Stabilizer has decayed

Ok this is BS.

What is this mechanic? Am I just supposed to know that Stabilizers can decay without any warning? Where is it written? Cavas says it?
Is it just something that happens starting from Map level zones?

Fuck this. I'm going back to Standard for a while.
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun
Dernier bump le 23 mars 2019 17:16:44
Ce fil de discussion a été automatiquement archivé. Les réponses ont été désactivées.
y, this decay stuff ( even walking accidentially into blue shit -> decay -> fuck up the complete planned path ) is one major point which make
synt. content SUCK.

That's a different discussion.

Here I'm talking about the possibility for a Stabilizer... the league goal... the very thing you are running through the blue to get... to be consumed.

That's an unintuitive, unfair and bullshit mechanic.

I understand they went for an Incursion-timer-like mechanic here - but you don't see the timer, and your only way to "feel" the timer is the blue closing in around you.
To have a 3rd/4th Stabilizer somewhere in the area get consumed and "mission failed"? no! come on!
Dernière édition par johnKeys, le 23 mars 2019 15:32:24
i think the message comes if the stabiliser is consumed by the goo and you can't go there.

---

league mechanic is pretty fucked up. worst league and i played them all and liked them.

there is just no room for a guy with average skils like me to have a lucky strike. tried it all, optimised for speed, ditched whirling blades for lightning warp cause that's and flame dash are the only moving skills which weren't illed by the new stuff...

you build your paths, get to the rewarding node with 6 to 8 chests and the goo insta surrounds you.

yes, it's probably fun for the kiddos with 4x exalts builds and even my build just deletes level 77 areas on two clics with essence drain/ contagion.

it's just not enough and it's not really a fair fight against the goo.

did i mention that i hate timers?
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
to follow up, and back to the op question/problem: yes i see why they did that.
with that unbelievable power creep every skill that isn't melee has no problems with any monsters anymore.

so for kiddos to not insta rape the endgame, they need to bloc the way: sparse maps (i'm level 89 and havent's seen a red map drop), goo fights you which you can't fight.

the game doesn't fight fair anymore, it's game tech blocking you. where are my pills!!!

There are many ways to let the player know the mission is about to end.
Timers are bad I agree, but they are the clearest form to telling the player to hurry up.
Visual indicators like in Syndicate Research are fine too.
Even an audio cue such as Oba's Cursed Trove can be acceptable.

But here you just don't know.

I thought Stabilizers are constant. A checkpoint you must survive and reach, while being chased by monsters and goo.
Imagine my surprise when I saw that "Stabilizer has decayed" message.
you need warping skills to jump over the goo that blocks paths.

but yes. if you're permanently too dumb to get memories with several exits you end up with alot of 2 way exits in your nexus board and can't build long paths
"
johnKeys a écrit :

I thought Stabilizers are constant. A checkpoint you must survive and reach, while being chased by monsters and goo.
Imagine my surprise when I saw that "Stabilizer has decayed" message.

was surprised as well. i may accept the task to kill monsters under time pressure but with the goo you either kill or win.

well, except with contagion where you kill once and clear the whole area while running without fighting.

the only thing stopping you is the goo and dead ends.

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires