Question about Gladiator "Outmatch and Outlast" Off-hand

Hello,

I've been playing a "Sword and Board" Gladiator in the Legacy League (SF), currently L89.

Question about the Ascendancy "Outmatch and Outlast" skill, regarding the term "Off Hand":

"
25% chance to gain an Endurance Charge on Kill with Off Hand

Does this apply to shields? I can't find a definition for "off hand", but since the wording doesn't specify "off hand weapon", I don't know. For example, if I kill with Tempest Shield (a skill which requires a shield, and according to Wiki is "an item equipped in the Off Hand slot"), does it grant a frenzy charge? or... if my spiked shield kills? The term "Off Hand" is undefined on Wiki.

I don't understand if the skill needs to be dependent on the main hand / off hand, or if the skill just needs to be gemmed there. (i.e. If I put Molten Shell or Herald of Ash on my shield, and it kills, does that count?)

Without a combat log, i'm struggling to tell how I killed a mob.
Dernier bump le 19 mai 2017 17:24:04
if u use a counterattack like reckoning or riposte with ur shield, it counts as an off hand attack. so if u kill a monster with reckoning/riposte, it triggers the endurance charge of outmatch and outlast.

edit: it should also work with shield charge
Dernière édition par Freya98, le 4 mai 2017 22:37:49
Wrong. Shields don't work with outmatch and outlast. they don't have a damage value
Tempest Shield doesn't use any weapon
Riposte/Reckoning probably uses Mainhand but certainly not your shield
Shield charge uses main weapon. That is why facebreaker shield charge is a thing.

SHIELDS ARE NEVER CONSIDERED OFFHAND AND HENCE DON'T TRIGGER THE ENDURANCE CHARGES OF OUTMATCH AND OUTLAST
If the skill said, "Off Hand Weapon" or "Dual Wielding, Off Hand", there would be no question.

The skill just says "Off Hand", which I'm interpreting as a reference is equipment location. Shields can be equipped in the "Off Hand" slot.

According to the POE gamepedia (http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Shields), shields are defined as:

"

Shields is an item class of armour pieces that can contain up to 3 sockets and need to be equipped in the off-hand slot.

I'm looking for more details on how this Ascendancy skill is supposed to work. For instance:

* Do skill gems in the "Off Hand" locations trigger the condition?
* Do spikes in the "Off Hand" location trigger the condition?
* Do skills that utilize the "Off Hand" location (i.e. Shields) trigger the condition?

If the skill actually is actually intended for Dual Wielding only, it's description or at the very least gamepedia should be updated.
When I wrote my initial post I tested it ingame to make 100% sure what I write is correct. I can upload a youtube video if you really want.

A shield is an offhand weapon. But a shield does not do damage. Hence it can't kill.
Reckoning does not "use" your shield, it just requires a shield. the damage is based on your MAINHAND, hence you only get frenzy charges.

Tempest shield does not use a weapon at all, it deals static damage. Hence you get neither Frenzy nor Endurance.

Skill gems in your offhand don't use your offhand the same way skills in your chest don't use the chest slot

There are no gems that use your shield. Dual Strike, Lacerate and maybe a few other skills only use a weapon offhand, no shield offhand. Shield charge only requires a shield, it does not "use" your shield.

It is theoretically possible that we get a skill in the future that uses the shield to "kill" targets, but for now every single gem is based on weapons or no weapon at all. Nothing does "shield damage"
thing on the left in F2 is main

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires