CWDT + Molten Shell doesn't trigger

Hi everyone,

I need some help with my gems:
My Molten shell doesn't trigger when I use it together with a CWDT gem (I tried them in the helmet as well as in the gloves). No other gems are used in the same item. On my character screen is an white exclamation mark on the molten shell icon.

I read that the gem level is important when using CWDT and Molten Shell together. But either way I can't get them to work, no matter which gem levels I use.

I had recently both gems on lvl 7. Then I bought lvl 1 gems of each and started recombing both gems in the gems slots. But on neither combination (7-7, 1-7, 7-1 lvl) I can get it to work.

I guess I'm missing something, but I simply don't get it.

Thank you for helping out.
Dernier bump le 18 août 2022 15:24:51
Not an expert, but i also use this combo.
Both gems are lvl 20 and it works just fine.

Maybe you don´t get enough dmg?
CWDT on lvl 7 needs 1k dmg income till MS triggers.

How did you test it?
Look at the level requirement of the gem, not the gem level.

Molten shell level one is a lvl 4 gem, ie requires lvl 4.
Cast on damage taken level one is a lvl 38 gem.

But the CWDT gem at lvl 1 says "This Gem can only Support Skill Gems requiring Level 38 OR LOWER"
and Molten Shell on lvl 7 requires lvl 24... or am i getting something wrong here?

In each version he tested (Gem lvl 7-7, 1-7, 7-1) it should work.
Dernière édition par NiTrObYtE88, le 30 juil. 2022 15:50:12
He doesn't have any aura gems or curses, negative resistances, his amulet is useless for Cyclone. He's going to die a lot going forward without a better gem setup. Molten Shell won't help.

The most important thing is to get your resistances maxed or you're dead.
"
He doesn't have any aura gems or curses, negative resistances, his amulet is useless for Cyclone. He's going to die a lot going forward without a better gem setup. Molten Shell won't help.

The most important thing is to get your resistances maxed or you're dead.

Yes, i've recently entered Act 6 and I got beaten up a lot.

I've tested it simply by walking into enemy groups and got hit a lot. But nothing happens, so in combination with the exclamation mark on the molten shell skill, I guess I'm doing something wrong here.
Okay, it DOES trigger, while I was running around in act 5. Gotta do some research for the circumstance or change my expectations :D

Thanks for helping out. I'm a little bit overwhelmed by the complexitiy of this game.
"
Oma_Kalubke a écrit :
Okay, it DOES trigger, while I was running around in act 5. Gotta do some research for the circumstance or change my expectations :D

Thanks for helping out. I'm a little bit overwhelmed by the complexitiy of this game.

Ya it's an easy game to play, but perhaps the most difficult game to figure out that I've ever played in my life. The last 2 leagues (you're in Standard) have made defense more important & more difficult to attain. Learn to use the crafting bench to improve your gear stats. Have fun!
im pretty sure you dont have enough mana to trigger it , becouse it still costs mana even thou you dont cast it yourself

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires