Constant micro-lags since Synthesis launch

I had no issues whatsoever in Betrayal, played a Flicker build.
Got zero issues framerate wise. (GTX1070, Ci7-7700k@4.5, 32GB, SSD)

As soon as Synthesis started I noticed micro lags in irregular intervals but occurring permanently in intervals of 10-60sec. I use Frankfurt (32ms baseline), but also tried Milano (40ms baseline) and Paris (45ms baseline) and I constantly get spikes to 100-500ms for just a few frames. At first I thought it's the hype, but by now Krillson smells something rotten in the state of Wraeclast.

I restarted my whole network infrastructure just to make sure, the issue persists. (100MBit cable)

Find a WinMTR result here: https://pastebin.com/thufTWmw
Dernière édition par g0r3m4ch1n3, le 16 mars 2019 11:08:09
Dernier bump le 26 mars 2019 16:53:34
So, a few patches later the issue still persists and no information on what might be the cause.

Constant lagspikes and a currencyseller-spambot-fest. The worst league so far.
According to your WinMTR, you have from the 3rd hop "Wrst" 200ms ping, throughout. This is many hops far away from the POE servers.

Can you please take a 1-minute video clip of mapping with the all three telemetry things on (F1)? eg through Windows Game Bar (Windows Key + G). And upload to YouTube, so we get a better picture.

In the meantime.

You can try resetting your internet router; unplug all cables, hold down the reset/start button for 5 seconds.

And please use an ethernet cable to connect your PC to the internet router.

And do a WinMTR to the Frankfurt Gateway speedtest url again. As well as to the last instance IP you connected to and experiences the latency/ping spikes.

Can be found in the path of exile installation folder, logs folder, Client.txt.

Go down to the very bottom. The lines start with Date and Time for orientation. Pick the last "instance server" IP in the log:

"
[INFO Client 19828] Connecting to instance server at x.x.x.x:6112

the last number is the port which you don't need. the x.x.x.x is the IP you want to put in WinMTR and run it for a couple of minutes.

Post both WinMTRs (frankfurt speedtest url and instance IP) via a pastebin.com url document.
Dernière édition par RPGNoobANKA, le 22 mars 2019 18:29:19
First thanks for the concise attempt to help :)

I am far past resetting stuff. Just to clarify and establish some context of my expertise, I am the CTO of a small web company. My own network infrastructure was the first thing I was examining, particularly because in-house I run dLAN. Connection is fine. I decided to do so although the performance drops coincided with the Synthesis launch, simply because I am a firm believer that correlation does not always imply causality.

And the Wrst are the actual "worst" pings. As you can see the average is ~42ms. All this tells you that there was a lag somewhere in the backbones between Vienna and Frankfurt. The actual lagspikes in game, often peaking to 600-1500ms never show in WinMTR which is really, really odd.

Anyhow, everything was fine in Betrayal. Synthesis launched, bam, crapfest.
And since the previous last patch things have gotten worse, now the game just lags all together, without any drops in frame-time or network latency. Complete micro-freezes not reflected in any of the debug metrics.

So, a new WinMTR, this time to the instance server (FRA), during gaming:
https://pastebin.com/wps18R6D

As you can see, very nice av. latency, worst av. is ~190s.

However in game, again full game freezes without any framerate drop or latency issues and lagspikes galore:
A quick update on the matter, I don't know if GGG did a server-side update today or if anything in the backbone infrastructure was updated or repaired, but this evening was the first time since the launch of the league that I could play lag-less again. No micro-lags no freezing, just smooth playing.

I hope this was not just a glitch and is the default now :)
Well, update for today doing Lab.
Lagspikes every few seconds again :(

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires