Tectonic slam chieftain - discussion about build, not a build guide.

Dear exiles. After the new patch notes, I have been playing with new stuff in POB Community fork. I have achieved a level 68 build for TSlam Chieftain with Marohi Erqi that looks already kinda solid. I want to ask someone with enough knowledge about the game mechanics AND good math skills to check it:

https://pastebin.com/GuGjf19R

Few notes for the poor soul that will look into it after me:

-Marohi Erqi has increased flat physical damage from 30-40 to 63-90
(due to base stat change on Karui Maul item base, for specific numbers , it has been upped by ~40% ).

-For the missing parts of the build (not yet in POB Community fork) I have created the "stat fixing" jewel that adds 15% more damage from Valako Storm's Embrace ascendancy point, 148% more damage from Fist of War support, 135% (i think I have changed 1 node with this, so it can be only 120%) increased damage from exerted attacks and 100% chance to deal double damage from intimidating cry (in the skills tab, it has Abyssal cry gem placeholder). I have also chosen Tawhoa, Forest's Strength which should be another x(1+1) multiplier to the damage dealt based on what I have read. I am also not sure if exerted increased damage will be working as classic increased damage (additive) or increased damage (multiplicative). I have used additive version.

- There is no other equipment except for Marohi Erqi (6L) , Devoto's Devotion and Kaom's Heart. No flasks activated.

- Buffs that are active in the POB and honorable mentions:
1.Enemy covered in ash - checked
2.Enemy is intimidated - checked
3.Enemy is ignited - checked (important for combustion)
4.Ngamahu phys damage as extra fire - not checked , adds ~90% more damage.
5.Endurance charges - checked, we have 7.
6.Enduring cry - not checked and not updated yet (will add another 14% phys reduction)
7. Molten shell - normal one checked.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Summary:

POB Average damage (=DPS, build has impressive 0,8-1,5 attacks per second):
946k against Sirus (~1,9 mil with Tawhoa slam, 4,97 mil full buff with 4 sec window to slam).

Defense (build has no items other than things mentioned above):
Life - ~4k
Armour - 5,4k with MS active, 12k with Lion's Roar active.
Phys. Damage reduction - 90% (with end.charges active).

P.S: Any ideas of improving the build are welcome.

EDIT 1: Forgot to mention that there are 2 warcries used in the build, Enduring Cry alongside Intimidating Cry.

EDIT 2: I have not seen Marohi Erqi %increased phys damage lowered. Damage will still be similar to what is currently in patch 3.10 so average hit damage is 731k not buffed.

EDIT 3: I have been playing with 5L unique two handers and found out that - Kongors Undying Rage, Disintegrator, Atziris Disfavor, Tidebreaker and Marohi Erqi have similar damage output. Below is updated skill tree that needs only a small adjustments. With weapon of your choice and flasks active, it provides around 1mil Sirus dps. This is on 5L as mentioned above, I have even unequipped Kaoms Heart and Devotos Devotion. With Ngamahu and skill tree adjustments, Kongors Undying Rage has the highest damage output without any investment. With investment, Disintegrator would be probably better (ie. I am too lazy to test THAT option). With Ngamahu, Flames advance buff active, peak damage is 2,2 mil Sirus DPS with only weapon equipped + active flasks.

Pastebin for the adjusted skill tree, with leveling skill trees considered https://pastebin.com/TZTfnMKb
Dernière édition par AbyssOfManus, le 19 juin 2020 03:07:56
Dernier bump le 7 juil. 2020 16:36:37
Just had a cursory look, 2 things that stand out are that 0.84 aps and marohi erqi damage.

Trust me when I say that playing with 0.84 aps is going to be extremely painful, like straight up unplayable imo.

Also Marohi erqi got nerfed in the patch notes, so it's damage will basically stay similar to live even with the base changes.

"
Kurzonate a écrit :
Just had a cursory look, 2 things that stand out are that 0.84 aps and marohi erqi damage.

Trust me when I say that playing with 0.84 aps is going to be extremely painful, like straight up unplayable imo.

Also Marohi erqi got nerfed in the patch notes, so it's damage will basically stay similar to live even with the base changes.

Thanks for that, I have seen that uniques had their increased phys dmg % lowered , but missed Marohi Erqi. Will update the build template and numbers.

For the APS part, you are free to change whatever you do not like, for example take out combustion and slap there multistrike. Will not be that much, but you go up to 1,2 APS - that is also without onslaught from Cinderswallow Urn. And you can grab more attack speed on the skill tree.
You cant multistrike if you want use exerted attacks. But maybe we wait a day or two and test it all out before we cry about slow aps right?

Slam attacks are new, there has nothing been like this before exept EQ. We need to cry, Attack, move, Cry, Attack move.

But take a look at tidebringer. similar dmg but good synergies with tectonic slam. you can still link with Pulverize.
Ok so I took a deeper look.

Most of the tree is fine, though you stopped at level 68 which leaves you with not a lot of life and damage on the tree.

I made some changes:
The two phys to fire converted nodes aren't needed because chieftain converts 50% and tectonic has inbuilt 60%.

Added CWDT wave of conviction and blood rage for the easy -resist application and frenzy charges when clearing.

Swapped marohi erqi for kitavas thirst. This one is my personal preference, so change it if you will. Alongside that I took a few axe and life nodes to flesh out the tree to level 90.

I tried not to change the core tree so it still has some optimising to go through I think.

One thing to note is that you could probs go elemental overload once you have enough accuracy on your gear but I imagine that would change up your tree quite a bit.

https://pastebin.com/9aYHKPwf
"
Kurzonate a écrit :
Ok so I took a deeper look.

Most of the tree is fine, though you stopped at level 68 which leaves you with not a lot of life and damage on the tree.

I made some changes:
The two phys to fire converted nodes aren't needed because chieftain converts 50% and tectonic has inbuilt 60%.

Added CWDT wave of conviction and blood rage for the easy -resist application and frenzy charges when clearing.

Swapped marohi erqi for kitavas thirst. This one is my personal preference, so change it if you will. Alongside that I took a few axe and life nodes to flesh out the tree to level 90.

I tried not to change the core tree so it still has some optimising to go through I think.

One thing to note is that you could probs go elemental overload once you have enough accuracy on your gear but I imagine that would change up your tree quite a bit.

https://pastebin.com/9aYHKPwf

Thanks for feedback! Blood rage totally slipped my mind alongside WoC + CWDT (i have later found out this one myself, but did not update the thread). However, pastebin you have posted here does not work for me. Can you check it please?

I have also updated my POB, added more AS nodes and took also Vaal Haste for more speed (needs to check all the reliable buffs though).

The updated POB is here: https://pastebin.com/5pNujwLi

To further clarify my idea behind the build - One Punch Man of the POE but more reliable (og idea of the OmgItsJousis - One Quack Man https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8vRgG9LrIg)

"

However, pastebin you have posted here does not work for me. Can you check it please?

That's weird, it works fine for me, I'm using the community fork version of pob, maybe that's the problem if your not using it? Aside from that not sure.

But here's another code: https://pastebin.com/cRQjbAg4
I love it! Thank you so much for this build. I did however tried to tweak it a bit by adding some Cluster Jewels for when you have the currency to make some.

I changed the weapon back to Marohi Erqi and changed the phys damage to match the 230% increase in the new patch. I was able to get over 250k more damage with a bit of a sacrifice in life which I hope i'll be able to hit close to 6k with some good investment in the rest of the item slots.

Check it out and let me know what you think of it.

https://pastebin.com/aaSw76Cr
"
Redemption1068 a écrit :
I love it! Thank you so much for this build. I did however tried to tweak it a bit by adding some Cluster Jewels for when you have the currency to make some.

I changed the weapon back to Marohi Erqi and changed the phys damage to match the 230% increase in the new patch. I was able to get over 250k more damage with a bit of a sacrifice in life which I hope i'll be able to hit close to 6k with some good investment in the rest of the item slots.

Check it out and let me know what you think of it.

https://pastebin.com/aaSw76Cr

So, I have checked your build - there was some questionable pathing, alongside taking some nodes that are straight up bad (Arsonist, Magmatic Strikes,etc.) .

Check this one for changes: https://pastebin.com/8DsdD8jf

Also note, that I have changed the mace into Kongor's and took Elemental Overload keystone.
I highly recommend to not overvalue DMG from the tree. The exerted Attacks just are insane and also the new supports and crafted weapons.
In my Opinion the tree has to deliver Def (endurance charge synergy, life, armor, mobility), war cry fluidity and dmg just in 3rd place. i know, we want hit hard, but its still a melee build and we still have to facetank. Juggernaut can go straight for dmg notes, but chieftain has to balance.

Later on i will post my tree here, when im back from work.

The CWDT with wave of conviction is very helpful for me, thx for the advice. maybe link it with CoH and Flammability? On the other hand the CWDT setup is just important on bosses and we dont get much from curses there.

What guard skill do you use? Self cast Molten Shell looks best for me.

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires