[3.11 UPDATED] Fivers Endless Rage Berserker || Warcry - Max Rage - Bladestormer

I WILL BE STREAMING EVERY DAY AROUND LEAGUE START. If you need any help or have questions, the best way to get it is to join me on stream, or pop in to the discord server. I will probably not spend much time on the forums at the first day or two.

Links to both of those:

Disclamer: This build was created in 3.10, and it was very different then. This means that I have never tried it as a league starter, and therefore I have no idea how it works as one. I intend to try.

If you are unfamiliar with how to efficiently get through the campaign as a marauder, Tytykiller has made an extremely detailed video on it. Check it out here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eomt2BbnDhM

When you are leveling, it's a good idea to start using Rage Support as soon as you get Bladestorm. You will replace Rage Support later on, but it feels good when leveling. (Check 1:02:50 in the video for explanation)

Build updated for 3.11!

Changes

So, after all the changes to cluster jewels and the berserker ascendancy, this build got hit pretty hard.
The way we generated rage at the speed we had last league was removed from the game.

But luckily, we've found a new way!

__________________________________BASICS___________________________________

The new version of War Bringer will act as our new way to get rage.

War bringer will give us 10 rage for every 10 power we get from a warcry.

A normal enemy is worth 1 power.
Uncommon is worth 10 power.
Rare is worth 15 power.
Unique is worth 20 power.

So in order to get a lot of rage, you need to have a lot of nearby enemies, which is a problem.

The solution to this is to use the shield Redblade Banner.

Redplade banner gives us "Infinite Power".
Infinite Power makes our Warcries give us the maximum amount of power they can.
This means that we will go from 0 to 60 rage every time we use a warcry.

We will be relying on Call to Arms to be able to use warcries without any cast speed.

_______________________________CLUSTER JEWELS_______________________________

We will still be using cluster jewels, but they will be very different.

Haunting Shout works the same as before. We will intimidate enemies.
Mob Mentality is still really good. It will allow us to get Endurance/Power/Frenzy charges from out warcries.
Since we have Infinite Power, we will always get charges every time we shout.
Warning Call will give us a lot of armour, which is going to help us survive.
And Provocateur will give us damage.

We might need to use Cry Wolf still (gives 10 nearby enemies), in which case we replace one of the others. Don't think it will be needed though.

We are only going to use 2 warcry jewels now, instead of 4 that we did last league.
Depending on gear, these might change later on. That is something I am looking at.

We also want one large cluster with these modifiers:

We need Run Through for the impale chance (and damage).
And we need Fuel the Fight for the mana. Unfortunately this is the only good way we have to regen mana now, since we don't get any from War Bringer anymore.

Lastly, we will also be using 2 small jewels with:

It's great for extra life and you can get resists and other stuff on those jewels too.

_______________________________OTHER CHANGES_______________________________

We will also no longer be using Farrul's Fur anymore.
Instead we are going to be using a rare body armour with critical strike chance, and preferably "-15 mana cost of socketed skill gems".

New PoBs

Very expensive version:
https://pastebin.com/tD3Z6pKg
This version can reach around 28 million DPS, which is far from the 90 million that I had in delirium. That said, 28 million dps is still a lot.
Many items in this version are ridiculously expensive.

Middle version:
https://pastebin.com/NZfSr72j
This version can reach about 12 million DPS. There are some expensive items there, but I've removed the worst stuff.

Budget version:
https://pastebin.com/aaaAuDs4
This version can reach around 4 million DPS.
There is not a single expensive item in it though.

____________________________INTRODUCTION____________________________________
Hey Guys! Welcome to the written guide for the Endless Rage Bladestormer. This build has been a collaboration between myself and P190001, and we've had a lot of fun while making and playing it!

So we started working on this build in the middle of Delirium league. Since

The build is built entirely around a very gimmicky concept, so it's important to read the mechanics section before you start playing it.
Basically, the idea is that we will have 60 rage pretty much all the time, since we are stacking rage so fast. The goal with this is to have as high uptime as possible on berserk, which is by far the strongest burst skill in the game.

When it comes to what main skill to go for, pretty much any melee skills with phys damage works.
We have found that Bladestorm and Lacerate are the best ones though.

I stream about 4 days a week. Usually it will be somewhere between 19:00(7PM) to 23:30(11:30PM) (in Swedish time).
Feel free to do join me! :)
If you have questions about stuff in the guide, this is an excellent way to get fast and better answers.
You can click any of the above images to get to my different social media platforms.

__________________________HOW_THE_BUILD_WORKS__________________________________
Mechanics

We will be using a combination of our Ascendancy, some passive skills, and a specific item, to allow us to get maximum amount of rage every time we use a warcry.

This will allow us to have insane uptime on Berserk, which is the strongest burst skill in the game. In turn, this results in lots of damage!

There are 4 things that are the pillar behind the build.

Step 1:

Get Call to Arms.

With Call to Arms, our warcries don't have any cast time. This allows us to put a warcry on our move button, and it will automatically cast all the time as soon as the cooldown is over.
And most importantly, it will not interrupt any skill you are using. It looks like this:

Call to Arms

If you look at the skill bound to my mousebutton, you will see that it is casting all the time, but does not interfere with anything.

Step 2:

Get War Bringer.

War bringer will give us Rage every time we use a warcry, depending on how much power we get from the warcry we use.

A normal enemy is worth 1 power.
Uncommon is worth 10 power.
Rare is worth 15 power.
Unique is worth 20 power.

The downside with war bringer is that it also steals rage from us when we have too much.

If we use a shout when we are above 25 rage, we lose a bunch instead, which makes it impossible for us to max out our rage.

The solution to this is step 3.

Step 3:

Get the shield Redblade Banner which has the modifier

The modifier Infinite Power makes our warcries always get the maximum amount of power that they can give.
For something like Enduring Cry, this means that you will get hundreds of power stacks every time you use a warcry.
Which in turn means you get maximum Rage every time you use a warcry.

With the combination of these 3, we will be running around with maxed out rage all the time.

Step 4:

Berserk

Having insane rage generation also means you can use Berserk for extended periods of time.
Our goal is to have as much uptime on berserk as possible.

Outdated version

This does not work anymore, but I'm leaving it here for now. This is how the build was started.

The idea behind the build started from a couple of different ideas that I had.

Part 1:

You can bind a warcry to your left mousebutton.

Even though you have warcry on your LMB you will still move as normal, except every time the cooldown is over, you will cast the warcry, and then keep going.

The problem with this is that every time you have the warcry up, your character actually stops for a split second to cast it.
This is incredibly annoying and will likely get you killed every now and then.
It looks like this

Part 2:

This is where the passive node Battle Cry enters the game.

Battle cry allows you to cast warcries without interrupting anything else that you do.
Even if you are attacking, running, casting a spell or whatever. You will still shout.
It looks like this

Now you might think: Ok, thats cool and all. How do we use it?

Part 3:

In 3.10 when cluster jewels were added to the game, they added one notable called Mob Mentality.

Mob Mentality gives you and nearby party members 5 rage every time you use a warcry.
This means that you can stack rage even when you are out of combat, as long as you keep shouting.
Since we are shouting all the time when we are moving, well... We're always shouting.

Now, 5 rage every 4 seconds isn't really that impressive, is it?
No. But here's the beautiful thing. These notables stack.
We are going to be using four of these bad boys.

But, we're still only shouting once every 4 seconds. Well.. here's another beautiful thing.
By using the notables Warning Call and Haunting Shout, we'll get a bunch of Cooldown Recovery Speed.
We will also be using a node called Cry Wolf. It won't give us CRS, but it will allow us to get benefits from warcries even when there are no enemies nearby.
These ones

Together with Battle Cry (and the nodes leading up to it) and the support gem Second Wind, we'll be able to get the cooldown down to around 1 second.

This means that we will be gaining 20 rage. EVERY SECOND.

So, how can we (ab)use this?

Part 4:

Well. I'm glad I asked. You know how the strongest melee burst skill in the game, Berserk, only lasts like a couple seconds?
Virgin Berserk

Well. NOT ANYMORE.
Chad Berserk

We can get Berserk to last for 27 seconds. If we aren't attacking. It will stay on even longer when you are fighting (as long as you hold the left mousebutton).

So this means that we can enable Berserk and go wild for 30+ seconds. And then the effect ends.
Berserk goes on a cooldown, and we need to stack up rage again. Now, Berserk normally has a cooldown of 5 seconds once it expires. But
here's the thing. With the help of Second Wind, we will get that cooldown down to 4 seconds.
And since we stack 20 Rage stacks every second, it takes us 3 seconds to stack back up to 50.
So right when berserk expires, it takes us 4 seconds, and then we can go on another 30 second killing spree.

If you are familiar with the skill Berserk, then you know how completely insane this is.
We have about 90% uptime on Berserk.

Part 5:

Now, since we are making the build based around having berserk up 90% of the time, the only logical choice would be to play a Berserker, right?

We will be using the ascendancy node called Rite of Ruin

This passive skill will give us insane amounts of damage from all that Rage we have because we have triple the effect of rage.
Now normally the bonuses you get from rage are these:

We get 3 times those numbers. And we're at like 40+ rage most of the time.

Not only that, we also get immune to stun as long as we are above 25 Rage stacks. Which is also, basically all the time.

Now as a bonus, Berserkers also get bonuses from warcries if we take the passive node called War Bringer.

Not only do we get a ton of damage from this, but we also regen 25% of our life and mana every time we use a warcry. So.. Every second.

The last ascendancy point we get is Flawless Savagery.

No specific synergies on this one, but lots of damage.

I think this covers the basics and the mechanics behind the build.

_____________________________PATH_OF_BUILDING__________________________________

I am continually updating my builds, so it might be worth keeping an eye on the changelog for new updates.

Very expensive version:
https://pastebin.com/tD3Z6pKg
This version can reach around 28 million DPS, which is far from the 90 million that I had in delirium. That said, 28 million dps is still a lot.
Many items in this version are ridiculously expensive.

Middle version:
https://pastebin.com/NZfSr72j
This version can reach about 12 million DPS. There are some expensive items there, but I've removed the worst stuff.

Budget version:
https://pastebin.com/aaaAuDs4
This version can reach around 4 million DPS.
There is not a single expensive item in it though.

IF YOU ARE USING THE NORMAL VERSION OF PATH OF BUILDING, LOOK HERE.
In the normal version of path of building, created and maintained by OpenArl, there are a lot of things missing. Stuff like Impale and Multistrike do NOT work in that version. There are ways to get around it by using a bunch of workarounds, but there is another version of Path of Building, called the "Community Fork".
All the info you need can be found here:
https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/deon82/localidentitys_path_of_building_v141514_fork/

Download page:
https://github.com/PathOfBuildingCommunity/PathOfBuilding/releases

I strongly advise you to check that out. DPS calculations and a lot of other stuff will not be accurate when you import this build into PoB otherwise, since we use both Multistrike and Impale in it.

_________________________________SKILLS_______________________________________
Skills

MAIN ATTACK (6 LINK):
This will be the setup you will be using most of the time.

You can use Lacerate instead of Bladestorm if you want to. I prefer Bladestorm.

MOVEMENT (2 LINK):

Pretty straight-forward. It's tempting to use Faster Attacks instead of blood magic, and you can do so if you want, but it's not really necessary. Blood magic will prevent us from having any issues with mana while we are jumping around, leaving us with more mana for bladestorming.
The reason it's only a 2-link, is because we don't have room for faster attacks without replacing some other skill.
In my current setup I have Blood Magic - Vaal Haste - Leap Slam.

CAST WHEN DAMAGE TAKEN (4 LINK):

I always forget to cast Blood Rage when I enter a map, so it's just convenient to have it on CWDT. If you are having problems meeting the DEX requirements, don't level it up too far. If you prefer casting it manually, just unlink it.
The Immortal Call together with Increased Duration is going to be an incredible layer of defense for us. Since we will be at 5 Endurance Charges all the time (we'll get to it, don't worry), the duration will be about 2.94s. The cooldown is 3s. This means that whenever we get hit enough for CWDT to trigger, we will have Immortal Call up. Together with the damage reduction from Fortify and the less damage taken from always having Berserk up, this means that our damage reduction will be pretty good.

AURAS (4 LINK):

We will be swapping between blood and sand stance every now and then. Sand stance will be the default, but whenever you feel that you will need a bunch of extra damage, blood stance will be nice to have.
The bonus that Flesh and Stone gives us while in sand stance is another one of our defensive layers. We will be getting a lot of avoidance from blinding nearby enemies, while also taking less damage from enemies far away.

OTHER BUFFS:

The totems will be an incredible damage boost. You can use Ancestral Protector all the time, and whenever you have it on cooldown you can use Vaal Ancestral Warchief. Even though both of them are totems they work together when you only use the Vaal version of Ancestral Warchief.
Just like with Ancestral Warchief, you will only use the Vaal version of Haste. We will not be able to have enough mana to fit in the actual aura from haste.

One of these Banners will be used.
In the beginning you will be using Dread Banner, because you will need the chance to impale.
Later on it is possible (and advisable) to swap for War Banner. This is something that comes very late though.

SHOUT AND BERSERK (4 LINK):

We will be using Enduring Cry. Getting those Endurance Charges provides a good source of survival, and with Cry Wolf on one of our jewel, we can stack up on them even outside of combat.

Together with our warcry, we have Berserk and Second Wind. Second wind will work for both our shouts and for Berserk, lowering the cooldown on both of them even further.

________________________________PASSIVES_______________________________________

Skill Tree

http://poeurl.com/cUir

Important passive skills:

Ascendancy, Bandits, and Pantheons

Ascendancy
My personal preference to what order you should take ascendancy points in would be:
Crave the Slaughter > Rite of Ruin > War Bringer > Flawless Savagery

This is the order I think it should be done. At the time of writing this, Harvest league has not started yet, and I honestly don't know what the best combination would be.

Bandits
Help Alira
Honestly, if you want to go for 123 points instead, that's fine. But I think Alira is the best option.

Pantheons
This will obviously vary depending on what you are doing, so I'll list a few of them, and in which scenarios I use them.

Major Gods
Soul of Solaris: When fighting big single targets (like Awakener), Soul of Solaris is the best option. Soul of Solaris is good in most situations though.
Soul of Lunaris: I use this one most of the time. Most of the time when we are fighting stuff, there will be multiple enemies nearby. Soul of Lunaris shines there. We already have a bunch of defensive layers, but adding another one is always a good idea.

Minor Gods
In general, I would say Soul of Gruthkul and Soul of Garukhan are my favorites.
The secondary bonus you get from Gruthkul is incredibly strong defensively. In crowded areas, like the simulacrum, this one is great.
Soul of Garukhan is also solid. I honestly mostly like the movespeed lol.

Soul of Abberath can be very useful when you are doing blight maps. Those damn fire minions has the scariest burning ground ever.

__________________________________ITEMS_______________________________________
Gear

CLUSTER JEWELS

Medium:

We need to get 2 of these.

These are the modifiers we want on them:

Large:

We need 1 of these.

These are the modifiers we want:

Small:

We want 2 of these.

This is the modifier we want:

WEAPON

Cheap version:

When you are attacking as fast as we will be doing, keeping your mana up can be an issue. Early on you might need to use Soul Taker.
When you are confident that you will be able to sustain mana (you need mana cost crafted on ring and amulet for this), you should use Ichimonji. Ichimonji is a great cheap, but very good option.

In the expensive version we will be using:

The rare item doesn't have to be a corsair sword specifically, but corsair swords have lower dex requirement than many other swords, while still having decent DPS. More importantly they also give us a lot of accuracy, which we will desperately need.

So corsair sword is recommended.

SHIELD

This is one of the pillars of the build. We've already gone through why we need it.

HELMET

Just get any rare base with decent armour or armour/evasion. We want to get the enchant that gives us an extra bladestorm.
We also need to get at least a T2 accuracy on it.
I recommend buying a helmet that already has bladestorm enchant on it, and then trying to craft good stats on it.
To craft T1 accuracy it needs to be item level 85 or higher. Keep that in mind.

Starkonja is going to be a good early contender, and will likely do more than most rare options you will ever find. So you can play with that one as well.
The resists and the accuracy on a rare one will be needed later on though.

I haven't tried it yet, but it may be viable to use Abyssus. I've never been a fan of it, but it provides huge damage.

BODY ARMOUR

A rare armour with critical strike chance is probably our main option right now. Preferably with the modifier that makes socketed skills cost 15 less mana.
You can also use an armour with the modifier "enemies you kill explode, dealing 3% of their maximum life as physical damage%".
It provides a significant improvement to clearspeed.

Farrul's Fur is great, and used to be the main alternative.
At the moment, I think the best option is going to be a rare armour with crit chance on it, though.

BELT

Ryslatha's Coil is very strong, but it is not required. A good stygian vise or leather belt will do just fine. If you can't get a Ryslatha's I recommend getting a Stygian Vise with as much life and resists as possible, and then socket it with a good abyss jewel.
Life, Crit Multiplier, Attack Speed, and flat # to # phys are all going to be good contenders.

AMULET

You want to get something with a lot of life, resist, flat phys, and crit multiplier.
You will need to craft -9 mana cost to non-channeling skills on it as well. This is needed to help with sustaining mana.

RING

Mark of the Elder is just a little favorite of mine. It is one of my one-trick-ponies. Together with a Shaped Curse on Hit ring (which we also will be using), the damage from it is hard to beat. With catalysts you can push the % increased damage up to a staggering 96%.

On the rare ring you want to craft the -9 mana cost to non-channeling skills as well.

GLOVES

This is what you are looking for. You will need to have accuracy on them, because we desperately need it to cap our hit chance.

BOOTS

Ideal scenario is to get something like this. Tailwind is priority.
If you can get a pair of tailwind boots, then that will provide lots of damage and QoL.

FLASKS

Nothing fancy.

Obviously a Bottled Faith would be the dream. But those are ridiculously expensive.

UNIQUE JEWELS

If you can get the one with "impales you inflict last 2 additional hits while using pride" that one is the best one by far.
The other one with double damage is also good though, and a lot cheaper.

A Brutal Restraint is really handy to help out with meeting our dexterity requirements, but it can also give you some other good stuff.
Place it below Duelist starter area.

__________________________________VIDEOS_______________________________________

Full Awakener 8 in good gear. --- 2m 30s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EiaCdCMvv5E

Good gear
"

3 second Shaper kill --- 7s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQUKv_9dDMU

Awakener 8 with Bladestorm --- 2m 26s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZXfp9H29GE
I could probably have shaved off a couple of seconds in the last phase. At one point I was standing slightly out of range for my bladestorm to hit. :(
Total budget at this point was around maybe 20-30 exalts or so.

Uber Elder with Bladestorm --- 2m 25s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-TAG2HmKv0

Hall of Grandmasters --- 3m 22s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1gcUqqGAKDc

BONUS!
Facetanking Shaper Slam and Shaper Beam --- 13s
https://www.twitch.tv/holyfivr/clip/BlushingPleasantChickenItsBoshyTime

Very average gear
"

Full clear on Lair of the Hydra
Delirium mirror opened --- 2m 35s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJuXIvl8OCA

Full clear on Pit of the Chimera
Delirium mirror opened --- 3m 18s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jzr92hletQ

Full clear on Forge of the Phoenix
Delirium mirror opened --- 2m 30s.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNZ87QYEuL0

If you enjoyed playing this build, maybe you want to check out my Frost Blades Raider as well? :)
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081371

Don't panic.
Dernière édition par Fiver, le 5 août 2020 04:01:32
Dernier bump le 16 oct. 2020 20:16:43
CHANGELOG

2020-08-05

- Added Awakener 8 video.

2020-07-09

Changed the skill setup in all versions.

- Leap slam is now a 2 link with Blood Magic in shield/sword.

- One of the buff skills is now in the same item as Leap Slam. Doesn't need to be linked.
Buff skills are: vaal haste, protector, warchief, banner - doesn't matter which one

- Three of the buff skills are now in shield/sword. Doesn't need to be linked.

- The Warcry/Berserk setup is now a 4 link with Blood Magic

All pastebins have been changed to reflect these changes.
2020-06-18

I honestly don't know what to put here.
The build is completely different, and basically the entire guide is different.

2020-05-04

- Removed Close Combat from the setup and replaced it with Fortify

2020-04-27
2020-04-20 (2)

- Added Hall of Grandmasters video.

2020-04-20

- Added budget version of the build.
- Updated all PoBs with the recent changes.
- Updated info explaining all the PoB versions.
- Updated info on DPS values for all versions.
- Removed Ground Slam version (see why on page 4).
- Added Blade Flurry as an option (mostly for fun).

2020-04-16

- Added video of Awakener 8.
- Added gif to show how warcry on move button feels without Battle Cry
- Changed some wording

2020-04-15

- Removed Pulverise from the setup. It felt awful since it lowered the attack speed so much.

2020-04-14

- Added Awakener level 7 video

2020-04-13

- Added expensive version of the build
- Changed main skill from Ground Slam to Bladestorm
- Cleaned up the guide a lot
- Updated tooltip DPS images
- Changed the top gif from a Ground Slam gif to a Bladestorm gif
- Added video of full Forge of the Phoenix with Bladestorm (2min 30s)

Don't panic.
Dernière édition par Fiver, le 5 août 2020 04:02:28
POGGERS
Looking forward to trying it out !👍
Looks good Mr. Fiver :)
Putting the final touches on the expensive version of the PoB right now. I will start my stream in about 15 minutes though. Most likely I will not be done with it before then, and I will upload it here during/after the stream.

Come hang out if you need anything.

http://www.twitch.tv/holyfivr

Don't panic.
GUIDE UPDATED!

- Added expensive version of the build
- Changed main skill from Ground Slam to Bladestorm
- Cleaned up the guide a lot
- Updated tooltip DPS images
- Changed the top gif from a Ground Slam gif to a Bladestorm gif
- Added video of full Forge of the Phoenix with Bladestorm (2min 30s)
- Added video of full Pit of the Chimera with Bladestorm (3min 20s)
- Added video of full Lair of the Hydra with Bladestorm (2min 30s)

Don't panic.
Dernière édition par Fiver, le 13 avr. 2020 16:18:32
GUIDE UPDATED!

- Added Awakener level 7 video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0WUbZr4brI

This is what my character looked like at the time: https://pastebin.com/mjRpL3jz
I have made a Multistrike workaround on the Lycosidae and disabled Multistrike in the skill section. In the Community Fork version of PoB Multistrike works, but I know that a lot of people still use the old version.
I had an attack DPS of 2.3M. I also had 4 bladestorms, with 1.2M dps each.
So that puts me around 7 million dps at this point.

It would've gone so much faster if he hadn't spent half the fight hiding above a vortex. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Don't panic.
Any reason why the skill was changed from ground slam to bladestorm? Was it underperforming? I really like ground slam
"
masterloups a écrit :
Any reason why the skill was changed from ground slam to bladestorm? Was it underperforming? I really like ground slam

Bladestorm feels a lot better against bosses, and does a lot more damage. That said I will leave ground slam as an option. Ground slam feels pretty good when clearing.

With the right gear you can push bladestorm as far as 90m+ dps. But we are talking savior and rare axe/sword and so on. It requires -9 mana cost on both rings and amu, and high accuracy rolls on at least 3 items.

We can probably push ground slam to 40-50 with the same gear. Which is still stupid amounts of damage, of course.

Don't panic.

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires