[3.6] Immune HOWA Jugg | CI 15k+ es | Insane dps | Indestructible | Uber Elder video up

I'd like to introduce you to one of the strongest builds ever made, my Howa juggernaut. I utilize many different mechanics in this build so i'll try to explain them all as clearly as possible.
This is my first guide so forgive me any flaws that it will undoubtly contain, (also any language issues), i'll try my best though.

First of all, i have to note that this is not a good league starter. It will work on a lower budget, you will still have good es, damage and immunities, but obviously the more you have the better. Fortunately the build is so strong that it will plow through the game even with 8-9k ES and lower damage, so you'll be able to farm up currency for gear improvements easily. I'd recommend you to have at least few ex worth of currency before you decide to go for it though.

Ok so let's begin

This is easily one of the strongest melee characters i've seen. For me, a "strong" character combines great tankiness, damage and functionality/speed - this build excels in all of these aspects.

Pros/Cons
+ Basically indestructible with end game gear, just insanely tanky with budget version
+ Insane damage
+ Flexibility, you can go for either more dps or more ES, you can use almost any skill you want
+ Immune to all major debuffs in the game (+ temp chains)
+ Mows through end game content like it's nothing, uber elder included
+ Very good uber lab farmer
+ Very fast mapper

- Can't do ele reflect maps (unless you swap ring)
- Very expensive to reach crazy numbers

Stream
Spoiler
Currently streaming league of legends, but will probably play poe in the future as well

https://www.twitch.tv/carnarius_v2

Spoiler
Allright guys so i leveled it up and here is the conclusion.

Blade flurry version sucks. No idea if blade flurry is bugged or something, but it feels clunky and slow. Survivability is much lower because of lack of IC, even if you invest into phys damage reduction

Molten strike (yeah tested that too) suprisingly feels much better, clear speed on the maps is as it was before pretty much, but the single target damage is gutted, compared to before. You would need to switch ancestral call for multistrike if you want good damage. So that is a problem.

I will post a PoB link for 3.7 molten strike version, but won't update the guide, because i won't play it this league. The build is still strong, the thing is there are no good abilities to use anymore i feel like, every good ability scales with phys damage now, so it sucks super hard for elemental damage build. It's playable, but it's not like in the past leagues, when it was 1 million miles above anything else

Here is the pob link

https://pastebin.com/M2YDLn2M

Take a note that having grace with iron reflexes (40k armor for molten shell) is necessary, it feels too squishy without that armour

Videos

Mechanics
Spoiler

First of all you might ask, why in the heck juggernaut for a build based on intelligence and energy shield? Because jugg solves all the problems that your typical ES attack build would have. No stun immunity, low attack speed, problems with debuffs or physical damage - jugg ignores all of that, just read below.

This is a howa build. It means that we need to stack as much intelligence as possible. Intelligence will provide us damage, energy shield but attack speed as well, thanks to shaper's touch and Undeniable ascendancy perk.

It doesn't mean that remaining attributes will give us nothing. Strength will provide us massive boosts to energy shield, while dexterity will increase our attack speed as well as damage thanks to cyclopean coil.

Thanks to proper combination of items (and Unstoppable), this guy is immune to nearly all debuffs in the game. bleed, stun, freeze, shock, ignite, blind, poison, you name it. thanks to that, not only you free up your flask slots, but the gameplay is extremely satisfying, as you don't have to worry about anything that will weaken you.

For physical defence, we will be using a combination of cast when damage taken + immortal cry and jugg's Unflinching. Along with death's door boots (+1 endurance charge), this will provide us nearly permanent physical damage immunity, as well as 50% increased ES recovery thanks to Arakaali pantheon power. It's worth noticing that this combination will provide us a vast regen bonus from Unbreakable, as we will be mitigating almost all physical damage taken.

For elemental defence, we use incandescent heart, as it's most likely BiS for us. Provides great elemental damage reduction, nice damage boost, decent amount of es and solves leech problems completely.

Items/budget items
Spoiler

Build's core item, attack speed is the best corruption as it's local, not global
Budget version : just a non corrupted one, aim for 12% intelligence

Most likely BiS, except for crazy expensive 600 ES shaper regalia's with %int
Budget version: 5l instead of 6l

Just as much ES, resistances and intelligence as you can get. Also let me mention that blood rage enchant is almost as good in terms of dps as blade flurry, but you are faster

Again, focus on es, int and resistance

I gotta be honest, these gloves are insane since GGG buffed them. They are BiS in almost every energy shield build i theory craft. They are even better for this build in particular, as they give us A LOT of extra attack speed thanks to high intelligence we have. The best corruption is +1 to socketed gem levels, as it will boost our auras and further reduce mana reservation
Budget version : non corrupted ones

BiS, hands down. Shock and ignite immunity, a lot of stats and around 50-60% increased damage bonus, depends on how much dexterity you have. Make sure you always have more str than dex though. The best corruption is 6% int and str
Budget version : regular one with 15% attributes

It's arguable if they are better than rare boots, but i like them. Overall very solid boots, additional endurance charge gives us more physical mitigation when IC is not up, movement speed and resistances are very good and we can neglect the downside completely. Also sweet juicy bleed immunity. Keep in mind that VERY good rare boots will be better. Also, if you plan on using death's door, make sure that your cwdt gem setup stays on level 1, otherwise you will get perma immortal call and won't be able to use arakaali boost
Budget version : rare boots with high int, es and resistances. Movement speed is not necessary, we are very fast without it

This is our main "damage booster". I imagine that amulets like this one are very expensive, but there are similar ones with no intelligence that are much cheaper, and they provide just too much damage to let them pass.
Budget version : try to get an amulet with % stats (t2 is fine), increased damage per 15 intelligence and then craft int or %es. If you still can't afford - astramentis

This is the perfect place to cap your resistances. Other than that, focus on int, wed and flat es. Flat lightning damage is also fine

"Few" words about jewels. You obviously don't need watcher's eye and emperor's mastery (the latter is only slightly above good rare abyss jewels), but keep in mind that clarity watcher's eye is a very significant boost to ES. You will need brute force solution and pure talent for few reasons. First of all, it's rather easy to get them corrupted with 1% reduced mana reserved and we need 2 of these for maximum efficiency (this saves us 1 point on the tree, enlighten 4 saves another one, unless you have +1 gems shaper's touch). Secondly, brute force solution is a powerful damage boost, pure talent on the other side provides +25 to all attributes and 15% increased aoe, which is very nice to have. You definitely need those 2.

As for rare jewels, abyss jewels are the best, as they provide much more ES than regular ones. Aim for t2 ES (36+), intelligence and then whatever you can find in reasonable price, all attributes, int + str, resistances, additional lightning damage to claw attacks being the best.

this is an example of a perfect end game jewel

Flasks
Spoiler

Quick explanation on flasks:

- Vinktar's - the best flask in terms of additional dps, penetration and flat lightning damage are both good options
- Wise oak - remember that for it to work, your lightning resistance must be the highest. Vinktar's solves this problem, but only when it's up
- For the rest you obviously need Atziri's (Dying Sun for molten strike), after that i went for silver flask with additional movement speed (it will be up almost all the time, very nice bonus) and sulphur flask for sweet regen, curse immunity and extra damage. I think that is the best possible combination of flasks you can get.

Gems
Spoiler

Weapon -> ancestral protector, frenzy, wave of conviction

Armor -> depends on which ability you use, use path of building for the best results

Shield -> lvl 1 clarity (if you have watcher's eye), blood rage, vaal haste

Gloves -> wrath, discipline, purity of elements, enlighten (preferably lvl 4)

Boots -> shield charge, faster attacks, fortify, culling strike

Helmet -> increased duration, lvl 14 immortal call, lvl 12 cwdt, lvl 15 enfeeble/elemental weakness

Pantheon/Ascendancy/Bandits
Spoiler

Bandits -> kill them all

Pantheon -> Arakaali, you only need to upgrade Arachnoxia for increased recovery of energy shield, do it as soon as possible. For the minor one, i like Ralakesh, nice against phys degens, lab traps and blind

Ascendancy -> Undeniable, Unstoppable, Unflinching, Unbreakable, order doesn't really matter, but i'd definitely take Undeniable first

Leveling guide
Spoiler
Unfortunately, the best way to level up with this character is to go for typical blade flurry/sunder brute and then respec once you finish the story line (lvl 70, when you can equip all the items).

Skill tree level (around) 30

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/3.3.1/AAAABAEAABDwFCAUcRuqKCo9_FBHVw1YY18_Yxd2f3ase4x-4IE6ggeExIVSi0-Mz5d5m2qeV62NwQfG2M9-0iHXftlh2XzkUe8O8kHyWvZI

Skill tree level (around) 50

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/3.3.1/AAAABAEAAASzC2EQ8BQgFHEbqigqMZ41kjrhPAU8LT38TeNQR1cNWGNfP2MXZ5to8nZ_dqx7jH7ggTqCB4PMhMSFUotPjM-XeZtqnleiAKZXrY2uPq9stz7AZsEHxq7G2M9-0iHXfti92WHZfORR7w7vfPAf8kHyRfJa9kj-Cv6P

At this point, just go for nearest damage/life nodes, you should be able to easily finish the storyline without any problems

Noticeable uniques that will help you while leveling:
- Wall of brambles - this armor will completely solve your physical damage problems for the entire storyline
- Belt of the deceiver - very good defensively and offensively, can be used till respec
- Carnage heart - same story, it will solve any attribute problems as well
- Le heup of all - great and cheap rings, they boost stats, resistances and damage very nicely

For the rest of equipment, just go for rares that you find, or buy cheap, strong uniques on remaining slots (meginord's vise, redblade tramplers, ichimonji, etc)

PoB
Spoiler

My delve character lvl 100 molten strike version
https://pastebin.com/rG3d9Dqn

Same char, blade flurry version
https://pastebin.com/rVmYTScM

Other notes
Spoiler

Don't try to tank the strongest attacks in the game if your ES isn't high enough. If you are below 10k ES, there are abilities that can 1 shot you if they crit (Malachai slam, Uber Atziri's construct thing). you can tank shaper's slam comfortably even with 10k es, just make sure you have fortify on. I'd recommend doing uber elder with at least 8-9k ES and around 1m shaper dps, it should be easy to do it without dying at this point (of course if you know what you are doing :p)

FaQ
Spoiler

"I have mana problems" - there are many solutions to that. First of all, you can just try to get enough mana regen (there are countless combinations, 2% lab enchant on boots, Dreamer node, %life regen + mana regen nodes near guardian, etc). Secondly, there is mana leech (Mind drinker or mana leech near vaal pact). You can get watcher's eye with -mana cost on skills with clarity or mana leech with wrath. Also you can craft -to total mana cost of skills on your ring

"I'm at 70 and don't know where to go on my passive tree now"
- generally try to avoid all jewels slots early on (good ones are extremely hard to get), except for most important ones obviously. First of all, get all keystones (except for point blank, if you use projectile attack). After you took every major node at the top side of the tree (near witch and guardian), you can make your way towards point blank (projectile attacks), or just grab more jewel slots (other attacks). Arcing blows, divine fervour, holy dominion and faith and steel are the most important major nodes, arcane will and arcane focus are the best ES boosters on the other hand, get them as soon as possible.
"I'm at 70 and i'm weak" - this is a scaling build, you need levels and proper items to feel powerful. Never forget that int is source of both damage and ES. Get enough es and int on gear, wed on rings, proper amulet, decent jewels, lvl 90 and you'll feel like uber elder is way too easy, i promise.
"You checked enemies are intimidated in PoB and i don't know why" - Vinktar flask provides 10% shock effect on enemies, that's why i checked it

Thanks to ThorTheGrey for this one
"
Where does freeze immunity come from?
- The Unstoppable Ascendancy

Where do we get mana leech?
- Mind Drinker node
- Mana Regen is another viable way to maintain mana and an important node to take would be Deep Thoughts if you went that route

Why do some people take points in the minion damage wheel?
- The node Spiritual Aid makes it so that "increases" and "reductions" to minion damage also affect "you"
- The Righteous Army nodes provides a defensive boost as 1% of life regen which is applied to our energy shield due to the Zealot's Oath node

Are other amulets better than Astramentis?
- Astramentis will beat many, if not all, non-shaped amulets
- A shaped Agate amulet is our preferred go to amulet. Although, any shaped base with good rolls may still beat out and Astramentis
- The following stats on a shaped Agate will most likely be better than Astramentis(mid to high rolls required)
----- % increased attributes (required)
----- 1% increased damage per 15 Int (not required but a huge DPS boost)
----- Flat +attributes
----- Flat +Int/Str
----- Resists
----- Flat or % increased lightning damage
----- % increased Energy Shield

Does life gain on hit work?
- No

I respecced and my energy shield is low, why?
- Keep in mind that this build is like a well-oiled machine that is a sum of all it's parts. Gem levels, better gear with higher ES/Int, a Watcher's Eye with % Mana gained as ES, more nodes on the passive tree will all provide more ES in the long run. In other words, do not expect a huge ES pool at your initial respec into the build.

Summary
So that's it folks, i hope this is helpful and perhaps someone will try this build out, if something's not clear please ask questions in this topic, i'll try to clarify everything as soon as possible. I'll update the guide in the future if i'll come up with anything new.

Also, if this guide will get, let's say, above medium interest (:p), i'll write another guide for Whispering ice Guardian i have in plans. Currently my PoB results are shocking (27k es, 3.5m shaper dps and arguably cheaper than this one), so if any of you will be interested, just let me know :>

Edit: I tested it out, reached lvl 8x, had over 20k es and (in theory) 2m shaper dps and this is what i can say - it's still worse than this build. The numbers are impressive indeed, but it's still not as fast and suprisingly not as tanky as jugg. I knew it will be VERY hard to beat what i achieved here and all in all i just don't think that this whispering ice guardian is better. That will be the main goal for me in the future, if i won't come up with something even stronger than my howa jugg, i won't be making guide for it.

Here is the build : https://pastebin.com/DkVWkm8L

Please note that i won't be answering questions related to this build as it is abandoned, at least for now

Dernière édition par grizzly40, le 16 févr. 2020 03:13:16
Dernier bump le 25 janv. 2021 14:00:36
Reserved
Any vids?
Nice build, will try it out in a few days. Thoughts about connecting to templar and witch areas for pure talent?
"
Reblinde a écrit :
Any vids?

I'll perhaps add some videos in the future, but not just yet. But the gameplay is pretty simple -> you just go from pack to pack and obliterate. It's basically a miracle if my ES drops below 50% at this point. Movement speed with shield charge is very fast.

You can do anything you want, shaper, elder, uber elder, 8 mod guardians with ghosts, etc. I forgot to mention that this is a very good uber lab farmer as well
"
Mordenics a écrit :
Nice build, will try it out in a few days. Thoughts about connecting to templar and witch areas for pure talent?

Connecting it to templar area is not a bad idea, but there are better options left (Celestial Judgment), unless you want to go for damage, then it's perfectly fine. I'd go for witch only if i had problems with sustaining my mana (which might be a good idea if you don't want/have either mana leech or 2% regen enchant)
Dernière édition par grizzly40, le 14 juil. 2018 05:43:15
I just spec in this with my Jugg in standard, my equip are far inferior to yours, still with only 9,2K ES and 1 milion DPS i killed a tier 12 elder deathless, it was very easy, even tanked the smash 3 times with no flask active..this build is insane ty for sharing^^
IGN: crazyjake, ,BadAndAngry
"
crazyjake a écrit :
I just spec in this with my Jugg in standard, my equip are far inferior to yours, still with only 9,2K ES and 1 milion DPS i killed a tier 12 elder deathless, it was very easy, even tanked the smash 3 times with no flask active..this build is insane ty for sharing^^

I'm glad you like it!

Soon i'll add another section on how to switch to molten strike for ridiculous single target damage (4-5m shaper dps), so be sure to check this topic tomorrow if you are interested :>
Dernière édition par grizzly40, le 14 juil. 2018 18:16:38
"
grizzly40 a écrit :
"
crazyjake a écrit :

I'm glad you like it!

Soon i'll add another section on how to switch to molten strike for ridiculous single target damage (4-5m shaper dps), so be sure to check this topic tomorrow if you are interested :>

Dude can you do this tonight? LOL so I have time to build it
How is mapping with it?

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires