Gender choice

I like to play with male avatar in my games, someone said on the steam forums there is going to be gender choice in the future in this game, when exactly?

I'm quite a casual player and would like to clear all content using some kind of male sorcerer.

I played the game when it first came out with templar only up to lv30s but stopped because back then it was quite grindy and it didn't look good so just moved to other games.

The game looks really nice now on my 34" monitor in max settings 2080ti but listening to all the religious BS from my avatar is making me cringe and I would prefer to play full magic not an hybrid.

Why is this game stuck in the past when literally everyone else is giving their players the freedom of choice?
The list is so big there's 3 pages https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Video_games_featuring_protagonists_of_selectable_gender

I would also like to ask why there seems to be some kind of huge imbalance between classes
https://rankedboost.com/path-of-exile/best-classes/
Dernière édition par AezurX, le 21 mars 2019 18:31:34
Dernier bump le 25 mars 2019 12:41:35
Ce fil de discussion a été automatiquement archivé. Les réponses ont été désactivées.
Because this game has more of a focus on systems of depth and content than aesthetic flutter like what gender your character is.

If you want to see multiple genders, get in touch with GGG and arrange to send them money that will fund the artwork, 3D modelling and voice acting needed to provide multiple genders for every class.

The way I see it, PoE has much, MUCH bigger concerns than reinventing the wheel. Characters are already here and people would prefer to see new items and gameplay options than revisiting graphics.

Sorry, but just because it is 2019 or 2050 doesn't mean every game needs to jump on a SJW bandwagon to suit your political views.

EDIT: I will also add, if the dialogue bothers you, you can disable it in the options and move on with your life.
Dernière édition par DuALsTRIKE, le 21 mars 2019 18:40:01
What does asking for an additional feature that many players prefer have anything to do with SJW?

Why are you defending not implementing something many people are asking? Seriously what is your problem? How would players having the choice of gender impact YOUR gameplay in any way?
"many people prefer" how many? im friends with a few hundred people between steam and ingame and not a single one of them have ever said they wanted mulitple genders, you wanna know why? because there are already the 2 genders, you can be a male and play a sorcerer or a female and play a melee. not hard. god damn, these babies need to try to bring every game down.
Yea, I think we have bigger issues than gender selection right now...
"
AezurX a écrit :
What does asking for an additional feature that many players prefer have anything to do with SJW?

Why are you defending not implementing something many people are asking? Seriously what is your problem? How would players having the choice of gender impact YOUR gameplay in any way?

1) Cesar, You're the first person I've seen adamantly demand this feature on both the Steam forums and here on the PoE forums. "Many players" is a gross overstatement and you're making this out to be an issue when it clearly isn't. I have to hear enough exaggeration from the Left on political issues - I don't need it here on my games, too.

2) GGG focusing on gender options removes their time to work on more pressing gameplay matters, which is ultimately more important than your little flowery world of wanting to pick between playing as a man or woman.

3) Nobody plays ARPGs and expects gender choice to be an innate feature. We play to kill stuff, find awesome loot and theorycraft new, powerful builds. People don't care about what gender they're playing except for oversensitive SJWs that support communism and men running around in skirts.

Sorry. Just saying it like it is.
"
DuALsTRIKE a écrit :
Because this game has more of a focus on systems of depth and content than aesthetic flutter like what gender your character is.

If you want to see multiple genders, get in touch with GGG and arrange to send them money that will fund the artwork, 3D modelling and voice acting needed to provide multiple genders for every class.

The way I see it, PoE has much, MUCH bigger concerns than reinventing the wheel. Characters are already here and people would prefer to see new items and gameplay options than revisiting graphics.

Sorry, but just because it is 2019 or 2050 doesn't mean every game needs to jump on a SJW bandwagon to suit your political views.

EDIT: I will also add, if the dialogue bothers you, you can disable it in the options and move on with your life.

a cheap solution is to change the head that is mostly static, imagin a witch body with templars head hahaha.
self found league fan

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/324242/page/1

"
caboom a écrit :

a cheap solution is to change the head that is mostly static, imagin a witch body with templars head hahaha.

I could work with that xD
Considering how often art team poops out new cosmetics, while core gameplay issues being barely addressed, yeah I think they could totally implement gender option if there was enough demand for it.
I would be happy to play as male necromancer.
Dernière édition par Außenseiter, le 21 mars 2019 21:44:03
I thought it was strange not having a gender option when I first started PoE but then I was coming at it from an RPG/MMO perspective where I usually had a choice what gender I played. Since playing the Witcher, I am much more comfortable about playing male characters than I used to be, Geralt is god :)

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires