[3.17] strTrader Max Block Bleed Lacerate Gladiator -- League Start & End Game v3.17.03.17.22

"
CaptainBub a écrit :
Sorry if this is a silly question, when i open the POB to look at the skills (particularly the CWDT link) when it says disabled we dont run that anymore? the immortal call and tempest shield link is what im wondering about

Not a silly question. All gems are used in the build. Some gems are left unchecked because they boost DPS like Ancestral Protector. The CWDT links should be all 4 gems unless there is not enough sockets, then you will drop Increased Duration in that case.
There are no words to sway those who will not listen. -- Veritania, the Redeemer

strTrader Max Block Bleed Lacerate Gladiator Guide:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3136830
Hi, I'm not struggling with damage, per se (I did Sirus A8 just fine, if slowly, all conquerors, etc), but I do have two questions because I'm using this one as my bosskiller and damage doesn't seem to be there compared to what I would expect. I would like to make it feel better damage-wise, so I don't take quite as long--I was struggling on Maven 10-boss invitations to kill the map bosses as quickly as I would like, which seemed odd, and I wanted to ask for advice:

1) My axe is okay (450 pdps w/ generic t2 DoT multi + crafted increased DoT, thank you Rog!) but I am wondering if an elder axe w/ dot, similar pdps, etc is really that much better?

2) Does intimidate on hit do anything for the actual bleed portion of the build? I have a synth ring w/ the intimidate on hit implicit from Heist that I'm using but I am unsure if it actually scales bleed damage or if it's just the initial hit that gets boosted from the Intimidate

Character is 'gduelistfour' if you don't mind looking at my character.
"
BigBroEdward a écrit :

1) My axe is okay (450 pdps w/ generic t2 DoT multi + crafted increased DoT, thank you Rog!) but I am wondering if an elder axe w/ dot, similar pdps, etc is really that much better?

2) Does intimidate on hit do anything for the actual bleed portion of the build? I have a synth ring w/ the intimidate on hit implicit from Heist that I'm using but I am unsure if it actually scales bleed damage or if it's just the initial hit that gets boosted from the Intimidate

Character is 'gduelistfour' if you don't mind looking at my character.

1. DoT Multiplier is always better if it's compared to the same amount of increase in DoT. For example, if you have a T2 Elder DoT Multiplier (43%) instead of your current modifiers (13% DoT Multi + 30% increased DoT) then the damage looks like the following (top row is your current axe):

This is why multiplier is so important and you need them on your jewels as well.

2. Intimidate does not increase bleed damage, only attack damage.

Now, the real question is how to maximize your damage (and little things do add up). Some observations below:

Alternative quality gems (i.e. Chance to Bleed)
Awakened gems (i.e. Brutality)
Quality on gems (i.e. Multistrike)
Level on gems (i.e. Pride)
DoT Multi on Jewels

You might be wondering why you need to invest so much into your boss killer...And the answer to that is this build can kill bosses but majority of the investment went into its defenses (block/life etc). Without more investment, you will find yourself staring at the boss for 5 minutes.

There are no words to sway those who will not listen. -- Veritania, the Redeemer

Dear strTrader

As discussed I really wanted to thank you for this amazing build and so good description.
I'm not following it exactly and made some adjustments (on life nodes mainly) and on some items (max chaos res, hands of high templar gloves)
But i don't understand why i'm dying so many times ; i'm really struggling on T16 bosses and on Sirus (t6 so far) ==> by the way i'm level 95

Please find below my POB

https://pastebin.com/ehgRqKUM

Could you please help me understanding where i'm wrong?

Thank you for your time and sweet conversation
Dernière édition par Binjoe, le 3 sept. 2021 15:01:57
"
Binjoe a écrit :
Dear strTrader
As discussed please find below my POB

Your build is really strong already. The following are suggestions only, you can try them and see if you like them.

1. If you can kill map boss within 10s, you can remove your increased duration and link tempest shield to CWDT. This way, your vaal molten shell can still have maximum protection.

2. Call to Arms, as we discussed. For other readers, Immortal Call is not a Warcry and does not share CD with Enduring Cry.

3. I started this league using 2 counter attacks: Reckoning and Riposte. I felt Riposte is not that useful because it's melee range while Reckoning is AoE. Therefore when you block, unless there are enemies in melee range, Riposte will trigger but Life on Hit will not. So instead I used pulverise so Reckoning can hit more enemies. Vengeance has a similar issue (to a lesser extent) but it has a longer CD. During mapping, I try not to leap slam into the middle of a pack of enemy because lacerate hits in a cone in front of you. For more efficiency, I leap to the edge of the pack and attack. When you are not surrounded, Riposte and Vengeance has less effect. Ultimately, I think it's a play style decision. You can try the melee phys + pulverise + life gain on hit and see how that feels.

why Cruelty Support? Awakened Unbound Ailments Support give more dps in pob
"
Binjoe wrote:

Dear strTrader
As discussed please find below my POB

Your build is really strong already. The following are suggestions only, you can try them and see if you like them.

1. If you can kill map boss within 10s, you can remove your increased duration and link tempest shield to CWDT. This way, your vaal molten shell can still have maximum protection.

2. Call to Arms, as we discussed. For other readers, Immortal Call is not a Warcry and does not share CD with Enduring Cry.

3. I started this league using 2 counter attacks: Reckoning and Riposte. I felt Riposte is not that useful because it's melee range while Reckoning is AoE. Therefore when you block, unless there are enemies in melee range, Riposte will trigger but Life on Hit will not. So instead I used pulverise so Reckoning can hit more enemies. Vengeance has a similar issue (to a lesser extent) but it has a longer CD. During mapping, I try not to leap slam into the middle of a pack of enemy because lacerate hits in a cone in front of you. For more efficiency, I leap to the edge of the pack and attack. When you are not surrounded, Riposte and Vengeance has less effect. Ultimately, I think it's a play style decision. You can try the melee phys + pulverise + life gain on hit and see how that feels.

thanks for your time. i made some tests :

1./ I can not kill T16 boss in less than 10secs. I feel really confortable in having a vaal molten shell who lasts almost 16secs.
If I succeed to increase my dps, will definitively studdy this solution to drop the Increase duration support and put a Tempest shield instead.

2./ Yes, I saw it now, Immortal call does not share cooldown with Enduring cry. But I prefer not to "waste" a point in putting Call to Arms node as i do not use enduring cry so much. The "not instant" use is not so disturbing for me. I'm probably wrong but i feel more usefull to add a 5% life node instead of Call to Arms.

3./ Following your advise, I dropped the Divergent riposte gem on shield and replace it by Pulverise. However, I kept Phantasmal Vengeance for rage genration.
I really feel the difference when i have some rage in combat. Definitively worth it.

Other./ Analysing your build "differently" make me realized something. My problem can come from the flasks ; specially the enchants on flasks. I made some adjustements :
. I dropped Mana flask to take a Basalt flask with Enchantment "used when you use a guard skill"
. I changed my enchantment on my Lion roar flask because with "used when you block" enchant, I realized that I was almost empty all the time. I put "used when you hit a rare or unique enemy" enchant instead.
. I changed my life flask to remove ignite on use. Ignite is really a pain this league
Dernière édition par Binjoe, le 4 sept. 2021 12:46:41
"
Binjoe a écrit :
"
3./ Following your advise, I dropped the Divergent riposte gem on shield and replace it by Pulverise. However, I kept Phantasmal Vengeance for rage genration.
I really feel the difference when i have some rage in combat. Definitively worth it.

I see how rage can be beneficial when you don't have attack speed on your axe. Maybe you can try a different axe with speed + medium cluster with culling strike. Speed is quite important for this build.

"
vvarior a écrit :
why Cruelty Support? Awakened Unbound Ailments Support give more dps in pob

I suggest you try Cruelty Support. It gives 40% more damage over time verses Awakened Unbound Ailments's 22% damage with ailments. PoB's DPS calculation does not include the Cruelty Buff.

Awesome guide, really detailed.

I have some questions, since I'm planning to use this guide to help me with my practice to the next league 3.16.

Why people say this build is weak against DoT? Don't we have a lot of sources of life regen? Passive life regen, enduring cry, flask, jack, shield, life on hit

Do you stay one blood or stand stance? Or if u keep switching the stances, in which scenarios u do?

I see that u are using poachers mark in ur endgame setup, how its performing? its a good mana/life/damage source?

Isn't shield charge a better skill than leap slam to move?

No quicksilver flask?

If possible, in the future it would be cool to have a leveling section too in this guide, It would help a lot of new players.

It would be awesome too if you could edit your POB to to have a lower level trees too, so we would know which passives/gems would benefit us most, being efficient.

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires