Wrecker's 3.14 Trigger Happy builds (x2) (not a guide, sorry!)

Alright everyone! I'm off to work on 3.15's stuff (So I won't be responding to this thread anymore). Thanks for all your time, effort, feedback, and kindness! It was very helpful. Thank you.

3.15 is bringing so many changes that a lot of theory crafters will have to start from scratch. But as soon as I have one of these builds the way I want it, I'll post it for sure. I wish you the best in 3.15!

Hey Everyone!

You win! Here are the two ways I'd think I'd change my 3.11 Trigger Happy build for 3.14.

(If you don't mind, spend a minute and read the 3 small drop-down sections. It'll save you some time and make sure we're on the same page.)

A Bit About the Build
OK OK! YOU WIN! ;) (Disclaimer)
So, in 3.11 I disbanded my Trigger Happy guide (a max block Gladiator). Over time, as GGG's game kept progressing, the build ended up not having the offensive output I was content with for my personal playstyle and preferences. But since then, I have had MANY inquiries/requests into the old Trigger Happy build. Some saying they're still playing it and that it's their favourite build ever, others asking what changes I'd make with all the new content that gets added to each league...There have been so many inquiries that I decided I'd post the changes that I'd make to the 3.14 version of the build.

These are the changes (2 builds) that I'd make to my old 3.11 Trigger Happy (max block Glad. with a focus on counter-attack damage) with all the changes that have happened since 3.11. Warcries have really changed since 3.11 and with a blocking build, it was hard to ignore. We want to be hit...so...So there's a Warcry version and a slightly different tree for the pure melee version. I'm not sure if the CwDT aspects of each build will work, but I'm hoping it'll pan out in the invested T14+ maps. Go get hit and let me know how it works!

I'm posting 2 iterations of the build because I couldn't decide which version would be best. So feedback would be appreciated. Now, keep in mind that I haven't played these posted builds. This is just me, making a build "on paper" and thinking, "ya, that's awesome. Let's do it!".
Unfortunately, this isn't a guide, it's just a build post
Now, this isn't a guide. It's just me posting a build. So I won't be following this thread to answer questions and such as I only have the personal time for 3 guides...and I already have those guides posted for 3.14. But I will be reading all of the comments and suggestions.
Buuuuut...I want feedback!
Over the last while, PoE seems to be getting busier and busier. There are so many more enemies and so much more content on the screen at once that it's getting harder to know what your dangers are. For my playstyle, this game is turning more and more into a game of chance. Now, in my three current guides, I don't have a tank. I love the guides I have but for the slow-paced style that I like and the current state of the game, I think a tank build needs to enter the portfolio.

So, though I said I won't be answering questions or responding to this post as I would a guide, I would LOVE some feedback on the posted builds. I'm happy to hear about all aspects of the process and build. (Only honesty helps though ;).)

I have also posted two other builds with the same goal in mind (you can find them here):

- Righteous Fire Chief(tain)
- Minion Champ(ion) (New)

If you're providing feedback, please keep in mind that my playstyle is low-key. I like:
- very few button presses, 1-button if possible
- as much gear as possible to work for the build (so no required uniques or fancy mods)
- slow gameplaying instead of zoom-zoom.

I don't expect you to play that way at all. Change the build how you like and make sure to play it your way! I want to know how YOU play it and like it. Just keep in mind that I design my builds for my style of play.

Right, one more thing...just keep in mind that some mechanics of the build will become more relevant the further you get into the game.

BUILDS
The General's Cry Version

- Path of Building (community version) Pastebin: https://pastebin.com/hVa48zAS
- Passive Tree

Skill Gems (fully level all gems unless it's stated not to):

5/6-Link:
Vengeance
Riposte
Reckoning
- Brutality Support
- Maim Support
- Melee Physical Damage Support

4-Link (main attack):
General's Cry
Earthquake (Any 100% physical melee attack works!)
- Brutality Support

4-Link:
Cast when Damage Taken Support
- Summon Stone Golem
- Berserk
- Summon Holy Relic

4-Link:
Cast when Damage Taken Support (level 1)
- Tempest Shield (level 1)
- Vulnerability (level 5)
- Culling Strike

3 Socket:
Blood and Sand
Flesh and Stone
Pride

3 Socket (link the low level gems):
- Desecrate (level 8)
Desecrate (fully levelled for self casting)

I know the CwDT stuff isn't going to go off often until much later in the game. But I'm curious how often it goes off in content that matters (T14+ maps you've invested into).

Gear:

Weapon: Any one-handed weapon with great physical damage. Make sure you're using a weapon that matches the skill you're linking to General's Cry.
Shield: Any shield. But you need a shield because of the block nodes selected in the tree. (We have lots of block chance in the tree so block chance is nice but not important.)

The rest of the gear is anything you like. You'll likely be looking for gear that matches the colour of the gems we're looking for. We don't have any investment into armour but armour-based gear will fill your needs nicely.

We're a life-based character whose primary mitigation is block chance. So just look for life and resists before anything fancy.
Pure Melee Version

- Path of Building (community version) Pastebin: https://pastebin.com/NhLZ6iUA
- Passive Tree

5/6-Link:
Vengeance
Riposte
Reckoning
- Brutality Support
- Maim Support

4-Link (main attack):
Bladestorm
- Lifetap Support (Any 100% physical melee attack works!)
- Brutality Support
- Rage Support

4-Link:
- Summon Stone Golem
- Berserk
- Summon Holy Relic

4-Link:
- Culling Strike

3 Socket:
Blood and Sand
Flesh and Stone
Pride

3-Link:
- Whatever you want. Movement, active skills...whatever you like. (What? Did someone say CwDT 1, with Frost Wall and Lightning Warp? ;))

I know the CwDT stuff isn't going to go off often until much later in the game. But I'm curious how often it goes off in content that matters (T14+ maps you've invested into. (We're going to block but I'm hoping the CwDT gems are still worth it.)

Gear:

Weapon: Any one-handed weapon with great physical damage. Make sure you're using a weapon that matches the skill you're linking to General's Cry. You're looking for physical modifiers as our damage is purely physical.
Shield: Any shield. But you need a shield because of the block nodes selected in the tree. (We have lots of block chance in the tree so block chance is nice but not important.)

The rest of the gear is anything you like. You'll likely be looking for gear that matches the colour of the gems we're looking for. We don't have any investment into armour but armour-based gear will fill your needs nicely.

We're a life-based character whose primary mitigation is block chance. So just look for life and resists before anything fancy.

K. I think that's it for the builds (totally not guides). Let me know what you think!
https://www.ForeverExiled.com/: Forever Exiled, A Path of Exile Podcast

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
Dernière édition par Wrecker_of_Days, le 20 juil. 2021 13:51:10
Dernier bump le 15 oct. 2021 19:45:11
I'm happy to see you're putting up another tank guide in the near future! The predecessor for this build was one of my favorites, and got me into the game. I generally play Inquisitor Righteous Fire these days, but I'd be more than happy to test and provide feedback for this one.

First feedback: I don't like playing the witch character. I was dismayed when your guides became 100% witches. I just can't enjoy playing a female character. I'm happy you'll get at least one male in your current roster of guides.

Second feedback: I tweaked the PoB. I took away the minions, Tempest Shield, gave each counterattack a 4-link, then gave Bladestorm a 6-link (including fortify for more defense).

I then realized neither of our builds include a travel skill. That's a huge oversight! I swapped out Brutality on Bladestorm for Shield Charge. That way, you're always getting fortify, rage, and a chance to maim things.

I managed to pump up the damage right at 1.9 million on Full DPS.

I believe this is greatly simplified when compared to the current PoB for the melee-only counterattacker. For people like myself who don't like minions in the slightest, and want the most straight-forward melee dude possible, this seems good.

tl;dr No minions, more damage & simplicity.

PoB: https://pastebin.com/1iwS3n6H

Edit 1: Pastebin update. I hit 2.1 million, assuming everything fires at once. Slightly more including the storm.

Dernière édition par CaedwynArgol, le 9 mai 2021 05:49:46
"
CaedwynArgol a écrit :
I'm happy to see you're putting up another tank guide in the near future! The predecessor for this build was one of my favorites, and got me into the game. I generally play Inquisitor Righteous Fire these days, but I'd be more than happy to test and provide feedback for this one.

First feedback: I don't like playing the witch character. I was dismayed when your guides became 100% witches. I just can't enjoy playing a female character. I'm happy you'll get at least one male in your current roster of guides.

Second feedback: I tweaked the PoB. I took away the minions, Tempest Shield, gave each counterattack a 4-link, then gave Bladestorm a 6-link (including fortify for more defense).

I then realized neither of our builds include a travel skill. That's a huge oversight! I swapped out Brutality on Bladestorm for Shield Charge. That way, you're always getting fortify, rage, and a chance to maim things.

I managed to pump up the damage right at 1.9 million on Full DPS (Vulnerability inflates it with an unlikely bleed, so if you subtract that, then add the Bladestorm storm PoB doesn't seem to calculate into Full DPS, it's ~1.9 million).

For those reading, that means you have 1 activation of each counterattack skill, and a single Bladestorm attack and storm. If you squeeze a shield charge into that (shield charge + Bladestorm + Bladestorm storm + all counterattacks), it's between 1.9 and 2 million.

I believe this is greatly simplified when compared to the current PoB for the melee-only counterattacker. For people like myself who don't like minions in the slightest, and want the most straight-forward melee dude possible, this seems good.

Edit 1: Pastebin update. I hit 2.1 million without shield charge, but with vulnerability on, assuming everything fires at once. Slightly more including the storm.

Thanks for this I am playing one button full melee version of this just got a Surrender, to go along with my Crab armor set (see my league character). I use Leap Slam as my travel skill. I know my DPS is low... don't really care at the moment.

Pride is a nonstarter for me, just cant fit it into my Mana Reservation (with a level 3 enlighten + Passive nodes). I use War banner, Herald of Purity instead which is more damage (I think) unless the unlikely event mobs stick around for 4 seconds.

Trying to use the Bleed Mechanic introduced into Bladestorm, trying Jack The Axe instead of Scaeva Gladius + Vaal pact currently. As usual, don't listen to me as I have no idea what I am doing! :)

Thanks for your suggestions and feedback to Wrecker's one button build!

"
Wrecker_of_Days a écrit :
Hey Everyone!

You win! Here are the two ways I'd think I'd change my 3.11 Trigger Happy build for 3.14.

(If you don't mind, spend a minute and read the 3 small drop-down sections. It'll save you some time and make sure we're on the same page.)

A Bit About the Build
OK OK! YOU WIN! ;) (Disclaimer)
So, in 3.11 I disbanded my Trigger Happy guide (a max block Gladiator). Over time, as GGG's game kept progressing, the build ended up not having the offensive output I was content with for my personal playstyle and preferences. But since then, I have had MANY inquiries/requests into the old Trigger Happy build. Some saying they're still playing it and that it's their favourite build ever, others asking what changes I'd make with all the new content that gets added to each league...There have been so many inquiries that I decided I'd post the changes that I'd make to the 3.14 version of the build.

These are the changes (2 builds) that I'd make to my old 3.11 Trigger Happy (max block Glad. with a focus on counter-attack damage) with all the changes that have happened since 3.11. Warcries have really changed since 3.11 and with a blocking build, it was hard to ignore. We want to be hit...so...So there's a Warcry version and a slightly different tree for the pure melee version. I'm not sure if the CwDT aspects of each build will work, but I'm hoping it'll pan out in the invested T14+ maps. Go get hit and let me know how it works!

I'm posting 2 iterations of the build because I couldn't decide which version would be best. So feedback would be appreciated. Now, keep in mind that I haven't played these posted builds. This is just me, making a build "on paper" and thinking, "ya, that's awesome. Let's do it!".
Unfortunately, this isn't a guide, it's just a build post
Now, this isn't a guide. It's just me posting a build. So I won't be following this thread to answer questions and such as I only have the personal time for 3 guides...and I already have those guides posted for 3.14. But I will be reading all of the comments and suggestions.
Buuuuut...I want feedback!
Over the last while, PoE seems to be getting busier and busier. There are so many more enemies and so much more content on the screen at once that it's getting harder to know what your dangers are. For my playstyle, this game is turning more and more into a game of chance. Now, in my three current guides, I don't have a tank. I love the guides I have but for the slow-paced style that I like and the current state of the game, I think a tank build needs to enter the portfolio.

So, though I said I won't be answering questions or responding to this post as I would a guide, I would LOVE some feedback on the posted builds. I'm happy to hear about all aspects of the process and build. (Only honesty helps though ;).)

I have also posted two other builds with the same goal in mind (you can find them here):

- Righteous Fire Chief(tain)
- Minion Champ(ion) (New)

If you're providing feedback, please keep in mind that my playstyle is low-key. I like:
- very few button presses, 1-button if possible
- as much gear as possible to work for the build (so no required uniques or fancy mods)
- slow gameplaying instead of zoom-zoom.

I don't expect you to play that way at all. Change the build how you like and make sure to play it your way! I want to know how YOU play it and like it. Just keep in mind that I design my builds for my style of play.

Right, one more thing...just keep in mind that some mechanics of the build will become more relevant the further you get into the game.

BUILDS
The General's Cry Version

- Path of Building (community version) Pastebin: https://pastebin.com/hVa48zAS
- Passive Tree

5/6-Link:
Vengeance
Riposte
Reckoning
- Brutality Support
- Maim Support

4-Link (main attack):
General's Cry
Earthquake (Any 100% physical melee attack works!)
- Brutality Support

4-Link:
- Summon Stone Golem
- Berserk
- Summon Holy Relic

4-Link:
- Culling Strike

3 Socket:
Blood and Sand
Flesh and Stone
Pride

3 Socket (link the low level gems):
- Desecrate (level 8)
Desecrate (fully levelled for self casting)

I know the CwDT stuff isn't going to go off often until much later in the game. But I'm curious how often it goes off in content that matters (T14+ maps you've invested into).

Gear:

Weapon: Any one-handed weapon with great physical damage. Make sure you're using a weapon that matches the skill you're linking to General's Cry.

Pure Melee Version

- Path of Building (community version) Pastebin: https://pastebin.com/NhLZ6iUA
- Passive Tree

5/6-Link:
Vengeance
Riposte
Reckoning
- Brutality Support
- Maim Support

4-Link (main attack):
Bladestorm
- Lifetap Support (Any 100% physical melee attack works!)
- Brutality Support
- Rage Support

4-Link:
- Summon Stone Golem
- Berserk
- Summon Holy Relic

4-Link:
- Culling Strike

3 Socket:
Blood and Sand
Flesh and Stone
Pride

3-Link:
- Whatever you want. Movement, active skills...whatever you like. (What? Did someone say CwDT 1, with Frost Wall and Lightning Warp? ;))

I know the CwDT stuff isn't going to go off often until much later in the game. But I'm curious how often it goes off in content that matters (T14+ maps you've invested into. (We're going to block but I'm hoping the CwDT gems are still worth it.)

Gear:

Weapon: Any one-handed weapon with great physical damage. Make sure you're using a weapon that matches the skill you're linking to General's Cry. You're looking for physical modifiers as our damage is purely physical.

K. I think that's it for the builds (totally not guides). Let me know what you think!

Thanks for posting this! I know I have been a pest on this topic... :)

My version of this is different, you can check my league character, trying to make bleed mechanic work, put into Bladestorm. Still struggling with the inclusion of vulnerability/Tempest shield... right now excluded it, with an eye on its possible return in the late game (which is easy as we don't level these).

Thanks again for posting this just for me! :P
Spoiler
"
CaedwynArgol a écrit :

I managed to pump up the damage right at 1.9 million on Full DPS.

Edit 1: Pastebin update. I hit 2.1 million, assuming everything fires at once. Slightly more including the storm.

"
Yipp a écrit :
Thanks for this I am playing one button full melee version of this just got a Surrender, to go along with my Crab armor set (see my league character). I use Leap Slam as my travel skill. I know my DPS is low... don't really care at the moment.

Pride is a nonstarter for me, just cant fit it into my Mana Reservation (with a level 3 enlighten + Passive nodes). I use War banner, Herald of Purity instead which is more damage (I think) unless the unlikely event mobs stick around for 4 seconds.

Trying to use the Bleed Mechanic introduced into Bladestorm, trying Jack The Axe instead of Scaeva Gladius + Vaal pact currently. As usual, don't listen to me as I have no idea what I am doing! :)

Thanks for your suggestions and feedback to Wrecker's one button build!

"
Yipp a écrit :
Thanks for posting this! I know I have been a pest on this topic... :)

My version of this is different, you can check my league character, trying to make bleed mechanic work, put into Bladestorm. Still struggling with the inclusion of vulnerability/Tempest shield... right now excluded it, with an eye on its possible return in the late game (which is easy as we don't level these).

Thanks again for posting this just for me! :P
Thank you both for the feedback so far. I really appreciate it. It helps a lot and it gives me a different perspective from playstyles and preferences that aren't my own. As mentioned in the post, I won't be answering replies on these threads as I only have time for the actual guides I currently have posted but I'll address a couple of things quickly:

- I won't ever include movement skills in my builds unless they are really slow. They make me nauseous. If the build ever turns into a guide, I'll explain the movement skill part somewhere for sure and suggest an Unset ring if there's no space for a movement skill.

- I'll be taking a look at your setups and see where you're at with things over time.

- Again, thanks for the feedback and suggestions. It's very helpful! (Anytime Yipp ;).)

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
Dernière édition par Wrecker_of_Days, le 14 mai 2021 16:32:17
Hey Wrecker since u cannot use any movement speed why u don't use a stygian belt with an abyss eye jewel inside it with onslaught it just give a short momentum of speed really nothing heavy or special really rocking the league with your build so far so good
Wrecker!!!!

Update on Trigger Happy.... I tried incorporating a Holy Relic and Stone Golem into my build (its pretty easy to try), and well... they don't work. Because they are not supported by passive tree they have no defense against elemental damage and are destroyed as quickly as they are cast. Meat Shield & Minion Life Support "may" help a bit but not enough to make them worthwhile.

Just an FYI

Update... for Uber Labyrinth, I equip Holy Relic, Stone Golem & Vitality as I run the puzzles, as the regen + my armor makes the saw blade damage tankable. It takes all the stress out of running them
Dernière édition par Yipp, le 22 mai 2021 13:09:33
Hey Wrecker. Love your builds and have been using them since last league. I'm trying this build out (the general's cry variant), and was wondering where the Rage is coming from to use Berserk?
omg..I am so happy...ultimatum challenges will be more fun with this build.
Awesome. Just popping in to say thanks for all the kind words and encouragement! And of course, for all the feedback as well! I'm contemplating all your comments and suggestions. I hope everyone is well. I really appreciate you all. Thank you for giving this time :).

Just quickly...

- I'm always happy for movement speed increases when they drop, but I'll never require a specific mod or item within the guide itself. (The the exception of a melee skill needing an axe or something.)
- With the General's Cry version, I was pretty sure I was gaining Rage...maybe from the trigger skills? I forget. It may be an oversight on my part.

Annnnnd

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires