[3.6] Lyxara's Winter Orb Elementalist non-crit Guide

what would be the gem setup for winter orb if a happen to have a body armour with 4 blue and 2 green sockets?
"
CadmiumFlow a écrit :

Can you post your wand after you craft it? I recently respecced to this build and have fairly budget gear at the moment, but I love the Winter Orb playstyle (way more enjoyable than Storm Brand in my opinion) and plan to min/max.

What base would you recommend crafting with?

Here you go:

- It has lower DPS by 2k compared to "top" multi crafted Sambar Scepter - only because i didn't go for ANNUL to craft +50% spell damage and 4% non-chaos damage as extra chaos-damage. Annuls are just too expensive to bother and it's too risky - you just risk to annul elemental damage as extra chaos.
This is my crafted wand for PoB import if you want:
Spoiler
Rarity: Rare
Death Weaver
Imbued Wand
--------
Wand
Quality: +20% (augmented)
Physical Damage: 29-53 (augmented)
Critical Strike Chance: 7.00%
Attacks per Second: 1.50
--------
Requirements:
Level: 70
Int: 188
--------
Sockets: B-B-B
--------
Item Level: 85
--------
37% increased Spell Damage
--------
Socketed Gems are Supported by Level 18 Controlled Destruction
55% increased Spell Damage
Gain 19% of Elemental Damage as Extra Chaos Damage
Can have multiple Crafted Modifiers (crafted)
Adds 27 to 54 Cold Damage to Spells (crafted)
13% increased Cast Speed (crafted)
5% chance to deal Double Damage (crafted)
10% chance to gain Arcane Surge when you Kill an Enemy (crafted)
--------
Shaper Item

This is crafted Sambar for PoB import
Spoiler
New Item
Sambar Sceptre
Shaper Item
Crafted: true
Prefix: {range:1}ElementalDamagePercentAddedAsChaosUber2
Prefix: None
Prefix: None
Suffix: None
Quality: 20
Sockets: R-R-R
LevelReq: 70
Implicits: 1
Damage Penetrates 6% Elemental Resistances
Gain 20% of Elemental Damage as Extra Chaos Damage
{crafted}{range:0.5}Can have multiple Crafted Modifiers
{crafted}{range:1}Adds (25-33) to (50-58) Cold Damage to Spells
{crafted}{range:1}(46-50)% increased Spell Damage
{crafted}Gain 4% of Non-Chaos Damage as extra Chaos Damage
{crafted}{range:1}(11-13)% increased Cast Speed
{crafted}{range:0.5}10% chance to gain Arcane Surge when you Kill an Enemy
{crafted}{range:1}(4-5)% chance to deal Double Damage

That base I used is just 20-30chaos(Sambar is over 2ex for "no" reason) - you need ilvl 85 and shaper base to hit tier 1 elemental as extra chaos damage.

And ofc you can still get better weapons if you're lucky with delve crafting or bestiary imprint and crafting(but that require a lot of currency).

"
Illmyrr a écrit :
what would be the gem setup for winter orb if a happen to have a body armour with 4 blue and 2 green sockets?

Probably controled destruction/faster casting or arcane surge is amazing if you have no other way to turn it on.
This: Winter Orb(B) - Concentrated Effect(B) - Infused Channeling(B) - Greater/Lesser Multiple Projectiles(G) - Hypothermia(G) - Arcane Surge(B) if you don't have a way to generate it(flame dash or on kill) or Controlled Destruction(if you lack damage to one shot packs - but be sure you still crit enough to have elemental overload proc) or Faster Casting if you want to ramp up DPS faster.

/Edit: Does anybody have experience with Added Cold instead of Cold Penetration? PoB is showing me +25k more DPS if you use Added Cold instead of Cold Pen - on shaper/guardian calc...
Dernière édition par nexro, le 20 mars 2019 18:57:30

I'm planning on getting a different neck and following this guide a little closer.

I'm really struggling with shaper/ue as well as t15+

Any suggestions or recommendations would be fantastic. idk what im doing wrong, I'm going to be switching all my gems to your build recommendations here in a moment. If anyone could please offer me some suggestions I'd love you long time. <3
would you suggest inpulsas body armour first, or the pandemonium amulet for an upgrade?
"
nexro a écrit :
"
CadmiumFlow a écrit :

/Edit: Does anybody have experience with Added Cold instead of Cold Penetration? PoB is showing me +25k more DPS if you use Added Cold instead of Cold Pen - on shaper/guardian calc...

I ran this build in betrayal (farmed down to delve 900 with it), and league started this league with it. I've tested cold pen vs. added cold dmg quite a bit, and I think added cold just feels better. We already get so much pen as it is with frost bomb, mastermind of discord, the tree, sambar sceptre, etc. It's not a huge deal either way, but just throwing in my 2 cents on the dmg boost of added cold.
Dernière édition par eniiqma, le 20 mars 2019 21:15:07

So this seems like a thoroughly decent helmet enchantment for this build. Reckon it's worth anything? I'm not desperate for the 30% extra (I'm running Arctic Armor as a third aura and I'm pretty happy with my mana pool either way) but I am desperate for a few EX to get my hands on an Impulsa. ^_^

On a side note, using Vaal Cold Snap to farm frenzy charges is really good and I can thoroughly recommend it.
Luna's Blackguards - a guild of bronies - is now recruiting! If you're a fan of our favourite chromatic marshmallow equines, hit me up with an add or whisper, and I'll invite you!
IGN: HopeYouAreFireProof
Dernière édition par Budget_player_cadet, le 21 mars 2019 06:30:17
"
myBLUEjeansIStight a écrit :

I'm planning on getting a different neck and following this guide a little closer.

I'm really struggling with shaper/ue as well as t15+

Any suggestions or recommendations would be fantastic. idk what im doing wrong, I'm going to be switching all my gems to your build recommendations here in a moment. If anyone could please offer me some suggestions I'd love you long time. <3

I have trouble with high tier bosses so i decided to try different item. So now i have better survival and mostly without problem killed high tier bosses. I can suggest put some spell leech on your neck.

Here is amulet (i crafted)

also

help a lot of while combat
How do you spend 200+ mana with Flame Dash to consistently proc Arcane Surge?
Luna's Blackguards - a guild of bronies - is now recruiting! If you're a fan of our favourite chromatic marshmallow equines, hit me up with an add or whisper, and I'll invite you!
IGN: HopeYouAreFireProof
Actually my POB said this amulet is 5.2- stronger then Pandemonious, so this is real? Because if is, i don't will pay 6ex in a amulet for just 5.2% atm

Dernière édition par RulesBreaked, le 21 mars 2019 10:04:43
Has anyone experimented with running two Nebulis, Void Sceptre with good rolls and getting cold resistance to the hard cap of 90%? This would be 340% increased cold damage per weapon slot, for a total of 680%. They are also quite cheap right now, going for 15-20c for one with good rolls.

I'm currently using a Doryani's Catalyst, and am quite dependent on the elemental damage leeched as life from it. I figure that I can get rid of it, get an amulet with a .5% cold damage leeched as life to keep my survivability, and have significantly more DPS.

I am a new player, and while I have excellent trash clear speeds, I'm really struggling with T13+ map bosses. They seem to hit me hard and I do very little damage to them, I am looking for ways to improve my gearing.

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires