[3.16] Devon's Shocking! Lawnmower | Pure Phys Crit-Cyclone | All content viable

3.16 Update Changes
------------------------------------------
Scourge is hard on Cyclone :/ Sadge.

- DPS higher
- tankier than before
- changed the chestpiece (again!)
- Belly of the beast!
------------------------------------------

IMPORTANT:

For Stun mitigation choose one of these:

1) Mastery: 50% increased stun threshold and a lot of Life! (6k optimal) (recommended)

or

2) Endless Hunger (ascendancy) - excellent defensive nodes but somewhat unreliable with encounters that have a lot of invulnerability phases

or

3) Unwavering Stance

Pros
+ works on a budget
+ boss killer
+ can do all map mods except "cannot leech" which is extremely rare
+ tanky (7k+ effective life, Fortify, Leech)
+ SSF viable (even more than before, farm Elder for amulet)
+ HC viable
+ 4mil+ DPS (without counting totem or cull)

Cons
- maxing out somewhat expensive (Tombfist, Ryslatha, decent Exquisite blade)
- totem is a bit squishy and clunky

THE BUILD

How does it work?

Starforge is still more or less BiS here, even after the nerf, but if you can try to use one that has a good corruption such as Fortify that will basically act as a 7 link (mega expensive though). An excellent alternative is a 600+pdps Exquisite blade.

Simple, Spin to win and crit!
The most important interaction is of course criting while wielding a Starforge.
Since we're purely physical the slayer ascendancy allows 100% physical reflect immunity. With that we're able to do most map mods without having to worry about any form of reflect.
The other notable difference from other builds is the use of Impresence where our Vulnerability + Blasphemy setup becomes free.

GIFs and Videos (3.11)

Elder

Sirus (A7)

Leveling Showcase
https://youtu.be/HYLFmTJe4xU

Endgame Showcase
https://youtu.be/lyo-hoyWMKg

Path of Building - Pastabin

1] https://pastebin.com/RxBYAK7X (3.16, updated 23.11.)
- updated skills a bit!

2] HC variant [less DPS, more effective life]:
https://pastebin.com/HbQxxyFW

Use this as much as you can, everything is inside. I even incorporated the Normal/Cruel/Merciless/Endgame trees, to the bottom left where it says "Eternal Lab (94)", click on that and you can swap out the trees to see what you need to prioritize. Also here you can check out the whole tree, gear, gems, enchants, damage, etc. Basically you can see everything that I had and what you should aim for.
New character inside!

Excellent Large Cluster options:

Leveling

General tips:

Spoiler
- Use one of these for leveling: Mana pots / Wurm's Molt leather belt
- prioritize Life and Resistances -> a good starting item is Goldrim, you can basically wear it to maps with the resists it provides, afterwards you want an armor based helm with life and resists
- boots should have movement speed -> Wanderlust are a great choice for starting out, later on equip armor boots with movespeed, life and some resistances
- remember to keep updating your Weapon/s (as with any attack skill)
- links are important, more links more damage -> at Act I you should have a 3L, at Act III a 4L and around Act V if you get lucky or buy one (shouldn't be too expensive) buy a 5L chest and throw an alch/essence on it

3.8 seperates the values for channeling skills and normal skills on - total mana cost mods (crafting mods). You will most likely still have to use one of these rings, even if it's a small -3 mana cost value just because of the rapid attack rate of Cyclone.
[/b] Before all of that simply use a mana pot or Wurm's Molt OR rush for the single mana leech node.

Guide:

Spoiler
At the very start go with Dual Wield (2x 1h weapons) and take Molten strike or anything similar, it's up to you preference honestly. Try to get a 3-link somewhere so it deals proper damage. Try to support it with Added fire + Ruthless, you will need 3 red sockets for that. You can also use a good 2h rare! When you see a big pack of monster clear them and keep going, Molten strike is great for single target as well. Remember to take Leap slam to be able to jump across gaps or ledges and after killing Brutus you will have access to War banner and Blood and sand. Use War Banner until you get Dread banner. Don't forget to update your weapons along the way.
Once you get the Siren's Cadance quest Nessa will give you Sweep or Sunder at the vendor. Both are excellent and will carry you further. I suggest you take that and equip it instead of Molten strike. If you have nice leveling 2h Rares or Uniques (2H) use them, examples: Shiversting, Edge of Madness, Rigwald's Charge. At least until you get Cyclone in act 3.

In act 2, pick up Flesh and Stone, Faster Attacks for Leap slam and Melee Physical damage for Sunder/Sweep. You probably wont have a 4L yet but that's the next support you should equip once you get it.

Once you get to act 3 get a 4-link item. Keep checking the shop for 4Ls and watch if a 4L drops from monsters. Cyclone is a Green gem and because of that the 4L item will need to be colored GRRB (doesn't need to be in that order, just those colors). Furthermore, Ruthless cannot support Cyclone so you need to switch Ruthless for Melee Physical Damage. Now your 4L item should be linked like this: Cyclone + Fortify (from Siosa in library) + Melee Physical + Infused Channeling. Buy Impale (if you can) from Siosa for later on.
Take a mana flask until you get a ring that reduces the mana cost of cyclone.
At this point focus on 2H weapons. Just aim for high physical damage and/or attack speed. Your auras now should be Pride + Blood and Sand + Dread Banner (nothing else until late as you wont have enough mana for spinning!) As I said use a mana potion or 1 Mana leech node or 1 Mana leech item to sustain the Cyclone until you get the -6/7 mana cost ring.
Once you kill Piety or finish act 3 you can go and solve all the trials and do the normal labyrinth.

At act 4 after you kill Malachai take Cast When Damage Taken and slap the Molten Shell on it, also buy the Brutality support from Petarus and Vanja and replace Melee Phys. Try to have your resistances as high as possible in preparation for act 5.

Act 5+ aim to get a 5L (chest preferably) so you do even more damage. The links with a 5L should be like this: Cyclone + Brutality + Fortify + Infused Channeling + Impale, which means the colors should be GGRRB (doesn't need to be in that specific order, just those colors). Note that Brutality negates the additional damage from all heralds so you can remove them if you had them.

Around act 6 the weapon Rigwald's Charge can be a great asset.
After completing the Fallen from Grace quest you will have access to all gems from Lani. From here on out try to setup the gems as I have them listed in PoB. It's not extremely important but you should have it done by the time you reach maps, aka the end of act 10.

At act 7 you can get the rest of the trials and go for Cruel labyrinth.

Before going for Kitava in act 10 you can try to do the Merciless Lab since you wont have Kitava's curse yet.
Until you get Starforge, consider using either Doomsower, Hiltless or Terminus Est. We ignore Hiltless's reflect because of the Ascendancy!

And that's about it :)

Passive Tree, Ascendancy, Bandits and Pantheon

Passive Tree

Spoiler
was outdated anyway

Ascendancy

1.) Headsman
2.) Bane of Legends
3.) Impact or Brutal Fervour*
4.) Overwhelm or Brutal Fervour*

*If you think you need more tankiness and don't care that much about AoE, take Brutal Fervour instead of Impact.

*If you are using Starforge then take Overwhelm.
*If you are using a well-rolled Exquisite Blade, drop Overwhelm and take Brutal Fervour.

Bandits

Alira - recommended

Kill all - decent alternative

Pantheon

Take: Lunaris + Shakari - MAX THEM BOTH THEY ARE GOOD.

All Links

Take the regular 21/20 Cyclone version just because of the additional AoE it provides and because it wont consume Vaal souls. The Vaal version is very bad as it literally (and unfortunately) locks you in place for a set period of time.
Get the Vaal ancestral Warchief instead.

[from most important to least, prioritize like this]

Cyclone (6L) = Brutality > Fortify > Infused Channeling > Close Combat > Melee Phys

Vaal Ancestral Warchief (5L+1S) = Ancestral Protector + Maim + Brutality + Conc Effect + Impale

Gloves 2L (Tombfist) = Ice Golem + Minion Life

1st 4L = Determination + Blood and Sand + Dread Banner

2nd 4L = Dash + Second Wind + Enduring Cry + Blood Rage

Gear

Mana Sustain Options
1) Take the 0.4% mana leech node or get some mana leech on one of your items (Jewels, Rings, Gloves) and get a -3 mana cost to channeling skills somewhere (Ring craft)
2) Get a chest that gives -15 mana cost to attacks and socket your Cyclone there.
3) Use a 6L hiltless and place your cyclone there. It will make your Cyclone cost life instead.

Budget gear

Look for a "- to total mana cost of channeling skills" mod on a ring or mana leech anywhere

Good Unique Swords that you can use before a good rolled Exquisite Blade are: Doomsower, Kondo's Pride, Hiltless and Starforge (if you get a Fortify corruption on Starforge it will carry you through all endgame content, try make sure it has the proper socket setup first though 5L+1s).

My Gear

Will update one of these days... probably.

Flasks

Anointment:

BiS:
Prismatic Skin = +2% Max all elemental resistances (need I say more)
Tenacity = +95 total life + +7.8% more damage
Discipline and Training = +350 total life

Most Damage:
Titanic Impacts = +11% more consistent damage

Honorable mentions: Swift Skewering, Wrecking ball, Acuity, Rampart, Finesse, Kinetic Impacts, Heartseeker, Throatseeker, Heart of Oak, Devotion, Hematophagy are all great alternatives.

My personal current achievements with the build:

[3.5 - Bestiary]
-did 36 challenges
-killed Shaper (deathless)
-killed Red Elder (deathless)
-killed Uber Atziri (died a couple of times because I suck at the game)

[3.7 - Legion]
-did 28 challenges
-killed Shaper (deathless) x14
-killed Red Elder (deathless) x1
-killed Mastermind (deathless, lvl83+) x1
-killed Uber Elder x3
-killed Uber Atziri x1

[3.11 - Harvest]
-killed Shaper (deathless)
-killed Elder (deathless)
-killed Sirus (A7, deathless)

Hope you guys like it, if you have any more questions feel free to ask down below.

Check out what I'm playing this league and other guides:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2724153
"Let your smile change the world, but don't let the world change your smile." -unknown
"The Emperor beckons and the world attends." -Izaro
"Shine boldly so that all may find you when the night falls." -Izaro
Dernière édition par devon752, le 23 nov. 2021 04:08:33
Dernier bump le 12 déc. 2021 16:06:59
Hi, nice build very close to what I've done.

I went a different route, not as much HP as your build. www.poeurl.com/bR38.

I also use Overwhelm over Bane of Legends, so I can get fortify from my belt, which I'm planning on rerolling once I have coin again.

I also use Rotgut Flask, to get me onslaught.

The end goal is to try and work out way to get Abyssus helm into the build. I can't seem to get physical damage reduction I need or life pool (my items are 40-50+ hp atm). The helm just so nice for Starforge.

I've tried Champion and Jugger, both decent I found Jugger was a beast but tad slow and Champion lacked leeching. I plan to revisit them both once I can respec my 3rd char.

What's your take on my build what am I missing as I'm tad newbie, also I run close to same items as you apart from the helmet. Rest is along same lines rare's with life/res/physical.

"
saizosol a écrit :
Hi, nice build very close to what I've done.

I went a different route, not as much HP as your build. www.poeurl.com/bR38.

I also use Overwhelm over Bane of Legends, so I can get fortify from my belt, which I'm planning on rerolling once I have coin again.

I also use Rotgut Flask, to get me onslaught.

The end goal is to try and work out way to get Abyssus helm into the build. I can't seem to get physical damage reduction I need or life pool (my items are 40-50+ hp atm). The helm just so nice for Starforge.

I've tried Champion and Jugger, both decent I found Jugger was a beast but tad slow and Champion lacked leeching. I plan to revisit them both once I can respec my 3rd char.

What's your take on my build what am I missing as I'm tad newbie, also I run close to same items as you apart from the helmet. Rest is along same lines rare's with life/res/physical.

Heya thanks for checking out this build :D

I see you went for stuns and that's just fine, but I am perplexed as to why didn't you go with maces instead of swords? If you check out the mace nodes you will see that they further improve stun thresholds and stun duration. A solid weapon (although a bit weaker in dps than the starforge) is Tidebreaker, an excellent choice for a stun oriented build. In my opinion I would've gone with that as it will basically provide a 7th link, making up for some of the damage lost compared to Starforge.

Now regarding life, if you check my gear I try to get around 80hp on all my items, if you have 40-50 that's probably the main difference along with Blood Magic. If you check the nodes behind Blood Magic you will see what I mean.

Yeah Abyssus is a bit problematic but if you go with a Jugger and Tidebreaker you can get a sick combo rolling out. Tidebreaker will provide constant endurance charges, more endurance charges = more tankiness and more damage because of the Endurance charge on melee stun from Tidebreaker (it basically makes your endurance charges have 3% more damage). Also don't be afraid to put in some nodes like Armour Mastery if you need phys reduction. The life nodes toward marauder also provide a lot of armor along with life. As you can see I took them even though I'm a Slayer.

If you remain a Starforge slayer I'd recommend just getting fortify through leap slam and discard the stun nodes and go for damage. 20% cull is basically 20% more damage.

Hope this helps!
"Let your smile change the world, but don't let the world change your smile." -unknown
Dernière édition par devon752, le 8 avr. 2018 05:06:47
Suggested Pantheon?
"
digital420 a écrit :
Suggested Pantheon?

Oh! I forgot to add that. Thank you.

For bossing I suggest taking Soul of Arakaali definitely for the main one since you want that extra recovery and then either Ryslatha (synergises with Worms and Blood of the Karui, plus using a clutch flask gets a bonus) Shakari (use this one for the chaos res and poison immunity when a map rolls poison on hit), Gurukhan (speed is great) or Gruthkul (tankier a bit, although after you've been hit so whatever).

For mapping though I think the optimal setup is Lunaris + Gurukhan (gottagofast).
Dernière édition par devon752, le 9 avr. 2018 11:53:38
Hi OP, I'm really thinking about trying out something spinny to see if it gives me some willpower to go for 36 challenges this league.
Is there any possibility of a Kaom's Heart and an additional aura along with Vulnerability version with no Blood Magic?
I really dislike Blood Magic, and I want to facetank shit a lot, 'cause I suck at this game.
Thank you!
What is the best budget weapon to use before buying "Starforge"?
"
xmadruguinha a écrit :
Hi OP, I'm really thinking about trying out something spinny to see if it gives me some willpower to go for 36 challenges this league.
Is there any possibility of a Kaom's Heart and an additional aura along with Vulnerability version with no Blood Magic?
I really dislike Blood Magic, and I want to facetank shit a lot, 'cause I suck at this game.
Thank you!

There is a possibility, but I wouldn't recommend it.
You have to consider that you will lose quite some DPS on your totem (since Kaom's doesn't have any sockets) for a difference of ~650HP (if you're in a HC or SSF environment then sure, go for it but for SC I wouldn't sacrifice that much damage for it). I presume you will just slap the Warchief somewhere (instead of portal or a vaal skill) for the extra damage boost. And the only aura you will probably be able to use is Haste or a defensive one like a Purity or Determination, since you don't do ANY elemental damage. But if you really want to do it then consider using an Essence Worm with an aura in it while leaving blood magic. Should give even more life.
I've provided the Pastabin in my build above, just run a few variations that suit you best while checking your dps, totem dps and your life. You should be able to come up with a combo that suits you best, even without blood magic.

"
Maneg a écrit :
What is the best budget weapon to use before buying "Starforge"?

Since you wont be investing much into critical strikes before getting a Starforge I'd recommend taking a high rolled Kondo's pride, 5L it and it will work nicely. Goes the same for Doomsower or any other rare with an equal amount of physical DPS. It all comes down to how much you like the niche attributes of Kondo's pride.

Dernière édition par devon752, le 11 avr. 2018 05:17:22
Awesome build, but a quick problem:

I've been having some rotten luck getting/farming (and linking) the needed things for all these to work out, and had to fuss and make due with what I've found. So far I've had to avoid using Blood Magic in the replacement of using Mana Leech and used the excess points on Versatility with 1 point left over (Lvl 48 at the time of this post)

I've also been using and juggling Vitality, Herald of Ash and Grace (which does work until I start not paying attention and die due to my idiocy) Other than slapping my Ice Golem Onslaught and faster attacks and had been using Cleave as a primary, there isn't much else I've tried to deviate from the build.

Been the first time I couldn't accurately follow through a character build so, am I getting this right?
"
ItsDaKoolaidDude a écrit :
Awesome build, but a quick problem:

I've been having some rotten luck getting/farming (and linking) the needed things for all these to work out, and had to fuss and make due with what I've found. So far I've had to avoid using Blood Magic in the replacement of using Mana Leech and used the excess points on Versatility with 1 point left over (Lvl 48 at the time of this post)

I've also been using and juggling Vitality, Herald of Ash and Grace (which does work until I start not paying attention and die due to my idiocy) Other than slapping my Ice Golem Onslaught and faster attacks and had been using Cleave as a primary, there isn't much else I've tried to deviate from the build.

Been the first time I couldn't accurately follow through a character build so, am I getting this right?

I don't quite understand what the problem is after reading your post. It's not that important to get the links done other than having the cyclone setup done. A 4L should be enough to get you through all the acts (a 5L would be optimal). The primary focus should be getting life + resist on your gear.

Mana leech becomes effective the more damage you deal. If you have low damage (example a weak weapon) you wont be leeching a sufficient amount of mana. So you either need more damage or more mana leech nodes.

Also note that if you're using the Brutality gem, Herald of ash wont give you the damage bonus, only the explosions. Discard Vitality, it's weak compared to the reservation it does. Also I'm not sure what you mean by slapping Ice golem Onslaught and faster attacks. You could use onslaught instead of some support gem on cyclone, just for the speed I suppose but I personally didn't need it.

I usually do the links like this when leveling: Leap slam + faster attacks, 5L Cyclone (or Cleave), CWDT + Ice Golem and only Haste for the aura since you wont be dealing elemental damage due to Brutality. If you have a spare slot/s, slap that Warchief totem just for the bonus damage on bosses. Start linking properly once you reach maps ~lvl 68.
Dernière édition par devon752, le 20 avr. 2018 04:11:04

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires