Gladiator DPS Scaling for End Game - help requested

Greetings!

I'm trying to develop my first semi-original build and could use some assistance with damage scaling decisions and optimal passive/gear choices for a Bleed/Poison Gladiator desired to do Shaper and Guardians.

I was able to kill Chimera, but it took almost 10 minutes (noting he is poison and bleed immune)--forever compared to other characters I've played in Breach league.

Primary question:
How do I efficiently improve this build and scale up my damage for Guardians and Shaper? For example, should I drop the Sword and Axe nodes in the Templar area for the Phys and Chaos ones at the Shadow start? What is hindering my damage over all?

Primary problem:
Clear speed is great, single target dps is lacking. How do I improve single target dps?

Build overview:

-Lvl 90 Gladiator using Blade Flurry (Conc Eff/inc Area - Blade Flurry lvl 21 - Added Chaos - Void Manip - Melee Phys - Faster Attacks)

-Ascended to Blood in the Eyes for 50% bleed chance + Bloodsplosions + 30% damage while bleeding and Versatile Combat to get up to 71% block for spells too (can get the rest with Rumi's)

-Using Void Heart ring and the Dirty Techniques passive to get ~60% chance to poison and ~100% chance to bleed on hit.

-Using Varunastra Blade to help scale up Phys dmg through efficient nodes in the dualist/marauder area.

-Using Block, Endurance Charges, armor/evasion mix for defense (great so far), and Vaal Pact for sustain. 5.7k life @ lvl 90.

-Did no go crit in favor of focusing on Phys dmg and Chaos damage to scale bleed and poison. Should I get some Elemental Damage as well for my Hatred and Herald of Ash or try to squeeze in Crit?

-Bandits: life, attack speed, endurance charge

-Attack speed is a little low due to Varunastra, so currently using Faster Attacks instead of Melee Phys on Full Life

Character - Saqit:
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Gnada/characters

Passive Tree:
https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAQCAQHnBS0F-QaLCEkKJg-rEuEUIBRNFHEUdRUgFewV8Ba_GJEY2xmKGbQaPhpVG60g4yPTJIskmyaVKjgs6S2DLiMuUy_MNug9AD3iQXRHfkjuTUZOKlBHVuhbr18_X9phIWHiYuxlTWebaGVqHmzYbWx07XYrdqx4rnk5fNl-4oGbggeExYTZhO-Gs4rwj2CRzpOZlLiVzJcGm7WezaLqpzCtjbGzsty1SLkdu5677byfvTa-eL6nwYLDOsqQz37SIdNv037ZfNrB3Q3gleRR6Ubp1eoY7T_vDu968i_yQfPd9qP3MvdN-Ov5Y_xL

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Eager to learn and optimize -- Thank you!
Dernière édition par Gnada, le 9 janv. 2017 13:30:42
Dernier bump le 19 mai 2017 17:29:10
Update:

Trying out Scourge instead of Varunastra today. Seems like it might be better, certainly a more efficient passive tree with the free life leech and higher attack speed sustain is better.

Seems the 70% more dmg from the Scourge is better than all the triple dip damage the Varunastra offered. I spec'd out of the Varunastra wheel and into the poison and claw nodes in the Shadow area instead.

Deathless Minotaur, Chimera, and Twinned Core so far. Still not happy with the DPS compared to something like Nga Cyclone or Chaos Firestorm, but it might get there.

Also tried CwC Bladefall which results in some pretty insane AOE clear speed. Single target DPS is okay, at least on things that aren't Chaos/Poison resistant/immune.

Any advice, pointers, etc welcomed.
dont see much place for improvement except the expensive improvements for gear and perhaps change temporal chains for punsihment?
Bleed is actually designed for critical strike builds with huge multipliers if you really think about it. The hardest hit makes the music. So if you really want to maximize the bleed damage then maybe having some huge 600% abyssus build crit multiplier is helping a lot.

And your gem setting doesnt have an optimal synergy between the primary and secondary effects of your attacks. If you would go crit and have an increased critical strike and power charge on crit gem instead of void manipulation and added chaos damage then all the effects your attacks would benefit from it instead of just the poison effect.

But I did not calculate all this shit and its very possible that your build is still better than my advice.

And getting a good melee crit build up is fucking cancer I just rerolled 4 characters because missing life nodes, bad strength stats and therefor low flat life strength bonus and ending up on the ass of the skilltree because I was trying to get reasonable dual wield block.

Dernière édition par The_Human_Tornado, le 20 janv. 2017 14:05:36
Thanks guys!

I found that in the end (after a lot of respecs and testing) going CI is generally better of course if I want to go poison/chaos damage.

I agree about the big hit (crit) bleeds. I think going Crit, as difficult as it is, is essential if you want to do end game content with a block based character. And Abyssus is probably required.

In the end, I converted this character into a Uber Lab runner and did an Assassin for Blade Flurry. Works out better and the damage is way higher.
"
Gnada a écrit :
Thanks guys!

I found that in the end (after a lot of respecs and testing) going CI is generally better of course if I want to go poison/chaos damage.

I agree about the big hit (crit) bleeds. I think going Crit, as difficult as it is, is essential if you want to do end game content with a block based character. And Abyssus is probably required.

In the end, I converted this character into a Uber Lab runner and did an Assassin for Blade Flurry. Works out better and the damage is way higher.

Rofl are you me? When i got next to CI thanks to that Gemini cluster I was also thinking about just going Energy Shield because the life nodes of Ranger/Shadow really aren't doing the trick for an endgame build. I would run around with like 4.5k life at lvl 90 which is absolutely ridiculous even with max block.

I did some math and played around with the build planner and yes it is easily possible to get like 1.5 times higher %increased energy shield than life if you folow the shadow crit nodes or increased phys damage nodes or dual wield block nodes or all of them together.

I thought about writing this in the original post but than abandoned the idea because it seemed to be too absurd but yes now when you mention it it becomes more realistic.
van is shit, lose the void (ur probably wrong ascend) - I don't use my void endgame and I have a 49%. don't want to pollute my mind with your tree, would just annoy me. hf. yw.

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires