low (currently sitting at 55k DPS which is quite far from the 15 million promised). like, you could drop me in Wraeclast barehanded and i might just do a better job at clearing the maps than my current build.

here's my PoB: https://pobb.in/8NBZUGo_zXSa

what should i work on improving? i did my best to cram damage anywhere i could (jewellery, gloves, and annoints) so i genuinely don't see how i could improve my DPS any further.

many thanks for the time spent reading!

Biggest mistake was to look at a build from poebuilds.net. This page is literally offering RMT while presenting the most shit builds you´ve ever seen. Block that site from your browser and never visit it again.

If you are looking for high-quality guides you can eigher scour this forum (difficult though, because there are good guides but there is also a lot of unfinished or outdated stuff, and if you followed poebuilds.net you most likely can´t deduce one from the other) or sources like maxroll or well-known and established streamers like Zizaran, Palsteron, Subtractem, Captainlance9, Jungroan, GhazzyTV or others.

Regarding the build: Of course you´re not even close, because it is heavily inflated. First of all it´s working with the full amount of passives, meaning you would need a level 100 char. Onslaught is ticked though there is no source of it for bossing. Rage, Banner, Pride Aura Effect, Infusion are all turned up to absolute max, same goes for gear-rolls on certain items. Melee Distance of 1 is also an adjustment to arbitrarily raise the dmg higher than it will ever be in real playing circumstances. Two jewels with triple crit + life are also casually included into the setup, those cost like 15-20 div EACH. Same goes as well for the abyss jewel which is rolledto absolute max - try 30 div for this one too. All that for a lousy 24,5mio dps is actually a joke, meaning we end up at my first point: Those setups are hot garbage, dont follow it.
Don’t follow Maxroll either it is full of crap and the build are not so well made

I’d say you better rather follow one of the streamer mentioned YouTube channel and check the PoB they leave on their video description
As others mentioned, poebuilds.net, don't use builds from there. They are only used to funnel people into RMT.

Now with that out of the way, let's have a little look at your build. There are a couple things that stick out immediately.

* First is capping your resistance. You are at 61% lightning which should be 75% to get basic survivability. Try to get a bit more on your rings, amulet or replace your helmet with a rare with life + resist. Shouldn't be too expensive.

* Your dps is probably higher than shown since you shock with starforge. Look at how much you shock the enemies when you are cycloning on them (the little icon) and input that into config to get a more accurate estimate of dps. The higher your damage, the higher the shock will be.

* Your belt is one of the most important items with health on it since it can roll a large amount of it. I would replace this with something high hp + some resist.

* Switch to cyclone of turmoil, it will increase your dps significantly. Make sure to tick up the stages in the top left corner when pobing turmoil to see the real dps. Even just gem level 1 quality 0 should be a significant upgrade and only set you back 30~c

* Your flasks can be improved for a large damage boost as well. Lions roar flask instead of the jade flask, silver flask instead of the quartz flask , sulphur flask instead of basalt.

* Jewels are great damage sources. Try to get +crit multi with two handed weapons and +%life on them. Those two mods won't set you back too much. I'd say 5-20c each.

* Go primalist and try to get a charm with fortify on it. This alone will save you 4 points which you can use to get wrecking ball and work your way to dismembering.

* Scaling crit is usually the way to go. The blade of cunning wheel is great for that. I would drop the Assured strike wheel.

edit:
Just giving you some shock, a lion's roar (3c) and speccing blade of cunning instead of rampart gives you about 1.7m dps.
Here is a pobb with some updates: https://pobb.in/X5U1NCWk8nFJ
Note that this pob assumes you get fortify on charms and power/frenzy charge generation (You get frenzy while mapping through blood rage and power through assassin's mark, can be solved by charms too.)
Dernière édition par Fluffd, le 5 janv. 2024 08:53:53
"
As others mentioned, poebuilds.net, don't use builds from there. They are only used to funnel people into RMT.

Now with that out of the way, let's have a little look at your build. There are a couple things that stick out immediately.

* First is capping your resistance. You are at 61% lightning which should be 75% to get basic survivability. Try to get a bit more on your rings, amulet or replace your helmet with a rare with life + resist. Shouldn't be too expensive.

* Your dps is probably higher than shown since you shock with starforge. Look at how much you shock the enemies when you are cycloning on them (the little icon) and input that into config to get a more accurate estimate of dps. The higher your damage, the higher the shock will be.

* Your belt is one of the most important items with health on it since it can roll a large amount of it. I would replace this with something high hp + some resist.

* Switch to cyclone of turmoil, it will increase your dps significantly. Make sure to tick up the stages in the top left corner when pobing turmoil to see the real dps. Even just gem level 1 quality 0 should be a significant upgrade and only set you back 30~c

* Your flasks can be improved for a large damage boost as well. Lions roar flask instead of the jade flask, silver flask instead of the quartz flask , sulphur flask instead of basalt.

* Jewels are great damage sources. Try to get +crit multi with two handed weapons and +%life on them. Those two mods won't set you back too much. I'd say 5-20c each.

* Go primalist and try to get a charm with fortify on it. This alone will save you 4 points which you can use to get wrecking ball and work your way to dismembering.

* Scaling crit is usually the way to go. The blade of cunning wheel is great for that. I would drop the Assured strike wheel.

edit:
Just giving you some shock, a lion's roar (3c) and speccing blade of cunning instead of rampart gives you about 1.7m dps.
Here is a pobb with some updates: https://pobb.in/X5U1NCWk8nFJ
Note that this pob assumes you get fortify on charms and power/frenzy charge generation (You get frenzy while mapping through blood rage and power through assassin's mark, can be solved by charms too.)

so i've bought cyclone of tumult, fortify/power charges charms, changed my flasks, capped my resistances, bought some jewels with crit multiplier + %HP and i almost exactly replicated the PoB you've linked (except for the cluster jewel i'm using) and the dps is much MUCH higher than before. while cycloning enemies i averaged 100k-200k DPS on usual which but now i stand at 140k in my hideout with no Blood Rage. now with Vaal Haste, BR, Berserk, P/F Charges, and Totems i'm at 800k. the improvement is quite substantial.

as for the belt, in every session i desperately try to find one with a satisfactory amount of HP/%Elem Res/%Chaos Res but they're all at least 50 Divines.

that being said thank you so much for helping me out and your time giving such a detailed answer. i honestly didn't expect that much and it's probably going to simplify mapping and bossing by a LOT

ive learned my lesson and i'm likely never following a build from poebuilds.net again. indeed seeing RMTs being advertised that brazenly should have made me pause and question whether that build was worth being looked into or not.
Check out my Earthquake of amplification, Cyclone/Shockwave build. It uses all unique items that are pretty cheap and can be used as a basic Cyclone/Shockwave setup.

Marui Erqui Unique Hammer has the best two hander stats for cyclone/shockwave builds. I have a cyclone/shockwave dps around 3million and around 50 million dps from earthquake of amp with generals cry while cycloning.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3455536

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires