3.14 Slayer Cyclone - Ignore This Not Even a Guide

NOT FINISHED YET

Hi, I'm new in build making community and I create it mostly because I wanted to try out a lot of builds and I have to keep my knowledge/thought in some place :D

Pros
- Easy Progressing
- Can be Scaled really high
- Attacking while Moving
- Universal Build
- Reflect Immunity

Cons
- Melee
- Leveling with Cyclone feels bad (my opinion)

Gear
Spoiler

Body Armour

Spoiler

If you're new to the game or on a budget, I recommend using a unique Body Armour.

Kaom's Heart
Spoiler

If you want a really big chunk of Life and a little bit of Armour.
But you lose 6 sockets where you could normally put your 6L Cyclone or 5/6L Aura setup.

Farrul's Fur
Spoiler

This armour gives you solid amount of Maximum Life, but more importantly it's modifiers make Aspect of Cat FREE and much stronger due to giving you 98,(3)% up time if you take one +1 Maximum Frenzy Charges Node (You need to have Aspect of Cat in another item in order to be able to activate it.

Carcass Jack
Spoiler

Gives you some amount of life and res, but more importantly makes your Cyclone bigger and stronger (this body armour convinced me to buy an MTX, so I can stop seeing it :/ )

Belly of The Beast
Spoiler

Gives you nice amount of life, some res and extra life recovery from flasks.

Rare Astral Plate
Spoiler

The most typical mods that you want to find here are Flat Maximum Life, Resistances. Everything else depends on other pieces of your gear, so I'll just put some examples that I find good to have (I recommend checking "manually" in PoB, which mods increase your DPS the most.)

Socketed Attacks have -15 to Total Mana Cost - Warlord's / Delve Suffix
This mod makes your Cyclone's cost 0 so you don't have to worry about
spending all your mana due to huge attack speed. Elevated version isn't as
important, because of the "Endless Hunger" Ascendancy Node that makes immune
to stunes while leeching.

10% chance to gain a Frenzy Charge on Hit - Redeemer's Suffix
This mod is the best way to generate Frenzy Charges if you are not using
Terminus Est anymore. (Elevated version isn't worth at all, get it only if
it costs you nothing more).

Attacks have +(0.5–2)% to Critical Strike Chance - Elder's / Hunter's Suffix
"Flat" Critical Strike Chance is an amazing way to scale your Damage,
because it's the base value being multiplied. I.e. 5% Weapon's Base Critical
Strike Chance with 300% Increased Critical Strike Chance = 15% Crit Chance.
But with Attacks have +2% to Critical Strike Chance, it's (5+2) Base Critical Strike Chance% with 300% Increased Critical Strike Chance = 21% Crit Chance.

15% chance to gain a Power Charge on Critical Strike - Crusader's Suffix
If you do not have any other way to generate Power Charges (I.e. Assassin's
Mark) it is a good way to do so. 3 power charges = 120%
increased critical strike chance.

You can apply an additional Curse - Hunter's / Delve's Prefix
Additional Curse is an amazing source od damage (as long as you've got a way to apply it).

Still after the nerf Enemies you Kill have a #% chance to Explode, dealing a tenth of their maximum Life as Physical Damage is being used to it's worth thinking about it.

Additional mentions:

+1 to Level of Socketed Active Skill Gems - Shaper's Prefix
+1 to Level of Socketed Support Gems - Elder's / Redeemer's Prefix
5-15% increased maximum Life - Elder's / Hunter's Prefix
Recover 4-6% of Life on Kill - Elder's / Warlord's Suffix
Nearby Enemies are Blinded - Redeemer's Prefix
Gain # Endurance Charge every second if you've been Hit Recently - Warlord's Suffix

and if your Physical Damage Reduction is low
#% of Physical Damage from Hits taken as Lightning/Cold/Fire Damage

Two Handed Sword

Spoiler

Terminus Est
Spoiler

I cannot tell you enough how this sword is the best starter for your build, don't be fooled by it's poor pdps. The mod "Gain a Frenzy Charge on Critical Strike" makes it that you have 100% up time on your Frenzy Charges =
you deal 12% more damage and have 12% increased attack speed, WHICH IS HUGE!
(Frenzy Charges from Blood Rage Skill are generated On Kill, so you won't generate them on End Game bosses like Conquerors, Sirus, Maven etc)

Rare Exquisite Blade

Spoiler

Next upgrade would be an Exquisite Blade with decent (6.9%+ hehe) Critical Strike Chance and pdps according to your budget (preferably 650/700+)

Helmet
Spoiler

Devoto's Devotion
Spoiler

This helmet alone solves your Dexterity problems, works as good DPS source, in addition of having bonus Movement Speed and Chaos Res.

Abyssus
Spoiler

This helmet is the best DPS booster from all Unique Helmets and it also gives you decent amount of All Attributes, however! It makes you take 40-50% Increased Physical Damage (it is less of a downside if you convert a part of Taken Physical Damage into another damage type) and I personally stopped using it.

Starkonja's Head
Spoiler

This helmet alone solves your Dexterity problems, works as (slightly better than Devoto's Devotion) DPS source, giving you really good amount of Maximum Life. It also makes you deal Reduced Damage on Low Life in exchange for Increased GLOBAL Evasion Rating, which is fine because you're constantly Leeching Life.

Rat's Nest
Spoiler

It's a good (better than Devoto's Devotion and Starkonja) DPS source, but it doesn't give you any defence, so just interpret it like a bonus mention.

Rare Helmet
Spoiler

Like always we want Maximum Life and Res+Attributes that you need

The most interesting mods:

Nearby Enemies take 9-12% increased Physical Damage
9-12% increased Physical Damage taken
- Elder's Prefix - It gives you a lot of DPS, but you also suffer increased physical damage taken.

+(11–24)% to Global Critical Strike Multiplier - Warlord's Suffix - Crit Multi = DMG :D

Additional mentions
(4–15)% chance to gain a Power Charge on Kill - Shaper's/Redeemer's Prefix - If you're not using Assassin's Mark or Farrul's Fur it lets you generate Power Charges while mapping.

+1 to Maximum Power Charges - Warlord's Prefix - If you generate Power Charges using Assassin's Mark or Farruls' Fur

Gain Accuracy Rating equal to your Strength
1% increased Critical Strike Chance per 10 Strength
- The more Strength you have, the more beneficial this mode is. duh

Crafting Bench/Unveil

(8–10)% increased Area of Effect
+1 (+2 if unveil) to Level of Socketed AoE Gems
- Prefix - Especially good if you use Kaom's Heart and socket your Auras in it.

+1 to Melee Strike Range
+1 (+2 if unveil) to Level of Socketed Melee Gems
- Prefix - Good to put your Totems in.

Belt
Spoiler

Ryslatha's Coil
Spoiler

This is the best (unique for sure) belt for this build, it gives you a huge amount of DPS with nice Maximum Life. PERFECTLY look for 30% Less Minimum Physical Attack Damage and 40% More Maximum Physical Attack Damage. Noxious (Physical and Chaos) Catalyst further increases the influence of this item.

Headhunter
Spoiler

It's a Headhunter

Rare Stygian Vise
Spoiler

It is a good spot for you to get Maximum Life, Attributes and Resistances.
+ you can use additional Abyssal Jewel in it

Honorable mentions
Spoiler

Arn's Anguish
Spoiler

It gives you some Life and a lot of Fire Res, but the most important thing is changing Endurance Charges into Brutal Charges. Every Brutal Charge gives you 3% chance to deal Triple Damage.
It would be good to think about more reliable way to generate Brtal Charges than Endurance Cry alone and maybe Increasing maximum number of Brutal (Endurance) Charges.

Soul Tether
Spoiler

It was a popular way of making more tanky in combination with Corrupted Soul from Glorious Vanity Timeless Jewel (... in the name of Doryani). You can think about using it combined with Crown of the Inward Eye helmet.

Replica Soul Tether
Spoiler

Same as Soul Tether, but in combination with Immortal Ambition from Glorious Vanity Timeless Jewel (... in the name of Ahuana). You can think about using it combined with Crown of the Inward Eye helmet.

Rare Amulet
Spoiler

There isn't any unique Amulet that we really want to use in this build
As on every rare look for Maximum Life and Resistances/Attributes that you need.
For DPS the best are increased Global Critical Strike Multiplier, increased Global Critical Strike Chance, Adds # to # Physical Damage to Attacks and Accuracy if you haven't got 100% Hit Chance.

Another useful mods are:

# Life gained for each Enemy hit by your Attacks
(0.6–0.8)% of Physical Attack Damage Leeched as Mana (if you haven't got Mana Leech from other source)

Rare Boots
Spoiler

There aren't any unique Boots that we really want to use in this build
As on every rare look for Maximum Life and Resistances/Attributes that you need + (AT LEAST) 25% Increased Movement Speed, preferably 30%, at best 35%.

Really good mods you can find there are:
You have Tailwind if you have dealt a Critical Strike Recently - Hunter's Suffix
#% chance to gain Elusive on Critical Strike - Redeemer's Prefix

If you've got those 2 mods on your boots + solid Life and Movement Speed (+maybe some res/attributs), you've got yourself BiS boots you can have.

Warlord's Prefix +1 to Maximum Endurance Charges is also a nice addition.

Gloves
Spoiler

Hands of the High Templar
Spoiler

As the mod says, those gloves can be modified while being corrupted (you can use Chromatic Orbs, Jeweller's Orbs etc..), that's why they can have up to 5 Corrupted Implicit Modifiers (you can still "destroy" them (change into rare item) during corruption.

The most interesting mods:

(8–10)% increased Attack Speed - Attack Speed is one of the best sources of DPS for this build

Curse Enemies with Level (10–12) Vulnerability on Hit - if it is not above your Curse limit (1 is default, 2 if you get "You can apply an additional Curse" mod on your rare Body Armour).

Attacks have +(0.5–0.8)% to Critical Strike Chance - "Flat" Critical Strike Chance is an amazing way to scale your Damage, because it's the base value being multiplied. I.e. 5% Weapon's Base Critical Strike Chance with 300% Increased Critical Strike Chance = 15% Crit Chance. But with Attacks have +2% to Critical Strike Chance, it's (5+2) Base Critical Strike Chance% with 300% Increased Critical Strike Chance = 21% Crit Chance.

+1 to Maximum Frenzy Charges - Preferebly if you have 100% up time on them, I.e. using Terminus Est or having "10% chance to gain a Frenzy Charge on Hit" mod in your Body Armour.

(4–6)% increased maximum Life - is also a nice bonus

You can also think about +1/2 level of Socketed AoE/Aura Gems if you don't use your aura setup as a 6-link.

Mods you DON'T want:

Curse Enemies with Level (10–12) Despair / Elemental Weakness / Enfeeble / / Temporal Chains on Hit - they count into your Curse Limit so instead of using your Assassin's Mark / Vulnerability you can apply a curse that is totally useless for you (You can still use Enfeeble / Temporal Chains if you do not apply any curse, you do not gain anything significant applying Despair).

Atziri's Acuity
Spoiler

Those gloves give you enough Intelligence by themselves, solid amount of Maximum Life, Critical Strike Chance and the most important Vaal Pact Keystone if you've dealt a Critical Strike recently. As a Slayers we Leech a lot and pretty much all the time, so this makes a huge deal in our defence.

Asenath's Gentle Touch
Spoiler

Those gloves started being more popular with "explody" mod nerf due to it's Explody modifier which can be scaled with modifiers like Increased Area Damage, (Global)Increased Damage and other similar ones. If you want to use a Curse in the form of an implicit on thove gloves or as trigger on a ring, you would need to increased your Curse Limit from 1 to 2 (probably with "You can apply an additional Curse" mod on rare body armour. Enemies near corpses affected by your Curses are Blinded is also a good defensive layer, because Blind lessens the Chance to Hit of the affected enemies by 50%.

Dernière édition par Dejrons, le 9 juil. 2021 13:40:03
Dernier bump le 3 mai 2021 12:07:43

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires