[3.11] Earthshatter - Berserker, Max Rage, 10-40mil DPS, Solid Tank, Quick.

Hi, I'm Saizo Sol. I mainly play Berserker every league, I’ve been playing on and off from release and I’ve got a decent understanding of how the game works.

Build Intro
This build is based on Earthshatter (Slam Skill), the idea behind the build is to go fast and slam hard. The build has decent AoE for clearing maps and has solid boss killing damage, the build at its core uses the new Warcries and Berserk. The build has a very solid tank, which allows us to play Berserker a bit more freely.

Only 1 Unique Required.

Build Stats.
- 10mil to 40+mil DPS.
- 7-9.5k Life.
- 77/76/76 Max Resists
- 82-90% Physical Damage Reduction.
- 20% Less Damage Taken, Berserk.
- 20% Less Damage Taken from hits, Fortify.
- 60% Chance to block Attacks.
- 1.5k Life leech.
- 80 Rage.
- 250% movement speed.

Pros.
- Great for clearing maps, decent AoE.
- Solid mix of defensive nodes and support skills.
- Good boss killer.
- Decently fast with Leap Slam.
- Insane Rage upkeep, with Warcries.
- 80-90% up time on Berserk

Cons.
- Can't do no mana leech maps, unless take a mana flask.
- Can't do Physical Reflect maps.

Caution.
- Be careful on no life or mana regen maps, the life degeneration from Rage and Blood Rage can kill you if not managed, most of the time your fine but to be safe you can drop Blood Rage for that map to help mitigate the life degeneration.
- You're wearing Abyssus, so don't try and face tank some of the endgame bosses, they will 1 shot you.

Video Links
Spoiler

- Build Intro + T16 Underground River. https://youtu.be/B_RdfqelKHs

- T16 Chateau. https://youtu.be/eSnp-qhECc4

- T16 Siege. (died stupidly) https://youtu.be/noIL1uGAba4

- T16 Volcano. https://youtu.be/m9Y4rYrTRFU

- T16 Overgrown Shrine. https://youtu.be/eSnp-qhECc4 missing 10 or so seconds from the start.

- The Constrictor Fight with -60 chaos resist was a pain. https://youtu.be/OePInSf4KHk

Why Berserker
Spoiler
Some may ask why Berserker, in the past Berserker had a hard time getting a decent tank, most of our tank came from killing the target before they killed us. Well that's all changed, with the recent update to Warcries and new additions to the skill tree we are able to achieve a rather beefy tank setup.

Juggernaut vs Berserker, the only real upside the Juggernaut has is Cannot Be Frozen and decent Life Regeneration, but when it comes down to physical damage reduction I feel like we some what shine better then Juggernaut due to Berserk and Enduring Cry.

With the current setup, we combine Redblade Banner Shield, War bringer and Enduring Cry, this gives us Max Rage which allows us to spam Berserk giving us 20% Less Damage Taken, which is a massive buff to the Berserker Ascendancy, and it also gives us max Endurance Charges and this can all be done while out of combat so we are always beefy before we hit combat.

Build Mechanics
Spoiler
How our damage works.
Our damage is broken down into several areas, our damage starts at max and works downwards and spikes back up very quickly.
Spoiler

Rage - This build is based on Rage generation, now unlike every other Berserker build ours works back to front, we start at 80 Rage right from the get go. We take Redblade Banner shield, which allows us to use our Warcries outside of combat to generate 80 rage.

Berserk - We have ondemand Berserk mode, we are able to pop Berserk almost anytime we want, apart from when it’s on cooldown which is 5 seconds. This means we will always have Berserk vs Bosses and hard mobs.

Exerts - With the new Ascendancy changes to Berserker we now have massive damage boost from Exerts, we mainly use our Exerts vs Bosses and harder mobs.

Overwhelms - We have 107% Overwhelms Physical Damage Reduction. This is mainly for bosses, it's a major improvement in our damage output.

Impale - We have 100% chance to impale our target buffing our damage even more.

Attack Speed - With just our normal rotation of Warcries we sit on 7+ attacks per second. Which is very important when it comes to survival.

Berserker Ascendancy - We are using Berserker for it’s massive damage buffs, War Bringer in combo with Rite of Ruin and our Redblade Banner Shield allows us to take full advantage of our Ascendancy, we get the massive damage boost from Rite of Ruin and War Bringer 50% more damage buff.

Earthshatter - Finally our damage skill, Earthshatter is a 2 part skill with it’s Initial Impact and Spikes which are shattered using Leap Slam or a Warcry, the skill offers rather large AoE for clearing maps and has great burst damage vs Bosses. Our spikes are not to be overlooked they offer almost the same amount of damage as the Initial, they can overlap landing very big damage. Our main attack however is very powerful due to Exerts buffing out damage even higher, so combine the 2 and the skill is a monster.

How our defence works.
Our defence is made up of several layers, I will give a simple breakdown of each area.
Spoiler
Enduring Cry - This gives us ondemand max Endurance charges, 2k heal, extra 8% Physical damage reduction and 8% elemental resistances then add in the skill tree nodes Escalation which gives us 10% life when we use a Warcry and Admonisher which removes an Ailment when you use a Warcry. Please note Admonisher won’t remove Frozen effect, so make sure you have a flask or boots craft to remove or stop Frozen effect.

Endurance Charges - We have a total of 4 Endurance charges which gives us an extra 16% Physical damage reduction and 16% elemental resistances.

Berserk - Gives us 20% less damage taken which is massive, less is the best damage reduction buff you can get.

Fortify - Gives an extra 20% less damage taken from hits.

Block & Glancing Blows - We have a total of 60% chance to block attacks, with a drawback of taking 50% of the damage from the block due to Glancing Blows.

Now when you put all our defensive mechanics together, we have our 90% physical damage reduction with the add buffs from Berserk and Fortify, then you add in extra mitigation from our block node, giving us a very decent melee tank.

Playstyle.
Spoiler
The playstyle is rather fast and you use all main skill slots, Leap Slam, 3x Warcries and Berserker + Totem and your Earthsatter, it can be rather fullon but once you get used to it you will become much easier to manage.

Mapping - The build is rather fast when it comes to mapping, you leap slam and shatter. While mapping, I somewhat spam my Warcries, mainly Enduring Cry and Seismic Cry, you're more or less in Berserk the whole time.

Bossing - Rather simple, just keep cycling your Warcries, drop War Chief and slam away. There isn't anything complex about it, and you should have Berserk up the whole fight.

Path of Building
Spoiler
PoB Fork Community.
Currently updated for Warcries.

Standard Version https://pastebin.com/pW1tT7G7
Standard version, is what I'm currently playing it's more balanced.

Tank Version https://pastebin.com/ZmUg0wPt
Tank version, can get upwards of 9-10k life, with bigger tank. Less damage but still decent.

High DPS Version https://pastebin.com/rtFuUpHr
High DPS, with the right gear you can push this past 40mil DPS, currently with my gear I touch on 35-40mil dps depending on how my spikes burst.

Leveling Tree
Spoiler
Starting off just follow the level 60 tree while leveling up. The skill tree's are based off my standard build.

Level 60
www.poeurl.com/cXMz

Level 70
www.poeurl.com/cXMA

Level 80
www.poeurl.com/cXMB

Level 90
www.poeurl.com/cXMC

Level 90
www.poeurl.com/cXMD

Ascendancy
Spoiler
We use the following Ascendancy, and we pick them up in the following order.

Crave the Slaughter - This will give you Rage generation.

War Bringer - Helps maintain max Rage and massive damage buff to your Exerts.

Rite of Ruin - Massive damage, attack speed and movement speed buff.

Aspect of Carnage - Massive damage buff.

Helment Enchantment, Bandits and Pantheon
Spoiler
Helmet Enchantment - Earthshatter creates +1 fissures.

Bandits - Alira: Mana Regen, Crit Multiplier and Resists.

Pantheon - Soul of Arakaali (Major God), Soul of Shakari (Minor God).

It's important that you get Capture Thraxia (Major God) you will gain +25% chaos resistance against damage over time and it syncs up with Soul of Shakari. This means you only need to get around 35% Chaos resist from an item to pull yourself out of the negative chaos resists.

Skill Gem Links.
Spoiler
Eartshatter DPS - Earthshatter - Impale - Brutality - Melee Physical Damage - Fortify - Ruthless

Movement - Leap Slam - Faster Attacks - Blood magic

Damage Buff - Berserk - Empower - Vaal Ancestral Warchief

Warcries - Second Wind - Enduring Cry - Seismic Cry - Intimidating Cry

Auras - Pride - Precision - Blood and Sand - War banner

CWDT - Cast when Damage Taken - Blood Rage - Summon Ice Golem - Molten Shell

Mana Management
Spoiler
The biggest issue you will be faced with is mana. To get around this issue you need to go about it 1 of 2 ways.

First way - You get a ring with 0.4% mana leech and grab Mana Flows (skill tree node) near Duelist.

Second way - You grab the Life & Mana Leech (skill tree node) near duelist.

Or if all else fails grab a mana flask.

Gearing Up.
Spoiler
Most of our gear is crafted, to understand crafting better, please use following link https://www.craftofexile.com/. It's great for learning how to craft endgame gear.

Weapon
When starting out to get ball rolling you want to pickup Jack, The Axe (Vaal Hatchet) it should be dirt cheap, until you get a decent self crafted Siege Axe.

Shield
Grab Redblade Banner shield soon as you can, you only need level 35, it's the only core item you need.

Body Armor
What I recommend is picking up a cheap item level 84 (Elder Influenced) Glorious Plate for few chaos, goto your seed crafting and (yellow seeds) spam attacks craft, it will give you the +% to critical chance. Keep rolling till you get something decent, aim for above +1.1% critical chance.

Endgame armor, I've chosen to go item level 85 (Hunter Influenced) Astral Plate, I rolled "you can apply an additional Curse" and +% to attack critical chance. It's rather easy chest to make, as you can use Alterations to get the Curse mod, then it's matter of using seed crafts to roll the rest of the mods your after.

Amulet
You want to grab a Marble Amulet. For an endgame amulet you want Warlord influenced amulet, and always over item level 84 or 85 depending on the craft your after. You want to aim for physical attack damage, critical strike/multiplier and life as your main mods then whatever else you can get such as resists.

Rings
Best in slot is (Warlord Influenced) Diamond ring follow by (Shaper influenced) Diamond Ring, critical chance is highly important, you want to grab Curse enemies with vulnerability on hit on your Warlord ring and assassin mark on your Shaper ring. Mods you want are physical attack damage and life, then attack speed, and so on. There are lots of damage mods you can get but they are gated behind rng crafting, so it's up to you how you want to go about it.

Also very important to note, one of your rings MUST HAVE mana leech. If you don't have mana leech on a ring you need to spend 4 skill points on grabbing mana/life leech node 0.4% near the duelist on the skill tree.

If your still having issues with mana, you can craft -mana mod onto your rings.

Belt
Soon as you can grab Bear's Girdle, it's the best belt you can get for this build, until then use Belt of the Deceiver.

Abyssus
This build allows you to run Abyssus rather safely, however there will be times you get 1 shot vs very bad mods or final bosses that deal physical damage, I recommend if your new grabbing rare Royal Burgonet helmet and crafting on some life and resists.

Gloves
You want to pickup pair of spiked gloves, Warlord influenced is my preferred option. Focus on getting physical to attacks, attack speed, life and resists. However if you pickup some Warlord influenced gloves, you can get culling strike and increased melee damage.

Boots
Best in slot is pair of Two-Toned boots, Hunter or Warlord influenced, Hunter will give you more DPS with tailwind mod and Warlord will give you more Survival with Endurance Charge mod, Hunter is around 2ex + where as Warlord is dirt cheap. Once you get the core mod, you want to try and seed craft on life and chaos resist first then pickup whatever resists your still missing.

Current League Gear.
Spoiler

Note* you aren't required to take Abyssus, it's more or less a personal preference I don't really have issues with physical damage.

Dernière édition par saizosol, le 16 juil. 2020 22:01:04
Dernier bump le 21 janv. 2021 17:11:35
thanks for the guide, This is what I was looking for!
"
darkfuku a écrit :
thanks for the guide, This is what I was looking for!

I somewhat updated the guide, and Path of Building skill tree has changed, minor changes. I've dropped Natural Authority and spec'ed else where. Also pushing 100% physical immunity with the build.
"
100% Physical Immunity.
Getting 100% is possible now, 60% from the skill tree and you can get the last 40% from ilvl 75 Elder or Hunter rings, it's prefix and it's called. (You and your Minions take (46–55)% reduced Reflected Physical Damage)

No, You can't get "100% Physical Immunity" since the cap is 90% on Phys damage mitigation. What you are thinking probably is "Reflected damage immunity", which is also wrong since 100% reduced reflected damage != immunity.
Dernière édition par sirdond, le 29 juin 2020 02:12:40
"
sirdond a écrit :
"
100% Physical Immunity.
Getting 100% is possible now, 60% from the skill tree and you can get the last 40% from ilvl 75 Elder or Hunter rings, it's prefix and it's called. (You and your Minions take (46–55)% reduced Reflected Physical Damage)

No, You can't get "100% Physical Immunity" since the cap is 90% on Phys damage mitigation. What you are thinking probably is "Reflected damage immunity", which is also wrong since 100% reduced reflected damage != immunity.

So I messed my wording up, thanks for that I will update. I made it sound like your immune to physical damage hahaha.
"
saizosol a écrit :

So I messed my wording up, thanks for that I will update. I made it sound like your immune to physical damage hahaha.

All good! It's better to raise some questions now, than have angry beginner people commenting about dying on a pyhs immune build to phys damage :)
Dernière édition par sirdond, le 29 juin 2020 04:16:39
Does this build not need accuracy rating?
"
sirdond a écrit :
"
saizosol a écrit :

All good! It's better to raise some questions now, than have angry beginner people commenting about dying on a pyhs immune build to phys damage :)

Yeah, I had rather good crack up once you pointed it out. I was like hahaha how crap does on get 100% physical immune lol.

"
hallohoofd a écrit :
Does this build not need accuracy rating?

You pickup Versatility, Harvester of Foes and Anoint (Feller of Foes) are your main nodes then sub nodes are Art of the Gladiator and Born to Fight. That should get you to 98% accuracy, then craft some items with accuracy to reach 100%.

Edit* Forgot to add, Precision once leveled to 20 gives you 100%, I have mine at around 15 atm due to mana issues, I still don't have decent crafted (-mana ring).
Dernière édition par saizosol, le 29 juin 2020 10:07:09
Hello,
Does this build good on T16 , Sirus etc ?
The crushed effect on belt is Crushed lowers Physical Damage Reduction by 15% does this mean mobs go to -15% physical giving you more dmg on them?
moooo

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires